MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 31,028
    Standings Check:

AL East -- Os. Sox fighting it out. BJs lurking (hey, one can hope, right? :lol:) Yanks stink.

AL Central - WSox pitching is amazing. Lots of other teams hanging out. No the Twinkies.

AL West - Ms/Rangers is a good battle. Astros stink. As/Angels stink. Still time?

NL East - Mets & Nats as advertised. Think real story is Phillies/Marlins actually being pretty good. Crazy!

NL Central - Cubs rock. Pirates/Cards will try to run @ Wild Card. Crap, the Reds are horrid.

NL West - What the crap is going on here? Dodgers/Giants. Will right the ship and stay above .500. Padres only 3.5 back at 13-19. :rofl:

Strange stuff going on.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Until Giants do something about Cain and Peavy they will stay at .500.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Whoa. Don't usually see a massive early season extension, especially for a boras client. Would have liked the yanks to sign him, but good for the Nats
    7 years 175 mil. That will do. Don't get any ideas Harper!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,851
    Bryce is gonna need st least double that.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,737
    Wobbie said:

Yup, and only one team, maybe 2? can pay that.

My prediction, and i know this will be a shocker, he goes to the Yanks. 10-12 years/$350-$400?
    cutz said:

Wobbie said:

My prediction, and i know this will be a shocker, he goes to the Yanks. 10-12 years/$350-$400?
    I like it
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,851
    cutz said:

Wobbie said:

with these insane TV deals (yankees model?), there are more and more teams with deep pockets.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,737
    Wobbie said:

cutz said:

Wobbie said:

with these insane TV deals (yankees model?), there are more and more teams with deep pockets.
    Okay, but, i'll still stay with my prediction, but now he may only get $400-$450 from the Yanks>LOL
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 48,328
    cutz said:

Wobbie said:

cutz said:

Wobbie said:

Okay, but, i'll still stay with my prediction, but now he may only get $400-$450 from the Yanks>LOL

At 10/3, the Yankees have better odds than the Los Angeles Dodgers (4/1), Harper's current team, the Washington Nationals (7/1), Boston Red Sox (9/1) and Phillies (10/1).

gonna be interesting
    www.myspace.com
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,694

cutz said:

Wobbie said:

cutz said:

Wobbie said:

At 10/3, the Yankees have better odds than the Los Angeles Dodgers (4/1), Harper's current team, the Washington Nationals (7/1), Boston Red Sox (9/1) and Phillies (10/1).

gonna be interesting
    He grew up a Yankee fan.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

cutz said:

Wobbie said:

cutz said:

Wobbie said:

gonna be interesting
    He grew up a Yankee fan.
    THIS changes EVERYTHING.
    www.myspace.com
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I don't care who he was a fan of. He is a Bora client and will take the largest offer on the table. I predict a sleeper team will end up with him. Someone like Texas. 10 years, 400mil.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 31,028
    1 year 400 mil. Fucking Redlegs! :lol:

This is clown money, bro.

Agree with you all - he is going to get some sick amount of money and the owners fucking deserve it. Have fun paying up!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Seattle has new local ownership group (bye, bye, Marioooooo) and they say they are willing to spend on payroll.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,409

cutz said:

Wobbie said:

cutz said:

Wobbie said:

gonna be interesting
    I still think the Phils make a big play for Harper. With Middleton in control and the Comcast deal kicking in after this year they will have a ton of money to spend in the next few years.
    Wild card is if the yanks can get under the luxury tax before then. If they can, they will be saving hundreds of millions of dollars
    edited May 2016
    pjhawks said:

cutz said:

Wobbie said:

cutz said:

Wobbie said:

gonna be interesting
    I still think the Phils make a big play for Harper. With Middleton in control and the Comcast deal kicking in after this year they will have a ton of money to spend in the next few years.
    Yep. Fully expect the Phils to make a play.

Hopefully they should have an attractive looking roster missing one last piece at that point too.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,409

pjhawks said:

cutz said:

Wobbie said:

cutz said:

Wobbie said:

gonna be interesting
    Yep. Fully expect the Phils to make a play.

Hopefully they should have an attractive looking roster missing one last piece at that point too.
    exactly, the timing is going to work out perfectly for the Phils. they could/should be just about that one piece (bat) away from being ready to compete at a very high level then.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,427
    I hope he goes to Boston so I can refer to him as Bryce 'Haahpah' for the next decade! :rofl:
    Max Scherzer becomes the 4th pitcher to K 20 batters
    I miss igotid88
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,710
    igotid88 said:

Max Scherzer becomes the 4th pitcher to K 20 batters

just saw that, wow!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Red Sox offense kind of on fire.

Has anyone purchased a Topps Now card? Whatever exciting thing happens in a game, like someone hitting a game winning hr. or like today 20 strikeouts. They sell a card for it but for 24 hours only and that's it.
    http://www.topps.com/collectibles/trading-cards/topps-now.html
    I miss igotid88
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,710

igotid88 said:

cutz said:

Wobbie said:

cutz said:

Wobbie said:

gonna be interesting
    He grew up a Yankee fan.
    THIS changes EVERYTHING.
    is he from NY? image

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/5723878
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

igotid88 said:

cutz said:

Wobbie said:

cutz said:

Wobbie said:

gonna be interesting
    He grew up a Yankee fan.
    THIS changes EVERYTHING.
    is he from NY? image

Las Vegas. There's no MLB team there
    I miss igotid88
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Max scherzer ks 20. Throws only 23 balls.

Unbelievable.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

cutz said:

Wobbie said:

cutz said:

Wobbie said:

gonna be interesting
    He grew up a Yankee fan.
    THIS changes EVERYTHING.
    is he from NY? image

Las Vegas. There's no MLB team there
    I bet he's also a Cowboys fan...
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,365
    igotid88 said:

Has anyone purchased a Topps Now card? Whatever exciting thing happens in a game, like someone hitting a game winning hr. or like today 20 strikeouts. They sell a card for it but for 24 hours only and that's it.
    http://www.topps.com/collectibles/trading-cards/topps-now.html

That's a cool idea.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Put odor in the hall of fame now. My new favorite player