Your opinion about Immigration.

12357120

Comments

  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Godfather. wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:
    ...and I looked back at him and he was handing me a hand full of weed saying vominos (sp) and real quick I knew we had come to have a beer on the wrong night

    You mean you went there on the 'right' night?

    no...why do you say that ?

    Godfather.

    You mean to say you get handed a bag of weed every day from total strangers?
    "It's not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential." - Bruce Lee

    "Don't ride on me man, ride with me" - Byrnzie on LSD

    "Ed Vedder? He sounds like the song of the North West sung by Chief Broom in the body of R.P McMurphy." - Byrnzie
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,213
    Godfather. wrote:
    you don't know much about the world around you do you ..you need to get out and give your computer a break,giving people a hard time on this forum seem to be your life.....sad.

    Godfather.
    ...
    Just as I figured... a side step to avoid stepping up to the plate.
    You know what I think? I think your story was nothing more than a lie you made up to reinforce your opinion on illegal immigration. Trying to play on the fears of drug wars at out borders by making up some imaginary incident that you never were a part of.
    Why? Because kilos of pot aren't packed in boxes for smugling. They are wrapped tightly with Saran Wrap and duct taped into blocks to make them water proof. If set adrift from a boat off shore, they are weighted down so they do not float on the surface and are marked only with a bouy to lessen the probability of detection.
    How do I know this? I work with a lot of military people... many of whom are Air Force and Marine Air Corp reserves who's full time jobs are cops. I've heard their stories.
    And if you really did experience this night of beer drinking and free hand fulls of buds (which is also questionable because the wholesale smugglers don't break up the buds from the leaves, that's done by the smaller distributors down the supply chain)... if you really did encounter drug smugglers... you should count your blessings that you crossed the pussies of all drug smugglers. Otherwise you and your friend's bodies would have turned up in the deserts East of San Diego, strangled with the nylon straps they use to attach the weights and bouys.
    ...
    And just so you get it straight... I call out bullshit when I hear it. If you feel I am giving you a hard time... it's probably because you are bullshitting.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    Cosmo wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:
    you don't know much about the world around you do you ..you need to get out and give your computer a break,giving people a hard time on this forum seem to be your life.....sad.

    Godfather.
    ...
    Just as I figured... a side step to avoid stepping up to the plate.
    You know what I think? I think your story was nothing more than a lie you made up to reinforce your opinion on illegal immigration. Trying to play on the fears of drug wars at out borders by making up some imaginary incident that you never were a part of.
    Why? Because kilos of pot aren't packed in boxes for smugling. They are wrapped tightly with Saran Wrap and duct taped into blocks to make them water proof. If set adrift from a boat off shore, they are weighted down so they do not float on the surface and are marked only with a bouy to lessen the probability of detection.
    How do I know this? I work with a lot of military people... many of whom are Air Force and Marine Air Corp reserves who's full time jobs are cops. I've heard their stories.
    And if you really did experience this night of beer drinking and free hand fulls of buds (which is also questionable because the wholesale smugglers don't break up the buds from the leaves, that's done by the smaller distributors down the supply chain)... if you really did encounter drug smugglers... you should count your blessings that you crossed the pussies of all drug smugglers. Otherwise you and your friend's bodies would have turned up in the deserts East of San Diego, strangled with the nylon straps they use to attach the weights and bouys.
    ...
    And just so you get it straight... I call out bullshit when I hear it. If you feel I am giving you a hard time... it's probably because you are bullshitting.

    yea sure cos..... :lol: btw I rest my case.

    Godfather.
    it dosen't matter to me what a man dose for a living you understand..
    as long as his interest's don't conflict with mine.
  • Build a wall.

    Citizenship for all that are already here.

