Options

Your opinion about Immigration.

Comments

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,652
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:
    Ah yeah.. So are you all happy that the president signed an order to keep families together while going through the process? Does Trump get kudos for that.
    Happy? Not how I would describe it I guess. It's unfortunate no matter what, but non-separation is better. As for your second question, no. You don't get credit for an issue you created. Forgiveness could be a possibility if there was ever any indication a mistake was made, but we all know that's never going to happen.

How about you, happy? Do you think he deserves kudos?

You've spent most of your time the last few posts just poking at the hornet nest for fun. Maybe a serious response this time?
    If you actually read what i've posted in the past you would've seen that I've already talked about my feelings towards the issues that are going on with immigration. this has been going on for years it didn't just start with this administration. It has been going on through all the administrations.  and like I said before they only let the immigrants into this country when they need them and that's a sad situation. I'm glad he made the change in policy. I do agree there has to be a vetting process to keep criminals, terrorists and traffickers from getting in. I hope that they're making sure all that are being detained are safe from any criminals that may be awaiting the process.
    It seems when it's getting close to election time, the party in office suddenly starts to change their immigration policies to get the votes for their party like the past administration for example. That doesn't make them a great president or senator or congressman, it just makes them a politician just like all before them. It's wrong to use these people as your political stepping stone. It's election time and the politicians are coming out in force to investigate the issue and "help" that's why all this is being brought up. They were seperating children from parents in the past administration. Once politicians get elected it'll back to the same. 
    Immigrants should be welcome in this country as long as they don't expect a free ride. Come here to work and spend your money here, not to get in and then collect benefits that aren't available to the people here. 
    Please enumerate the benefits that immigrants get that aren’t available to the people here.

Free healthcare, free housing, free food, cash assistance. I know you already know this but choose to act unaware.
    I missed this post earlier. You don't actually believe this do you?

Where did you learn this from?
    Alex Jones
    Breitbart
    Focksnooze
    Infomax
    RT
    Richard Spencer
    Daily Stormer
    Nope. It's by living in the real world not a bubble. 
    You hang out with Melania too? Let me guess, you handed her her coat straight out of the closet and as you opened it so she could slip her arms through, she said to you in her husky, thickly accented  
    Slovenian, immigrant voice, “darlink? I wish I could bring Bannon and leave him at camp but today I send a message to the fake press! Thaaank you, my darlink.” And then she pirouetted stage strutted away. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:
    Ah yeah.. So are you all happy that the president signed an order to keep families together while going through the process? Does Trump get kudos for that.
    Happy? Not how I would describe it I guess. It's unfortunate no matter what, but non-separation is better. As for your second question, no. You don't get credit for an issue you created. Forgiveness could be a possibility if there was ever any indication a mistake was made, but we all know that's never going to happen.

You've spent most of your time the last few posts just poking at the hornet nest for fun. Maybe a serious response this time?
    If you actually read what i've posted in the past you would've seen that I've already talked about my feelings towards the issues that are going on with immigration. this has been going on for years it didn't just start with this administration. It has been going on through all the administrations.  and like I said before they only let the immigrants into this country when they need them and that's a sad situation. I'm glad he made the change in policy. I do agree there has to be a vetting process to keep criminals, terrorists and traffickers from getting in. I hope that they're making sure all that are being detained are safe from any criminals that may be awaiting the process.
    It seems when it's getting close to election time, the party in office suddenly starts to change their immigration policies to get the votes for their party like the past administration for example. That doesn't make them a great president or senator or congressman, it just makes them a politician just like all before them. It's wrong to use these people as your political stepping stone. It's election time and the politicians are coming out in force to investigate the issue and "help" that's why all this is being brought up. They were seperating children from parents in the past administration. Once politicians get elected it'll back to the same. 
    Immigrants should be welcome in this country as long as they don't expect a free ride. Come here to work and spend your money here, not to get in and then collect benefits that aren't available to the people here. 
    Please enumerate the benefits that immigrants get that aren’t available to the people here.

