norm said:
    Funny story..he looks good so far. 2 fantastic chips -1 thru 4
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    -3 through 7.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,763
    -3 through the front 9. Not bad at all.

Where is Cliffy??? He has to be loving this.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Big 6 ft par putt at 10. 1 bad chip but he's had 3 fantastic ones.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,377
    I
    AM
    TIGER
    WOODS
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    In at 33. Out at 40. Finishes at +1 for the day but got it to -4. All in all not a bad first round back.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    he's 17th out of 18 golfers ...
  • Options
    norm said:

In at 33. Out at 40. Finishes at +1 for the day but got it to -4. All in all not a bad first round back.

Yea a few bad swings all in all not bad. It does look a little different this comeback. He's hitting draws and fades...not just all fades..Duffed one pitch but had 3 really good ones. Just my opinion but i think he actually cares now. I don't think he put the time in the practice range before.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,604
    polaris_x said:

he's 17th out of 18 golfers ...

Yeah, but there are five people ahead of him only by 1 stroke. Definitely not going to win though.
  • Options
    Sure would be nice to see a replay of this instead of this Australian tournament on Golf channel tonight...

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,570
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    3 under through nine. Let's see if there is improvement on the back nine.

I am a Tiger fan. It is a good start for someone coming off a 400 day break.
  • Options
    -7 on the day..clean card for tiger. Pretty impressive. A few bad holes away from being in contention to win.
  • Options
    Yeah, a lot of positives to take out of this. No bogeys. Able to go low when the course is easy like the other players. Look forward to seeing him play a more difficult course. Hopefully the wind picks up on the weekend and the pin placements are tougher.
  • Options
    I
    AM
    TIGER WOODS
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Basically showed he can go low like the others..he'll have some bad rounds but he'll win again if he can stay healthy. 2017 Masters Champion.
  • Options
    birdie birdie start!

• Options
  • Options
    It's been a great tournament for tiger so far. He's pin hunting again, no signs of the yips, back is holding up, hitting decent drives, and he's showing he can score with the youngest guys out there..so glad hes back.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,570
    Wma31394 said:

It's been a great tournament for tiger so far. He's pin hunting again, no signs of the yips, back is holding up, hitting decent drives, and he's showing he can score with the youngest guys out there..so glad hes back.

the greens are flat like a pancake.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Wma31394 said:

the greens are flat like a pancake.
    Perhaps but putting won't be a problem. Never has been. This guy matsuyama is on fire.
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    How did Tiger do today????
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Led the field in birdies..
    Post edited by Wma31394 on
  • Options
    Great week for Tiger. I think he beat everyone's expectations which is good even if they were low. If Tiger can find a way to get a win under his belt than the mental side of things will be fixed and his confidence will be high again. The field is just so much stronger now though, but none compare to Tiger at his prime. They all miss their cuts and disappear for stretches.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,625

-3 through the front 9. Not bad at all.

Where is Cliffy??? He has to be loving this.

Got myself a little vacation for talking politics. That'll teach me.

In other news...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRBL4kWhnRk
  • Options
    No Laying Up podcast is absolutely killing it. Rory, Spieth and now Bones all on within a month or so.

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,763

No Laying Up podcast is absolutely killing it. Rory, Spieth and now Bones all on within a month or so.

I just started following those guys on twitter...haven't checked out their podcast yet. I'll have to add it to the list.
  • Options

I just started following those guys on twitter...haven't checked out their podcast yet. I'll have to add it to the list.
    Hilarious Twitter account. Podcast is good. Took some time to get rolling but has been pretty phenomenal the past month or so. He has to be getting Reed on sooner or later
  • Options

Hilarious Twitter account. Podcast is good. Took some time to get rolling but has been pretty phenomenal the past month or so. He has to be getting Reed on sooner or later
    Who's the host?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Wma31394 said:

Who's the host?
    One of the guys behind this website.

http://nolayingup.com/

They created Tour Sauce

http://nolayingup.com/category/tour-sauce/

Their Twitter is also responsible for the PrayForTedScott hashtag among many other hilarious memes and the like. The players seem to get a kick out of it and it seems to have blown up over the past few months. Rory kinda talked shit to the podcast host at the Ryder Cup during the DJ/Koepka match, in a fun way. Then came on the podcast a few weeks later.

Good article on them with some of their stuff highlighted

http://usgolftv.com/golf-articles/introduction-no-laying-up/
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on