    But it has to be in that order.
  • vomikus39vomikus39 Posts: 250
    Don't forget your history, we are all immingrants unless of course you are native american. I love America, but lets not be naive to our history, it's not all very pretty. However, something needs to be done about todays illegal immigration, I am not sure if stopping every mexican in arizona is the right way to do it, but something needs to be done to alleviate the situation. Most of the people hopping the border are coming here for the same reasons my great grandparents came here, a better life, a better situation for their families. So lets not be so quick to hate and throw everyone out, if that's the case then throw me to Italy, even though I was born here that's where my family came from. I don't know what to do about it honestly, that's why I am not the President.
    Who the f*ck goes around skinning cats~~Ed

    It all comes down to changing your head~~John Lennon

    MSG 6-24-08/MSG 5-21-10/Philly MIA 9-2-12/Chicago Wrigley Field 7-19-13/Brooklyn NY 1&2 10-2013/Philly 1&2 10-2013
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    vomikus39 wrote:
    Don't forget your history, we are all immingrants unless of course you are native american. I love America, but lets not be naive to our history, it's not all very pretty. However, something needs to be done about todays illegal immigration, I am not sure if stopping every mexican in arizona is the right way to do it, but something needs to be done to alleviate the situation. Most of the people hopping the border are coming here for the same reasons my great grandparents came here, a better life, a better situation for their families. So lets not be so quick to hate and throw everyone out, if that's the case then throw me to Italy, even though I was born here that's where my family came from. I don't know what to do about it honestly, that's why I am not the President.

    it's not a case of hate at all for (me anyway) I don't think anybody knows what to do it's a ugly situation for sure, one thing that can be done is to go after the companys that hire them, get caught loose your business..
    that would make people think twice.

    Godfather.
    it dosen't matter to me what a man dose for a living you understand..
    as long as his interest's don't conflict with mine.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Godfather. wrote:
    it's not a case of hate at all for (me anyway) I don't think anybody knows what to do it's a ugly situation for sure, one thing that can be done is to go after the companys that hire them, get caught loose your business..
    that would make people think twice.

    Godfather.

    yeah... but it's much easier to just vilify the brown people who are looking to support their families...



    But sometimes I wonder if the big-time anti-immigration folks have answered the "then what?" question... They want to really crack down on illegal-immigration? ok... build a fence, fine every business, deport every illegal you can find... then what?

    Food prices skyrocket, hotel prices go up, construction/home prices go up... any economic growth instantly turns around and the economy goes back into the shitter... happy then?


    Another funny thing I noticed, is a lot of the anti-immigrant crowd are also the anti-big government people. I guess the huge spending increase in the Department of Homeland Security that would be needed is fine with them though...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    Food prices skyrocket, hotel prices go up, construction/home prices go up... any economic growth instantly turns around and the economy goes back into the shitter... happy then?

    I don't think that will happen, the issue is more than job's what if we could stop spending millions of dollars a year on them,I'm not sure of the amount of money the US spends each year but it's a butt load...the real question after that would be" where did all that money go we stoped spending on illegal-immigration ?"

    Godfather.
    it dosen't matter to me what a man dose for a living you understand..
    as long as his interest's don't conflict with mine.
  • arqarq Posts: 7,855
    The theme is so complex that nobody can forth see what could happen, but even if all the illegal immigrants left this country tomorrow, I'm pretty sure that the next day the USA is not going to become the utopia some people think it would be without the illegal immigrants, the unemployment rate is not going to drop to 1% and the pockets of the country are not going to be overflow with the money this country spend on immigration, but maybe Jesus will arrive from the sky driving his Ford SUV.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • haffajappahaffajappa British ColumbiaPosts: 5,955
    arq wrote:
    The theme is so complex that nobody can forth see what could happen, but even if all the illegal immigrants left this country tomorrow, I'm pretty sure that the next day the USA is not going to become the utopia some people think it would be without the illegal immigrants, the unemployment rate is not going to drop to 1% and the pockets of the country are not going to be overflow with the money this country spend on immigration, but maybe Jesus will arrive from the sky driving his Ford SUV.
    Ummm, that's a pretty bold statement about Jesus.

