MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661

igotid88 said:

Mariners hire Edgar Martinez as hitting coach

Ought to be a good hire. But why wouldn't they let a stud hitter like martinez into the hall of fame?
    because he wasn't a stud anything else
    Yea, it was a sarcastic and rhetorical question for the pro DH people .
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,725
    Max Scherzer perfect thru 5 against the Phills.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    In the immortal words of Ron Simmons, DAMN!
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810

Tommy Lasorda in the blue at the Midland Loons game in MI. Sorry it's blurry I had to zoom way in.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    FoxyRedLa said:

Tommy Lasorda in the blue at the Midland Loons game in MI. Sorry it's blurry I had to zoom way in.

Hope no baseball bats flew his way

Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Ruh Roh, cards
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,170

http://www.springtrainingonline.com/nats-stros-spring-complex-a-go/

This is great news if they can truly build this complex on a former trash dump BY 2017. This place is less than from 15 minutes from where I now live. Hopefully the Sox will come cross coast and come and play there.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    The should have followed the D*dgers lead and built it here in AZ. Barely any rain outs plus the longest travel for teams is less than hour to get to games. Most games is a 20 -30 minute bus ride. It looks amazing though.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,170

The should have followed the D*dgers lead and built it here in AZ. Barely any rain outs plus the longest travel for teams is less than hour to get to games. Most games is a 20 -30 minute bus ride. It looks amazing though.

Maybe the Astros and the Nationsls should've built it in AZ. However, one of the draws for snowbirds and ST fans is the weather here in FLs winters is dry and cool. We hardly get any rainy days and if we do its short and the games carry on. Naturally I wanted them to come here due to how close it is to me and the Red Sox will play there as well instead of me driving cross coast to Fort Meyers.

Side note because the Nats are in the NL I secretly root for them having lived for so many years in the DC Metro area. Still a RSox at heart forever though.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861
    FoxyRedLa said:

too bad no one pushed that fat fuck over the railing.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Rizzo vs Bryant in HR derby finals. I'm calling it now.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,702
    How is Kershaw not on the NL All star pitching staff
    I miss igotid88
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    edited July 2015
    igotid88 said:

Cuz he blows this season. A more serious snub is how in hell Jake Arrieta isn't on the NL All-Star pitching staff.
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on

igotid88 said:

Cuz he blows this season. A more serious snub is how in hell Jake Arrieta isn't on the NL All-Star pitching staff.
    Leads the league in strikeouts, Under 3 e.r.a.
    I miss igotid88
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    edited July 2015
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

6-6 and his ERA was over 3 until they played the worst team in baseball today. Only 1 win in his last 5 starts (today vs Phils). More runs, earned runs, and home runs than all of last season, and not far behind in hits and walks.

I'm sure he'll level out, but thru half a season he's just not all-star material.
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

6-6 and his ERA was over 3 until they played the worst team in baseball today. Only 1 win in his last 5 starts (today vs Phils). More runs, earned runs, and home runs than all of last season, and not far behind in hits and walks.

I'm sure he'll level out, but thru half a season he's just not all-star material.
    there are guys with worse era that have a better record. Not like he was awful in those starts. He had a quality start in his last 9. His FIp is 2.5. Obviously if you're comparing to his past numbers they won't look good.
    I miss igotid88

igotid88 said:

You don't get to be an automatic all star because you were a stud LAST year. Arrieta should be on the team. I have a feeling he will get selected when one of the first 4 pitchers back out because of mystery injuries that only seem to last 3 days.
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

there are guys with worse era that have a better record. Not like he was awful in those starts. He had a quality start in his last 9. His FIp is 2.5. Obviously if you're comparing to his past numbers they won't look good.
    he's a d**ger; a Giant is picking the pitchers. Got it.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

igotid88 said:

You don't get to be an automatic all star because you were a stud LAST year. Arrieta should be on the team. I have a feeling he will get selected when one of the first 4 pitchers back out because of mystery injuries that only seem to last 3 days.
    a lot of all stars in the past got selected because of who they are
    I miss igotid88
    Not since the players started voting in most of the reserves. They have been voting for best start to the season the last couple all start games. It has lead to some questionable guys making it when you look back at the end of the season, Charlie Blackmon from last one as best example. Now the fans with starting position players is a differentthing. I wish they would let us vote on the starting pitcher as that would be fun. Do it the same as the last man in. A couple of days of voting once all the pitchers were nominated.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    edited July 2015
    Has there ever been this many future hall of famers in one all star game before? I think I heard 20 hall of famers were on the 1971 all star teams. You be the judge.

