Options

My 2008 Tour experience great but...

Comments

• Options
    Biss wrote:
    Yes that's me!!!
    My girlfriend gift a Mike's pick to a girl, are you?

Yes...yes it's me!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!

Sorry to hear of your of your problems.............
    But I am sure that Hartford alone washed all that away!!!

:D
    How I choose to feel......is how I am.
  • Options
    BissBiss Posts: 255
    Yes...yes it's me!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!

Sorry to hear of your of your problems.............
    But I am sure that Hartford alone washed all that away!!!

:D
    For sure!!!

That has been one of the best PJ concert ever!
    00: Milan
    06: Verona, Milan, Pistoia
    07: Storm in Venice, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    08: Camden I, MSG I, MSG II, Hartford
    09: Berlin, Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    11: East Troy1, East Troy2, Montreal, Toronto1, Toronto2

Next Tour: everywere!
  • Options
    sorry about your unpleasant experience but you see America has become a police state.

being from Italy I'm sure you are not new to fascism.
  • Options
    sorry about your unpleasant experience but you see America has become a police state.

I exactly thought about it when this things happened, remind me the tales about our grandparents and what they have experienced from '39 to '45...but this doesn't mean that I'm used about it...

• Options
    nimsu8nimsu8 Posts: 321
    Biss wrote:
    I exactly thought about it when this things happened, remind me the tales about our grandparents and what they have experienced from '39 to '45...

yeah.. the fascism your relatives faced is similar to not being able to bring a cookie into a concert
    Buffalo - 1996; Montreal, Hartford - 1998; San Antonio - 2003; Milwaukee - 2006; Berkeley II - 2008; MSG I - 2008

MSG I pics: http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll22/nimsu8/MSG 1/
  • Options
    nimsu8 wrote:
    yeah.. the fascism your relatives faced is similar to not being able to bring a cookie into a concert

I much think about the story #2...

• Options
    Two BirdsTwo Birds Posts: 256
    Biss....does your girlfriend wear an "medical alert bracelet", indicating her
    diabetes and wouldn't that "alert" the security people that indeed she really needed her cookies??? Maybe it's just a Canadian thing not sure?
    Peace,
    nimsu8 wrote:

not the cookies!!the cops yelling and rifling through his shit while placing their hands on their guns(anything locked in the trunk is covered by the Fourth Amendment)!! yeah that is like what they went through back in the day!!(and you will be seeing much more of this in America in the future)
  • Options
    Two Birds wrote:
    Biss....does your girlfriend wear an "medical alert bracelet", indicating her
    diabetes and wouldn't that "alert" the security people that indeed she really needed her cookies??? Maybe it's just a Canadian thing not sure?

She had some papers in english as well to prove the problem but they didn't want to give me the time to call her, she was in the poster queue...

• Options
    not the cookies!!the cops yelling and rifling through his shit while placing their hands on their guns(anything locked in the trunk is covered by the Fourth Amendment)!! yeah that is like what they went through back in the day!!(and you will be seeing much more of this in America in the future)

lol...whoops.. my mistake
    Buffalo - 1996; Montreal, Hartford - 1998; San Antonio - 2003; Milwaukee - 2006; Berkeley II - 2008; MSG I - 2008

• Options
    Two BirdsTwo Birds Posts: 256
    Biss wrote:
    She had some papers in english as well to prove the problem but they didn't want to give me the time to call her, she was in the poster queue...

awwwww post que.....
    Peace,

Great Crazy Breed,
    this is the point!
    I've travel a bit in the crazy/amazing world, let me explain what happened in Holland when I was with some friend coming back to Italy by car:

We were driving from Amsterdam to Milan, got no GPS and we were lost.
    My buddy was driving and said: " May I check the map?" and he rest it on the steering wheel, we were not driving fast and everything was safe.

A cop car stopped us going ahead with the car flashing in italian the instruction to stop safely behind him.

He came out saying:"Hi my name it's Rob, what's yours?"
    we answere:"Andrea and Giulio (my buddy) + girlfriends"
    He said :" Maybe you are lost, right?Please Andrea, it's safer if you read the map while Giulio is driving, isn't it? Now if you want I can take you to the right way to go back to Italy and when I will flash the light that will be your exit! Thanks for visiting Holland, did you have fun?!?"
    and we said:" Sure thanks Rob!!!"
    Rob: "You are welcome Andrea & Giulio!"

