MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861
    DewieCox said:

I agree with Mike wilbon. This is corporate espionage. This would be the biggest scandel in the history of sports....

If it's true.

Did he really say that? What a fucking moron. Hilarious article from Bill Plaschke in the LA Times, too.

As hard as it is for me to admit, I'm starting to feel a little bit sorry for the reasonable Pats fans.
    said the cardinals fan :no_mouth:

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,415
    DewieCox said:

I agree with Mike wilbon. This is corporate espionage. This would be the biggest scandel in the history of sports....

If it's true.

Did he really say that? What a fucking moron. Hilarious article from Bill Plaschke in the LA Times, too.

As hard as it is for me to admit, I'm starting to feel a little bit sorry for the reasonable Pats fans.
    you've found one?
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    imalive said:

DewieCox said:

If it's true.

I'm not hiding my bias. Biggest sports scandal ever?? Get real...I can think of much bigger in the past year. Any speculation about any on field advantage is pretty wild at this point.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    DewieCox said:

imalive said:

DewieCox said:

If it's true.

I'm not hiding my bias. Biggest sports scandal ever?? Get real...I can think of much bigger in the past year. Any speculation about any on field advantage is pretty wild at this point.
    Current on field advantage no doubt. But the access to those trade rumors and communication is incredibly beneficial.
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    Just the idea of someone hacking into another teams system makes this one really, really bad.Who knows if this was done before and no one got caught or if this is the first but I'm willing to bet MLB will come down really hard on this one. Its no different than one team breaking into another ones HQ and stealing paper files on players. I don't think it did one bit of good for on field advantage but the Cards better go buy some lube as they are about to get bent over and take a stiff one if true.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    MLB has announced the cancellation of between 60 and 65 million ballots for the upcoming All-Star Game, mainly because it was going to be the Royals verses the National League All-Stars ... Basically, the match-up you would make when you wanted to kick the shit out of a team while playing R.B.I. Baseball on your N.E.S.

What the heck, Missouri? First St. Louis, now this?

• Jason P said:

MLB has announced the cancellation of between 60 and 65 million ballots for the upcoming All-Star Game, mainly because it was going to be the Royals verses the National League All-Stars ... Basically, the match-up you would make when you wanted to kick the shit out of a team while playing R.B.I. Baseball on your N.E.S.

RBI Baseball beer rules from back in the day.
    2 Runs equals opponent does 1 beer bong
    Home run equals opponent does 1 beer bong
    (Obviously a 2 run home run means opponent does a 2 beer beer bong. Grand Slam = 4 beer beer bong)

We used to play this before we went out as college idiots. Many, many times someone would puke Keystone Light before we went out. (Well, because the stomach can only handle so many beers in a short period of time.)

I loved RBI Baseball on NES>
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957

Jason P said:

(Obviously a 2 run home run means opponent does a 2 beer beer bong. Grand Slam = 4 beer beer bong)

We used to play this before we went out as college idiots. Many, many times someone would puke Keystone Light before we went out. (Well, because the stomach can only handle so many beers in a short period of time.)

Oh yes. Rickey Henderson was amazing. Beating out ground balls to second base and stealing as many bags as he wanted.
  • Jason P said:

Oh yes. Rickey Henderson was amazing. Beating out ground balls to second base and stealing as many bags as he wanted.
    Nolan Ryan and/or Roger Clemens just blowing people away.
    Tomy Armas and huge power? (Not sure if that was RBI 1 or RBI2.)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Tim Raines should be in the hall of fame based on his accomplishments in RBI Baseball alone from his actual career.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    DewieCox said:

imalive said:

DewieCox said:

If it's true.

It is a huge advantage and a huge scandal. To dismiss it the way you are is comparable to pats fans.
    Tengens rbi baseball is second only to super tecmo bowl on the NES. Andre Dawson was a beast for the NL all stars. 49 homeruns.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424

DewieCox said:

imalive said:

DewieCox said:

If it's true.

It is a huge advantage and a huge scandal. To dismiss it the way you are is comparable to pats fans.
    Jeffrey Luhnow disagrees.

Jason P said:

damn.....I was kind of hoping another royal would overtake mike trout.

I think there are still going to be too many undeserving royals.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    This is why to me the fan vote shouldn't be the final decision on starters. It should be 33% with the players and managers each getting 33%.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

This is why to me the fan vote shouldn't be the final decision on starters. It should be 33% with the players and managers each getting 33%.

If the all star game was still simply an exhibition game, I'm fine with the fans voting in whoever they want. But since bud Selig decided to make the game mean something, you pretty much have to take the fans out of the equation all together.
    Scherzer is perfect through 8. Dude has been out of this world good in his last few starts. I hope he can complete this perfect game.

Scherzer is perfect through 8. Dude has been out of this world good in his last few starts. I hope he can complete this perfect game.

bush league move by tabata.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,702
    1 broken bat single in the last 18 innings. The closest we've seen to back to back no hitters by the same pitcher
    I miss igotid88
    imalive said:

Na, I don't think so. It wasn't a strike. That's what your taught to do. Get on base.

imalive said:

Na, I don't think so. It wasn't a strike. That's what your taught to do. Get on base.

not when you're down 0-6 with 2 outs. 0-1, perhaps.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

imalive said:

Yeah fuck that. I hope he gets his uniform dirty tomorrow. Mlb has to crack down on those arm pads and leaning in

imalive said:

imalive said:

Yeah fuck that. I hope he gets his uniform dirty tomorrow. Mlb has to crack down on those arm pads and leaning in
    No way the league will crack down on PPE for the players. If they let Barry Bonds wear that brick wall on his elbow, they'll let the players wear anything. As far as cracking down kn leaning in, well, what he did was not against the rules. The pitch wasn't a strike.
    I thought the rule used to be you could only wear the protection if you had a previous injury you were protecting. Bonds used the elbow guard due to him shearing his triceps off his bone before that.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

imalive said:

imalive said:

No way the league will crack down on PPE for the players. If they let Barry Bonds wear that brick wall on his elbow, they'll let the players wear anything. As far as cracking down kn leaning in, well, what he did was not against the rules. The pitch wasn't a strike.
    bonds might have broken up the perfecto with a bomb, but not by leaning into a pitch :nuh_uh:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,702
    Mariners hire Edgar Martinez as hitting coach
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Ought to be a good hire. But why wouldn't they let a stud hitter like martinez into the hall of fame?
    Never change, baseball, never change

Terry Francona on Popsicle's.

“I had 17 the other night. No, that’s not a lie. They’re healthy, so if one’s good, 17’s gotta be real good. I woke up in the middle of the night and I was like borderline, like it was coming up. But I was so tired that I just laid there for about an hour and I was like, ‘Don’t throw up, don’t throw up, don’t throw up.’ I I should have got up and threw up. And then I woke up in the morning and I was like, ‘****’. So I started counting the sticks. They’re so good. Obviously I don’t get tired of them. They’re so ******** good.”

“Because Brandon took over nine boxes and there’s six in each box. There’s one box left. So I don’t know what I’m going to do tonight. They’re good, man. And they have them on the plane, too. When the lady comes by with a basket I just grab the basket like, ‘I’ll handle this.’
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405

igotid88 said:

Ought to be a good hire. But why wouldn't they let a stud hitter like martinez into the hall of fame?
    because he wasn't a stud anything else
    www.myspace.com