MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861
    igotid88 said:

imalive said:

with 60 to go, here's my take on the playoffs:

yankees - have no fucking idea how they're doing it. I can't see them going far with that pitching.
    toronto - might just be a WC team that could win it all.
    KC - supposedly the best team in the AL, but I don't see lightning striking twice for them.
    astros - I LOVE this team and would love to see them in the WS...they are definitely all in...I do wonder about their lack of experience.
    angels - fuck them...astros are their daddy.
    whoever gets the second WC - other than baltimore, no shot.

nats - definitely have the talent. outside of scherzer, tho, has the pitching been all it was expected to be?
    cardinals - can never be counted out.
    pirates - might be due in their 3rd straight postseason.
    cubs - no.
    dodgers - a toxic clubhouse with a doofus for a manager. I can only see latos making the clubhouse worse. these guys play for themselves.
    giants - see: cardinals

why is he a doofus?
    I realize he's a yankee legend, but he's a shit major league manager. Bochy has schooled him, numerous times.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    When it comes to the Cubs I side with history. They have no chance.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,702
    edited August 2015
    imalive said:

igotid88 said:

imalive said:

yankees - have no fucking idea how they're doing it. I can't see them going far with that pitching.
    KC - supposedly the best team in the AL, but I don't see lightning striking twice for them.
    astros - I LOVE this team and would love to see them in the WS...they are definitely all in...I do wonder about their lack of experience.

nats - definitely have the talent. outside of scherzer, tho, has the pitching been all it was expected to be?
    cubs - no.
    dodgers - a toxic clubhouse with a doofus for a manager. I can only see latos making the clubhouse worse. these guys play for themselves.

why is he a doofus?
    I realize he's a yankee legend, but he's a shit major league manager. Bochy has schooled him, numerous times.

I don't get how he's a shit manager? He's basically has a first place team with only 2 good starters and an average bullpen. Managers are only as good as your players perform. And Bochy has years more experience in the NL. Mattingly is mostly an AL guy. So he's doing just fine.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

imalive said:

igotid88 said:

imalive said:

cubs - no.

why is he a doofus?

I don't get how he's a shit manager? He's basically has a first place team with only 2 good starters and an average bullpen. Managers are only as good as your players perform. And Bochy has years more experience in the NL. Mattingly is mostly an AL guy. So he's doing just fine.
    most managers would kill for those two starters. giants have bummy and pray for rain. donnie boy has a huge payroll team and is somehow only .5 up on the G's.

he sucks.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited August 2015
    imalive said:

igotid88 said:

imalive said:

igotid88 said:

imalive said:

cubs - no.

why is he a doofus?

most managers would kill for those two starters. giants have bummy and pray for rain. donnie boy has a huge payroll team and is somehow only .5 up on the G's.

he sucks.
    payroll has nothing to do with how the players perform. As a Yankee fan i should know this. he obviously needs better luck with the challenges.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    Jays take first 2 of 4 from KC
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    igotid88 said:

imalive said:

igotid88 said:

imalive said:

igotid88 said:

imalive said:

cubs - no.

why is he a doofus?

he sucks.
    payroll has nothing to do with how the players perform. As a Yankee fan i should know this. he obviously needs better luck with the challenges.
    "better luck with the challenges"? he was a celebrity hire....like davey johnson and torre...d**gers are not that great an organization these days.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

igotid88 said:

imalive said:

igotid88 said:

imalive said:

igotid88 said:

imalive said:

cubs - no.

why is he a doofus?

he sucks.
    "better luck with the challenges"? he was a celebrity hire....like davey johnson and torre...d**gers are not that great an organization these days.

manager's challenge. It's a celebrity hire if he was home the last 10 years and they called him out of the blue. He was a coach with the Yankees and Dodgers. If George was still able to make decisions, Mattingly would be the Yankees manager. To have a winning every year you're the manager and 2 first place finishes (possibly 3) in 5 season. That's pretty good for a celebrity.
    I miss igotid88
    edited August 2015
    igotid88 said:

imalive said:

igotid88 said:

imalive said:

igotid88 said:

imalive said:

igotid88 said:

imalive said:

cubs - no.

why is he a doofus?

he sucks.

manager's challenge. It's a celebrity hire if he was home the last 10 years and they called him out of the blue. He was a coach with the Yankees and Dodgers. If George was still able to make decisions, Mattingly would be the Yankees manager. To have a winning every year you're the manager and 2 first place finishes (possibly 3) in 5 season. That's pretty good for a celebrity.
    we agree to disagree...I think they could have hired smarter...but as a Giants fan, I'm glad they didn't.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    igotid88 said:

imalive said:

igotid88 said:

imalive said:

igotid88 said:

imalive said:

igotid88 said:

imalive said:

cubs - no.

why is he a doofus?

he sucks.

