MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

Dirty slide by Bautista. He got up looking for a fight and got clocked.

And stop calling it a "bat flip." He THREW the fucking bat recklessly. A wide receiver does that with a football after he scores a TD and it's a 15 yd unsportsmanlike penalty and a $20k fine. But "Joey Bats" (stupid fuckin nickname, btw) does it and it's "adding excitement to the game, get over it!"

Fuck Bautista.

I think it's a great nickname.

And why are you comparing his flip to a football game? Apples and oranges.
    he's probably an orioles fan ... which basically puts bautista on the most hated list ...
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    A reminder that baseball is played by a bunch of man-children.

That poor catcher for the Padres is going to have a Cubs pitcher throw a hard ball on purpose at him the next time they play cause he spent approximately 2.5 seconds admiring a ball he crushed and John Lackey is a crazed weirdo.
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Jason P said:

That poor catcher for the Padres is going to have a Cubs pitcher throw a hard ball on purpose at him the next time they play cause he spent approximately 2.5 seconds admiring a ball he crushed and John Lackey is a crazed weirdo.

You mean this nice guy?

will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

1. that was a great right hand
    2. pretty lame of the rangers to wait until the last at bat of the SEASON series to throw at bautista ...
    3. also, if you believe in old school baseball - then you don't send matt bush - he of the dui hit and run - to do the dirty work ...
    4. and that was a sucker punch ... no denying it's effectiveness or accuracy - but that is a sucker punch ...

Wasn't a sucker punch. He wasn't ready for the hit, probably expected some pushing and shoving, but he was coming at him too.

Agreed on the first 3 though
    it's a sucker punch when the guy doesn't know you're gonna throw ... if you watch the video - his left arm comes up because he sees odor cocking ... too late ...

i get the fact a lot of peeps don't like bautista ... whatever ... is he the nicest guy out there? - probably not but he does do his share of visiting sick kids, has a foundation giving latin american kids an education and all kinds of charitable things ... he's the kind of guy that if he was on anyone else team they would embrace wholeheartedly ...
    Eh. You're coming at a guy, regardless of who the aggressor is, you gotta be ready for it.

I am sure he is a perfectly swell guy. Don't care, don't like him
    For the record, I couldn't give half a shit about the bat launch (can't call it a flip). I didn't want that game to go the way it did, but that was the most fun inning of baseball I can remember.
    What does Gibbons think of Bautista? Dude is as much of an old school curmudgeon as it comes

What does Gibbons think of Bautista? Dude is as much of an old school curmudgeon as it comes

Gibby probably not the best person to ask ... that guy is old school loyal too ... he does think how the Rangers handled the situation was a bit cowardly ...

and I don't necessarily disagree that he should have been ready for it - especially knowing that odor was trying to hurt him with the throw ...
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,427

And stop calling it a "bat flip." He THREW the fucking bat recklessly. A wide receiver does that with a football after he scores a TD and it's a 15 yd unsportsmanlike penalty and a $20k fine. But "Joey Bats" (stupid fuckin nickname, btw) does it and it's "adding excitement to the game, get over it!"

Fuck Bautista.

Because it's the same type of showboating. Apples & oranges, sure, but they're both fruit.
    polaris_x said:

Gibby probably not the best person to ask ... that guy is old school loyal too ... he does think how the Rangers handled the situation was a bit cowardly ...

and I don't necessarily disagree that he should have been ready for it - especially knowing that odor was trying to hurt him with the throw ...
    polaris_x said:

That's true too. Have never seen the guy smile, but yeah, wouldn't be at all surprised at him being crazy loyal.

I can't believe I am about to say this, but Bautista didn't do anything wrong. As much as I enjoy watching him get punched in the face, of course he's going hard into second after getting drilled like that.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,427
    polaris_x said:

Fuck Bautista.

he's probably an orioles fan ... which basically puts bautista on the most hated list ...
    Nope, Cubs. I have nothing for or against the Rangers, Blue Jays, or Orioles for that matter. But can't stand Bautista. Never have liked him; he's just always come off as an arrogant prick to me.

polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

That's true too. Have never seen the guy smile, but yeah, wouldn't be at all surprised at him being crazy loyal.

