MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,369
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Ha ha, love my team!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,851
    fuck bautista!

I'm in a baseball collectors forum and they just did a raffle for an artist to do the painting of your choice....the artist is VERY talented....the winner chose the bautista bat flip. I had a hard time holding my comment.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,820
    That was awesome.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,737

Put odor in the hall of fame now. My new favorite player

Would you say that if he wearing a Red Sox uniform>HAHAHA
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    cutz said:

Put odor in the hall of fame now. My new favorite player

Would you say that if he wearing a Red Sox uniform>HAHAHA
    Anyone who pops that fucker in the face like that is just fine in my book
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,710
    I never noticed how big Jose Bautista's ears are
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

They looked even bigger when he was being interviewed in the locker room. :giggle:
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,427

That's cuz his ego's always in the way...
    A little better view of those ears.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 31,028
    Lucky he didnt break his paw throwing a dart like that. That is a serious punch!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    1. that was a great right hand
    2. pretty lame of the rangers to wait until the last at bat of the SEASON series to throw at bautista ...
    3. also, if you believe in old school baseball - then you don't send matt bush - he of the dui hit and run - to do the dirty work ...
    4. and that was a sucker punch ... no denying it's effectiveness or accuracy - but that is a sucker punch ...
  • Not a fan of either guy, but Odor is a straight up lunatic and has a track record of this shit. He basically did this same shit in the minors except he was the one that made the dirty slide, got called out on it and started swinging at everyone. I hope he gets suspended 20 games. And on a side note, Alex Reyes smokes a joint privately and gets a 50 game suspension, Odor sucker punches a guys in a stadium full of kids, will probably get 10 games. Bullshit.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Odor is a punk but Bautista popped up ready to fight. I just don't think he was ready to take a shot like that when he did.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

Not a fan of either guy, but Odor is a straight up lunatic and has a track record of this shit. He basically did this same shit in the minors except he was the one that made the dirty slide, got called out on it and started swinging at everyone. I hope he gets suspended 20 games. And on a side note, Alex Reyes smokes a joint privately and gets a 50 game suspension, Odor sucker punches a guys in a stadium full of kids, will probably get 10 games. Bullshit.

he also actually tried to hit bautista in the head with his throw ...
    edited May 2016
    polaris_x said:

2. pretty lame of the rangers to wait until the last at bat of the SEASON series to throw at bautista ...
    3. also, if you believe in old school baseball - then you don't send matt bush - he of the dui hit and run - to do the dirty work ...
    4. and that was a sucker punch ... no denying it's effectiveness or accuracy - but that is a sucker punch ...

Wasn't a sucker punch. He wasn't ready for the hit, probably expected some pushing and shoving, but he was coming at him too.

Agreed on the first 3 though
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    polaris_x said:

Not a fan of either guy, but Odor is a straight up lunatic and has a track record of this shit. He basically did this same shit in the minors except he was the one that made the dirty slide, got called out on it and started swinging at everyone. I hope he gets suspended 20 games. And on a side note, Alex Reyes smokes a joint privately and gets a 50 game suspension, Odor sucker punches a guys in a stadium full of kids, will probably get 10 games. Bullshit.

he also actually tried to hit bautista in the head with his throw ...
    You are supposed to throw low to keep the runner low, but that was very low.
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    edited May 2016
    What's lame is the Rangers still throwing at Bautista. He flipped a bat, so what? Get the fuck over it. Don't throw one right down the middle to thier best hitter. Fuck the Rangers and their classless organization.

I'm a cubs fan. Not a Jay's fan.
    Post edited by Degeneratefk on
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    The entire back story is so stupid. That said, I can support anything that results in Bautista getting punched in the face.
  • What's lame is the Rangers still throwing at Bautista. He flipped a bat, so what? Get the fuck over it. Don't throw one right down the middle to thier best hitter. Fuck the Rangers and their classless organization.

I'm a cubs fan. Not a Jay's fan.

Yup. I'm a Red Sox fan and I totally agree. Get over it. You blew a 2-0 lead in last years playoffs and you're still whining.

And yeah it's a sucker punch. Why? Because trying to knock someone out is not part of the game.
    looking to hear of the earth

polaris_x said:

Wasn't a sucker punch. He wasn't ready for the hit, probably expected some pushing and shoving, but he was coming at him too.

Agreed on the first 3 though
    it's a sucker punch when the guy doesn't know you're gonna throw ... if you watch the video - his left arm comes up because he sees odor cocking ... too late ...

i get the fact a lot of peeps don't like bautista ... whatever ... is he the nicest guy out there? - probably not but he does do his share of visiting sick kids, has a foundation giving latin american kids an education and all kinds of charitable things ... he's the kind of guy that if he was on anyone else team they would embrace wholeheartedly ...
  • Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762
    edited May 2016
    As Jays fan, I'm most pissed about Bautista selfishly sliding into second like that (illegally) to clip Odor and end the inning it what was arguably their best chance at scoring and tying the game. He was stupid about the whole situation and it cost us a good chance at coming back and winning.

Bautista was looking for a baseball fight and Odor brought a real one. Lesson learned for Bautista but one thing that's getting over looked is how Odor tried to hit Bautista with his throw. Dude bounced it 20 feet wide and half way to first. Look at the angle of his arm as it comes down to throw. He was totally trying to hit him and that's a total disgrace.

I really do hope they meet in the playoffs. If you look at old altercations Odor has been in, he gets in a shot then retreats as fast as he can. It'll be much different in a best-of series.

Okay, time to get bakc on track and wi nsome games, Jays. Remember the last time this team got in an altercation like this? They won 11 in a row. Let's see that again.
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Jays are going to have a hard time winning 11 in a row when Pilar probably gets a couple game suspension, Donaldsaon a couple games and Bautista will get a few for his actions as well. Odor should get 20 but will porbably get 10.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

As Jays fan, I'm most pissed about Bautista selfishly sliding into second like that (illegally) to clip Odor and end the inning it what was arguably their best chance at scoring and tying the game. He was stupid about the whole situation and it cost us a good chance at coming back and winning.

he got beaned by matt served time in prison bush - with not even another at bat for the whole season to get revenge ...

also, that slide last year would have been ok ... spikes were down ...
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,427
    Dirty slide by Bautista. He got up looking for a fight and got clocked.

And stop calling it a "bat flip." He THREW the fucking bat recklessly. A wide receiver does that with a football after he scores a TD and it's a 15 yd unsportsmanlike penalty and a $20k fine. But "Joey Bats" (stupid fuckin nickname, btw) does it and it's "adding excitement to the game, get over it!"

Fuck Bautista.

Dirty slide by Bautista. He got up looking for a fight and got clocked.

And stop calling it a "bat flip." He THREW the fucking bat recklessly. A wide receiver does that with a football after he scores a TD and it's a 15 yd unsportsmanlike penalty and a $20k fine. But "Joey Bats" (stupid fuckin nickname, btw) does it and it's "adding excitement to the game, get over it!"

Fuck Bautista.

I think it's a great nickname.

And why are you comparing his flip to a football game? Apples and oranges.

Look at the pitch. Right in his wheelhouse. Yea, it's bautistas fault.
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146

this this is what y'all are upset about?? jesus people, grow up...it's a fucking game
    norm said:

this this is what y'all are upset about?? jesus people, grow up...it's a fucking game
    That's why the Rangers are crying.