Options

Your opinion about Immigration.

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    tbergs said:
    Ah yeah.. So are you all happy that the president signed an order to keep families together while going through the process? Does Trump get kudos for that.
    Happy? Not how I would describe it I guess. It's unfortunate no matter what, but non-separation is better. As for your second question, no. You don't get credit for an issue you created. Forgiveness could be a possibility if there was ever any indication a mistake was made, but we all know that's never going to happen.

How about you, happy? Do you think he deserves kudos?

You've spent most of your time the last few posts just poking at the hornet nest for fun. Maybe a serious response this time?
    If you actually read what i've posted in the past you would've seen that I've already talked about my feelings towards the issues that are going on with immigration. this has been going on for years it didn't just start with this administration. It has been going on through all the administrations.  and like I said before they only let the immigrants into this country when they need them and that's a sad situation. I'm glad he made the change in policy. I do agree there has to be a vetting process to keep criminals, terrorists and traffickers from getting in. I hope that they're making sure all that are being detained are safe from any criminals that may be awaiting the process.
    It seems when it's getting close to election time, the party in office suddenly starts to change their immigration policies to get the votes for their party like the past administration for example. That doesn't make them a great president or senator or congressman, it just makes them a politician just like all before them. It's wrong to use these people as your political stepping stone. It's election time and the politicians are coming out in force to investigate the issue and "help" that's why all this is being brought up. They were seperating children from parents in the past administration. Once politicians get elected it'll back to the same. 
    Immigrants should be welcome in this country as long as they don't expect a free ride. Come here to work and spend your money here, not to get in and then collect benefits that aren't available to the people here. 
    Please enumerate the benefits that immigrants get that aren’t available to the people here.

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,605
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    That's crazy... maybe she's having her long overdue mental breakdown or something. That choice is just too bizarre for it to not mean something or other. Or, at the very least, perhaps this is a bold statement about her position as Trump's wife and how she feels about her being FLOTUS. I really think the smartest thing she could do at this point would be to bail completely. Just leave the WH altogether and go relax in Europe somewhere with her son until this is all over.
    It’s a dog whistle to the stay at home Faux & friends crowd. They get it. 
    Well I don't. I don't even know what you mean. Can you explain?
    Dog whistle = a subtle way to remind folks that you're with them, even if you're publicly doing or saying something contrary to the beliefs of your audience, by sending a signal that you're still supportive of the cause and you only have to do what you're doing or saying by going through the motions. Her jacket signaled that hey. "I don't care, really." And the center she visited was for unaccompianied minors, not those removed from their parents as they crossed, a difference many won't discern, as evidenced here on these boards.