American league:
    Trout, Pujols, Donaldson,Altuve, Cabrera, Cruz, Cano, Machado,Fielder, Price, Hernandez, Scherzer, and Sale.

National League (which in my opinion has a much better team):
    McCutcheon, Harper, Goldie, Posey, Rizzo, Grienke, Stanton, Gordon, Molina, A.Gonzalez, Tulowitski, Bryant, Braun, Baumgartner, Chapman, Cole, DeGrom, Papelbon, Rosenthal, and Holliday.

Guys in italics are guys I think will be voted in. Other's are guys I think are automatic. I know that a couple of those guys have only been in the league a couple years and some are rookies. But if their careers pan out, there's a chance. Obviously, none of these guys are in yet and nothing is for sure. But it does make for good debate. Just think if all of these guys eventually do make the hall. That's 33 players in 1 game.
    Pete Rose is breaking out his new stand up routine in the pregame.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited July 2015
    Whats with the Giants hate. Did Rob piss you off?

If Bumgarner can get close to 200 wins he will be a 1st ballot HOF'er. Dude is 25, has 3 rings and sports the lowest world series ERA of any starting pitcher ever (.25). He is 4-0 with a save already. He has a pitching style that will age well so I would put him as a lock more than the other pitchers minus Kershaw who you didn't even list.

Posey is a lock if he can continue on without any more horrible injuries. He already has a MVP, Rookie of the Year and will be a lock for a .300 average and 20 HR's per year as he keeps going. As we start to learn more about pitch framing and respect that ability he should will get his dues even more. He is one of the best in the game at that ability.

Braun will never get in. He's a two time PED offender.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    tampa bay franchise four includes:

james shields (san diego)
    david price (detroit)
    ben zobrist

:lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

Has there ever been this many future hall of famers in one all star game before? I think I heard 20 hall of famers were on the 1971 all star teams. You be the judge.

American league:
    Trout, Pujols, Donaldson,Altuve, Cabrera, Cruz, Cano, Machado,Fielder, Price, Hernandez, Scherzer, and Sale.

McCutcheon, Harper, Goldie, Posey, Rizzo, Grienke, Stanton, Gordon, Molina, A.Gonzalez, Tulowitski, Bryant, Braun, Baumgartner, Chapman, Cole, DeGrom, Papelbon, Rosenthal, and Holliday.

Guys in italics are guys I think will be voted in. Other's are guys I think are automatic. I know that a couple of those guys have only been in the league a couple years and some are rookies. But if their careers pan out, there's a chance. Obviously, none of these guys are in yet and nothing is for sure. But it does make for good debate. Just think if all of these guys eventually do make the hall. That's 33 players in 1 game.

can I get some of what you're smoking??? I think maybe a third of your list gets in.

kris bryant has played 78 games and he's a HOFer :tired_face:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    this time it counts, you guys.
    www.myspace.com
    edited July 2015

Whats with the Giants hate. Did Rob piss you off?

If Bumgarner can get close to 200 wins he will be a 1st ballot HOF'er. Dude is 25, has 3 rings and sports the lowest world series ERA of any starting pitcher ever (.25). He is 4-0 with a save already. He has a pitching style that will age well so I would put him as a lock more than the other pitchers minus Kershaw who you didn't even list.

Posey is a lock if he can continue on without any more horrible injuries. He already has a MVP, Rookie of the Year and will be a lock for a .300 average and 20 HR's per year as he keeps going. As we start to learn more about pitch framing and respect that ability he should will get his dues even more. He is one of the best in the game at that ability.

Braun will never get in. He's a two time PED offender.

Are you talking to me? Because I included Madbum and Posey.
    imalive said:

American league:

can I get some of what you're smoking??? I think maybe a third of your list gets in.

kris bryant has played 78 games and he's a HOFer :tired_face:

And I didn't say he was a HoFer. I said I think if those guys careers pan out as expected, then they will get in. To deny that is just silly. It's obviously hypothetical and subjective right now. Many of the all stars are under 25, so to say any of them are hall of famers is ridiculous. Even trout. If he had a career ending injury sometime this year, he's not a hall of famer. But there's a good chance he won't have a career ending injury and most would agree he can trot into the hall after a 12 hear career on the path he's currently on.
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
    I mistook your itlaics system as opposite of what they meant. You were confusing and misleading. Its my way of putting blame for me not understanding on you.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    way to go, fucking greinke.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10