I have said this 100 times but mattingly would have been a terrible hire at the time for the Yankees. No learning curve in New York and he needed one.

igotid88 said:

imalive said:

igotid88 said:

imalive said:

igotid88 said:

imalive said:

igotid88 said:

imalive said:

cubs - no.

why is he a doofus?

he sucks.

I have said this 100 times but mattingly would have been a terrible hire at the time for the Yankees. No learning curve in New York and he needed one.
    not saying you're right or wrong. But I doubt he would be that much worse.
    I miss igotid88
  • imalive said:

igotid88 said:

imalive said:

igotid88 said:

imalive said:

cubs - no.

why is he a doofus?

he sucks.
    Nice reference...your buddy Vin Scully would get it. (And me as well, apparently.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Hey, we have Leake now. Only need to over water the field 3 out of 5 and pray the field is unplayable.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    these biogenesis guys have mostly picked up where they left off. so, did they:

a) never need the stuff

or

b) find another source?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive said:

a) never need the stuff

or

b) find another source?

Found another source. Too much money involved that gives them the incentive to just look for another way.

Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Some didn't need it. Arod was still a hall of fame baseball player before steroids. So was bonds. They were greedy.
  • imalive said:

a) never need the stuff

or

b) find another source?

Found another source. Too much money involved that gives them the incentive to just look for another way.

Agree. Still on it.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,170

The Chicago Cubs last won the world series in 1908. Since then...

The first traffic light was installed in Cleveland.

The radio was invented

Haley's Comet has passed the earth...Twice!

The NBA, NFL, and NHL were formed, and the Chicago franchises have all won titles multiple times.

The US fought in World War I, World War II, Korean War, Vietnam War, Persian Gulf War, Iraq War, Afghanistan War

11 amendments have been added to the constitution

The Titanic was built, set sail, sank, and was re discovered

Wrigley Field was built and becomes the oldest park in the National League

Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Oklahoma and New Mexico were admitted to the Union

Man has reached the south pole

There has been 99 runnings of the Indianapolis 500

Women were first allowed to vote

The girl scouts were formed

The first antibiotics were discovered

Ford introduces and sells 15,000,000 model Ts.

Color film was invented

19 different men have been President

.....And the band RUSH has started a career in rock music/touring and just ended it a week ago.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Blah blah blah
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    let's go 'STROS!!!!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com

goat? :tired_face:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,170

Unlike Red Sox when they were winless in the WS at least they could get there once a decade. The Cubs on the other hasn't been able get to the Workd Series to give themselves a chance at winning it.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Screw you guys! At least when my Cubbies finally win one, it will actually be the best thing since sliced bread. How many of ya can say that?!?!
  • It broke my heart when the Sox finally won. (Red variety)
    Imagine those who hate on the cubs will feel the same way. So easy/much fun to torment their fans at any point in the season/their lives/etc
    For those of us who hated on the Sox it was simply "1918"
    A comeback that worked against anything a Sox fan had to say. Anything.

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    I just don't see the point in "hating" a team that hasn't been a threat in 70 years. What's the point? Why would anyone other than a Cards or WSox fan "hate" the Cubs?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    <

Screw you guys! At least when my Cubbies finally win one, it will actually be the best thing since sliced bread. How many of ya can say that?!?!

people from philadelphia.
    www.myspace.com

<

you guys won in 2008
    I miss igotid88
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    igotid88 said:

<

you guys won in 2008
    and the bulls won 6 championships in the 90's, white sox won recently and so did the blackhawks. I hate when people of certain teams claim they are tortured fans despite the fact that other teams in their city have won plenty. yeah we got one in '08.....but nothing the previous 25 years and 7 years since. '08 is the only one in my lifetime, of all 4 major sports i'm old enough to remember (and i'm pushing 40 damn it!)
    www.myspace.com