Ronald Reagan gave his announcement speech for president at a county fair near Philadelphia, Mississippi, site of and the same county as the murder of the Freedom Riders, Schwerner, Chaney and Goodman. He gave a dog whistle to rural whites that he was their guy. His policies, after being elected, bore that out, with his attacks on social welfare that disproportionitly affected minorities. Similar to Team Trump Treason saying he loves the "blacks" but then hammers immigrants, Mexico for sending rapists, Haiti being a shithole country, etc., etc. Or, "theres good folks on both sides."
    I know what dog whistle means of course, but as for the rest of all that.... Honestly, I didn't get what you meant because I don't believe that Melania is that evil. You really think Melania would actually feel that way or send that kind of signal at all? I feel like she hates her husband's guts and wouldn't do anything to go out of her way to send such messages to his supporters, let alone send one that brash. I think that jacket had a more personal message to it, rather than a political one. But hey, maybe you're right. Maybe Melania is as big a piece of shit as her husband - if you're right, then she is. I never thought so, but hey, anything from that whole family is possible.
    i'd just say, how's her anti-bullying campaign going? While being married to the biggest bully ever? Its like that went away really quick, right? Do you really think she cares for these immigrant children? Coming form her life of privelege? Its not like her and Ivanka are down there mopping floors, making meals, changing diapers, reading stories and tucking them into bed. Its a photo op to give Team Trump Treason "heart."
    Well, that anti-bullying campaign never really materialized at all - weren't there just maybe 3 speeches, and that's it? And yeah, the ridiculousness of it, given who her husband is, was just so awkward, I'm surprised she even got that far. But I don't think that's because she's okay with online bullying or with her big gross bully of a husband. I think it's because she has absolutely no interest whatsoever in the duties normally taken up by a First Lady. Those few speeches was her pathetic attempt to at least dip her toe into the role (and to kind of stick it to her despised husband while she was at it), but she clearly decided she wasn't feeling it (and the stick it to him idea backfired miserably). Her lack of responsibility as the President's wife, though, isn't a clear signal to me that she's a horrible person. I've always felt like she's just a sad little gold digger who hates her husband, and who never wanted him to run for POTUS in the first place. I bet she was absolutely mortified when he actually won. I think she just wants to be a New York socialite, and that is the end of the story, and she's bitter that she can't just live that life like she planned when she married The Don. I have absolutely zero respect for her, but I never thought of her as evil like Trump.
    Do I really think she cares about those children? I doubt she cares as much as a lot of us do, as her life is very skewed inside her bizarre little bubble. But I didn't think cares so much less that she would be callous enough to actually wear a jacket that says she really doesn't care about them, lol. If that is indeed why she wore that thing, then.... Well, then I still think she's maybe having a mental breakdown anyhow, because that would be a pretty bat shit crazy thing to do anyway, no??? I didn't think she was going down there to mop floors or change diapers (why would she do that??), I assumed she was going down just because she probably felt like, for all of her complete inaction as FLOTUS, she at least felt obligated to suck it up this time specifically because it is such a big deal that involves a bad situation involving children, and she couldn't really get away with not showing some concern.... but if she wore that jacket for the reason you think, then that goes right out the window, lol. That's why I'm finding your theory hard to believe... I just made shit worse for her, so why would she do that??
    Because privately, when the cameras and microphones aren’t on, she’s anti-immigrant. She can’t express it like Team Trump Treason so she does what she can to let folks know that she’s still on their side. Either that or she’s dumb as a rock to be so tone deaf?                                                                                         
    Well, I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that she's racist.... But wearing a message in huge letters on her back seems a little less subtle than I would expect from her is all, lol!
    So now her publicist is actually claiming "It's a jacket. There is no hidden message." .... IS she really that dumb? Or is her publicist as shocked as we are and just saying what he or she has to?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    That jacket was no accident. 
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I feel so sorry for the decent Americans (so those who didn't vote Trump and don't still support him), having a POTUS who will only stop being as evil as he wants to be (Evil evil too, not the figurative kind) when the public and political backlash undeniably threatens his next campaign run PLUS when his own wife and daughter has to beg him to walk it back.

I feel more sorry for those that did vote for him and still support him. Talk about "they know not what they do."
    Wow, I think you're giving them way too much credit. I think they do what they do because they are simply stupid, racist and/or xenophobic and/or gun-toting and/or bible thumping hypocrites and/or greedy, selfish assholes.
    I think of all the things you listed, "stupid" is the most prevalent.  I think there were way more "Hey, he's a successful businessman!" voters than there were "Finally! Racism is back!" voters. Not saying there weren't those voters in the latter category, but not as many as just common, stupid people. But I could be wrong. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    my2hands said:

It's either this- which is shocking- or it's a case of her and everyone around her being so daft that they fail to see the obvious wardrobe blunder (which is possibly even more shocking).

I guess I'm saying that ultimately... she's either ruthless or an idiot.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    A ruthless idiot with visions of money dancing through her head.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    my2hands said:

It's either this- which is shocking- or it's a case of her and everyone around her being so daft that they fail to see the obvious wardrobe blunder (which is possibly even more shocking).

