MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,719

I'm so loving the fact my team plays the Twinkies this weekend.

Then again, they had a terrible record against the 2013 Astros and have a history of being slump busting hares to tortoises so I'm not counting chickens before they hatch just yet.

Twins are awful. I watched all 3 games the white sox played against them. They have zero hitting. Going to be a long year for them.
    is joe mauer still playing for them?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,384
    This DBack uniforms....sheesh
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,855

Then again, they had a terrible record against the 2013 Astros and have a history of being slump busting hares to tortoises so I'm not counting chickens before they hatch just yet.

Twins are awful. I watched all 3 games the white sox played against them. They have zero hitting. Going to be a long year for them.
    yes.

well, duh. they're the fucking d-bags.....bought themselves a fraudulent WS, have no real fan base, basically ought to be contracted.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:

yes.

well, duh. they're the fucking d-bags.....bought themselves a fraudulent WS, have no real fan base, basically ought to be contracted.
    You hit it on the head. Here in AZ they are making this sich a big deal with the uni's. I hate them.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Orioles, you make me sad! Boohoo.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,821

Wobbie said:

yes.

You hit it on the head. Here in AZ they are making this sich a big deal with the uni's. I hate them.
    Wait, people actually like those new unis? Those are fucking awful. Almost as bad as that Jacksonville poster...
  • Wobbie said:

yes.

Wait, people actually like those new unis? Those are fucking awful. Almost as bad as that Jacksonville poster...
    I can't speak to how they are going over here. I never really saw people wearing the old jersey and have not seen 1 of the new ones on anyone. I imagine they are not selling well. Phoenix should not have 4 teams in general as right now you only see Cardinals gear on people. Before that they were all wearing Suns gear. AZ only supports winners which is why I agree with Wob that they should be contracted or moved.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Yay, Os! That was an interesting second inning. Who knew they could come back - I did!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,698
    Felix Hernandez has 34 starts where he has one 7 innings and given up 0 runs. And got a no-decision
    I miss igotid88
    Panda news:

"I'll tell you another anecdote. This is how concerned the Giants were when he played for them ... they would make special arrangements at the hotel the Giants were staying in to not allow him to order room service. They would tell the front desk management, 'If he calls down for room service at night after games, do not send anything to this room.' They went to great measures to try to cut down on those eating binges, and it would only work for a time because he would find someplace to get food."

Snackers gonna snack.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,742
    Wobbie said:

Panda news:

"I'll tell you another anecdote. This is how concerned the Giants were when he played for them ... they would make special arrangements at the hotel the Giants were staying in to not allow him to order room service. They would tell the front desk management, 'If he calls down for room service at night after games, do not send anything to this room.' They went to great measures to try to cut down on those eating binges, and it would only work for a time because he would find someplace to get food."

Snackers gonna snack.

HAHA>That's how he's on the DL now as he hurt his "shoulder" lifting his arm up to eat>LOL!!

Os lost. I'm sad. :(
    edited April 2016
    Jessica Mendoza is full time on Sunday nights now?
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • Hey they announced that last year I thought...
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

Hey they announced that last year I thought...

I thought she was just replacing Schilling while he was suspended
    www.myspace.com
  • May be alone but I cannot stand Schilling. He is annoying. (The whole Bloody Sock was annoying too but he did have a heck of a career. Now I just want him to go away.)

I do laugh at his tweets they show on TV or other spots sometimes. (I don't tweet or facetard) Don't agree with him on his extreme views, but they make me laugh nonetheless.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383

May be alone but I cannot stand Schilling. He is annoying. (The whole Bloody Sock was annoying too but he did have a heck of a career. Now I just want him to go away.)

I do laugh at his tweets they show on TV or other spots sometimes. (I don't tweet or facetard) Don't agree with him on his extreme views, but they make me laugh nonetheless.

Maybe he can fail miserably AGAIN at running a business.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

May be alone but I cannot stand Schilling. He is annoying. (The whole Bloody Sock was annoying too but he did have a heck of a career. Now I just want him to go away.)

can't imagine why espn wouldn't want him on their airwaves
    imageimage
  • What if the guy cuts off his junk as part of a transition. Wonder what Curt The Magnificent would think of that.

More holier than thou bullshit that nobody needs. (If you get fired from ESPN you have to really put crap out there heavily.)

Again, that tweet makes me laugh. The picture is ridiculous, and his commentary is also laughable.
    You're not alone....no one likes that ass.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I'm looking forward to tonight's Os game. Two days off and I feel like an unmoored ship. I'm going to knit, I'm going to listen to the game on the radio, I'm going to forget that I am unemployed, and I'm going to enjoy life. Yay, me! Yay, Os!
    I suppose, in that division, the O's are the least of the evils :lol:

as a Giants fan, I like their colors.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,698

you're not alone
    I miss igotid88
    Ms. Haiku said:

I'm looking forward to tonight's Os game. Two days off and I feel like an unmoored ship. I'm going to knit, I'm going to listen to the game on the radio, I'm going to forget that I am unemployed, and I'm going to enjoy life. Yay, me! Yay, Os!

This is awesome. You are a great American Ms. Haiku
    www.myspace.com
    Os have home run power, but home runs don't win games, eh?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Schilling fired. Just in time to become trump's VP

Schilling fired. Just in time to become trump's VP

Easy....I don't think he's that nuts. In fact I believe I've seen comments from him criticizing Trump.
    www.myspace.com
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Manfred quoted as saying expansion to 32 teams inevitable. Not a fan. If anything contact to 28 and get rid of fl, tb or az. Have 4 - 7 tm divisions and 2 wc's in each league that could be from same division. We don't need more teams.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    Os won yesterday, joy joy joy!