I'm Begging you...Put DOWN your cameras

Comments

• iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I'm surprised no one complained I got on my seat, I think 3x last night and took pics.

I apologize, pearl jam bring out the animal in me.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,099
    I'm not gonna stop ya from singing along to every song even if your voice is horrendous. Enjoy the show whatever way you feel like.
    You COULDN'T stop me from singing along to every song. And my voice IS horrendous :lol:
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • benjs wrote:
    I'm not gonna stop ya from singing along to every song even if your voice is horrendous. Enjoy the show whatever way you feel like.
    You COULDN'T stop me from singing along to every song. And my voice IS horrendous :lol:
    hahahaaa my voice is horrendous too and I'm gonna sing my ass off, enjoy the show!!! :D
    Everything has chains, absolutely nothing's changed...
  • sharptoesharptoe Posts: 91
    I have been taking pictures at concerts for over 10 years. I have paid $85 for a ticket and PJ allows me to use a non professional camera without my flash in the first 20 rows.

Some people love to get drunk, spill beers, singalong loudly, hoot and hollar, yell out song names, pee in cups and kick them over, smoke things, text during songs, fist pump, high five, talk loudly, and take pictures, hold up signs, throws shoes and tshirts....but I rarely complain. This is all part of the body and energy of being at a rock show! Taking pics is part of MY enjoyment of the show.

I never use my flash....EVER!
    I am tall enough where I do not need to hold the camera over my head either.
    If I was ever annoying somone with a camera.....I would hope that they would say something to me.

If someone is taking too many pics, ask them to chill out for a while.

Just my two cents....

::charges batteries for Hartford::
    Maybe so, Maybe not!
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    Get_Right wrote:
    I 1000000000% agree

its so annoying to see them and especially if someone close to you has it on constantly

the iphones are the worst-screen is so bright

hahahaha i know this is a big pet peeve of yours!!!!!! and I happen to have an iPhone :twisted: heh heh
    sharptoe wrote:
    I have been taking pictures at concerts for over 10 years. I have paid $85 for a ticket and PJ allows me to use a non professional camera without my flash in the first 20 rows.

Some people love to get drunk, spill beers, singalong loudly, hoot and hollar, yell out song names, pee in cups and kick them over, smoke things, text during songs, fist pump, high five, talk loudly, and take pictures, hold up signs, throws shoes and tshirts....but I rarely complain. This is all part of the body and energy of being at a rock show! Taking pics is part of MY enjoyment of the show.

If I was ever annoying somone with a camera.....I would hope that they would say something to me.

Just my two cents....

Glad to hear you don't use flash... I still can't figure out the logic people use when utilizing a flash - you think you're going to illuminate the band better from 100 feet away!?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • pjrusspjruss Posts: 494
    I wanted to take a few pics at the KC show last week, but after getting GREAT pics of the girl 2 rows in front of me's viewfinder (her timing was impeccable :roll: ), I didn't even bother. With floor seats, unless you're right near the front, it's tough. On the wings, much easier, as many have previously noted.
  • sharptoesharptoe Posts: 91
    edited May 2010
    ignore this is message
    Post edited by sharptoe on
    Maybe so, Maybe not!
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    pics just all end up looking the same anyway...why bother. just enjoy the show.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • i dont know why people get pissed about this.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,816

hahahaha i know this is a big pet peeve of yours!!!!!! and I happen to have an iPhone :twisted: heh heh

LOOKOUT :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:
  • release00release00 Posts: 347
    For me its not even if the camera is blocking my view, I just dont really understand why you would want to watch the concert thru your camera screen yet some people do. Rock out, its a f'n Pearl Jam concert! To each his/her own though.
    "So much it dont show"
    release00 wrote:
    For me its not even if the camera is blocking my view, I just dont really understand why you would want to watch the concert thru your camera screen yet some people do. Rock out, its a f'n Pearl Jam concert! To each his/her own though.
    Just like attending concerts is a hobby for many, so is photographing these concerts for others - myself included. There's nothing I'd rather do than have a great opportunity to shoot an awesome show!

EV
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I always appericate the videos on You Tube, sometimes the next morning there already posted. i love that!!!
    the memories still fresh in your mind and now you can see it in HD from someguy in row 10. Outstanding!!!
  • Cradles Broken GlassCradles Broken Glass Posts: 1,409
    edited May 2010
    sharptoe wrote:

Just my two cents....

Amen! Like I said before, it's more about being considerate of others. All the things you named get on my nerves way worse than cameras. People can stop with the cameras, but there will always be some annoying drunk stumbling over you and spilling their beer on you while you are trying to enjoy the concert. My suggestion is to ask the person in a nice way to chill out if they are truly disturbing your view and concert experience, they might be so caught up in the show that they honestly don't realize they are disturbing those behind them (if they don't oblige you, maybe you should tell security they are obstructing your view and let the venues security handle it). I also agreed with the person who stated that it would be annoying to watch a concert through the camera lens, but for whatever reason they have in wanting to do this, let them do it, as long as it's not obstructing your view. However, I would like to highly suggest that people stop their gripping on this unless you want the policy changed. When that happens, all the other things that get on our nerves will still be there, except we won't be able to take a couple of pictures for our own keepsakes. (Also, this is only an issue for floor seating or GA, usually if your in plaza your already a step below and above other people.)
    Post edited by Cradles Broken Glass on
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Ok, take a few pictures....get a quick video if you must, but keeping your cell phones or cameras up and going for 90 % of the show is just rude and annoying to those behind you. Especially if there are two or more of you together. I'M 5'4 and watching my concert in your viewfinder just sucks.
    Inconsiderate people reallllly piss me off.
    I Agree!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Pretty sure the majority of folks at the show are NOT psychics. They can't know it is bothersome to others unless you let them know politely.