    I think he drives an escalade. 8-)
    "supp bitchezz"
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • arqarq Posts: 7,855
    haffajappa wrote:
    I think he drives an escalade. 8-)
    "supp bitchezz"

    You don't have any idea how hard you made me laugh!

    :lol:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    arq wrote:
    The theme is so complex that nobody can forth see what could happen, but even if all the illegal immigrants left this country tomorrow, I'm pretty sure that the next day the USA is not going to become the utopia some people think it would be without the illegal immigrants, the unemployment rate is not going to drop to 1% and the pockets of the country are not going to be overflow with the money this country spend on immigration, but maybe Jesus will arrive from the sky driving his Ford SUV.

    exactly... the divisive voices from the far right will just pick a new target to blame all of the problems on, and direct people's anger to them, because they are unhappy with their lot in life.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    arq wrote:
    The theme is so complex that nobody can forth see what could happen, but even if all the illegal immigrants left this country tomorrow, I'm pretty sure that the next day the USA is not going to become the utopia some people think it would be without the illegal immigrants, the unemployment rate is not going to drop to 1% and the pockets of the country are not going to be overflow with the money this country spend on immigration, but maybe Jesus will arrive from the sky driving his Ford SUV.

    exactly... the divisive voices from the far right will just pick a new target to blame all of the problems on, and direct people's anger to them, because they are unhappy with their lot in life.

    and everybody will still have something to bitch about...people here included :lol:

    Godfather.
    it dosen't matter to me what a man dose for a living you understand..
    as long as his interest's don't conflict with mine.
  • arqarq Posts: 7,855
    Godfather. wrote:
    arq wrote:
    The theme is so complex that nobody can forth see what could happen, but even if all the illegal immigrants left this country tomorrow, I'm pretty sure that the next day the USA is not going to become the utopia some people think it would be without the illegal immigrants, the unemployment rate is not going to drop to 1% and the pockets of the country are not going to be overflow with the money this country spend on immigration, but maybe Jesus will arrive from the sky driving his Ford SUV.

    exactly... the divisive voices from the far right will just pick a new target to blame all of the problems on, and direct people's anger to them, because they are unhappy with their lot in life.

    and everybody will still have something to bitch about...people here included :lol:

    Godfather.

    Such is the burden of being human :P
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    Build a wall.

    Citizenship for all that are already here.

    But it has to be in that order.
    Now there's a progressive idea :roll:

    This forum is called A Moving Train. Not the Completely-stagnant-possibly-even-moving-backwards-because-people-type-whatever-ridiculously-archaic-and-or-idiotic-idea-that-pops-into-his-or-her-head Train.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Now there's a progressive idea :roll:

    This forum is called A Moving Train. Not the Completely-stagnant-possibly-even-moving-backwards-because-people-type-whatever-ridiculously-archaic-and-or-idiotic-idea-that-pops-into-his-or-her-head Train.
    They wanted to call it that but it was too long.
  • haffajappahaffajappa British ColumbiaPosts: 5,955
    Hey speaking of immigration i forgot to mention,
    i read in the paper a couple weeks ago about an El Salvadorian man being deported from Canada (from my neighbourhood) but didn't really understand why because the article didn't say many details as it was an editorial or something. One of my customers came in to the store yesterday and asked me if I'd sign the petition for him... She didn't really explain it well either which I feel is unfortunate because if she had made it clear what's happening i think she could get a lot more signatures. Well I signed it anyways (even though i generally try to be a bit more educated when i do sign petitions) but I'm glad I did because it looks like the federal gov't is deporting him because of his "terrorist" ties 20 years ago during the civil war...

    here's a part of the article:

    Figueroa has been told by the immigration board that his involvement in the “terrorist” political organization ‘FMLN’ 20 years ago is the reason he must be sent away.

