Options

Your opinion about Immigration.

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,032
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,138
    Well that is not productive.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,556
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,138
    It is 100% true that this version of the GOP with Biden as president has no real interest in solving any problems.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,354
    It is 100% true that this version of the GOP with Biden as president has no real interest in solving any problems.  
    They haven’t had interest since the man in tan suit was in the WH! Remember McConnell number one mission? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,139
    .Halifax2TheMax said:
    Nothings being done except drawing up articles of impeachment for Mayjorkis (sp?).
    Well that's not true.  The buses from Texas keep coming here to NY so something is still being done.
    Which is pretty fucking inhumane, no? 

I would hope we can agree on that. 
    What if they want to be bussed here?  Does that change your mind?
    What if NY, MA, VT, DC, etc. bussed them to small towns in red states like SC, AL, MS, AR, OK, IA, TN, IN or dropped them off in small, rural towns in TX in the middle of the night with no advance warning? Or outside the gates of Mar-I-Lieo? Does that change your mind?
    Those small towns didn't declare themselves sanctuary cities did they?  This is a case of politicians and electorate reaping what they sow.  They said they welcome this...I think this strategy by Texas is showing the truth.  

Now I wish NYC and the sanctuary cities would admit their mistake AND that Texas would stop this process.  But it's easy to have a big mouth until the problem punches you in the face.
    Except the “problem punching them in the face,” “them” being sanctuary cities, are trying to address the issue as best they can and pleading for assistance from the federal government. The Brandon crime family has solutions and is willing to negotiate or bargain for specifics but repubs fail to negotiate. Meanwhile, Abbott & Costello and Deathsantis continue to exhibit their white Christian contempt for the other.

I have yet to see a city fall as hard as Seattle as a result though.

But yea, both sides, I get it. Dems need the votes.
    MA handled getting punched in the face quite well, really. Almost makes one proud to be an American. 

One incident.  We get 10 busses a day here in NY.  A day...
  • Options
    Nothings being done except drawing up articles of impeachment for Mayjorkis (sp?).
    Well that's not true.  The buses from Texas keep coming here to NY so something is still being done.

What if NY, MA, VT, DC, etc. bussed them to small towns in red states like SC, AL, MS, AR, OK, IA, TN, IN or dropped them off in small, rural towns in TX in the middle of the night with no advance warning? Or outside the gates of Mar-I-Lieo? Does that change your mind?
    Whataboutisms...

Answer my question first.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    GOP's new thing is to shut the border down completely?  That is new right?
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,883
    edited January 5
    .Halifax2TheMax said:

Those small towns didn't declare themselves sanctuary cities did they?  This is a case of politicians and electorate reaping what they sow.  They said they welcome this...I think this strategy by Texas is showing the truth.  

Now I wish NYC and the sanctuary cities would admit their mistake AND that Texas would stop this process.  But it's easy to have a big mouth until the problem punches you in the face.
    Except the “problem punching them in the face,” “them” being sanctuary cities, are trying to address the issue as best they can and pleading for assistance from the federal government. The Brandon crime family has solutions and is willing to negotiate or bargain for specifics but repubs fail to negotiate. Meanwhile, Abbott & Costello and Deathsantis continue to exhibit their white Christian contempt for the other.

MA handled getting punched in the face quite well, really. Almost makes one proud to be an American. 

Seems Nj is now shipping migrants to NY as well. Or should I say “redirecting” 
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • Options
    .Halifax2TheMax said:

nicknyr15 said:
    .Halifax2TheMax said:

No worries, Eric Adams is suing the bus companies, as he should. 
  • Options
    .Halifax2TheMax said:

nicknyr15 said:
    .Halifax2TheMax said:

He has asked that the city at least gets notification but they aren't getting that.

I'm curious to how suing the bus company can even be a thing?  That means that the prisons that drop off released inmates should/can get sued too?
  • Options
    .Halifax2TheMax said:

nicknyr15 said:
    .Halifax2TheMax said:

He has asked that the city at least gets notification but they aren't getting that.

I'm curious to how suing the bus company can even be a thing?  That means that the prisons that drop off released inmates should/can get sued too?
    I guess we'll find out. 
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,719

Whataboutisms...

How do you know if the migrants are asked where they want to go? I’m guessing they may or not be told where they’re going or being sent. Do you think they all say, “I want a bus to NYC, please?”

I think they go by luck of the draw where Abbott and Costello tells the bus company where to go. Just added cruelty.

Now, what about it Eric Adams just bussed them to podunk red state small towns or dropped Them off at huge evangelical churches on a Sunday in red states, so we could witness the Christian compassion so prevalent.
     Would that change your mind?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,354

Whataboutisms...

How do you know if the migrants are asked where they want to go? I’m guessing they may or not be told where they’re going or being sent. Do you think they all say, “I want a bus to NYC, please?”

I think they go by luck of the draw where Abbott and Costello tells the bus company where to go. Just added cruelty.