These threads make me think of www.passiveaggressivenotes.com. :lol:
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    OK, let me explain a little more.

I like taking pictures. I take pictures at shows too. I should have been more specific in saying that some people....where holding their cameras up over their head and obstructing the view of the people behind them THE WHOLE SHOW. Maybe taking a break for a few songs.
    No, I didn't say anything because they paid their money and they have a right to take pictures and video all they want. Just like we can all talk and sing and dance. Yes, pictures come out great and yes everyone loves to watch clips online....I get it. I'm in no way saying not to take pictures.

My original post says to put your camera down.... I guess I should have added to eye level so your not blocking peoples views the whole time. It's common courtesy. That is all. Would you want to be behind that guy. What if you wanted to take a picture? Well, if you did and you were in my seat, you couldn't. As a matter of fact, I took a picture of the screen, behind me. :)
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    I'm guilty of this. I don't usually have my camera over my head though. Usually my camera is right in fron of me, not blocking anyone.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • pearljim10pearljim10 Posts: 404
    wow i thought this thread would have been locked already.

i'm gonna bring a camera to msg and will try to keep it in front of me and not up in the air. i can't see the focus or what i'm shooting anyway when its over my head so its a win win for everyone.
    The plural of VINYL is VINYL. slh

1996 - Randalls Island 9/28 9/29, Buffalo 10/1
    1998 - Camden 8/28 8/29, East Rutherford 9/8, MSG 9/10, Hartford 9/13
    2000 - Letterman 4/12, Jones Beach 8/23 8/24 8/25, Saratoga Springs 8/27
    2003 - Long Island 4/30, Phoenix 6/7, MSG 7/8 7/9
    2006 - San Diego 7/7
    2009 - Philly IV 10/31
    2010 - MSG 5/20 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 Movie 9/23
    2012 - EV Phoenix 4/13
    2013 - Phoenix 11/19
    2016 - Telluride 7/10
    2018 - Boston/Fenway 9/4
    2019 - EV Tempe Innings Festival 3/3
  • grizahamgrizaham Posts: 338
    I took a pic of the band from the upper deck in columbus and was immediately reprimanded by security! Couldn't beleive it.. For this reason when i snap vids closer to the band i hide the camera close to my body and turn the video screen off so it is dark..
    Isn't it illegal to bring in cameras... If its not then i guess i can stop taking my camera into concerts in my undies.. :roll:
    Seen PJ 21 times live from 1994-2019

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,872
    Phil100981 wrote:
    hey I am bringing my cmaera to hartford and Boston. I'll let you know now it will be up 100% of the time. Don't like it A.) I dont give A Fuck. B.) I guess you should of joined the Fan Club before me so you arent stuck behind me.
    joined a month ago today? EVERYONE will be in FRONT of you!!!!!! Bring some tissues for the nosebleeds.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    you can barely see the band in my pics from Bristow. I have lots of pics of people's heads though :(
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    I say everyone calm down. enjoy yourselves. if someone is blocking your view, just tell them.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    keep the videos coming
    i don't know about the rest of you, but i like going on youtube and finding live performances of pearl jam (as long as they're good quality).
    just don't scream/whistle in my ear, or wear the shirt of the band you're seeing, and you're cool in my books : )
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    keep the videos coming
    i don't know about the rest of you, but i like going on youtube and finding live performances of pearl jam (as long as they're good quality).
    just don't scream/whistle in my ear, or wear the shirt of the band you're seeing, and you're cool in my books : )

exactly. i enjoy watching the videos and looking at the pics people share.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    It's funny. Someone posted a YouTube of Love Reign... from MSG1. You could tell he was holding the camera high up as he was on the floor. And at several points in the song, someone right in front of him was holding a camera up, blocking the view. So he kept moving the camera around, trying to keep it steady, and trying to keep it from being blocked.

Now try this. Take a camera, stand up and hold the camera above your head for 5 minutes. Try to look straight up at the viewfinder, and keep your target within the viewfinder. Was that actually more work than fun? To me it would be. Given the relative steady image, and avoidance of the other person's camera, I would believe this person saw very little of that song with his own eyes. The sound sucked and the image was not great. Looked pretty much what you would expect from a crowd-based You-Tube clip. When you buy the bootleg, you can get great sound and play it at any volume.

My point is wouldn't you rather enjoy the show rather than be working at the show? And I'm not sure the people behind were too happy about having the obstruction. I thought the Ed solo shows had a neat ambience as none of this taping was going on. Yes, I watched the video because it was there. I could have lived without it. Enjoy the show!
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • i agree- take 1 or 2 shots- stop beaming your focus light onto my head- we'll all get tumors!!!! tumors
  • While we are at it can everyone over 6'2 pick 3 songs to stand up for and sit down for the rest...thx
  • While we are at it can everyone over 6'2 pick 3 songs to stand up for and sit down for the rest...thx

I know, I was behind a tall girl when I saw Ed solo, I had to lean around her all night. It's not their fault, but it makes it hard for us who are under 5'5" :lol:
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.