    As a university student, he was part of a student group trying to gain support for the FMLN in the late 1980s.

    He never participated in any fighting. The strangest twist is that in 2009, the FMLN was democratically elected as El Salvador’s government — one which is recognized by both the UN and the Canadian government as a legitimate political party.

    At the time Figueroa got involved with the FMLN he was a young man who had grown up watching the extreme violence perpetrated on his people by the then-government regime.

    Death squads shot into crowds at a funeral of an archbishop.

    The Salvadoran Civil War went from 1980 to 1992 when a peace agreement was signed and has been upheld ever since.

    The government at the time was responsible for 85 per cent of the violence in the civil war. The FMLN was considered the leftist group.


    I know that a trust fund is set up for him because his family can't afford legal help...
    Our stupid MP Mark Warawa (Conservative Party) says "“The immigration board is an independent tribunal who decides who can stay and who must go. They’ve decided he needs to leave Canada and he will,” What a jerk!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • arqarq Posts: 7,855
    haffajappa wrote:
    ... They’ve decided he needs to leave Canada and he will,” What a jerk!

    :( sad sad world we live in...
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • haffajappahaffajappa British ColumbiaPosts: 5,955
    arq wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    ... They’ve decided he needs to leave Canada and he will,” What a jerk!

    :( sad sad world we live in...
    seriously..
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    haffajappa wrote:
    Hey speaking of immigration i forgot to mention,
    i read in the paper a couple weeks ago about an El Salvadorian man being deported from Canada (from my neighbourhood) but didn't really understand why because the article didn't say many details as it was an editorial or something. One of my customers came in to the store yesterday and asked me if I'd sign the petition for him... She didn't really explain it well either which I feel is unfortunate because if she had made it clear what's happening i think she could get a lot more signatures. Well I signed it anyways (even though i generally try to be a bit more educated when i do sign petitions) but I'm glad I did because it looks like the federal gov't is deporting him because of his "terrorist" ties 20 years ago during the civil war...

    here's a part of the article:

    Figueroa has been told by the immigration board that his involvement in the “terrorist” political organization ‘FMLN’ 20 years ago is the reason he must be sent away.

    As a university student, he was part of a student group trying to gain support for the FMLN in the late 1980s.

    He never participated in any fighting. The strangest twist is that in 2009, the FMLN was democratically elected as El Salvador’s government — one which is recognized by both the UN and the Canadian government as a legitimate political party.

    At the time Figueroa got involved with the FMLN he was a young man who had grown up watching the extreme violence perpetrated on his people by the then-government regime.

    Death squads shot into crowds at a funeral of an archbishop.

    The Salvadoran Civil War went from 1980 to 1992 when a peace agreement was signed and has been upheld ever since.

    The government at the time was responsible for 85 per cent of the violence in the civil war. The FMLN was considered the leftist group.


    I know that a trust fund is set up for him because his family can't afford legal help...
    Our stupid MP Mark Warawa (Conservative Party) says "“The immigration board is an independent tribunal who decides who can stay and who must go. They’ve decided he needs to leave Canada and he will,” What a jerk!

    Oh you have got to be fucking kidding! That's total bullshit!! :evil:
  • haffajappahaffajappa British ColumbiaPosts: 5,955
    scb wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    Hey speaking of immigration i forgot to mention,
    i read in the paper a couple weeks ago about an El Salvadorian man being deported from Canada (from my neighbourhood) but didn't really understand why because the article didn't say many details as it was an editorial or something. One of my customers came in to the store yesterday and asked me if I'd sign the petition for him... She didn't really explain it well either which I feel is unfortunate because if she had made it clear what's happening i think she could get a lot more signatures. Well I signed it anyways (even though i generally try to be a bit more educated when i do sign petitions) but I'm glad I did because it looks like the federal gov't is deporting him because of his "terrorist" ties 20 years ago during the civil war...

    here's a part of the article:

    Figueroa has been told by the immigration board that his involvement in the “terrorist” political organization ‘FMLN’ 20 years ago is the reason he must be sent away.

    As a university student, he was part of a student group trying to gain support for the FMLN in the late 1980s.

    He never participated in any fighting. The strangest twist is that in 2009, the FMLN was democratically elected as El Salvador’s government — one which is recognized by both the UN and the Canadian government as a legitimate political party.

    At the time Figueroa got involved with the FMLN he was a young man who had grown up watching the extreme violence perpetrated on his people by the then-government regime.

    Death squads shot into crowds at a funeral of an archbishop.

    The Salvadoran Civil War went from 1980 to 1992 when a peace agreement was signed and has been upheld ever since.

    The government at the time was responsible for 85 per cent of the violence in the civil war. The FMLN was considered the leftist group.


    I know that a trust fund is set up for him because his family can't afford legal help...
    Our stupid MP Mark Warawa (Conservative Party) says "“The immigration board is an independent tribunal who decides who can stay and who must go. They’ve decided he needs to leave Canada and he will,” What a jerk!

    Oh you have got to be fucking kidding! That's total bullshit!! :evil:
    This happened to a former KGB officer a little while ago as well.
    Although he wasn't here legally...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 11,592
    haffajappa wrote:
    Well I signed it anyways (even though i generally try to be a bit more educated when i do sign petitions)


    This is why petitions are often worthless...well, they are worth whatever a recycler will give you for the paper I guess.

    I know nothing more than what you typed about the situation, so not saying anything about the particular situation, but people often sign petitions without knowing anything about it. At least you had some idea.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • haffajappahaffajappa British ColumbiaPosts: 5,955
    haffajappa wrote:
    Well I signed it anyways (even though i generally try to be a bit more educated when i do sign petitions)


    This is why petitions are often worthless...well, they are worth whatever a recycler will give you for the paper I guess.

    I know nothing more than what you typed about the situation, so not saying anything about the particular situation, but people often sign petitions without knowing anything about it. At least you had some idea.
    yeah it actually bothered me a bit, because when i asked the lady she couldn't quite explain it.
    you'ren not going to get very may signatures that way, and at least you're not going to get people very educated on the issue. I only signed because like i said i had read a bit about it a few weeks ago just didn't know the entire situation as much as i'd liked. she just said he was being deported... but why? (I asked)
    I mean, if he's a sex predator or murderer or something i'm not going to sign a petition for him to stay just because he goes to your church (the only thing she could conjure up).
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,485
    That link has a story with a very misleading title.
  • haffajappahaffajappa British ColumbiaPosts: 5,955
    unsung wrote:
    That link has a story with a very misleading title.
    how?
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • MoonTurtleMoonTurtle Posts: 744
    yea, how?

    haffajappa wrote:
    unsung wrote:
    That link has a story with a very misleading title.
    how?
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,485
    He is not a legal immigrant instead he is one that has defied deportation orders, therefore he is in the country illegally. There is a difference between legal and illegal, yet these LW newspapers are trying to make it sound like people who are against illegal immigration are against all immigration. They act as if we want all immigrants removed, which is not the case. They need to define his status instead of making a generalization. The title is vague.
  • MoonTurtleMoonTurtle Posts: 744
    the title does not state whether he has proper docs or not, therefore it is not misleading. also,I think there must be a grace period or something if you are appealing because the article states he will be granted a work visa in July.




    unsung wrote:
    He is not a legal immigrant instead he is one that has defied deportation orders, therefore he is in the country illegally. There is a difference between legal and illegal, yet these LW newspapers are trying to make it sound like people who are against illegal immigration are against all immigration. They act as if we want all immigrants removed, which is not the case. They need to define his status instead of making a generalization. The title is vague.
  • haffajappahaffajappa British ColumbiaPosts: 5,955
    but he's married to an American so whats the biggie?
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
Sign In or Register to comment.