Options

Your opinion about Immigration.

Comments

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    unsung said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:
    Again, I assign the blame on the parents.  The US govt is responsible as far as allowing incentives to be handed out to the people illegally coming here.  

So you have no moral or ethical opinion on the subject?  You can blame the parents all you want, but then children are hurt.  Is that okay with you because it's the parents' fault?
    Don't blame me, blame the parents.  I did not bring them to a place where there are consequences.

My sympathy with the children is that they are being used as political pawns.  
    Do you factor in that most of these individuals and families are fleeing violence severe enough that facing these potential consequences seems like the better option?
    Do you factor in that the violence exists because our border is not secure?
    I disagree that the violence in those countries stems from the state of the American border, or that it would be fixed by a more “secure” border 
    Then you don't understand the problem.
    So.. control of the border will create peace in Central America?  You think the SW border is the only way drugs can get into the US?
    No, but it would be a huge start.
    so locking people inside a burning building puts out the fire?

GENIUS
    Um...what?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,667
    edited June 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:
    Ah yeah.. So are you all happy that the president signed an order to keep families together while going through the process? Does Trump get kudos for that.
    Happy? Not how I would describe it I guess. It's unfortunate no matter what, but non-separation is better. As for your second question, no. You don't get credit for an issue you created. Forgiveness could be a possibility if there was ever any indication a mistake was made, but we all know that's never going to happen.

How about you, happy? Do you think he deserves kudos?

You've spent most of your time the last few posts just poking at the hornet nest for fun. Maybe a serious response this time?
    If you actually read what i've posted in the past you would've seen that I've already talked about my feelings towards the issues that are going on with immigration. this has been going on for years it didn't just start with this administration. It has been going on through all the administrations.  and like I said before they only let the immigrants into this country when they need them and that's a sad situation. I'm glad he made the change in policy. I do agree there has to be a vetting process to keep criminals, terrorists and traffickers from getting in. I hope that they're making sure all that are being detained are safe from any criminals that may be awaiting the process.
    It seems when it's getting close to election time, the party in office suddenly starts to change their immigration policies to get the votes for their party like the past administration for example. That doesn't make them a great president or senator or congressman, it just makes them a politician just like all before them. It's wrong to use these people as your political stepping stone. It's election time and the politicians are coming out in force to investigate the issue and "help" that's why all this is being brought up. They were seperating children from parents in the past administration. Once politicians get elected it'll back to the same. 
    Immigrants should be welcome in this country as long as they don't expect a free ride. Come here to work and spend your money here, not to get in and then collect benefits that aren't available to the people here. 
    Please enumerate the benefits that immigrants get that aren’t available to the people here.

Free healthcare, free housing, free food, cash assistance. I know you already know this but choose to act unaware.
    I missed this post earlier. You don't actually believe this do you?

Where did you learn this from?
    Alex Jones
    Breitbart
    Focksnooze
    Infomax
    RT
    Richard Spencer
    Daily Stormer
    Nope. It's by living in the real world not a bubble. 
    That is absolute bullshit. If you lived in the real world you would understand the actual realities of the economics of immigrants. Immigrants contribute positively to the economy in the long run, not negatively. For whatever help they may get, depending on the situation (no, it's not how you just intimated - free everything, lol. If that's what you really think you're in la la land), they make up for it and then some in the long run. Immigration is an economic PLUS in North America, and absolutely key to economic growth. You'd know that if you stopped living in YOUR bubble.
    Honestly, it seems like you've essentially stopped thinking of immigrants as actual people with lives. They've just become some kind of "other" to you, an other that doesn't have aspirations, who don't work and contribute in their own ways, who don't have futures or hopes or anything to do with society besides being leaches. Apparently they are not people who contribute to the economy in your mind, or to the work force, or anything. It's alarming that so many people think this way.
    European Immigrants went about to systematically destroy every thing great about NA ... As a descendent from immigrants the worst thing to ever happen to First Nations people, the wildlife and absolute Canada the beautiful country they stole from the First Nations people.  Whats worst yet, is why the fuck do First Nations people need to live under laws created by their European conquerers .... make no mistake we are living on STOLEN LAND with more than enough money and resources to make it right with our First Nations peoples.  And JT is full of shit in his empty promises ... cash will fixl a lot of whats wrong with our first nations people.
    ..... That's veering pretty far off topic, no? I'm sure you know that I'm talking about current events in the context of the anti-immigration policies of the Trump administration, and not about the history of Europeans decimating Native populations? I'd like to keep it to the topic of the thread if you don't mind. I do think what you're talking about is a worthwhile discussion, but not in this thread.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    benjs said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    unsung said:
    Oh btw, now you all support private property rights!

