• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,411
    cutz said:
    igotid88 said:
    cutz said:
    igotid88 said:
    pjhawks said:
    Jason P said:
    Chapman looked like part of his soul was snatched away from him in the aftermath.   His brain was broken.
    really dumb to throw anything near the plate to Altuve there with a guy on deck who was a defensive replacement.  make the guy who just came into the game beat you, not their best hitter. 

and when the DH comes to the National League I might officially out of baseball. between the DH and an utterly insane 14 pitchers used in a 9 inning game the way the game is played today sucks. 
    There might be a be a new rule next year that a pitcher coming in has to face at least 3 batters (or get 3 outs. I forget) or if there's already 2 outs. Just the final out of that inning. Just so there aren't 5 pitchers to get 3 outs. And in September when the rosters expands. You have to have 26 available to play. The rest healthy scratches like in hockey or basketball.
    That new rule(26 Man Roster) wasn't approved already? If so, you just know that 26th player will probably be another Relief Pitcher. 

I meant when the roster expands to 40 in September. Instead being able to play all 40 in a game which you can. You have to select the 26 you want to play that game.
    I thought i read 28 players in September?
    That could be right
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,431
    igotid88 said:
    cutz said:
    igotid88 said:
    cutz said:
    igotid88 said:
    pjhawks said:
    Jason P said:
    Chapman looked like part of his soul was snatched away from him in the aftermath.   His brain was broken.
    really dumb to throw anything near the plate to Altuve there with a guy on deck who was a defensive replacement.  make the guy who just came into the game beat you, not their best hitter. 

and when the DH comes to the National League I might officially out of baseball. between the DH and an utterly insane 14 pitchers used in a 9 inning game the way the game is played today sucks. 
    There might be a be a new rule next year that a pitcher coming in has to face at least 3 batters (or get 3 outs. I forget) or if there's already 2 outs. Just the final out of that inning. Just so there aren't 5 pitchers to get 3 outs. And in September when the rosters expands. You have to have 26 available to play. The rest healthy scratches like in hockey or basketball.
    That new rule(26 Man Roster) wasn't approved already? If so, you just know that 26th player will probably be another Relief Pitcher. 

I meant when the roster expands to 40 in September. Instead being able to play all 40 in a game which you can. You have to select the 26 you want to play that game.
    I thought i read 28 players in September?
    That could be right
    Lets hope so. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    This guy is a real gem....and Astros tried to "fake news" this away, like Trump would.
    I like that people stepped up to counter that attempt.
    Yet another reason why The Athletic is so solid.  They get to the truth here....
    https://theathletic.com/1313356/2019/10/22/witnesses-confirm-si-report-of-astros-exec-brandon-taubman-yelling-at-female-reporters-about-roberto-osuna/

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    Both closers sucked that game and both are piece of shit human being abusers.
  • Options
    This guy is a real gem....and Astros tried to "fake news" this away, like Trump would.
    Yet another reason why The Athletic is so solid.  They get to the truth here....
    https://theathletic.com/1313356/2019/10/22/witnesses-confirm-si-report-of-astros-exec-brandon-taubman-yelling-at-female-reporters-about-roberto-osuna/

Maybe dude just likes Osuna or maybe those gals have been harassing him since they acquired Osuna?
  • Options

Maybe dude just likes Osuna or maybe those gals have been harassing him since they acquired Osuna?
    Yeah.....maybe.  Or maybe he is just some shithead who should be slapped a good one.
    Either way, the "fake news" attempt is what I found to be the story. 
    Obviously teams do not, in general, care about women or that the men they pay millions of dollars abuse them.  They care about asses in seats, eyes on tvs, and playoff wins.  This is not an Astros problem regarding this jackass.  That is a societal/sports team problem.

The "fake news" attempt is just weak ass bullshit and I am glad they were called on it.

Fucking Trumpification of everything, these days.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    As a follow up to the above piece I just read the SI article. They make a good point and its unfortunate sports isn't there yet when it comes to moral standards off the field. Sure he served his time, but let's quit rewarding shitty people.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/10/22/houston-astros-roberto-osuna-suspension
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    As a follow up to the above piece I just read the SI article. They make a good point and its unfortunate sports isn't there yet when it comes to moral standards off the field. Sure he served his time, but let's quit rewarding shitty people.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/10/22/houston-astros-roberto-osuna-suspension
    Good read but I definitely disagree w bringing up a person's past if they changed.  It's like cops asking about your criminal record from 20 years ago, it does get old.

Osuna surely doesn't get to walk freely just yet though either.

