Options

Your opinion about Immigration.

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,997
    I’m not for breaking families apart either. But I saw this asked and didn’t see anyone answer. What would you suggest be done?
    Send the whole family back? Ignore the fact they broke immigration laws? Or something else?
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJPOWER said:
    hey i'm pissed about this issue i find no jokes are funny about kids in tent city's or old wearhouses so if i react with anger i apologize but this issue is not one i'm letting go and if the mods need to give me a timeout or ban me so be it , have a good weekend everyone ....
    What would you have done with them? If they had been turned around at the border, they would probably be out dead in a desert somewhere or sex trafficked by some cartel.
    not separated them from their parents for starters your acting like these kids are coming here alone damn dude , do me a favor don't respond to me ok or just stay away from this thread ..
    Again these kids are coming here with parents and are being separated it needs to stop like yesterday , just make them all go back together !
    I would be fine with them “just going back together” if that would be what actually happened.  I worry more about them being trafficked back and forth and dying in the back of a truck though.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    typical. create a problem, then attempt to fix it to look like the hero if it passes or the democrats looks like the evil ones when it doesn't because they packaged it with shit that cannot be accepted. 

this admin is fucking evil. 
    what would you deem "shit" in this bill?
    more wall bullshit. provisions that allow the government to detain kids for undefined amounts of time. merit based immigration. give us your tired, indeed. change that to "give us your skilled, your energetic, your middle class". 
    Is that quote from the canada's immigration webpage?
    haha. the canada. 

no, ours is "give us everyone you've got, just please leave your nailbombs at the door". 
    Isn’t it actually pretty difficult as an American to get into Canada?
    Ive never tried, but have friends and family who have and it definitely was not that easy from what I’ve heard.
    My brother in law needed a job lined up and a sponsor family to get a visa to go.

same as it is for america. I was just making a (thirty bills-inpired) joke about the refugees we take in. 
    I wouldn’t say same as America. We have so many laws and rules in place to help keep people here once they are here illegally. I don’t know any other country that does that.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,284
    Oh how about having signs giant signs stating in spanish that the consequences for trying to cross border illegally is that they will take your kids away or have a recording in spanish stating such policy is in place ! this is a good debate though it really shows people's true color and how they really feel about human compassion when it doen't pertain to them or their race ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I know the kids wanna be free to be outside doing what kids do having fun not being housed in empty old warehouses or tent city's ....
    Give them xboxes and they would just be living the normal life of kids in the USA...
    Way to minimize one of the most horrific things occurring in your nation today, and being perpetrated by your own government. Holy shit. With you here with that comment combined with the gems from rolemodels over on the porch about how Trump's desire to be a dictator is funny, i almost makes a person want to just give up in disgust. Almost.
    I thought it was funny.

now - in the grand scheme of things this weird outrage over these kids spending 80% of their time indoors is kinda strange to me and missing the entire point that they shouldn’t be there to begin with...unless their families are there too during this process.
    Some people are foaming at the mouth to demonize others...oh well, on with life.
    I'm not sure who is foaming at the mouth, but if they are, then there's never really been a more justified time for it. I'm starting to get from your posts that you don't give a flying fuck about your government treating humans, including children, a lot like Jews were treated in Nazi Germany before they started exterminating them (no, I'm not suggesting they are going to start exterminating these kids), but I am surprised you at least don't understand why this bothers other people enough for it to really upset them. And you don't seem to think that a government that puts little innocent children in a human warehouse after ripping them away from their families is a good reason for "demonizing" said government - people need to call it when they see it. I just can't work out if you're burying your head in the sand and are in denial, or if  you just don't mind what's going on in the real world.
    What an exceptional display of projecting, hats off to you.  What do you suggest the US do with them other than provide free shelter, food, water?  I hate to see families split as well, but anyone that does not follow the rules/laws of society risk the same thing.  Would you prefer the US just turn them around at the border to die in the desert?  
    I don't even know what you mean by that. Do you not know what projecting means, or are you saying that I'm in denial about something?

I suggest they don't take the children away from the parents and warehouse them. Yeah, I know, crazy, right?
    Yes, I would prefer that the US turn them around. It's pretty weird that you think the only option is for these people to wander off into the desert and die. It's like you think they're actual animals or something.
    If all that's behind them is a wasteland (which they managed to get through to reach the border, go figure, I guess they're not that useless after all), authorities could take them somewhere they can cross back safely. That would be way cheaper than what they're doing now, and wouldn't be one massive human rights violation.

Bus tickets to Canada would also be a lot cheaper and not a massive human rights violation.  

what is with this idiotic "bus/train to Canada" nonsense you keep posting? should we bus/train all the syrian refugees to america too?
    Nope, we are obviously at capacity, haven’t you been paying attention?