Free healthcare, free housing, free food, cash assistance. I know you already know this but choose to act unaware.
    Damn commie pinkos!  What happened to the good old days when the only free thing people wanted was free sex?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    mcgruff10 said:
    This is my plan if my northern friends star trying to head south. 

Hey ... it's actually us that might need to worry about our souther border.  quite a few asylum seekers come through the US to Canada ... not the other way around ... LOL.  
    Whoa!  Time machine! We're back in 1969. 

Hold on, Nixon's about to give a speech on TV. 

Back in awhile.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:

Alex Jones
    Breitbart
    Focksnooze
    Infomax
    RT
    Richard Spencer
    Daily Stormer
    If you don't learn to come correct with evidence you will lose your seat at the adults' table.

Anybody here could prove you wrong easily, but nobody is going to bother because you aren't worth our time.  "Mean streets, man" is not an adult response when someone asks you to prove an outlandish old hillbilly talking point.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    The truth that you "already know but choose to act unaware" is that you don't have a clue how the process for "free stuff" works, who qualifies, and what they actually qualify for.

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,558
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:

Alex Jones
    Breitbart
    Focksnooze
    Infomax
    RT
    Richard Spencer
    Daily Stormer
    The real world inside your head? C’mon bro, you mad? You made a claim that immigrants get all kind of free “stuff” and when challenged, claim it’s “your reality.” Or living outside the bubble. Did you see them call ahead for their free food on their Obama phones?

Damn I forgot about when they had the Obama phones too. Please a
    IIIIIIIIIIII’mmmmm just waaaaiiiiiiiiting on a liiiiiiiiiiiiink.

You don't  need a link.
    Just watch any Sinclair TV station news report and you can get  all the truth you need.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,908
    mcgruff10 said:
    This is my plan if my northern friends star trying to head south. 

Canada goose attacks Bald Eagle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zICKR4eFz54

Canadian Geese can be nasty...and much braver than the eagle.  The geese just lay around the ponds and waterways all day, people walking by and if you are in their space they'll hiss at you and charge at you.  The eagle just flies away cowardly.  LOL.  The meme you posted, I believe the goose got away...
    And geese just crap EVERYWHERE!! Lol. The Canadian geese population is so overcrowded they actually sometimes gas them Here in New Jersey. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    Another day with no reunification policy in sight yet Mexicans are pouring in by the millions we are being infested by the brown people says orange idiot Baffoon I always thought he should have a middle name ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Another day with no reunification policy in sight yet Mexicans are pouring in by the millions we are being infested by the brown people says orange idiot Baffoon I always thought he should have a middle name ..
    His middle name is my first name... I'm not happy about it either lol
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:

Alex Jones
    Breitbart
    Focksnooze
    Infomax
    RT
    Richard Spencer
    Daily Stormer
    So you have no clue...

Liberals! Free stuff! Trump has a massive penis!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    my2hands said:
    Idiot fits him better lol 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,059
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:

Alex Jones
    Breitbart
    Focksnooze
    Infomax
    RT
    Richard Spencer
    Daily Stormer
    The real world inside your head? C’mon bro, you mad? You made a claim that immigrants get all kind of free “stuff” and when challenged, claim it’s “your reality.” Or living outside the bubble. Did you see them call ahead for their free food on their Obama phones?

You don't  need a link.
    Just watch any Sinclair TV station news report and you can get  all the truth you need.
    Here in NY we have something called section 8.  It is meant to help people with assisted living or help with rent for low income families.  

Who is elgible?  Taken from the website   https://www.hud.gov/topics/housing_choice_voucher_program_section_8

Eligibility for a housing voucher is determined by the PHA based on the total annual gross income and family size and is limited to US citizens and specified categories of non-citizens who have eligible immigration status. In general, the family's income may not exceed 50% of the median income for the county or metropolitan area in which the family chooses to live. By law, a PHA must provide 75 percent of its voucher to applicants whose incomes do not exceed 30 percent of the area median income. Median income levels are published by HUD and vary by location. The PHA serving your community can provide you with the income limits for your area and family size.

During the application process, the PHA will collect information on family income, assets, and family composition. The PHA will verify this information with other local agencies, your employer and bank, and will use the information to determine program eligibility and the amount of the housing assistance payment

If the PHA determines that your family is eligible, the PHA will put your name on a waiting list, unless it is able to assist you immediately. Once your name is reached on the waiting list, the PHA will contact you and issue to you a housing voucher.

Also what is this Sinclair TV you keep talking about?  I've actually never heard of it until I started participating in this thread.  I'll google it but I've never come across it.

• Options
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/21/us/undocumented-migrant-children-detention-facilities-abuse-invs/index.html

Still think nobody is being abused unsung? Of course they are, I think this is just the tip of the iceberg
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/21/us/undocumented-migrant-children-detention-facilities-abuse-invs/index.html

Still think nobody is being abused unsung? Of course they are, I think this is just the tip of the iceberg
    There is no way that this hasn't been going on for years, no way.

Why is this just being brought to light now?  Nobody knew of this before or news organizations just didn't give a shit?  The article clearly states that the incident of John Doe 2 happened over a year ago...

What I do hope that happens from this article is that places that are found to be abusing kids get shut down.  This is a hot topic now and all that is going bad/wrong with this needs to be brought out in the open and it needs to get fixed.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:

Alex Jones
    Breitbart
    Focksnooze
    Infomax
    RT
    Richard Spencer
    Daily Stormer

You don't  need a link.
    Here in NY we have something called section 8.  It is meant to help people with assisted living or help with rent for low income families.  

Who is elgible?  Taken from the website   https://www.hud.gov/topics/housing_choice_voucher_program_section_8

Eligibility for a housing voucher is determined by the PHA based on the total annual gross income and family size and is limited to US citizens and specified categories of non-citizens who have eligible immigration status. In general, the family's income may not exceed 50% of the median income for the county or metropolitan area in which the family chooses to live. By law, a PHA must provide 75 percent of its voucher to applicants whose incomes do not exceed 30 percent of the area median income. Median income levels are published by HUD and vary by location. The PHA serving your community can provide you with the income limits for your area and family size.

During the application process, the PHA will collect information on family income, assets, and family composition. The PHA will verify this information with other local agencies, your employer and bank, and will use the information to determine program eligibility and the amount of the housing assistance payment

If the PHA determines that your family is eligible, the PHA will put your name on a waiting list, unless it is able to assist you immediately. Once your name is reached on the waiting list, the PHA will contact you and issue to you a housing voucher.

Also what is this Sinclair TV you keep talking about?  I've actually never heard of it until I started participating in this thread.  I'll google it but I've never come across it.

Sinclair Broadcasting is a Texas based firm that owns after buying up local tv broadcast stations, owns a couple of hundred, I believe. They are conservative and dictate that all the stations run a segment called a minute with Boris or some shit and it’s ususlly some pro Trump fluff piece. They also require news anchors to read a script on a certain story. One of my local news station is infested by them and it’s horrible. They also have a Sunday news magazine style show that they run promos for. It’s all propaganda. I don’t watch my local news anymore because of it. Your local news isn’t your local news anymore.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    https://www.vox.com/2018/6/21/17488540/sinclair-tv-stations-family-separation-propaganda

http://sbgi.net/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_Broadcast_Group

The consolidation of media via buy outs and mergers has not turned out well for citizens who wish to be informed.
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    https://www.vox.com/2018/6/21/17488540/sinclair-tv-stations-family-separation-propaganda

http://sbgi.net/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_Broadcast_Group

The consolidation of media via buy outs and mergers has not turned out well for citizens who wish to be informed.
    I googled it.  No News stations in my area are owned by them so that was why the name didn't ring any bells.  Now I know.

Is there any difference as to what they are doing that Clear Channel did a few years back?  I remember them buying up everything too for a while.
  • Options
    So he doesn’t really know if his wife and daughter were separated? He “heard” from family members? Where? Texas? Did they get visitation? Maybe someone should go and see and report back? Oh yea, access is denied. Maybe Sarah Huckabee can fill us in? Something smells and it ain’t my feet.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    I’m a pouty, pouty, pouty, pouty boy! I thought Team Trump Treason was the great negotiator and was going to get us better, more beautiful immigration policies?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    edited June 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    That's crazy... maybe she's having her long overdue mental breakdown or something. That choice is just too bizarre for it to not mean something or other. Or, at the very least, perhaps this is a bold statement about her position as Trump's wife and how she feels about her being FLOTUS. I really think the smartest thing she could do at this point would be to bail completely. Just leave the WH altogether and go relax in Europe somewhere with her son until this is all over.
    It’s a dog whistle to the stay at home Faux & friends crowd. They get it. 
    Well I don't. I don't even know what you mean. Can you explain?
    Dog whistle = a subtle way to remind folks that you're with them, even if you're publicly doing or saying something contrary to the beliefs of your audience, by sending a signal that you're still supportive of the cause and you only have to do what you're doing or saying by going through the motions. Her jacket signaled that hey. "I don't care, really." And the center she visited was for unaccompianied minors, not those removed from their parents as they crossed, a difference many won't discern, as evidenced here on these boards.

Ronald Reagan gave his announcement speech for president at a county fair near Philadelphia, Mississippi, site of and the same county as the murder of the Freedom Riders, Schwerner, Chaney and Goodman. He gave a dog whistle to rural whites that he was their guy. His policies, after being elected, bore that out, with his attacks on social welfare that disproportionitly affected minorities. Similar to Team Trump Treason saying he loves the "blacks" but then hammers immigrants, Mexico for sending rapists, Haiti being a shithole country, etc., etc. Or, "theres good folks on both sides."
    I know what dog whistle means of course, but as for the rest of all that.... Honestly, I didn't get what you meant because I don't believe that Melania is that evil. You really think Melania would actually feel that way or send that kind of signal at all? I feel like she hates her husband's guts and wouldn't do anything to go out of her way to send such messages to his supporters, let alone send one that brash. I think that jacket had a more personal message to it, rather than a political one. But hey, maybe you're right. Maybe Melania is as big a piece of shit as her husband - if you're right, then she is. I never thought so, but hey, anything from that whole family is possible.
    i'd just say, how's her anti-bullying campaign going? While being married to the biggest bully ever? Its like that went away really quick, right? Do you really think she cares for these immigrant children? Coming form her life of privelege? Its not like her and Ivanka are down there mopping floors, making meals, changing diapers, reading stories and tucking them into bed. Its a photo op to give Team Trump Treason "heart."
    Well, that anti-bullying campaign never really materialized at all - weren't there just maybe 3 speeches, and that's it? And yeah, the ridiculousness of it, given who her husband is, was just so awkward, I'm surprised she even got that far. But I don't think that's because she's okay with online bullying or with her big gross bully of a husband. I think it's because she has absolutely no interest whatsoever in the duties normally taken up by a First Lady. Those few speeches was her pathetic attempt to at least dip her toe into the role (and to kind of stick it to her despised husband while she was at it), but she clearly decided she wasn't feeling it (and the stick it to him idea backfired miserably). Her lack of responsibility as the President's wife, though, isn't a clear signal to me that she's a horrible person. I've always felt like she's just a sad little gold digger who hates her husband, and who never wanted him to run for POTUS in the first place. I bet she was absolutely mortified when he actually won. I think she just wants to be a New York socialite, and that is the end of the story, and she's bitter that she can't just live that life like she planned when she married The Don. I have absolutely zero respect for her, but I never thought of her as evil like Trump.
    Do I really think she cares about those children? I doubt she cares as much as a lot of us do, as her life is very skewed inside her bizarre little bubble. But I didn't think cares so much less that she would be callous enough to actually wear a jacket that says she really doesn't care about them, lol. If that is indeed why she wore that thing, then.... Well, then I still think she's maybe having a mental breakdown anyhow, because that would be a pretty bat shit crazy thing to do anyway, no??? I didn't think she was going down there to mop floors or change diapers (why would she do that??), I assumed she was going down just because she probably felt like, for all of her complete inaction as FLOTUS, she at least felt obligated to suck it up this time specifically because it is such a big deal that involves a bad situation involving children, and she couldn't really get away with not showing some concern.... but if she wore that jacket for the reason you think, then that goes right out the window, lol. That's why I'm finding your theory hard to believe... I just made shit worse for her, so why would she do that??
    Because privately, when the cameras and microphones aren’t on, she’s anti-immigrant. She can’t express it like Team Trump Treason so she does what she can to let folks know that she’s still on their side. Either that or she’s dumb as a rock to be so tone deaf?                                                                                         
    Well, I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that she's racist.... But wearing a message in huge letters on her back seems a little less subtle than I would expect from her is all, lol!
    So now her publicist is actually claiming "It's a jacket. There is no hidden message." .... IS she really that dumb? Or is her publicist as shocked as we are and just saying what he or she has to?
    I honestly think she wore it cause she liked it, and was too tone deaf to realize how the left would interpret it. 

"wuz wrong wif jacket? it is nice jacket! very good fashion!"
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,124
    my2hands said:
    Idiot fits him better lol 
    How do you know that isn't it?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    That's crazy... maybe she's having her long overdue mental breakdown or something. That choice is just too bizarre for it to not mean something or other. Or, at the very least, perhaps this is a bold statement about her position as Trump's wife and how she feels about her being FLOTUS. I really think the smartest thing she could do at this point would be to bail completely. Just leave the WH altogether and go relax in Europe somewhere with her son until this is all over.
    Dog whistle = a subtle way to remind folks that you're with them, even if you're publicly doing or saying something contrary to the beliefs of your audience, by sending a signal that you're still supportive of the cause and you only have to do what you're doing or saying by going through the motions. Her jacket signaled that hey. "I don't care, really." And the center she visited was for unaccompianied minors, not those removed from their parents as they crossed, a difference many won't discern, as evidenced here on these boards.

Ronald Reagan gave his announcement speech for president at a county fair near Philadelphia, Mississippi, site of and the same county as the murder of the Freedom Riders, Schwerner, Chaney and Goodman. He gave a dog whistle to rural whites that he was their guy. His policies, after being elected, bore that out, with his attacks on social welfare that disproportionitly affected minorities. Similar to Team Trump Treason saying he loves the "blacks" but then hammers immigrants, Mexico for sending rapists, Haiti being a shithole country, etc., etc. Or, "theres good folks on both sides."
    I know what dog whistle means of course, but as for the rest of all that.... Honestly, I didn't get what you meant because I don't believe that Melania is that evil. You really think Melania would actually feel that way or send that kind of signal at all? I feel like she hates her husband's guts and wouldn't do anything to go out of her way to send such messages to his supporters, let alone send one that brash. I think that jacket had a more personal message to it, rather than a political one. But hey, maybe you're right. Maybe Melania is as big a piece of shit as her husband - if you're right, then she is. I never thought so, but hey, anything from that whole family is possible.
    i'd just say, how's her anti-bullying campaign going? While being married to the biggest bully ever? Its like that went away really quick, right? Do you really think she cares for these immigrant children? Coming form her life of privelege? Its not like her and Ivanka are down there mopping floors, making meals, changing diapers, reading stories and tucking them into bed. Its a photo op to give Team Trump Treason "heart."
    Well, that anti-bullying campaign never really materialized at all - weren't there just maybe 3 speeches, and that's it? And yeah, the ridiculousness of it, given who her husband is, was just so awkward, I'm surprised she even got that far. But I don't think that's because she's okay with online bullying or with her big gross bully of a husband. I think it's because she has absolutely no interest whatsoever in the duties normally taken up by a First Lady. Those few speeches was her pathetic attempt to at least dip her toe into the role (and to kind of stick it to her despised husband while she was at it), but she clearly decided she wasn't feeling it (and the stick it to him idea backfired miserably). Her lack of responsibility as the President's wife, though, isn't a clear signal to me that she's a horrible person. I've always felt like she's just a sad little gold digger who hates her husband, and who never wanted him to run for POTUS in the first place. I bet she was absolutely mortified when he actually won. I think she just wants to be a New York socialite, and that is the end of the story, and she's bitter that she can't just live that life like she planned when she married The Don. I have absolutely zero respect for her, but I never thought of her as evil like Trump.
