MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    What they did 5 years ago, 2 years ago, or even last year is irrelevant. Seriously, half of last year's team is gone.
  • Ok mister knows this team so well, tell me exactly who left? Without looking it up. I will give you Sandoval since it is obvious. Who else makes up this half of the team gone? There are a couple more but lets see what you know.

And of course a Cubs fan will say what happened in the past doesn't matter. 100 years says it does matter. Even a broken clock is right twice a day yet the Cubs always fuck it up.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861

Rumors are starting Giants may be trying to get Fowler from the Cubs to help with the Outfield injuries. Fowler can play CF at least at a average level so he can take over for Pagan. I don't know if the Cubs would be willing to do it but Fowler cleared waivers so he is eligible to be traded.

I'd just as soon they write off the season.....the leake deal already has a beltran V 2.0 feel to it....I think there are too many injuries to overcome.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

Eat shit, haters! I thought everyone here ate, breathed, & slept whatever Eddie Vedder likes or dislikes, and he's a Cubs fan. So :tongue::tongue::tongue: to you all!

I'm not a big fan of Corona beer, either.....or of Mudhoney.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    imalive said:

Eat shit, haters! I thought everyone here ate, breathed, & slept whatever Eddie Vedder likes or dislikes, and he's a Cubs fan. So :tongue::tongue::tongue: to you all!

I'm not a big fan of Corona beer, either.....or of Mudhoney.
    I can back you on both of those things!
    when did the royals change from being lovable underdogs into being assholes?

also, gotta love where the "order our rings" nationals are sitting, right now.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    imalive said:

Phenomenal with Papelbon going there.

imalive said:

Phenomenal with Papelbon going there.
    That's what happens when you fuck with club house chemistry.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    imalive said:

They should never have shut Strasburg down 2 years ago. Or 3. Whenever it was. Idk & Idc!
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    edited August 2015
    Giants got Marlon Byrd from Reds. They didn't give up shit for him so ok I guess.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

imalive said:

They should never have shut Strasburg down 2 years ago. Or 3. Whenever it was. Idk & Idc!
    Why not?
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,701
    edited August 2015

imalive said:

Why not?
    Because they had a good chance in the playoffs if he was playing. They announced that he won't pitch in the playoffs. There were a lot of people confused by the decision. He ended up having Tommy John surgery anyway
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,725
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • pretty sweet homer! (Good thing they kept him in the minors for so long)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,725
    edited August 2015
    jeez another no hitter this year?

5th one this year! image
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Yoenis Cespedes got me 43 points today. 5-6 with 3 homeuns, a double, a single, 7 rbis, and 15 total bases.
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    A kid at the little league world series struck out 16 batters over 5 innings.
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/wilkinson-fans-16-but-canada-falls-to-mexico/

They are actually 3 games back in the loss column and the giants will be lucky to be within 7 games of the cubs after their next 5 series. They don't play a team under .500 for the next month.

And you say this with 100 years of proof on how the Cubbies can close a season out. 3 in 5 sucker. I would trust the Giants a hell of a lot more in these last 40 games than the lovable losers, emphasis on losers.
    5 games back now.
  • The last 4 weeks the Giants get the Rockies, Reds, Padres, A's, D-Backs and one 4 game set with the D*dgers. There is a 3 game set between the Cubs and Giants in San Fran with MadBum getting to picth this time. After that series if the Cubs can take it I will give them so credit. If they lose it and the Giants start that run while the Cubs get a lot of games with Pitt and STL then this is on like Pong.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    Josh Donaldson for MVP and Prime Minister! I'll say it now as we are a 1/2 game back of the Yanks at this point. Division title, League title and World Series for the Jays....next year too, everyone but Price is locked up for next year.
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • The last 4 weeks the Giants get the Rockies, Reds, Padres, A's, D-Backs and one 4 game set with the D*dgers. There is a 3 game set between the Cubs and Giants in San Fran with MadBum getting to picth this time. After that series if the Cubs can take it I will give them so credit. If they lose it and the Giants start that run while the Cubs get a lot of games with Pitt and STL then this is on like Pong.

Cubs 70-51
    Giants 66-57

Cubs go 21-20 the rest of the way they finish 91-71

Giants would have to go 25-14 the rest of the way. In other words your boys have to play the next 39 games, 11 games over .500, for a tie.

Good Luck with that!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • 25-14 is tough but do-able when you get to play the worst teams in baseball (Col, Oak and Cin). This Cubs series in SF is the test if they have a shot at the WC. The D*dgers suck right now so they are more likely target to take down.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • 25-14 is tough but do-able when you get to play the worst teams in baseball (Col, Oak and Cin). This Cubs series in SF is the test if they have a shot at the WC. The D*dgers suck right now so they are more likely target to take down.

Cubs have plenty of games left with the Cardinals and Pirates. Its tough, no doubt. Should be a fun 6 weeks.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    All I'm saying is the giants have to get through the next few series before hitting that stretch of sub .500 teams. The Cubs are 21-4 in the past 25 games. They will definitely slide some. And honestly, it would not surprise me to see the giants catch them.

I've said it all year. Next year will be the year I expect big things from them.
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635

Should be a fun 6 weeks.

And when your team is winning, it's the most wonderful time of the year!

Nice shirt.

All I'm saying is the giants have to get through the next few series before hitting that stretch of sub .500 teams. The Cubs are 21-4 in the past 25 games. They will definitely slide some. And honestly, it would not surprise me to see the giants catch them.

I've said it all year. Next year will be the year I expect big things from them.

fuck a bunch of wildcard....we need the NL West....as crappy as the d**gers have been playing, we should be in first....but we're not setting the world on fire, either.

glad to see Leake looks good to go.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,701
    tough loss for the Dodgers and Kershaw. no bullpen
    I miss igotid88
    imalive said:

fuck a bunch of wildcard....we need the NL West....as crappy as the d**gers have been playing, we should be in first....but we're not setting the world on fire, either.

glad to see Leake looks good to go.
    Yes, it looks like you will need to win the west. But you play the Dodgers enough to have a chance.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    igotid88 said:

tough loss for the Dodgers and Kershaw. no bullpen

what's that noise? wait.....it's the world's smallest violin.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16