I see both sides.
  • Options

Yeah.....maybe.  Or maybe he is just some shithead who should be slapped a good one.
    Obviously teams do not, in general, care about women or that the men they pay millions of dollars abuse them.  They care about asses in seats, eyes on tvs, and playoff wins.  This is not an Astros problem regarding this jackass.  That is a societal/sports team problem.

The "fake news" attempt is just weak ass bullshit and I am glad they were called on it.

Where does Trump fit into this?  Is it somewhere in the article?  Asking because I can only read the first 2 paragraphs as I am not a subscriber.
  • Options

Where does Trump fit into this?  Is it somewhere in the article?  Asking because I can only read the first 2 paragraphs as I am not a subscriber.
    No, that was my generalized disdain for the way that people can pull an Obi-Wan these days and try to spin anything into irrelevancy by claiming that it was misrepresented or misinterpreted.  I lay that, fair or not, at the feet of our wonderful Commander In Chump, Donny Darko.

The article contained independent verification that what was reported was what took place -- and clearly exposed the Astros organization's attempt to spin this away as exactly that.

• Options
    And....nobody will care, they will just celebrate the wins and losses.
    The losers in this are women....and, really, anyone who cares about other people.
    Again -- not an Astros, Yankees, nor MLB thing.  This is systemic with sports teams and if people only stood up and said "fuck these people" and stopped supporting team owners making them millionaires then things might change.  However, we will not.

• Options

No, that was my generalized disdain for the way that people can pull an Obi-Wan these days and try to spin anything into irrelevancy by claiming that it was misrepresented or misinterpreted.  I lay that, fair or not, at the feet of our wonderful Commander In Chump, Donny Darko.

The article contained independent verification that what was reported was what took place -- and clearly exposed the Astros organization's attempt to spin this away as exactly that.

I love that people feel the need to add Trump into every damn conversation these days.  Please stop and keep him out of my sports feed.

I did bring up the harassment thing because no one mentioned what the gals were asking before he said that.  I'm curious to what they were asking and I had and would have never known what a "domestic violence awareness bracelet" was until I read that article.

The angle they are looking for in both articles is to make that guy look bad, that is evident and they succeeded.

• Options

I love that people feel the need to add Trump into every damn conversation these days.  Please stop and keep him out of my sports feed.

I did bring up the harassment thing because no one mentioned what the gals were asking before he said that.  I'm curious to what they were asking and I had and would have never known what a "domestic violence awareness bracelet" was until I read that article.

The angle they are looking for in both articles is to make that guy look bad, that is evident and they succeeded.

Yeah, I can dig not wanting Trump into everything.
    Wishing we could change things is pretty futile - and jackhammers like this guy show why.  Perhaps one day...
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    edited October 2019
    People in power feel like they can scream fake news to make something go away now, thanks to the dipshit.  It is hopefully backfiring in the Astros face.
  • Options
    People in power feel like they can scream fake news to make something go away now, thanks to the dipshit.  It is hopefully backfiring in the Astros face.
    ANYONE  can scream "fake news" now.  It's a rally cry, lol.

Back to baseball!!!!!

Tonight.  Game 1. World Series.

Let's do this.

I expect this to be fun as both teams are good at base running.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Go Nats. Astros smoke them.
  • Options
    rooting nats but think Astros win in 5, 6 max
  • Options
    I'm betting that Scherzer and Strasburg pitch 4 games maybe 5.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228

Nationals in 5
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    I'm betting that Scherzer and Strasburg pitch 4 games maybe 5.
    Grienke being the wildcard in that equation.
  • Options
    This is the only reason I would root for Houston - clearly Verlander is a gd champion at life

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Let’s go, Astros!!!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Loved Mike Schmidt as a player and his perspective here. I miss baseball from the 80's and early 90's. I doubt we'll see another game 7 Jack Morris type performance unless the game changes.

https://sports.yahoo.com/mike-schmidt-why-cant-just-accept-power-201840091--mlb.html
  • Options
    Soto ties it up with a bomb.
  • Options
    Suzuki interference non call a big deal right now. Scherzer already at 100 pitches in the 4th. Extended bullpen needed tonight.
  • Options
    Soto again with the big hit.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    tbergs said:
    Loved Mike Schmidt as a player and his perspective here. I miss baseball from the 80's and early 90's. I doubt we'll see another game 7 Jack Morris type performance unless the game changes.

https://sports.yahoo.com/mike-schmidt-why-cant-just-accept-power-201840091--mlb.html
    I pine for those days of baseball as well. 

The opening NBA game just ended, after going to overtime. Meanwhile this game is still in the 7th inning. Games take way too long nowadays 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Hudson, boom