    Do I really think she cares about those children? I doubt she cares as much as a lot of us do, as her life is very skewed inside her bizarre little bubble. But I didn't think cares so much less that she would be callous enough to actually wear a jacket that says she really doesn't care about them, lol. If that is indeed why she wore that thing, then.... Well, then I still think she's maybe having a mental breakdown anyhow, because that would be a pretty bat shit crazy thing to do anyway, no??? I didn't think she was going down there to mop floors or change diapers (why would she do that??), I assumed she was going down just because she probably felt like, for all of her complete inaction as FLOTUS, she at least felt obligated to suck it up this time specifically because it is such a big deal that involves a bad situation involving children, and she couldn't really get away with not showing some concern.... but if she wore that jacket for the reason you think, then that goes right out the window, lol. That's why I'm finding your theory hard to believe... I just made shit worse for her, so why would she do that??
    Because privately, when the cameras and microphones aren’t on, she’s anti-immigrant. She can’t express it like Team Trump Treason so she does what she can to let folks know that she’s still on their side. Either that or she’s dumb as a rock to be so tone deaf?                                                                                         
    Well, I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that she's racist.... But wearing a message in huge letters on her back seems a little less subtle than I would expect from her is all, lol!
    So now her publicist is actually claiming "It's a jacket. There is no hidden message." .... IS she really that dumb? Or is her publicist as shocked as we are and just saying what he or she has to?
    I honestly think she wore it cause she liked it, and was too tone deaf to realize how the left would interpret it. 

Except it was 85 degrees in DC yesterday and she was flying to Texas... green hip length long sleeve jacket with a hood on the first day of summer? It was no accident 
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

Except it was 85 degrees in DC yesterday and she was flying to Texas... green hip length long sleeve jacket with a hood on the first day of summer? It was no accident 
    I think people are giving her too much credit if they think she meant it as a hidden message. for someone like Melania, fashion is always more important than comfort. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,244
    So he doesn’t really know if his wife and daughter were separated? He “heard” from family members? Where? Texas? Did they get visitation? Maybe someone should go and see and report back? Oh yea, access is denied. Maybe Sarah Huckabee can fill us in? Something smells and it ain’t my feet.
    Please also note he said he was not in favor of his wife going to the US. He couldn’t understand why she’d put her daughter through this.  Sounds like the mom put her child in danger and knew it against the fathers wishes.  Who’s at fault here?
  • Options
    Please also note he said he was not in favor of his wife going to the US. He couldn’t understand why she’d put her daughter through this.  Sounds like the mom put her child in danger and knew it against the fathers wishes.  Who’s at fault here?
    obama
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    obama
    Hillary.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Does he own her? Who knows what’s going on in their relationship?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,079
    You for drawing conclusions about a relationship and people you know nothing about.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    obama
    Never heard of either of those.  I only know Obummer and Killary.