This is the difference...

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    John Budge wrote:
    Welcome to George Bush's America. Enjoy your stay!

Elect Obama: Outside food and drinks allowed
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options

Jesus Christ.

No outside food or drink = fascism?!?

It has nothing to do with "police state." It's more like, you know, venue rules.
  • Options
    Biss wrote:
    Great Crazy Breed,
    this is the point!
    I've travel a bit in the crazy/amazing world, let me explain what happened in Holland when I was with some friend coming back to Italy by car:

We were driving from Amsterdam to Milan, got no GPS and we were lost.
    My buddy was driving and said: " May I check the map?" and he rest it on the steering wheel, we were not driving fast and everything was safe.

A cop car stopped us going ahead with the car flashing in italian the instruction to stop safely behind him.

He came out saying:"Hi my name it's Rob, what's yours?"
    we answere:"Andrea and Giulio (my buddy) + girlfriends"
    He said :" Maybe you are lost, right?Please Andrea, it's safer if you read the map while Giulio is driving, isn't it? Now if you want I can take you to the right way to go back to Italy and when I will flash the light that will be your exit! Thanks for visiting Holland, did you have fun?!?"
    and we said:" Sure thanks Rob!!!"
    Rob: "You are welcome Andrea & Giulio!"

This is the difference...

wow!!! i thought that only happened in movies :)
  • Options
    Jesus Christ.

No outside food or drink = fascism?!?

It has nothing to do with "police state." It's more like, you know, venue rules.

keep reading before you reply!!!!!(read when he got pulled over in NYC)
  • Options
    Elect Obama: Outside food and drinks allowed

Obama isn't going to change a dam thing.he is just as much a puppet douche-bag as McCain!
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    Biss wrote:
    Yes, I understand but why they doesn't use the brain?

Because then they get fired.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    wow!!! i thought that only happened in movies :)
    It's really incredibile but it's like this, in Italy it's not so exaggerate but just normal behaviour, stop you and if everything it's ok just go, if not depends of what happen, but always always kind even if you made an "infraction"...

• Options
    Biss wrote:
    It's really incredibile but it's like this, in Italy it's not so exaggerate but just normal behaviour, stop you and if everything it's ok just go, if not depends of what happen, but always always kind even if you made an "infraction"...

i know i'm probably coming across like a jerk in this thread.. but whatever.. we are only hearing this story from 1 side... maybe the police had a legitimate reason.. driving wrong way down a 1 way street sounds extremely shady. remember this is nyc and even 7 years later everyone is on high alert.

• Options
    keep reading before you reply!!!!!(read when he got pulled over in NYC)

Alright, good point.
  • Options

I'm pretty sure the cops can search your trunk with probable cause, which, I believe driving the wrong way down a one-way would be.
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    I'm pretty sure the cops can search your trunk with probable cause, which, I believe driving the wrong way down a one-way would be.

It's actually quite complicated. Depends on what the probable cause is for. The trunk exception to the search and seizure laws of the 4th amendment has been tried and tested about a million times, and there are many, many different rules and exceptions. It takes about a month to get through it in the first year of law school.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    nimsu8 wrote:
    i know i'm probably coming across like a jerk in this thread.. but whatever.. we are only hearing this story from 1 side... maybe the police had a legitimate reason.. driving wrong way down a 1 way street sounds extremely shady. remember this is nyc and even 7 years later everyone is on high alert.
    well...you are right, this is just one side:mine.
    But believe me, I was wrong and probably I had to pay with a "sanction" or something but I can't explain anything to them, they just scream with the gun in their hands...ok for the high alert for the first 5min, but 2 young persons, man and his girlfriend, with a GPS an a car for rent (they know that was for rent becouse I said I cannot open the trunk from inside because I don't know how,the car it's for rent!) in the middle of the night, saying that they are italian tourist looking for the 40th to give back the car, in normal clothing...who do you think am I?!?!?