I can't believe I am about to say this, but Bautista didn't do anything wrong. As much as I enjoy watching him get punched in the face, of course he's going hard into second after getting drilled like that.
    ya ... i think the general consensus amongst the analysts is that beaning ok (except shouldn't have waited until his last AB of the season); slide ok; throwing at his head not ok ...
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Lincecum signs with the Angels. Thankful the Giants didn't bring him back. I hope he does well for Anaheim but Giants needed to move on. Same thing when Cain's deal is over in a couple seasons.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Thanks, everybody, for trashing my team as a bunch of gutless crybabies. :lol:

The punch wasn't about Bautista's bat flip last year, it was about his slide into 2nd. Rangers got through 5 out of 6 games with Toronto without any kind of "payback" for last season and probably would have finished this game the same way if Bautista hadn't decided to be such an ass. I think the bat flip got way more attention than it deserved and really isn't that much of an issue. The rudeness of the Toronto fans made a bigger impression on most people.

Odor's not my favorite player by any means but how often do you get this much entertainment at a game in May? :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Bautista getting punched by someone/anyone was a long time coming (even if I don't think he was wrong in this situation) and a glorious sight

The punch wasn't about Bautista's bat flip last year, it was about his slide into 2nd. Rangers got through 5 out of 6 games with Toronto without any kind of "payback" for last season and probably would have finished this game the same way if Bautista hadn't decided to be such an ass. I think the bat flip got way more attention than it deserved and really isn't that much of an issue. The rudeness of the Toronto fans made a bigger impression on most people.

Odor's not my favorite player by any means but how often do you get this much entertainment at a game in May? :lol:

hey ... let's start a U-S-A chant ... cuz that's always the sign of a cool fanbase! ... haha

Bautista getting punched by someone/anyone was a long time coming (even if I don't think he was wrong in this situation) and a glorious sight

really!?? ... so, people you just don't like for no good reason deserves to be punched in the face? ... classy ...

at least spend 5 mins doing a google search on some obscure article to post a semi-legit reason to hate a guy ...
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    polaris_x said:

hey ... let's start a U-S-A chant ... cuz that's always the sign of a cool fanbase! ... haha
    In Texas, we just boo, we don't throw bottles on the field. :tongue:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    polaris_x said:

really!?? ... so, people you just don't like for no good reason deserves to be punched in the face? ... classy ...

at least spend 5 mins doing a google search on some obscure article to post a semi-legit reason to hate a guy ...
    He is the most annoying player in baseball and cries about every single called strike, along with anything else that didn't go his way.

Dude cries more than Ortiz
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

Jason P said:

You mean this nice guy?

I'm an Angels fan and even I can't stand him and his attitude especially after he left the team.

Speaking of which, looks like Lincecum is a done deal. At least he won't have Mike Butcher as a pitching coach. Good riddance.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

Lincecum signs with the Angels. Thankful the Giants didn't bring him back. I hope he does well for Anaheim but Giants needed to move on. Same thing when Cain's deal is over in a couple seasons.

Anything is an improvement. Their staff is awful now and so is their farm system.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,737

cutz said:

Put odor in the hall of fame now. My new favorite player

Would you say that if he wearing a Red Sox uniform>HAHAHA
    Anyone who pops that fucker in the face like that is just fine in my book
    HAHA>me too

polaris_x said:

He is the most annoying player in baseball and cries about every single called strike, along with anything else that didn't go his way.

riiight ... ok ... lame
    Real nice contract for Cervelli. Happy for him
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,851
    whatever happened to those steroids suspensions that were supposed to be coming down the pike?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

riiight ... ok ... lame
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 48,328
    So Texas is threatening to leave unless they get a new stadium now?

Their current one can't be much more than 20 some years old....
    www.myspace.com
    edited May 2016

They forgot about the huge burning orb in the sky when they built that one.

1994. A beautiful stadium at that. Such BS.
    Looks like taxpayers will foot 1/2 of the $900M cost to build it as well.

But I do agree that watching a baseball game in 100 degree heat suuuuucks
    Jason P said:

Looks like taxpayers will foot 1/2 of the $900M cost to build it as well.

But I do agree that watching a baseball game in 100 degree heat suuuuucks

Should have built a roof in 1994 then. Not like it's a brand new technology. No need for taxpayers to foot a bill for a completely unnecessary stadium when the owner can easily afford it.