MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861

igotid88 said:

<

Screw you guys! At least when my Cubbies finally win one, it will actually be the best thing since sliced bread. How many of ya can say that?!?!

people from philadelphia.
    you guys won in 2008
    and the bulls won 6 championships in the 90's, white sox won recently and so did the blackhawks. I hate when people of certain teams claim they are tortured fans despite the fact that other teams in their city have won plenty. yeah we got one in '08.....but nothing the previous 25 years and 7 years since. '08 is the only one in my lifetime, of all 4 major sports i'm old enough to remember (and i'm pushing 40 damn it!)
    :bawling: poor juggler
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,404
    imalive said:

igotid88 said:

<

Screw you guys! At least when my Cubbies finally win one, it will actually be the best thing since sliced bread. How many of ya can say that?!?!

you guys won in 2008
    and the bulls won 6 championships in the 90's, white sox won recently and so did the blackhawks. I hate when people of certain teams claim they are tortured fans despite the fact that other teams in their city have won plenty. yeah we got one in '08.....but nothing the previous 25 years and 7 years since. '08 is the only one in my lifetime, of all 4 major sports i'm old enough to remember (and i'm pushing 40 damn it!)
    :bawling: poor juggler
    the struggle is real.
    www.myspace.com
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    edited August 2015

igotid88 said:

<

you guys won in 2008
    . Just because I live in a 2 sports team city, doesn't mean I'm not a tortured fan being that I root for the mets and Islanders. You think I'm gonna beam with pride the fact the Yankees have won all those championship or the Rangers I mean Oilers won the cup in 94? Shit I was so happy to see the Yankees choke in 01 against the Dbacks and then again in 03 against the Marlins. I can't stand the smug attitude of Yankees fans who are 30 and under and don't have a clue about the Yankees not making the playoffs for all those years before the 95 season or the fact the stadium was a ghost town for most of the 80's. If they never ever win another world series, I'd be the happiest person alive. I hope they choke away the division and the Blue Jays fly right on by them.

Oh and lastly, damn my rotation is lights out and the view from on top is so damn fucking sweet :grin:
    Post edited by Gary Carter on
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

igotid88 said:

<

you guys won in 2008
    . Just because I live in a 2 sports team city, doesn't mean I'm not a tortured fan being that I root for the mets and Islanders. You think I'm gonna beam with pride the fact the Yankees have won all those championship or the Rangers I mean Oilers won the cup in 94? Shit I was so happy to see the Yankees choke in 01 against the Dbacks and then again in 03 against the Marlins. I can't stand the smug attitude of Yankees fans who are 30 and under and don't have a clue about the Yankees not making the playoffs for all those years before the 95 season or the fact the stadium was a ghost town for most of the 80's. If they never ever win another world series, I'd be the happiest person alive. I hope they choke away the division and the Blue Jays fly right on by them.

Oh and lastly, damn my rotation is lights out and the view from on top is so damn fucking sweet :grin:
    ....you could root for the Cowboys
    www.myspace.com
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    I'm not a Bulls or Bears fan. And as a Cubs fan, I'm not happy for the White Sox. The Blackhawks are all I have to hold onto. And even before their recent dynasty began, they held the longest drought in the NHL. So yeah, I've been tortured.
    My Indiana Pacers have not won an NBA Championship ever, have only made one appearance in the Finals, and I wasn't alive in their ABA days.
    As for the NFL, that whole league can go bankrupt for all I care.

I'm not a Bulls or Bears fan. And as a Cubs fan, I'm not happy for the White Sox. The Blackhawks are all I have to hold onto. And even before their recent dynasty began, they held the longest drought in the NHL. So yeah, I've been tortured.
    My Indiana Pacers have not won an NBA Championship ever, have only made one appearance in the Finals, and I wasn't alive in their ABA days.

Out of curiosity, how are you a Pacers fan?
    www.myspace.com

Out of curiosity, how are you a Pacers fan?
    I wanted to like the Bulls since I was already a Cubs & Blackhawks fan, but I never liked Jordan. Yes, he's the GOAT, but he's kind of a dick. I liked Larry Bird & had one of those Tiger handheld Jordan vs Bird games - always played as Bird. But I didn't really like the Celtics. Bird was from Indiana, where I had family. Indianapolis was the first "big" city I ever visited as a kid (grew up & still live in the rural mountains of Maryland).
    One night I'm watching a Pacers/Bulls game, watching this kid Reggie Miller get in Jordan's face, shooting threes like a mofo. They were jawing back & forth and MJ hauled off & sucker punched Miller. Reggie was ejected. Post-game interview, they asked Miller if they thought they ejected the right person and without hesitation he said "Well yeah. They kick him out, half the damn stadium would've left." I knew then that was my guy, and that was my team.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,415

igotid88 said:

<

you guys won in 2008
    well said sir. i went from age 15 to age 40 between championships in 4 major sports. f chicago and their fans. zero sympathy for them. Only Cleveland comes close but they only have 3 sports.

