Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Slump buster is the opposite. Unattractive. He’s calling her ugly 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,641
    Yeah Slump Buster is picking a 🐖
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,796
    edited January 2020
    EDITED: But whether the woman is attractive or not is irrelevant.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    igotid88 said:
    I don't get it. why is she a 'slump buster'?
    Attractive girl that a sports guy sleeps with in order to improve his performance.

So I am guessing that Ms Julie is an attractive woman.

Putting females in the locker room is always going to draw out this type of behavior.  I don't think it will ever go away.
    Not to push this issue much, but haha even here the woman is to blame. Hilarious. I'm not saying you're excusing it, but the way this is worded doesn't help. The expectation of people not being pieces of shit should be on all of us.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,641
    Men are morons.  The idea that you cannot conduct yourself professionally, or that at a minimum the organizations cannot set a standard expectation for the players to conduct themselves appropriately, is one I do not understand. 
    The old Lisa Olson thing should not be at play any longer.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    i think a slump buster is implying a girl below standard, but is useful only to change things up and break a slump.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,209
    MayDay10 said:
    i think a slump buster is implying a girl below standard, but is useful only to change things up and break a slump.
    yes and it doesn't mean slump at the plate. it means only way you sleep with her is if you are desperate to get laid.  

it's a shitty thing to tweet or say.  Agree with F ME in The Brain above - men are morons.  how hard is it to act with decency around women? it's embarrassing adult men act like this.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,239
    mrussel1 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Attractive girl that a sports guy sleeps with in order to improve his performance.

Putting females in the locker room is always going to draw out this type of behavior.  I don't think it will ever go away.
    Nope. Unattractive girl just to get your rocks off and break out of your slump with women.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    pjhawks said:
    MayDay10 said:
    yes and it doesn't mean slump at the plate. it means only way you sleep with her is if you are desperate to get laid.  

it's a shitty thing to tweet or say.  Agree with F ME in The Brain above - men are morons.  how hard is it to act with decency around women? it's embarrassing adult men act like this.
    Its mind boggling that a public figure (who has a lot to lose) would put something like that up on social media regarding another public figure.  
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,239
    MayDay10 said:
    pjhawks said:
    MayDay10 said:

Its mind boggling that a public figure (who has a lot to lose) would put something like that up on social media regarding another public figure.  
    The world we live in today.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    mrussel1 said:
    igotid88 said:

Not to push this issue much, but haha even here the woman is to blame. Hilarious. I'm not saying you're excusing it, but the way this is worded doesn't help. The expectation of people not being pieces of shit should be on all of us.
    Easy now, Capt Virtue Signal
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    mrussel1 said:
    igotid88 said:

Easy now, Capt Virtue Signal
    The irony is thick here. I know he/she meant nothing offensive by it. But the point stands.
  • Options
    It deserves to get called out when these women aren’t qualified, but Good lord Aubrey Huff!! Just a loser.
  • Options

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,645
    Holy crap, if those numbers are real.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

My unofficial spot check on this showed Altuve to be 5 for 35 on the road in the playoffs in 2017.  This is .143
    From Baseball Reference

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,307
    Now this is a cheating scandal. Holy shit. Every time I've checked twitter this week it seems something new has come out.

Jack McDowell trying to blow everything from the 80's up now??
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    igotid88 said:

The "i don't think this will ever go away" part should have been your clue that I don't condone it.

It does bring up a point of "guys being guys".  You can be a guy and have fun without the belittlement but joking around is always taken too far or someone will be offended.

We have a long ways to go yet...
  • Options
    I can't imagine how pissed I'd be if I was a Dodgers fan. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I think implementing technology and attaching it to your body is much different than banging on a trash can 50 yards away
    what if you are hearing impaired and need hearing aids to hear the trash can being banged 50 yards away?  now that is a conundrum.
  • Options
    Apparently the Astros’ front office was in on it too!

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Yeah, to have no idea who would’ve beat them instead will keep them up at night. My favorite part of this is reading LAD fans whine that they should be champs and knowing that will never happen.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    Now this is a cheating scandal. Holy shit. Every time I've checked twitter this week it seems something new has come out.

Jack McDowell trying to blow everything from the 80's up now??
    How would he know what LaRussa was doing before he was one the team?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,900
    As a yanks fan I am really pissed but if I was a dodgers fan I d be outta my mind.  I fucking hate cheaters.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

Yeah, to have no idea who would’ve beat them instead will keep them up at night. My favorite part of this is reading LAD fans whine that they should be champs and knowing that will never happen.
    Eh, you know how fans can be. But for the players, this a pretty tough loss to live with. Like that 13-12 loss in extra innings in game 5. Imagine playing your heart out on the road, putting up 12 runs, and knowing the opponent was cheating so blatantly. They would have gone home up 3 games to 2. But all the games are bullshit, not just that one.  

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

Eh, you know how fans can be. But for the players, this a pretty tough loss to live with. Like that 13-12 loss in extra innings in game 5. Imagine playing your heart out on the road, putting up 12 runs, and knowing the opponent was cheating so blatantly. They would have gone home up 3 games to 2. But all the games are bullshit, not just that one.  
    Was that the game that Kershaw came in for relief?
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

Was that the game that Kershaw came in for relief?
    No he started that game and got shelled. Lasted like 2 innings. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Mike Clevinger speaking for every MLB player...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCbQhKVNYkU

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    ^ He looks like a henchman that would be disposed of early in a 90's action film.  
  • Options

Pearl Jam bootlegs: