I'm Begging you...Put DOWN your cameras

124»

Comments

• ok, I put my camera down AFTER I took pics at Hartford.
    Everything has chains, absolutely nothing's changed...
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,955
    And leave your license plates in the parking lot. Waving two of them over your head every 5 seconds is ridiculously inconsiderate to the people around you.

Seriously... who brings license plates to a concert?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    It's funny. Someone posted a YouTube of Love Reign...
    and I'll bet is was shit. everytime (well, almost everytime) I open a youtube link, I am soon after wondering why I bothered. if it's not bad audio, it's bad video and most of the time, it's both.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    I love taking pictures at shows but there is a fine line between taking a handful and pissing people off around you. I don't let it get to the point of pissing someone off. I'm also extremely annoyed by people texting throughout the show and calling people to hold the phone up...and yes that includes tweeters and setlist relayers. Put the damn phone down and enjoy the show.
  • WM31482WM31482 Posts: 563
    benjs wrote:
    I've got to say, if I ever win the lottery, it will be nearly impossible for me to put my camera down. My absolute favourite thing to do at concerts is shoot. Being at Radiohead at the barrier was a dream come true, and I got some spectacular shots (obviously just my opinion, PM me if you want a link).

Before you knock people who constantly take pictures, know that to be able to photograph my favourite band from that close would be a dream come true for me, and I'm sure many other concert photography enthusiasts. Every single tour, for every show I go to, I contact the Ten Club regarding obtaining a photography pass, and am redirected to their management company, who tell me they will not issue me a pass - but I still try.

All of this said, if someone behind me tapped me on the shoulder, and asked respectfully if I would refrain from shooting, I'd gladly put my camera down, and only pick it up at a few opportune moments thereafter!

did you happen to take any at all points west??
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,099
    WM31482 wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    I've got to say, if I ever win the lottery, it will be nearly impossible for me to put my camera down. My absolute favourite thing to do at concerts is shoot. Being at Radiohead at the barrier was a dream come true, and I got some spectacular shots (obviously just my opinion, PM me if you want a link).

Before you knock people who constantly take pictures, know that to be able to photograph my favourite band from that close would be a dream come true for me, and I'm sure many other concert photography enthusiasts. Every single tour, for every show I go to, I contact the Ten Club regarding obtaining a photography pass, and am redirected to their management company, who tell me they will not issue me a pass - but I still try.

All of this said, if someone behind me tapped me on the shoulder, and asked respectfully if I would refrain from shooting, I'd gladly put my camera down, and only pick it up at a few opportune moments thereafter!

did you happen to take any at all points west??
    Nope, sorry, just their Toronto show.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • PLEASE EVERYONE STOP YOUR BITCHIN AND MOANIN !!!
    PEOPLE ARE JUST LOOKING FOR MEMORIES !
  • WM31482WM31482 Posts: 563
    PLEASE EVERYONE STOP YOUR BITCHIN AND MOANIN !!!
    PEOPLE ARE JUST LOOKING FOR MEMORIES !

oh were not bitching right now, sorry... probably shouldn't have revived this thread looking back...
    i was just telling benjys that i wouldnt mind seeing those radiohead pictures i loved those lights lol
  • bravo, bravo. If you somehow get a real camera in, with a good zoom, more power to ya. But when you take pictures with your cell phone, or video, the quality blows. So just enjoy the show