Do they have to keep on screeming like crazy people?!?!? (they seems surely more doped then us)

• Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    Actually, this excerpt is pretty much true. I just copied and pasted something, but I think it hits most of the basics. Specific scenarios have other exceptions...

There are many times when the police can search your entire car, including your trunk, glove box, and even locked containers within your car, without a warrant. I'll lay out four of the most common techniques are used to search cars.

(1) Consent. Can't go wrong here. If you ask for consent to search and the driver (or person in charge of the vehicle) gives you consent, you can search the entire vehicle. The consenting party has the authority to withdraw their consent and/or limit the areas you can search.

On reasons (2) through (4) consent makes no difference. If the police can meet one of these requirements, they will legally search your car with or without your consent.

(2) Probable Cause. If you develop probable cause during a traffic stop, you may search the vehicle without a warrant. This is commonly called the "motor vehicle exception" to the search warrant rule. The authority for the police to do so was first established under a US supreme court case called Carroll v. United States. The courts have since expanded on this case and allowed the police to search items within the vehicle regardless of who claims ownership of the items. Under this technique, the police can only search areas where it is reasonable to believe the contraband they are searching for may be found. For example, if the police believe they are lookng for a rifle, they would not be able to search a purse. However, if they find the rifle and now believe they might be looking ammunition, the search of the purse is good.

(3) Pursuant to arrest. If the police arrest you for a bookable offense while operating a motor vehicle, they may search the areas under your control (including the passenger compartment and possibly other areas of the car) for contraband or weapons that you may have discarded. This authority is established under case law named Chimel v. California.

(4) Inventory search - If the police have the authority to tow your car, they may search it under the premise that they need to inventory all items contained within the car prior to towing the car. These searches were upheld under the community caretaking doctrine established under South Dakota v. Opperman.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    Anybody who thinks Obama is gonna change the way we are treated as "free people" is very very gravely wrong.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    Biss wrote:
    well...you are right, this is just one side:mine.
    But believe me, I was wrong and probably I had to pay with a "sanction" or something but I can't explain anything to them, they just scream with the gun in their hands...ok for the high alert for the first 5min, but 2 young persons, man and his girlfriend, with a GPS an a car for rent (they know that was for rent becouse I said I cannot open the trunk from inside because I don't know how,the car it's for rent!) in the middle of the night, saying that they are italian tourist looking for the 40th to give back the car, in normal clothing...who do you think am I?!?!?

Do they have to keep on screeming like crazy people?!?!? (they seems surely more doped then us)

Making an highly illegal maneuver in a car that could endangered pedestrians and other vehicles at a time of the evening when most people who are awake are up to no good, refusing (regardless of it was because of lack of knowledge or other reasons) to open their trunk which could be used to carry illegal items (bombs, drugs, guns) in a city that is known to be a target and still in shock of the events from 7 years ago...

the cops weren't hassling you because they were bored. i'm sure they had a justified reason. (see above)

• Options
    WilliedogWilliedog Posts: 43
    Foreigners with a GPS in the car driving the wrong way down a one way street looks highly suspicious, especially in this age of Terrorism. They were searching your trunk for a bomb. Its just the American thing to do.
  • Options
    Williedog wrote:
    Foreigners with a GPS in the car driving the wrong way down a one way street looks highly suspicious, especially in this age of Terrorism. They were searching your trunk for a bomb. Its just the American thing to do.

exactly Williedog, it's what I mean...just "good sense", "wisdom" or whatever you say...

I respect everybody's point of view, but story #1 as story#2 are a matter of that ... good sense.

I guess that in USA as in Italy (written in our constitution) the sovereignty it's popular owned by people...so security it's made of people as police, as institutions etc...

Just points of view...

• Options
    Biss wrote:
    exactly Williedog, it's what I mean...just "good sense", "wisdom" or whatever you say...

I respect everybody's point of view, but story #1 as story#2 are a matter of that ... good sense.

I guess that in USA as in Italy (written in our constitution) the sovereignty it's popular owned by people...so security it's made of people as police, as institutions etc...

Just points of view...

It's really just a better safe than sorry policy.. For every 1000 cookies they make people throw away or people they pull over at 4 am, all it take is 1 to get through and cause damage.