She wore the jacket from what I read as a response to the media about their biased views and fake news. It's kinda like when the nfl football players take a knee for their views and people take it as a sign of disrespect for our military men and women who have fought and died preserving our freedom. It's all in the way you want to read it. 
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:
    Ah yeah.. So are you all happy that the president signed an order to keep families together while going through the process? Does Trump get kudos for that.
    Happy? Not how I would describe it I guess. It's unfortunate no matter what, but non-separation is better. As for your second question, no. You don't get credit for an issue you created. Forgiveness could be a possibility if there was ever any indication a mistake was made, but we all know that's never going to happen.

You've spent most of your time the last few posts just poking at the hornet nest for fun. Maybe a serious response this time?
    If you actually read what i've posted in the past you would've seen that I've already talked about my feelings towards the issues that are going on with immigration. this has been going on for years it didn't just start with this administration. It has been going on through all the administrations.  and like I said before they only let the immigrants into this country when they need them and that's a sad situation. I'm glad he made the change in policy. I do agree there has to be a vetting process to keep criminals, terrorists and traffickers from getting in. I hope that they're making sure all that are being detained are safe from any criminals that may be awaiting the process.
    It seems when it's getting close to election time, the party in office suddenly starts to change their immigration policies to get the votes for their party like the past administration for example. That doesn't make them a great president or senator or congressman, it just makes them a politician just like all before them. It's wrong to use these people as your political stepping stone. It's election time and the politicians are coming out in force to investigate the issue and "help" that's why all this is being brought up. They were seperating children from parents in the past administration. Once politicians get elected it'll back to the same. 
    Immigrants should be welcome in this country as long as they don't expect a free ride. Come here to work and spend your money here, not to get in and then collect benefits that aren't available to the people here. 
    Please enumerate the benefits that immigrants get that aren’t available to the people here.

Free healthcare, free housing, free food, cash assistance. I know you already know this but choose to act unaware.
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    my2hands said:

She wore the jacket from what I read as a response to the media about their biased views and fake news. It's kinda like when the nfl football players take a knee for their views and people take it as a sign of disrespect for our military men and women who have fought and died preserving our freedom. It's all in the way you want to read it. 

Given what she was doing, there might have been a better time and place for it.

For the record, I've never thought kneeling during the anthem is a great thing and I'm on record saying so in the Kap thread. I'm not as left leaning or liberal as you think (not that there is anything wrong at all for leaning left or being a liberal). I lean right on several issues (look through the Death Penalty thread for further evidence to this).
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    So no plans to reunite them ha man this might be the worst incompetence case against any administration ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    my2hands said:

Oh, I see, this is similar to minority NFL players kneeling during the anthem due to decades of institutionalized racism. Melania is using this as a platform to fight for equal rights for the under privileged immigrants. Interesting comparison. Even though that's not the statement that was originally given about the stupid jacket. Seems like something an immature kid would do. Man, you must really like this Admin because you defend them non-stop.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,652
    my2hands said:

Link to what you read?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

rgambs said:
    tbergs said:

Free healthcare, free housing, free food, cash assistance. I know you already know this but choose to act unaware.
    Really? All that stuff for free? Who gives it to them? Cash assistance? And these things aren’t available to those already here? Really? Can you point me to a HHS or state agency that gives this stuff away for free? Maybe a website link from your state, city or gonvernmental agency? I’m trying not to act unaware but I need help here. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:

I missed this post earlier. You don't actually believe this do you?

Where did you learn this from?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,908
    edited June 2018
    This is my plan if my northern friends star trying to head south. 

Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    This is my plan if my northern friends starting trying to head south. 

I hate that stupid wall McDonald built. Note that it's not quite as high or sturdy as the one he's planning for Mexico (it was his practice wall), but you can still get slivers if you're not careful.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mcgruff10 said:

Hey ... it's actually us that might need to worry about our souther border.  quite a few asylum seekers come through the US to Canada ... not the other way around ... LOL.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mcgruff10 said:

Canada goose attacks Bald Eagle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zICKR4eFz54

Canadian Geese can be nasty...and much braver than the eagle.  The geese just lay around the ponds and waterways all day, people walking by and if you are in their space they'll hiss at you and charge at you.  The eagle just flies away cowardly.  LOL.  The meme you posted, I believe the goose got away...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Yup. He’s not controlling the media

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,559
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:

Alex Jones
    Breitbart
    Focksnooze
    Infomax
    RT
    Richard Spencer
    Daily Stormer
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:

Alex Jones
    Breitbart
    Focksnooze
    Infomax
    RT
    Richard Spencer
    Daily Stormer
    Nope. It's by living in the real world not a bubble. 
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:

Alex Jones
    Breitbart
    Focksnooze
    Infomax
    RT
    Richard Spencer
    Daily Stormer
    I’m still waiting on a link.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Interesting article refuting many of the claims made by today's anti-immigration Republicans.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/stephen-miller-great-grandfather-naturalization_us_5b2ba35ae4b0040e27403e42

One example, for all of those who claim their own predecessors "came here legally" - for the first 300 years of the country, all immigration was legal, because there were no laws governing immigration.

For those whose forebears came more recently, a surprising number of Republican politicians and mouthpieces actually have relatives who would be considered to have immigrated illegally, or to have "not assimilated" by continuing to speak their native tongue, or to have benefited from chain migration. Tomi Lahren's great great grandfather forged his immigration papers, Tucker Carlson's great grandfather left behind the "failing country" of Italy, and Steven Miller's great grandfather's initial immigration application was denied due to "ignorance". 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:

Alex Jones
    Breitbart
    Focksnooze
    Infomax
    RT
    Richard Spencer
    Daily Stormer
    So in other words a 'hunch'? I thought you said you were above such?

• Options
    Interesting article refuting many of the claims made by today's anti-immigration Republicans.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/stephen-miller-great-grandfather-naturalization_us_5b2ba35ae4b0040e27403e42

One example, for all of those who claim their own predecessors "came here legally" - for the first 300 years of the country, all immigration was legal, because there were no laws governing immigration.

For those whose forebears came more recently, a surprising number of Republican politicians and mouthpieces actually have relatives who would be considered to have immigrated illegally, or to have "not assimilated" by continuing to speak their native tongue, or to have benefited from chain migration. Tomi Lahren's great great grandfather forged his immigration papers, Tucker Carlson's great grandfather left behind the "failing country" of Italy, and Steven Miller's great grandfather's initial immigration application was denied due to "ignorance". 

Add to that that the 13 original colonies were populated by Britain’s worst. They didn’t send their “best.” They sent their criminals, squatters, debtors. All were offered “freedom” or the ability to work off their indentured servitude. The bulk were Britain’s outcasts. Team Trump Treason doesn’t even know his nation’s history.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:

Alex Jones
    Breitbart
    Focksnooze
    Infomax
    RT
    Richard Spencer
    Daily Stormer
    The real world inside your head? C’mon bro, you mad? You made a claim that immigrants get all kind of free “stuff” and when challenged, claim it’s “your reality.” Or living outside the bubble. Did you see them call ahead for their free food on their Obama phones?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:

Alex Jones
    Breitbart
    Focksnooze
    Infomax
    RT
    Richard Spencer
    Daily Stormer
    The real world inside your head? C’mon bro, you mad? You made a claim that immigrants get all kind of free “stuff” and when challenged, claim it’s “your reality.” Or living outside the bubble. Did you see them call ahead for their free food on their Obama phones?

Damn I forgot about when they had the Obama phones too. Please a
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:

Alex Jones
    Breitbart
    Focksnooze
    Infomax
    RT
    Richard Spencer
    Daily Stormer

Damn I forgot about when they had the Obama phones too. Please a
    IIIIIIIIIIII’mmmmm just waaaaiiiiiiiiting on a liiiiiiiiiiiiink.

Brilliantati©