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,821
    pjhawks said:

igotid88 said:

<

you guys won in 2008
    well said sir. i went from age 15 to age 40 between championships in 4 major sports. f chicago and their fans. zero sympathy for them. Only Cleveland comes close but they only have 3 sports.

Yeah I don't think Chicago fans can really be categorized as "tortured". I guess Cubs fan specifically can be considered tortured, but this city as a whole has been pretty damn successful in sports the past 25 years with the Bulls, Blackhawks, and White Sox. All I need is a Bears super bowl win and my sports fandom will be complete. Being 3 years old when the Bears won in '85 doesn't count.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,236
    STL all the way to October baby!!
    www.cluthelee.com

igotid88 said:

<

you guys won in 2008

haha aren't you cute using the same old tired line. You need a new gimmick in the worst way, just messing. I'd trade those 3 super bowl rings in a heartbeat just for one mets and one islanders championship in heartbeat and then I can die a happy person.

igotid88 said:

<

you guys won in 2008

haha aren't you cute using the same old tired line. You need a new gimmick in the worst way, just messing. I'd trade those 3 super bowl rings in a heartbeat just for one mets and one islanders championship in heartbeat and then I can die a happy person.

There's nothing tired about it. It's timeless and still holds true today.

And I'd trade the Cowboys rings for something else in a heartbeat too. We agree!
    www.myspace.com

igotid88 said:

<

you guys won in 2008

There's nothing tired about it. It's timeless and still holds true today.

And I'd trade the Cowboys rings for something else in a heartbeat too. We agree!
    No shit it's true, but it's old, least say Dez caught it, that sting a bit more, lol.

Haha now that's a good one

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,725
    So last night was the first time in MLB history that all 15 home teams won in the same day image
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Long way to go but IF it's ny la and stl chi in the nlds who gets primetime billing? Id assume any alds matchups would take the day games, especially if tor makes it. My guess is the fri and mon when there could be 4 lds games is the nl games get primetime. Chi stl the 5 ct start if its ny @ la or if its la @ ny then chi stl gets the late game 830ish ct.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    pureoc said:

Long way to go but IF it's ny la and stl chi in the nlds who gets primetime billing? Id assume any alds matchups would take the day games, especially if tor makes it. My guess is the fri and mon when there could be 4 lds games is the nl games get primetime. Chi stl the 5 ct start if its ny @ la or if its la @ ny then chi stl gets the late game 830ish ct.

fuck LA.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    p.s. if chicago and pittsburgh are the WCs, I don't see chicago winning that game.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    nice half a crowd at chavez latrine today.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Damn, boston
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    ASTROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    imalive said:

p.s. if chicago and pittsburgh are the WCs, I don't see chicago winning that game.

thank you.
    www.myspace.com
  • imalive said:

Hopefully Shittsburgh chokes it. Cannot stand them. Would root for the Baby Bears over the Bucs.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661

imalive said:

thank you.
    Gerrit Cole vs Lester or arrieta in a one game playoff? Don't think Pitt would run away with that.
  • Slow down the putting the Cubs into the playoff game. Giants are sitting 2 back from the second wild card spot. Giants are only 2 back of the D*dgers and if they were to catch them the D*dgers would be in that mix for that second spot as well.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    edited August 2015
    They are actually 3 games back in the loss column and the giants will be lucky to be within 7 games of the cubs after their next 5 series. They don't play a team under .500 for the next month.
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • They are actually 3 games back in the loss column and the giants will be lucky to be within 7 games of the cubs after their next 5 series. They don't play a team under .500 for the next month.

And you say this with 100 years of proof on how the Cubbies can close a season out. 3 in 5 sucker. I would trust the Giants a hell of a lot more in these last 40 games than the lovable losers, emphasis on losers.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

They are actually 3 games back in the loss column and the giants will be lucky to be within 7 games of the cubs after their next 5 series. They don't play a team under .500 for the next month.

And you say this with 100 years of proof on how the Cubbies can close a season out. 3 in 5 sucker. I would trust the Giants a hell of a lot more in these last 40 games than the lovable losers, emphasis on losers.
    hey, ani....didja hear? our entire fucking outfield is on the DL.

them and leake and panik and lincecum.

but I do agree....fuck the "lovable" losers :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Eat shit, haters! I thought everyone here ate, breathed, & slept whatever Eddie Vedder likes or dislikes, and he's a Cubs fan. So :tongue::tongue::tongue: to you all!
  • I dont hate the baby bears in general. As a Redlegs fan I didnt like them when Dirty was the manager and they were good...but I like Joe Maddon and the young kids they have there. I am sure if they get over the hump and actually win this that I will dislike them a lot more, sharing a division with them. There is enough for us to hate on w/the Cards being as awesome as they have been.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Rumors are starting Giants may be trying to get Fowler from the Cubs to help with the Outfield injuries. Fowler can play CF at least at a average level so he can take over for Pagan. I don't know if the Cubs would be willing to do it but Fowler cleared waivers so he is eligible to be traded.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle