Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    He did homer off the fucking Cubs, of course.  One of two in his career.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    MayDay10 said:
    how could his teammates even justify getting lathered up to defend this guy?
    I believe I read yesterday that they had already had a pretty heavy duty benches clearing session, people were ready to go.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Anyone see this what this jackass did?  No wonder his MLB career only lasted the length of a 19th century season.
    And this is why you will never play in the MLB...
    He already did.  144 games for the 08-09 Dbacks. 36 year old nobody. I'd say he's washed up but he never had it to begin with.
    Sorry I'm at a loss.  Who?
  • Options
    Anyone see this what this jackass did?  No wonder his MLB career only lasted the length of a 19th century season.
    He already did.  144 games for the 08-09 Dbacks. 36 year old nobody. I'd say he's washed up but he never had it to begin with.
    Uh, did you watch the video?
  • Options
    Oh I did just without sound.  Who the hell was it?
  • Options
    Alex Romero
  • Options
    Alex Romero
    Ahhh I remember that name.

Piece of garbage.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    Astros nailed for cheating.  Hinch and GM Lushnow suspended for a year.  Red Sox next?
  • Options
    Pretty weak/lame punishment if you ask me.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,796
    Pretty weak/lame punishment if you ask me.
    Yeah, I wasn't sure how to feel about this. What's the line between too harsh and too weak here. They lose their GM and manager for a year, 1st & 2nd round picks for this year and next, and $5M fine. Seems steep, but at the same time not steep enough. Is this enough to keep teams from doing it in the future is the question.

I think if anything the draft should've been hit harder. I'm thinking like a season's worth of draft picks or something. I dunno, it's tough to figure out that punitive line.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    I expected half a season for Hinch and perhaps for Lunlow to get canned.  Happy with the Hinch full season...very happy.  That GM is clearly a dirtball and should be gone.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    So the GM and manager are getting black-balled after this, right?

This is basically the MLB version of Tony Soprano sending Paulie out to whack a few guys that got out of line to send a message to the rest of the troops.
  • Options
    So now Lunhow and Hinch are fired.
  • Options
    BOOM!
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    edited January 2020
    So now Lunhow and Hinch are fired.
    They'll never work in MLB again. Talk about being toxic pariahs. Nobody's going to want to be the team to hire some cheaters.

Hats off to the Astros. I guess they kind of had to fire them considering the suspensions. But a lot of teams would have stood by them considering the World Series win. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Strip their title, ban Lunlow, Hinch, & any other participant for life.  If we're gonna strip the 1919 White Sox, ban Shoeless Joe for life, ban Pete Rose for life, the same consistency needs to be delivered here. Send a fucking message.  Really think teams & owners give a flying fuck about not having an executive for a year, or losing a couple draft picks that'll likely never sniff the big leagues anyway, or some pocket change in the baseball world?

I mean, some girls who aren't even associated with nor employed by the league showed their boobs and they got a lifetime ban.
  • Options
    My issue with this is the owner gets to absolve himself, which is completely ludicrous.
  • Options
    AND IT SOUNDS LIKE CORA MAY GET A YEAR TOO!!!!

OH WHAT A GLORIOUS DAY!
  • Options
    Strip their title, ban Lunlow, Hinch, & any other participant for life.  If we're gonna strip the 1919 White Sox, ban Shoeless Joe for life, ban Pete Rose for life, the same consistency needs to be delivered here. Send a fucking message.  Really think teams & owners give a flying fuck about not having an executive for a year, or losing a couple draft picks that'll likely never sniff the big leagues anyway, or some pocket change in the baseball world?

I mean, some girls who aren't even associated with nor employed by the league showed their boobs and they got a lifetime ban.
    You can't compare what the Black sox and Rose did to what the Astros did.  It's not even close.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247

You can't compare what the Black sox and Rose did to what the Astros did.  It's not even close.
    Not really. Just the exact opposite side of the coin. Still cheated and showed piss poor sportsmanship and respect for the game. Too bad the steroid era cheaters got to skate by with nothing.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,663
    tbergs said:

Not really. Just the exact opposite side of the coin. Still cheated and showed piss poor sportsmanship and respect for the game. Too bad the steroid era cheaters got to skate by with nothing.
    I agree.. strip the title.  If you can take away Reggie Bush's Heisman for what he does off the field, you can take away official rings that the Astros and presumably Red Sox did on the field.  Funny how they both had outrageous offenses.  I guess baseball isn't as hard when you can sit on a pitch.  Who knew.  
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Sad day to be an Astros fan. I think Crane did the right thing, though. They need a clean break. This has not been a fun offseason at all, but I’m still looking forward to our first Spring Training visit in a few weeks.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    funny how old fuddy duddy scholars decided that Reggie Bush never happened at USC.  must have been a ghost that pushed Matt across the goal line in south bend.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247
    The question is, how many other teams are shitting their pants right now hoping they don't get investigated?
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:

Then sandpaper, corking, vaseline, spitballs, PED's, greenies, cocaine and Bill Lee for doing acid should all be banned.

Stop it.  Stop.

Betting on a game AGAINST your team is more egregious than stealing a sign or any of the above.  Theyare cheating, yes and to gain an advantage, not actually throwing the game.
  • Options
    Look for the Mets to shit can Beltran before he even coaches a game.

Wait for it.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,663
    tbergs said:

Then sandpaper, corking, vaseline, spitballs, PED's, greenies, cocaine and Bill Lee for doing acid should all be banned.

Stop it.  Stop.

Betting on a game AGAINST your team is more egregious than stealing a sign or any of the above.  Theyare cheating, yes and to gain an advantage, not actually throwing the game.
    They systematically cheated,  as an organization.  That's different than individual issues. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:

Stop it.  Stop.

They systematically cheated,  as an organization.  That's different than individual issues. 
    It didn't break the cardinal rule though.

I expect players to cheat or look for advantages or an edge. 

When they get caught cheating they should be punished, not banished.
  • Options
    I don’t understand how no players were punished. The report says it was them and Cora who did it 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    I don’t understand how no players were punished. The report says it was them and Cora who did it 
    Because most of the players are on other teams now 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......