Bake the cake! Serve the dinner!
    Within limits.  First of all, no one owns land.  Land belongs to the earth.  The earth will reclaim its own in due time.  Secondly, those who do "own" land on paper have an obligation to treat it with respect.  Abuse your land base and you put yourself (either individually or as a species) at risk.  Abuse your land base, and the earth will reclaim its own all that much sooner.

This, of course, is a biocentric viewpoint.  An anthropocentric viewpoint will probably see it differently.  But as always, earth bats last.
    The limits seem to be only what liberals feel should be the limits and they can change them to fit their agenda at any time. 
    What in the holy fuck does basic environmental science have to do with anyone being a "liberal" and of what "agenda" do you speak? 

Oh well.  I'm glad you're here to keep us amused.

I was talking about the response about "bake the cake. Serve the dinner".
    Let's be fair either you agree everyone gets served or you can pick and choose who you as the owner or manager want to serve. What's it gonna be?

Would there be a difference between not serving someone because they happen to homosexual, or not serve a group of nazis?
    Yes, I think this restaurant was even worse.
    Agree with the baker or not, they had a specific reason of religious beliefs. They were also willing to serve the gay community, just not a specific event that went against the belief. That being said, I think they should have just done it.
    Sanders was refused service for no reason other than they just don’t like her based on her political views. To me that seems far more extreme, no real reason. What if this was an Obamacare staffer that was refused service because the owner didn’t agree with Obamacare? 
    Do you really want to open up that window to discriminate against people you just done agree with?
    Im surprised at everyone supporting this restaurant owner.
    I may have a different opinion than some here. I don't believe my freedom of speech should be impeded by my government, but by my society. The double-edged sword to this is that whether my society becomes progressive and accepting, or a regressive and intolerant one, the citizenry (we) are the architects of our future society.

If I want to treat any group with special treatment, that's my prerogative, and with that act, I accept that there are potentially going to be social ramifications which could include legal protests and boycotting of my business, as are within the rights of the citizenry. I disagree with the government's intervention in such matters, as I believe we need an engaged citizenry to discuss what is just and right, and what is unjust, rather than giving us a free pass while the government mandates ethics (meaning we never truly seek justice, we only seek living within legal boundaries). The baker risked his credibility amongst society, just as the restauranteur did. Society (we) must speak up on which we deem acceptable. 
    so, in your opinion, a restaurant displaying a "whites only" sign should be legal?
    Yes.  Is it right to do?  No.  But I don't believe in government forcing people to run their private business how it sees fit.

I also fully support how the market would react.  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,877
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:
    Again, I assign the blame on the parents.  The US govt is responsible as far as allowing incentives to be handed out to the people illegally coming here.  

So you have no moral or ethical opinion on the subject?  You can blame the parents all you want, but then children are hurt.  Is that okay with you because it's the parents' fault?
    Don't blame me, blame the parents.  I did not bring them to a place where there are consequences.

My sympathy with the children is that they are being used as political pawns.  
    Do you factor in that most of these individuals and families are fleeing violence severe enough that facing these potential consequences seems like the better option?
    Do you factor in that the violence exists because our border is not secure?
    I disagree that the violence in those countries stems from the state of the American border, or that it would be fixed by a more “secure” border 
    Then you don't understand the problem.
    So.. control of the border will create peace in Central America?  You think the SW border is the only way drugs can get into the US?
    No, but it would be a huge start.
    so locking people inside a burning building puts out the fire?

GENIUS
    Um...what?
    you claimed (or seemed to agree with a claim) that closing the border would create peace in central america. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Not absolutely but it would be a start.  You'd have to also have an appetite to end the bullshit war on drugs.  You'd have to remove financial incentives for people to come here illegally.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:
    Ah yeah.. So are you all happy that the president signed an order to keep families together while going through the process? Does Trump get kudos for that.
    Happy? Not how I would describe it I guess. It's unfortunate no matter what, but non-separation is better. As for your second question, no. You don't get credit for an issue you created. Forgiveness could be a possibility if there was ever any indication a mistake was made, but we all know that's never going to happen.

You've spent most of your time the last few posts just poking at the hornet nest for fun. Maybe a serious response this time?
    If you actually read what i've posted in the past you would've seen that I've already talked about my feelings towards the issues that are going on with immigration. this has been going on for years it didn't just start with this administration. It has been going on through all the administrations.  and like I said before they only let the immigrants into this country when they need them and that's a sad situation. I'm glad he made the change in policy. I do agree there has to be a vetting process to keep criminals, terrorists and traffickers from getting in. I hope that they're making sure all that are being detained are safe from any criminals that may be awaiting the process.
    It seems when it's getting close to election time, the party in office suddenly starts to change their immigration policies to get the votes for their party like the past administration for example. That doesn't make them a great president or senator or congressman, it just makes them a politician just like all before them. It's wrong to use these people as your political stepping stone. It's election time and the politicians are coming out in force to investigate the issue and "help" that's why all this is being brought up. They were seperating children from parents in the past administration. Once politicians get elected it'll back to the same. 
    Immigrants should be welcome in this country as long as they don't expect a free ride. Come here to work and spend your money here, not to get in and then collect benefits that aren't available to the people here. 
    Please enumerate the benefits that immigrants get that aren’t available to the people here.

Free healthcare, free housing, free food, cash assistance. I know you already know this but choose to act unaware.

Alex Jones
    Breitbart
    Focksnooze
    Infomax
    RT
    Richard Spencer
    Daily Stormer
    That is absolute bullshit. If you lived in the real world you would understand the actual realities of the economics of immigrants. Immigrants contribute positively to the economy in the long run, not negatively. For whatever help they may get, depending on the situation (no, it's not how you just intimated - free everything, lol. If that's what you really think you're in la la land), they make up for it and then some in the long run. Immigration is an economic PLUS in North America, and absolutely key to economic growth. You'd know that if you stopped living in YOUR bubble.
    Honestly, it seems like you've essentially stopped thinking of immigrants as actual people with lives. They've just become some kind of "other" to you, an other that doesn't have aspirations, who don't work and contribute in their own ways, who don't have futures or hopes or anything to do with society besides being leaches. Apparently they are not people who contribute to the economy in your mind, or to the work force, or anything. It's alarming that so many people think this way.
    European Immigrants went about to systematically destroy every thing great about NA ... As a descendent from immigrants the worst thing to ever happen to First Nations people, the wildlife and absolute Canada the beautiful country they stole from the First Nations people.  Whats worst yet, is why the fuck do First Nations people need to live under laws created by their European conquerers .... make no mistake we are living on STOLEN LAND with more than enough money and resources to make it right with our First Nations peoples.  And JT is full of shit in his empty promises ... cash will fixl a lot of whats wrong with our first nations people.
    ..... That's veering pretty far off topic, no? I'm sure you know that I'm talking about current events in the context of the anti-immigration policies of the Trump administration, and not about the history of Europeans decimating Native populations? I'd like to keep it to the topic of the thread if you don't mind. I do think what you're talking about is a worthwhile discussion, but not in this thread.
    No it's not ... the topic is immigration.  You believe immigrants contribute positively.  I do not believe they have.  They brought disease, alcoholism, with their over hunting and farming practices they have put so majestic species at risk of extinction and how many forest did the European immigrant remove for their farms.  Plus immigrants contribute to the over population of our cities...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    edited June 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:

Alex Jones
    Breitbart
    Focksnooze
    Infomax
    RT
    Richard Spencer
    Daily Stormer
    My family were immigrants not so long ago. My great grand parents came here on my grandmother's side and my grandfather immigrated here. Your statements are ridiculous. 
    :lol: Um, yeah, every white American's ancestors were immigrants. Do you seriously think this excludes them from being anti-immigrant now?? Because THAT would be ridiculous.
    And what about my statements are ridiculous? Are you trying to claim that immigrants do not have a positive economic role in America, as you suggested with your little list of "benefits" (and all your other posts about it)?
    You making the statement that I am anti-immigrant is ridiculous for one. I know I know, if you don't agree completely with the liberals views you're a racist. 
  • Options
    Some people still haven't figured out the difference between legal and illegal.  It takes time.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:

Alex Jones
    Breitbart
    Focksnooze
    Infomax
    RT
    Richard Spencer
    Daily Stormer
    No it's not ... the topic is immigration.  You believe immigrants contribute positively.  I do not believe they have.  They brought disease, alcoholism, with their over hunting and farming practices they have put so majestic species at risk of extinction and how many forest did the European immigrant remove for their farms.  Plus immigrants contribute to the over population of our cities...
    Why you are criticizing Tumps immigration policy ... we did much, much worse ... we separated the original occupants of Canada and put their children into abusive residential schools...and we have never owned up to that with real compensation, just dummies like Trudeau who continue to apologize but does not really prioritize the problem to get the problems fixed ... ever PM has been that way.  Ridiculous.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,749
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:

Alex Jones
    Breitbart
    Focksnooze
    Infomax
    RT
    Richard Spencer
    Daily Stormer

So you think every person in this country's history with the exception of Native Americans have contributed nothing positive? I'm a little confused by your statement. So you're slamming ALL immigrants to this country including the Europeans that immigrated (or invaded, if you like) here in the 1600's?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    unsung said:
    benjs said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    unsung said:

Within limits.  First of all, no one owns land.  Land belongs to the earth.  The earth will reclaim its own in due time.  Secondly, those who do "own" land on paper have an obligation to treat it with respect.  Abuse your land base and you put yourself (either individually or as a species) at risk.  Abuse your land base, and the earth will reclaim its own all that much sooner.

This, of course, is a biocentric viewpoint.  An anthropocentric viewpoint will probably see it differently.  But as always, earth bats last.
    The limits seem to be only what liberals feel should be the limits and they can change them to fit their agenda at any time. 
    What in the holy fuck does basic environmental science have to do with anyone being a "liberal" and of what "agenda" do you speak? 

Let's be fair either you agree everyone gets served or you can pick and choose who you as the owner or manager want to serve. What's it gonna be?

Would there be a difference between not serving someone because they happen to homosexual, or not serve a group of nazis?
    Agree with the baker or not, they had a specific reason of religious beliefs. They were also willing to serve the gay community, just not a specific event that went against the belief. That being said, I think they should have just done it.
    Sanders was refused service for no reason other than they just don’t like her based on her political views. To me that seems far more extreme, no real reason. What if this was an Obamacare staffer that was refused service because the owner didn’t agree with Obamacare? 
    Do you really want to open up that window to discriminate against people you just done agree with?
    I may have a different opinion than some here. I don't believe my freedom of speech should be impeded by my government, but by my society. The double-edged sword to this is that whether my society becomes progressive and accepting, or a regressive and intolerant one, the citizenry (we) are the architects of our future society.

If I want to treat any group with special treatment, that's my prerogative, and with that act, I accept that there are potentially going to be social ramifications which could include legal protests and boycotting of my business, as are within the rights of the citizenry. I disagree with the government's intervention in such matters, as I believe we need an engaged citizenry to discuss what is just and right, and what is unjust, rather than giving us a free pass while the government mandates ethics (meaning we never truly seek justice, we only seek living within legal boundaries). The baker risked his credibility amongst society, just as the restauranteur did. Society (we) must speak up on which we deem acceptable. 
    so, in your opinion, a restaurant displaying a "whites only" sign should be legal?
    Yes.  Is it right to do?  No.  But I don't believe in government forcing people to run their private business how it sees fit.

And when the market fully supports it, what then?  
    I guess then it's an Unsung Default Answer: " Oh well, it doesn't hurt me so I don't care who it hurts, as long as my extremist ideology is upheld"
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:

Alex Jones
    Breitbart
    Focksnooze
    Infomax
    RT
    Richard Spencer
    Daily Stormer

So you think every person in this country's history with the exception of Native Americans have contributed nothing positive? I'm a little confused by your statement. So you're slamming ALL immigrants to this country including the Europeans that immigrated (or invaded, if you like) here in the 1600's?
    So you feel good that the Descendants of European immigrants stole this land and and dictate how our First Nations people live ... give your fucking selfish ignorant head a shake.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:

Alex Jones
    Breitbart
    Focksnooze
    Infomax
    RT
    Richard Spencer
    Daily Stormer

So you feel good that the Descendants of European immigrants stole this land and and dictate how our First Nations people live ... give your fucking selfish ignorant head a shake.
    Have you ever been on a First Nation reserve ... I have.  It's despicable that its how we treat our First Nations people.  I will say one thing about First Nations people ... most respect the environment that surrounds them.  Other that the housing and lack of clean water on some of the reserves, their properties are clean and they don't cut every last tree so they can have the perfect manicured yards that seem to be a common theme in the towns and cities occupied by Europeans thieves.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:

Alex Jones
    Breitbart
    Focksnooze
    Infomax
    RT
    Richard Spencer
    Daily Stormer

Don't fucking put words in my mouth. I was simply asking what exactly you were saying. I didn't say "I feel good" about anything.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

unsung said:

I have admittedly gone back and forth on this. while I don't necessarily agree it's the same in terms of ethics, refusing service to someone based on personal politics is considered discrimination. unless huckabee did something specific to this restaurant owner, it could be given a pass, but it appears she only ejected her because of her political affiliation. 

that being said,i think SHS is a vile piece of garbage. but she still should have been allowed to have a meal. 
    And now loonybin Maxine Waters has issued demands to step up the harassment.   Someone is going to get killed because of this.
    I have to say, I didn't see the video, but I saw the quotes, and I was unnerved by it. I don't think harassment is the right way to go at ALL. It needs to be respectful and peaceful. otherwise you just create an even bigger monster in your adversary. 
    Now I hope you can begin to understand my point.  I can't afford a private security guard like Michael Bloomberg and nobody is renting one for me like David Hogg.  I have to ensure my own safety.  When is the DNC going to condemn her comments or are they ok with this harassment?
    We know why Bloomberg needs a security detail. And we know why David Hogg needs a security  detail.
    What is it you are so afraid of?
  • Options

Have you ever been on a First Nation reserve ... I have.  It's despicable that its how we treat our First Nations people.  I will say one thing about First Nations people ... most respect the environment that surrounds them.  Other that the housing and lack of clean water on some of the reserves, their properties are clean and they don't cut every last tree so they can have the perfect manicured yards that seem to be a common theme in the towns and cities occupied by Europeans thieves.
    I sympathize with first nations people as much as anyone, but seriously, I drive by many reserves on the way to my in law's cottage. they are usually big piles of trash everywhere you look. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

unsung said:

I have admittedly gone back and forth on this. while I don't necessarily agree it's the same in terms of ethics, refusing service to someone based on personal politics is considered discrimination. unless huckabee did something specific to this restaurant owner, it could be given a pass, but it appears she only ejected her because of her political affiliation. 

that being said,i think SHS is a vile piece of garbage. but she still should have been allowed to have a meal. 
    And now loonybin Maxine Waters has issued demands to step up the harassment.   Someone is going to get killed because of this.
    I have to say, I didn't see the video, but I saw the quotes, and I was unnerved by it. I don't think harassment is the right way to go at ALL. It needs to be respectful and peaceful. otherwise you just create an even bigger monster in your adversary. 
    Now I hope you can begin to understand my point.  I can't afford a private security guard like Michael Bloomberg and nobody is renting one for me like David Hogg.  I have to ensure my own safety.  When is the DNC going to condemn her comments or are they ok with this harassment?
    We know why Bloomberg needs a security detail. And we know why David Hogg needs a security  detail.
    Democrats.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,691
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

unsung said:

The “other.”
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:

Alex Jones
    Breitbart
    Focksnooze
    Infomax
    RT
    Richard Spencer
    Daily Stormer
    Kay, well now I think I've made it really clear (well, I did in the first place, but apparently you've chosen to ignore the obvious context in which I was speaking) that I'm talking about the anti-immigration policies happening right now, and modern immigrants coming into North America, and am not talking about immigration of the past that lead to atrocities committed against First Nations. I think this thread was intended for the former and not the latter. I actually think the issue of First Nations and what has been and is done to them is too big and important a topic to discuss in this particular thread - I think that deserves its own thread, where it's not all muddled by the completely different and unrelated situation that everyone else here is talking about.

I also do not really agree that immigrants contribute to the over population of our cities. There are exactly three cities in all of Canada where one might be able to make that argument, and there are some decent points to be made there. However, I think in reality those cities are not overpopulated at all for major cities. The problem is really that zoning laws and transportation systems in and around those three cities are archaic and don't accommodate a perfectly reasonable population size for cities of that stature.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:

Alex Jones
    Breitbart
    Focksnooze
    Infomax
    RT
    Richard Spencer
    Daily Stormer

Don't fucking put words in my mouth. I was simply asking what exactly you were saying. I didn't say "I feel good" about anything.
    This is stolen land in North America ... that's what I'm saying.  No immigrants do not contribute positively in my opinion.  They use up far to many resources, and in Canada most people DO NOT want inhabit a great part of this country because it is the second coldest country on earth, so the immigrants clog up and congest our cities even more.  

People need to acknowledge our First Nations people ... they should be able to live anywhere in North America tax free, hunt and fish (and barter their catch) anywhere in NA free from licences and limits.  
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    benjs said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    unsung said:

HFD - you have such a great way of presenting examples that make people think about what they wrote (and I mean this sincerely)!

In my opinion, yes, that should be legal. If we hate these behaviours, however, we should exert socioeconomic pressure to correct the social direction of the country, rather than expecting it to govern itself. This means that complacent moderates (including myself) need to wake the fuck up, and involve ourselves more in showing our nation what we're willing to tolerate or not, to create the future we want - otherwise, we risk bearing witness to the one we don't. Stop eating at that restaurant. Put flyers around town to showcase the bigotry the restaurant-owners are responsible for. 

All of this being said, I'm not 100% on this (nor am I on any topic). I just worry that we are refraining from being social warriors, claiming that the government will tell what is "right or wrong" - with full evidence that they can't discern between the two. Forcing our society to think for itself and showing the upside or downside potential of both might take that scapegoat away.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    People, laws against posting signs saying "whites only" were made for a reason, and I think it shows a shocking amount of ignorance of the fight for civil and human rights that happened during the Jim Crow years for people to actually again believe that laws against this kind of thing are not absolutely necessary. This is crazy talk, and I can barely believe I'm reading it here (from anyone other than unsung).
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:

Alex Jones
    Breitbart
    Focksnooze
    Infomax
    RT
    Richard Spencer
    Daily Stormer

This is stolen land in North America ... that's what I'm saying.  No immigrants do not contribute positively in my opinion.  They use up far to many resources, and in Canada most people DO NOT want inhabit a great part of this country because it is the second coldest country on earth, so the immigrants clog up and congest our cities even more.  

People need to acknowledge our First Nations people ... they should be able to live anywhere in North America tax free, hunt and fish (and barter their catch) anywhere in NA free from licences and limits.  
    Are you a descendant of First Nations people? If so, I could understand your anger. If not, I could still understand your anger, but when you say "immigrants clog up and congest our cities," aren't you one of them?

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    edited June 2018

I sympathize with first nations people as much as anyone, but seriously, I drive by many reserves on the way to my in law's cottage. they are usually big piles of trash everywhere you look. 
    Not the reserves I've been to in Ontario.  And so what if there is trash.  It's their land, yet the politicians  that descendant from European immigrants continue to dictate policy to our first nations people...maybe if Trudeau quit giving 100's of millions to every other country and gave that money tolour First Nations maybe then we can start to make things right...by the way I've been to enough cities to know that people who live in those cities are great a creating trash and littering, and 99.9% of those people are immigrants and descendants of immigrants and yet they come to someone else's land and disrepects this land and destroys it...
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:

Alex Jones
    Breitbart
    Focksnooze
    Infomax
    RT
    Richard Spencer
    Daily Stormer

Well this just means that you're a misinformed modern anti-immigrant kinda guy, just like my crotchety old parents (who is throwing in the unrelated First Nations issue as a red herring as far as I can tell). Yes, immigrants DO contribute positively to the economy and the work force. That's a fact, not an opinion.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    PJ_Soul said:
    People, laws against posting signs saying "whites only" were made for a reason, and I think it shows a shocking amount of ignorance of the fight for civil and human rights that happened during the Jim Crow years for people to actually again believe that laws against this kind of thing are not absolutely necessary. This is crazy talk, and I can barely believe I'm reading it here (from anyone other than unsung).
    My problem is there are two groups I have no faith in: citizens, and government. When governments make mandates, the citizens don't ever come to believe that the mandate was right, division and dissent grow, and you never actually change the psyche of the population. 

If the governments don't make the mandates, you're absolutely right - the people feel the ability to be outwardly discriminatory to whomever they'd like.

I guess I'm naive, but I'm hoping for a third option, where the government doesn't provide ethical guidelines (since we're living in a reality that clearly shows we shouldn't expect that), but rather society bears that responsibility. My theory is that without a 'legal' mandate, but rather a social one, it might lead to more buy-in from the population that these progressive goals are noble and necessary.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options

Not the reserves I've been to in Ontario.  And so what if there is trash.  It's their land, yet the politicians  that descendant from European immigrants continue to dictate policy to our first nations people...maybe if Trudeau quit giving 100's of millions to every other country and gave that money tolour First Nations maybe then we can start to make things right...by the way I've been to enough cities to know that people who live in those cities are great a creating trash and littering, and 99.9% of those people are immigrants and descendants of immigrants and yet they come to someone else's land and disrepects this land and destroys it...
    of course it is their land and can do so as they wish. I'm just countering your claim that "their properties are clean" and "they respect the environment". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,705
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    unsung said:

Utter nonsense.

The gay couple were being discriminated against because of something they were born with, similar to their gender or colour of their skin.

Sanders chooses to be a piece a shit.
    What’s the gay chromosome called?
    If you take a close look at the DNA Helix you will see that the gay chromosome  is nowhere near the ignorance chromosome.
    Lol you guys need to learn how to read.  I’m certainly not arguing being gay is a choice, I never said that.  I’m also not saying folks aren’t born gay.  The comment that being gay is like a person’s skin color or gender is false.  Both of those are chromosome/geneticly decided outcomes, gay/straight is not nor has there been anythibg discovered.  It’s all in the wording, but to compare skin color and gender to your sexual preference is outlandish.
    Did you bother to read the New Science thread that was posted right after you made your statement?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,705
    unsung said:
    benjs said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    unsung said:

Except in this country, we had a little thing called Jim Crow.  It's too bad people's racial beliefs aren't directly affiliated with laissez-faire capitalism, otherwise your suggestion might work.  But unfortunately, in the real world, laissez-faire capitalism fails because of the corruption of man.  This is the same reason why the Civil Rights Act was necessary, along with Brown v Board.  History is a better predictor of events than an economic philosophy.  
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:

Alex Jones
    Breitbart
    Focksnooze
    Infomax
    RT
    Richard Spencer
    Daily Stormer

Well this just means that you're a misinformed modern anti-immigrant kinda guy, just like my crotchety old parents (who is throwing in the unrelated First Nations issue as a red herring as far as I can tell). Yes, immigrants DO contribute positively to the economy and the work force. That's a fact, not an opinion.
    You are mis informed ... YOU and every European immigrant or descendent of an immigrant are stolen land ... and those politicians that descend from europeans will not make it right....so quit accusing people of SOMETHING they are not....
    Give Peas A Chance…