Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Your opinion about Immigration.

1135136137138139141»

Comments

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo FacePosts: 6,291
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    The buck stops at Joe.  What a mess…:
    https://www.businessinsider.com/photos-haitian-migrants-swimming-into-mexico-avoid-deported-us-authorities-2021-9

Whips, Sleepy Joe pushing to continue Trump’s “Title 42” expulsions…WTF!
    Whips being used on black people by federal customs authorities cannot be good for the approval ratings, so no wonder they are trying to keep the media away

US Customs and Border Patrol agents were photographed using whips to prevent Haitian migrants from joining the other Haitian migrants in Del Rio, Texas.

So I saw the video of this.  It's crowd control tactics to control a crowd.  No one was whipped.

I heard Kamala say she was appalled.

I'm actually confused on what the border patrol agents' job is anymore.
    Not to mention there were no whips to begin with.
    I get where they are coming from in saying "whips". That thing they are whipping/flailing around that directs the horse is what they are talking about.  I don't ride so I don't know what that is called.
    Aren’t they just the reins? That’s what it looks like to me. Everyone knows what a rein is, and I know nothing about riding horses. The wooden horse we got our 2 year old has a rein on it. Everyone knows the expression “rein it in.” I just don’t buy any journalist doesn’t know what a rein is and thought they were whips.Claiming they are whipping people gives an image that are riding around with actual whips, and , you know, using them on people. When in reality they were just reins and from all the video I saw, no one was actually whipped.
    Now some sources did say they were using reins as whips, but the first stories I saw the first day this broke said they were using whips. Including the link posted here.
    They are reins, but you can definitely “whip” someone with a rein.  In the image below, you can see how long the reins are and the aggressiveness of the person on horseback.  

Yes they could whip them but this shows the agent grabbing the person and not whipping them.  The video I have seen so far has the agents making a noise on their chaps.  It's a way to get attention from whom they are corralling.

These people have multiple to-go meals and sports drinks.  Where the hell did they get those from?  Were they stolen?  Is that why they are tracking these people down?

There just has to be way more to this than what has been reported.
    All possible, but the reports are that they were “herding them like cattle”.  There was most likely abuse that took place judging by the White House response.  It may not be as bad as some media portray it (as in almost everything), but its not a party I would want to be a part of.
  • PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    https://www.businessinsider.com/photos-haitian-migrants-swimming-into-mexico-avoid-deported-us-authorities-2021-9

Whips being used on black people by federal customs authorities cannot be good for the approval ratings, so no wonder they are trying to keep the media away

US Customs and Border Patrol agents were photographed using whips to prevent Haitian migrants from joining the other Haitian migrants in Del Rio, Texas.

So I saw the video of this.  It's crowd control tactics to control a crowd.  No one was whipped.

I get where they are coming from in saying "whips". That thing they are whipping/flailing around that directs the horse is what they are talking about.  I don't ride so I don't know what that is called.
    Aren’t they just the reins? That’s what it looks like to me. Everyone knows what a rein is, and I know nothing about riding horses. The wooden horse we got our 2 year old has a rein on it. Everyone knows the expression “rein it in.” I just don’t buy any journalist doesn’t know what a rein is and thought they were whips.Claiming they are whipping people gives an image that are riding around with actual whips, and , you know, using them on people. When in reality they were just reins and from all the video I saw, no one was actually whipped.
    Now some sources did say they were using reins as whips, but the first stories I saw the first day this broke said they were using whips. Including the link posted here.
    They are reins, but you can definitely “whip” someone with a rein.  In the image below, you can see how long the reins are and the aggressiveness of the person on horseback.  

Yes they could whip them but this shows the agent grabbing the person and not whipping them.  The video I have seen so far has the agents making a noise on their chaps.  It's a way to get attention from whom they are corralling.

These people have multiple to-go meals and sports drinks.  Where the hell did they get those from?  Were they stolen?  Is that why they are tracking these people down?

All possible, but the reports are that they were “herding them like cattle”.  There was most likely abuse that took place judging by the White House response.  It may not be as bad as some media portray it (as in almost everything), but its not a party I would want to be a part of.
    I look at it like this.  The agents are trying to have some sort of order.  There are way too many people down there that they can possibly control.  You'll have stragglers from the crowds and these are most likely them.  Just so everyone is aware when you que up for an entrance or merch you are also being herded like cattle...

Again I'll ask what are the agents job requirements again?  What would you have them do?

If we have affordable housing problems now, what is the amount of people coming in to do?  I feel horrible for them and their steep uphill battle.
  • static111static111 Posts: 2,681
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:

I look at it like this.  The agents are trying to have some sort of order.  There are way too many people down there that they can possibly control.  You'll have stragglers from the crowds and these are most likely them.  Just so everyone is aware when you que up for an entrance or merch you are also being herded like cattle...

Again I'll ask what are the agents job requirements again?  What would you have them do?

If we have affordable housing problems now, what is the amount of people coming in to do?  I feel horrible for them and their steep uphill battle.
    Off topic but affordable housing has nothing to do with folks like this and everything to do with private equity firms buying homes and apartment complexes at above market rate to inflate the value for their portfolios sometimes letting properties sit empty, as well as people buying homes that would otherwise be available to families and turning them into rentals or airbnbs. These poor folks won't move the needle on affordable housing.
  • static111 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:

Off topic but affordable housing has nothing to do with folks like this and everything to do with private equity firms buying homes and apartment complexes at above market rate to inflate the value for their portfolios sometimes letting properties sit empty, as well as people buying homes that would otherwise be available to families and turning them into rentals or airbnbs. These poor folks won't move the needle on affordable housing.
    Which is my point.  There isn't much to begin with so the influx of people will have it that much harder.
  • Buh, buh, buh See? Same-same. Anyone need a used car?

All migrants have been cleared from encampment in Del Rio, Tex., homeland security secretary says

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas announced Friday that all migrants have been cleared from the encampment in Del Rio, Tex.

“Less than one week ago, there were approximately 15,000 migrants in Del Rio, Texas, the great majority of whom were Haitian nationals,” Mayorkas told reporters Friday. “This was the result of an unprecedented movement of a very large number of people traveling to a single point of the border within a matter of a few days.As of this morning, there are no longer any migrants in the camp underneath the Del Rio International Bridge.”

Mayorkas said that about 2,000 migrants were expelled to Haiti on a total of 17 flights organized by the Department of Homeland Security.

Another 8,000 migrants “decided to return to Mexico voluntarily,” Mayorkas said. The remaining 5,000 are being processed by the Department of Homeland Security “to determine whether they will be expelled or placed in immigration removal proceedings,” he added.

All migrants have been cleared from encampment in Del Rio, Tex., homeland security secretary says - The Washington Post

09/15/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/29/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield, MA; 08/18/08, O2 London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA;

"If you're looking down on someone, it better be to extend them a hand to lift them up."

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 6,260
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:

Yes, you can whip someone with a rein. You can whip people with lots of things. But they didn’t. And they weren’t whips. Lots of false reporting on this story.