Oooohh, so you're one of those "America if full" meme guys, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I know the kids wanna be free to be outside doing what kids do having fun not being housed in empty old warehouses or tent city's ....
    Give them xboxes and they would just be living the normal life of kids in the USA...
    Way to minimize one of the most horrific things occurring in your nation today, and being perpetrated by your own government. Holy shit. With you here with that comment combined with the gems from rolemodels over on the porch about how Trump's desire to be a dictator is funny, i almost makes a person want to just give up in disgust. Almost.
    I thought it was funny.

now - in the grand scheme of things this weird outrage over these kids spending 80% of their time indoors is kinda strange to me and missing the entire point that they shouldn’t be there to begin with...unless their families are there too during this process.
    Some people are foaming at the mouth to demonize others...oh well, on with life.
    I'm not sure who is foaming at the mouth, but if they are, then there's never really been a more justified time for it. I'm starting to get from your posts that you don't give a flying fuck about your government treating humans, including children, a lot like Jews were treated in Nazi Germany before they started exterminating them (no, I'm not suggesting they are going to start exterminating these kids), but I am surprised you at least don't understand why this bothers other people enough for it to really upset them. And you don't seem to think that a government that puts little innocent children in a human warehouse after ripping them away from their families is a good reason for "demonizing" said government - people need to call it when they see it. I just can't work out if you're burying your head in the sand and are in denial, or if  you just don't mind what's going on in the real world.
    What an exceptional display of projecting, hats off to you.  What do you suggest the US do with them other than provide free shelter, food, water?  I hate to see families split as well, but anyone that does not follow the rules/laws of society risk the same thing.  Would you prefer the US just turn them around at the border to die in the desert?  
    I don't even know what you mean by that. Do you not know what projecting means, or are you saying that I'm in denial about something?

I suggest they don't take the children away from the parents and warehouse them. Yeah, I know, crazy, right?
    Yes, I would prefer that the US turn them around. It's pretty weird that you think the only option is for these people to wander off into the desert and die. It's like you think they're actual animals or something.
    If all that's behind them is a wasteland (which they managed to get through to reach the border, go figure, I guess they're not that useless after all), authorities could take them somewhere they can cross back safely. That would be way cheaper than what they're doing now, and wouldn't be one massive human rights violation.

Bus tickets to Canada would also be a lot cheaper and not a massive human rights violation.  

:lol: Nice attempt at a come back I guess, but how would bus tickets to Canada be cheaper than bus tickets to the closest safe border crossing on the border they're already at?
    Sounds great, but why did they not choose that route to begin with???

• Options
    edited June 2018
    mace1229 said:
    I’m not for breaking families apart either. But I saw this asked and didn’t see anyone answer. What would you suggest be done?
    Send the whole family back? Ignore the fact they broke immigration laws? Or something else?
    I answered on the previous page.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I thought it was funny.

what is with this idiotic "bus/train to Canada" nonsense you keep posting? should we bus/train all the syrian refugees to america too?
    Nope, we are obviously at capacity, haven’t you been paying attention?

Oooohh, so you're one of those "America if full" meme guys, lol.
    I’m not even sure what meme you are referring to, but it sounds like you are a lot more up to date on them than me.  

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    There were 66 new posts since I last checked about 2 hours ago. I could have easily missed it :)
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    yep just send them back as a family they broke the law fine but to split them apart is assnine and illegal ....just try to put yourself in these kids shoes for a second they are all alone with strangers all around them no one they can cry onto i'm talking young kids 3 4 yrs old and younger hell even at 10 kids need to be consoled , like i said i'm glad i'm learning everyone's tru colors here ....
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    yep just send them back as a family they broke the law fine but to split them apart is assnine and illegal ....just try to put yourself in these kids shoes for a second they are all alone with strangers all around them no one they can cry onto i'm talking young kids 3 4 yrs old and younger hell even at 10 kids need to be consoled , like i said i'm glad i'm learning everyone's tru colors here ....
    I agree. I don’t think separating them is good either. I just asked what should be done.
    Everyone knows our immigration is a joke, and if you get caught today just try again tomorrow. So something needs to be done. I just don’t know what the answer is.
    i think it should definitely be more strict for repeat offenders. Catch and release the first time I get, but those repeat offenders I’m not sure what to do.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    There were 66 new posts since I last checked about 2 hours ago. I could have easily missed it :)
      .... I am experiencing a period of downtime at work. :lol:
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    typical. create a problem, then attempt to fix it to look like the hero if it passes or the democrats looks like the evil ones when it doesn't because they packaged it with shit that cannot be accepted. 

this admin is fucking evil. 
    what would you deem "shit" in this bill?
    more wall bullshit. provisions that allow the government to detain kids for undefined amounts of time. merit based immigration. give us your tired, indeed. change that to "give us your skilled, your energetic, your middle class". 
    Is that quote from the canada's immigration webpage?
    haha. the canada. 

no, ours is "give us everyone you've got, just please leave your nailbombs at the door". 
    Isn’t it actually pretty difficult as an American to get into Canada?
    Ive never tried, but have friends and family who have and it definitely was not that easy from what I’ve heard.
    My brother in law needed a job lined up and a sponsor family to get a visa to go.

And vice versa.

I looked at the idea of moving to Hawaii. The teacher shortage there inspired me, but I discovered things were far from easy and was kind of discouraged (other items like health care and the country's love of guns were deterrents as well).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    OnWis97 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    You forgot to make a Tide Pods joke.
    Damn, I knew I left something out.  
    I gotta say dude, I find the way this is going down to be appalling, and find your indifference to it equally so. this is not faux outrage. this is children in fucking prison by the government of the US. with the president blaming the party not in power for it, all the while cozying up to a murderous dictator. the time for outrage, if it wasn't before, is now. 
    I'm not sure I'd call it prison.  And the parents certainly share some of the blame in this as they are the ones that broke the law.  However, I think we need a catch and release policy at the border....just turn the whole family away.  Of course most will try again...can you just continue to catch and release?  Obviously this isn't the solution, but there aren't a lot of good answers when you've let something go unchecked for decades.  This is a complex problem that needs lots of different solutions to overhaul.  But we should start by not separating families.  It's just not right and in the long run is likely to generate enemies of the US and hurt our security.
    If it was your kid, you'd call it prison.
    You're right though - It's just not right and can lead to nothing good for America.
    Except of course I didn’t break the law trying to illegally enter another country. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,844
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    OnWis97 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I gotta say dude, I find the way this is going down to be appalling, and find your indifference to it equally so. this is not faux outrage. this is children in fucking prison by the government of the US. with the president blaming the party not in power for it, all the while cozying up to a murderous dictator. the time for outrage, if it wasn't before, is now. 
    I'm not sure I'd call it prison.  And the parents certainly share some of the blame in this as they are the ones that broke the law.  However, I think we need a catch and release policy at the border....just turn the whole family away.  Of course most will try again...can you just continue to catch and release?  Obviously this isn't the solution, but there aren't a lot of good answers when you've let something go unchecked for decades.  This is a complex problem that needs lots of different solutions to overhaul.  But we should start by not separating families.  It's just not right and in the long run is likely to generate enemies of the US and hurt our security.
    You're right though - It's just not right and can lead to nothing good for America.
    Except of course I didn’t break the law trying to illegally enter another country. 
    Correct.  Illegal is illegal. I have zero problem with legal immigration.  Come one come all! Lol

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mace1229 said:
    Same as what we do here in Canada.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    OnWis97 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Correct.  Illegal is illegal. I have zero problem with legal immigration.  Come one come all! Lol

So because illegal is illegal it’s ok to separate kids from parents ? Am I correct in thinking 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    OnWis97 said:
    PJPOWER said:

So because illegal is illegal it’s ok to separate kids from parents ? Am I correct in thinking 
    I ve said multiple times that I don’t agree with that policy. 

• Options
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:

In fairness to the US... the degree of difficulty they face dealing with immigration is much greater than that we face. With our oceans and the US buffering us from everyone... it's kind of easy for us to sit back and talk of how countries should be better.

That being said... stripping children from their parents is barbaric.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    Totally off topic but your comment reminds me of the fact that another forum I post on has it set up so that posts within a thread are numbered.  In other words, if I wanted to direct you to the post about someone asking me to tab Neil Young's song "Over and Over" I could tell you to go to AET, "First song you heard when you woke up this morning?" thread, post number such-and such. 

KAT, mods, what do you think about numbering posts? 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    This has to be the most useless thread on the board.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:

In fairness to the US... the degree of difficulty they face dealing with immigration is much greater than that we face. With our oceans and the US buffering us from everyone... it's kind of easy for us to sit back and talk of how countries should be better.

That being said... stripping children from their parents is barbaric.
    If they can spend billions on their military then in my opinion they should be able to treat immigrants like human beings. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,228
    I mean really, aren't they all? It's just internet banter and no action among the same dozen posters in every thread with an occasional guest appearance. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    tbergs said:
    I mean really, aren't they all? It's just internet banter and no action among the same dozen posters in every thread with an occasional guest appearance. 
    You mean nobody has changed anybodies mind here?  What?  You mean I've wasted all this time?  NOOO! 

And yet we all keep coming back for more.  Masochists!  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,228
    brianlux said:
    tbergs said:
    You mean nobody has changed anybodies mind here?  What?  You mean I've wasted all this time?  NOOO! 

Well, I think we're getting really close to convincing Mcgruff that Riot Act is a masterpiece and You Are is pure gold. I think Thirty is also reconsidering whether Trump supporters have 2 teeth instead of 1. :)
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    And Trumpeters are almost convinced that the current regime is the political low point for our country.
    Condition Critical, indeed.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    brianlux said:
    tbergs said:

Well, I think we're getting really close to convincing Mcgruff that Riot Act is a masterpiece and You Are is pure gold. I think Thirty is also reconsidering whether Trump supporters have 2 teeth instead of 1. :)
    Never!!!
  • Options
    Good morning my thoughts are with the kids and not anyone’s opinion of the situation , if you find this thread to be useless that’s ok I’ll be here to remind everyone that America is now storing children in tent city’s in Texas outdoors in the heat of the day !!
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    OnWis97 said:
    PJPOWER said:

I ve said multiple times that I don’t agree with that policy. 

And this is why we have the politicians we do and no one can ever discuss the tough topics. As soon as you start pointing out the gray...they try to put you in a box.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    OnWis97 said:
    PJPOWER said:

Absolutely. 

Actions have consequences.