MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• I think they should suspect Tom Brady for 4 games because of this report.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,666
    shut them down
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    Is it really hacking if the guy doesn't change his password?
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,821
    Oh great....another sports cheating scandal. This shit is crazy.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    This is a huge deal. It looks like this guy, Luhnow, built a super smart database that is a big reason the Cardinals have been so successful in the past decade. And his database must work pretty good based on the Astros turnaround.

Were the Cardinals too lazy to observe what he was doing when he worked for them and now have to steal his plans now that he is gone? That is fucked up. Somebody is going to jail.
    I guess this database leaked last year per Deadspin ... and it revealed they rejected a trade for Giancarlo Stanton! Oops.

deadspin.com/leaked-10-months-of-the-houston-astros-internal-trade-1597951970

The Feds must have been working on this case since last July. This would be considered corporate espionage, correct?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Jason P said:

I guess this database leaked last year per Deadspin ... and it revealed they rejected a trade for Giancarlo Stanton! Oops.

deadspin.com/leaked-10-months-of-the-houston-astros-internal-trade-1597951970

The Feds must have been working on this case since last July. This would be considered corporate espionage, correct?

One would imagine, right? Regardless of how small it was. I can't wait to see this play out. Is there a punishment big enough?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861
    is this what's known as "The Cardinal Way"?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661

I think they should suspect Tom Brady for 4 games because of this report.
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:
    I can't even compare this to something that Bill Belichick would get caught doing, because Bill Belichick would not be stupid enough to commit corporate espionage from his own home computer.

And why would whoever did steal the info post in on the internet a year ago??? That's like shooting a flare gun from your front porch ...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,404
    Jason P said:

...great show, by the way
    www.myspace.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,236
    Jason P said:

This is a huge deal. It looks like this guy, Luhnow, built a super smart database that is a big reason the Cardinals have been so successful in the past decade. And his database must work pretty good based on the Astros turnaround.

Were the Cardinals too lazy to observe what he was doing when he worked for them and now have to steal his plans now that he is gone? That is fucked up. Somebody is going to jail.

Yeah, it doesn't explain anything there Sparky. Success is not one dimensional.
    www.cluthelee.com
    The best part of this is how defensive St Louis fans are going to get.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,415
    <

The best part of this is how defensive St Louis fans are going to get.

you mean they are going to act like Patriot fans?

crazy story though.
    I agree with Mike wilbon. This is corporate espionage. This would be the biggest scandel in the history of sports....

If it's true.
    As a Cub fan, fuck the cardinals. Fuckin cheaters. How many titles did they steal from us??

I agree with Mike wilbon. This is corporate espionage. This would be the biggest scandel in the history of sports....

If it's true.

1919 World Series?

If it's true.

1919 World Series?
    Ehh, I don't know. Corporate espionage..... Allegedly...

Shoeless Joe should be in the hall of fame.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,725

As a Cub fan, fuck the cardinals. Fuckin cheaters. How many titles did they steal from us??

:lol: I'm pretty sure they didn't need the Cards help for that.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861

they stole them from the reds, pirates and astros back in the day....not from the loser cubs.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    You guys just don't understand. There HAS to be a reason the cubs s lost every year.
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790

You guys just don't understand. There HAS to be a reason the cubs s lost every year.

Isnt them being the Cubs reason enough?

Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • You guys just don't understand. There HAS to be a reason the cubs s lost every year.

I thought it was the goat (oh-no) and old Mr Piss Hands, Moises Alou?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    edited June 2015

Isnt them being the Cubs reason enough?

I'm hearing a famous saying said by a some Wiseman here on the boards with a punk rock band as a name..... @$$#●£€
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on

Cub Titles? Is that a hypothetical question? May we also ponder on how many Smurfs that Tony LaRussa turned into gold while he was skipper of the Cards?

lol
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424

If it's true.

Did he really say that? What a fucking moron. Hilarious article from Bill Plaschke in the LA Times, too.

As hard as it is for me to admit, I'm starting to feel a little bit sorry for the reasonable Pats fans.