Now, what about it Eric Adams just bussed them to podunk red state small towns or dropped Them off at huge evangelical churches on a Sunday in red states, so we could witness the Christian compassion so prevalent.
    I know if I was on one of those buses and the asked me where I wanted to go I’d choose Disney world 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    lol

• Options

Whataboutisms...

I've posted and discussed this topic w you before.  Articles I've posted actually mention the migrants wanting to come here.  That is when Adams started his campaign to advocate them not to come to NYC and the flyers started to be passed out along the border a few months ago.

If Adams does that we can discuss it.  Nice take though.
  • Options
    Mexico demands from the US to help w the border fiasco...

In a press conference on Friday, López Obrador called on the U.S. to approve a plan that would deploy $20 billion to Latin American and Caribbean countries, suspend the U.S. blockade of Cuba, remove all sanctions against Venezuela and grant at least 10 million Hispanics living in the U.S. the right to remain and work legally.
  • Options
    It's the most important issue facing our country, but not so important that they're going to do anything about it this year. 

Do you feel like you're being played? You should, because you are. 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,551
    lol

For sure optics and political posturing is much better than helping solve a humanitarian crisis for people seeking refuge in our country. Nice to see that people's lives mean so much to her. 
  • Options

Whataboutisms...

I've posted and discussed this topic w you before.  Articles I've posted actually mention the migrants wanting to come here.  That is when Adams started his campaign to advocate them not to come to NYC and the flyers started to be passed out along the border a few months ago.

Do you think it’s a preconceived notion for the migrants to think of NYC as the “land of opportunity” or that perhaps they have family or friends who preceded them, and thus a support network in place? I’m not sure why you have difficulty, seemingly, understanding why migrants would want to land in NYC, Statue of Liberty notwithstanding? Seems Abbott and Costello is lashing out by shipping them to dem cities thinking he’s doing something about immigration and hoping those cities will fall. Like Seattle.

Did you ever find out how those migrants were able to procure scooters and cell phones?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    lol

For sure optics and political posturing is much better than helping solve a humanitarian crisis for people seeking refuge in our country. Nice to see that people's lives mean so much to her. 
    Spoiler: it's not just her. 

But in fairness, this is to be expected when an entire group of people are dehumanized. If only there was a historical precedent for this sort of thing. 
  • Options
    Unemployment in New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA Metropolitan Statistical Area was 4.2%, unadjusted, for November.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    It's the most important issue facing our country, but not so important that they're going to do anything about it this year. 

Who are u referring to?
  • Options
    edited January 9

Whataboutisms...

Do you think it’s a preconceived notion for the migrants to think of NYC as the “land of opportunity” or that perhaps they have family or friends who preceded them, and thus a support network in place? I’m not sure why you have difficulty, seemingly, understanding why migrants would want to land in NYC, Statue of Liberty notwithstanding? Seems Abbott and Costello is lashing out by shipping them to dem cities thinking he’s doing something about immigration and hoping those cities will fall. Like Seattle.

Did you ever find out how those migrants were able to procure scooters and cell phones?
    You argued for them being put on a bus before to come here now you are ok with it? Please choose a different topic, thanks.

And yes I did.
  • Options

Who are u referring to?
    Anyone who buys what the GOP is selling about the border. 
  • Options

Whataboutisms...

You argued for them being put on a bus before to come here now you are ok with it? Please choose a different topic, thanks.

And yes I did.
    And how do they procure cell phones and scooters?

I don’t have an issue with migrants. I have an issue with how the “richest and most powerful nation in world history” and a majority of its population considers and treats them, particularly with the way “Christian foundation” gets tossed around.  Boo!

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Whataboutisms...

And yes I did.

I don’t have an issue with migrants. I have an issue with how the “richest and most powerful nation in world history” and a majority of its population considers and treats them, particularly with the way “Christian foundation” gets tossed around.  Boo!
    They have an internal loan program.  They can purchase scooters with loans from others but can't get them registered, hence the police crackdown on unregistered scooters.

Same goes w the phones. To do deliveries the phones they are given will not allow them to download the app so they borrow someone's phone to make the deliveries.

Now I didn't ask if they were being sharked or not.  

My issue is that the influx is unsustainable.  We aren't designed to take, as a nation, the amount of people in such a short time.  
  • Options

Who are u referring to?
    You could shut the border down at this point and they would cry foul...
  • Options

Who are u referring to?
    You could shut the border down at this point and they would cry foul...
    Can the border be shut down? I’m asking because I don’t think you understand the ramifications, even if it could be accomplished.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Whataboutisms...

And yes I did.

They have an internal loan program.  They can purchase scooters with loans from others but can't get them registered, hence the police crackdown on unregistered scooters.

Same goes w the phones. To do deliveries the phones they are given will not allow them to download the app so they borrow someone's phone to make the deliveries.

Now I didn't ask if they were being sharked or not.  

My issue is that the influx is unsustainable.  We aren't designed to take, as a nation, the amount of people in such a short time.  
    What if repubs agreed and supported Brandon’s immigration funding request? Would the nation be able to handle it?

Brilliantati©