• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,389

What in the fuck...

Yeah, he's done

Next year
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,843
    Sounds like the back is fine but the head is screwed.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,588
    he's "vulnerable" :bawling:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,608
    Tiger Woods is the greatest golfer of all time. Hard to argue not top 3. Go ahead and make fun of him like it makes your life any better.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,627
    http://www.golfwrx.com/403574/tigers-swing-looked-sharp-back-healthy-at-pebble-beach-clinic/

Looks like a nice swing and the shorter back swing should definitely help his back, but that is a very very slow swing. Granted, I am sure he wasn't going all out, but he's gotta be a whole hell of a lot more powerful than that to compete on tour. Haney in the background in some of the videos. Hasn't really tweeted anything since and just said it is slower than on course speed.
  • Options

http://www.golfwrx.com/403574/tigers-swing-looked-sharp-back-healthy-at-pebble-beach-clinic/

Looks like a nice swing and the shorter back swing should definitely help his back, but that is a very very slow swing. Granted, I am sure he wasn't going all out, but he's gotta be a whole hell of a lot more powerful than that to compete on tour. Haney in the background in some of the videos. Hasn't really tweeted anything since and just said it is slower than on course speed.

Maybe he's accepted the fact that he needs to sacrifice distance for accuracy at his age...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Maybe he's accepted the fact that he needs to sacrifice distance for accuracy at his age...
    Yeah, that's fine if it's possible, but he'd need his putting stroke back big time and tough to see that. I hope so, man. I just want to watch the guy play golf but I am getting less and less hopeful by the day. I just have a hard time seeing him compete against guys like Rory, Day and DJ while sacrificing 50+ yards to them
  • Options

Yeah, that's fine if it's possible, but he'd need his putting stroke back big time and tough to see that. I hope so, man. I just want to watch the guy play golf but I am getting less and less hopeful by the day. I just have a hard time seeing him compete against guys like Rory, Day and DJ while sacrificing 50+ yards to them
    If anyone can do it, it's the greatest golfer we've ever seen.

As disappointing as it is for him to withdraw this week, I think it's an encouraging sign that he still won't come back until he's 100% ready.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

If anyone can do it, it's the greatest golfer we've ever seen.

As disappointing as it is for him to withdraw this week, I think it's an encouraging sign that he still won't come back until he's 100% ready.
    I definitely agree on all of this. He needs some of that swagger back though too.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Should be dialed in to tear up the Champions Tour. I'd love to see him get that 17th major, but I don't think we'll see him win again, Hes a head case.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Augusta is a long ways away...haha
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Tiger admitted that he won't be getting to 18 majors. Edit: Or hold up, he's saying he's going to win more than 18, maybe? haha
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options

Tiger admitted that he won't be getting to 18 majors. Edit: Or hold up, he's saying he's going to win more than 18, maybe? haha

Yea seemed very cryptic I needed a 2nd and 3rd look..pretty balszy. Maybe he feels he found his game..
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

Yea seemed very cryptic I needed a 2nd and 3rd look..pretty balszy. Maybe he feels he found his game..
    Yeah, dude. I feel like he'd have a lot of balls to say that then come back and blade chips. Here's to hoping he's got it.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Good stuff from Rory on the No Laying Up podcast this morning.

Talking about how hard winning 4 majors is.

"If DJ and Day win three more majors they get to me. If I win three more majors I get to Arnold Palmer."
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    "I am excited to make my return at the Hero World Challenge at Albany and play in this terrific tournament," Woods said in a statement released Tuesday. "This is our 18th year, and every year we put together a top field that showcases the best golfers from the previous season. Albany is an outstanding setting, and I can't thank Hero MotoCorp enough for their support of the tournament and my foundation."

The annual tournament will also boast three of this year's major championship winners in Dustin Johnson, Henrik Stenson and Jimmy Walker, defending champion Bubba Watson and 2014 Hero Challenge winner Jordan Spieth.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    prediction: he'll finish in the top 20.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Remember when you predicted the demise of the patriots a few years ago?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    What a bunch of geeks we are. Drove past Merion to see the course on the way to the Tower.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Really looking forward to watching tiger this week..things seem pretty positive from his camp. Taylor made woods and Bridgestone ball I hear. Still nike irons..
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

Really looking forward to watching tiger this week..things seem pretty positive from his camp. Taylor made woods and Bridgestone ball I hear. Still nike irons..

Says he can hit all the shots now. Should be interesting.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Played golf Sunday morning in 45 degree temps. Beautiful day for golf! I actually prefer that weather to 95 and humid. Shot a personal best 86 too, which was lovely.

I used those black winter gloves on both hands. Anyone use these? They worked surprisingly well. Highly recommend.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Played golf Sunday morning in 45 degree temps. Beautiful day for golf! I actually prefer that weather to 95 and humid. Shot a personal best 86 too, which was lovely.

I used those black winter gloves on both hands. Anyone use these? They worked surprisingly well. Highly recommend.

Take it easy Tommy "2 gloves" Gainey..lol

Nice job on personal best.
  • Options

Wobbie said:

not me...that was some dude named imalive.

how are things in wentzlvania?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Wobbie said:

not me...that was some dude named imalive.

how are things in wentzlvania?
    Pretty good actually.

When you go into the season with zero expectations, this is kind of what you expect. September was a lot of fun though!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    2 eagles on front nine for Tiger today in the pro am. Can't wait to watch this weekend
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dammit :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,608

2 eagles on front nine for Tiger today in the pro am. Can't wait to watch this weekend

And a perfect stinger into the wind on a 210 yard par 3.