MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• imalive said:

sorry, inhiding....hate the angels; hate their fans (other than you).

Is there a team's fanbase that you do like you old curmudgeon you?
    I dont know about you Rob but I have always found the Brewers' fans to be OK. They have no real expectations as their team has sucked (and sucked horribly most years) for almost their entire existence. They have failed in both leagues and the people from WI are really nice people in general. (As long as you are not rooting for the Bears.)
    You have to feel badly for the Rangers and Astros fans as well --- they live in TX and their teams have been around forever without winning shit. Your Giants have won more in the past few years than they have forever.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861

imalive said:

sorry, inhiding....hate the angels; hate their fans (other than you).

Is there a team's fanbase that you do like you old curmudgeon you?
    "like" would be too strong of a word....I could probably tolerate pittsburgh's, minnesota's and both miami fans....that's about it other than smart Giants fans.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive said:

smart Giants fans.

norm said:

norm's two man crushes.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    I take offense to the Giants comment. We are smart enough to back the team with the most current dynasty going on after all.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    MLB Commish's thought on the DH ...

“Not having National League pitchers hit,” Manfred told reporters at Comerica Park, “would deprive us of the entertainment that Bartolo Colon has given us this year. It’s been a great source of entertainment for me. I don’t know about for the rest of you, but it has been for me.”
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    edited June 2015
    Jason P said:

MLB Commish's thought on the DH ...

“Not having National League pitchers hit,” Manfred told reporters at Comerica Park, “would deprive us of the entertainment that Bartolo Colon has given us this year. It’s been a great source of entertainment for me. I don’t know about for the rest of you, but it has been for me.”

No chance of the DH going to the NL any time soon. Which is a good thing.
    thank goodness I have my astros to get me through my giants losing streaks. fuck.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Hell yeah. Pat Venditte called up. Can't wait to see him get in a big league game.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,725
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    goddam, does vin scully ever shut up??????

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

Are you communist?
    imalive said:

I said the same thing the other day when MLB network was playing a dodger game. He was the only guy in the booth yapping. I don't care how good you are, someone else needs to be in there to break up the monotonous tone.

imalive said:

Are you communist?
    "here's so and so up to bat....so and so was born in bfe....he'll be 29 this november....called strike one.....so and so lettered in three sports at bfe high school....he married his high school sweetheart....outside for ball one...ya know, this guy kinda reminds me of campy back in '53 at ebbetts field....I remember one time, campy....low for ball two...legged out an infield hit and they look the same when they run...fouled off for strike two....man, don't the mountains look majestic tonight?....yesterday, you couldn't see them as well...so and so pitching had tommy john back in 2011 but he's really dealing tonight....oh, high for ball three....he really wanted that one....so and so steps out of the box...didja notice he doesn't wear batting gloves?...back in the box....slow roller to short...the throw to first...nice play, he's out....ya know, that kinda reminds me of pee wee back in '52....."

repeat 54 times.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    imalive said:

imalive said:

Are you communist?
    "here's so and so up to bat....so and so was born in bfe....he'll be 29 this november....called strike one.....so and so lettered in three sports at bfe high school....he married his high school sweetheart....outside for ball one...ya know, this guy kinda reminds me of campy back in '53 at ebbetts field....I remember one time, campy....low for ball two...legged out an infield hit and they look the same when they run...fouled off for strike two....man, don't the mountains look majestic tonight?....yesterday, you couldn't see them as well...so and so pitching had tommy john back in 2011 but he's really dealing tonight....oh, high for ball three....he really wanted that one....so and so steps out of the box...didja notice he doesn't wear batting gloves?...back in the box....slow roller to short...the throw to first...nice play, he's out....ya know, that kinda reminds me of pee wee back in '52....."

repeat 54 times.

All you needed to say was he calls the d*dgers games and I would have agreed with you. He is stuck in the days of radio when there was nothing but dead silence if he wasn't talking.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • When I used to live out there I couldnt stand the games on TV. Would turn the volume down -- it is horrid if you watch him repeat the same story about a player every game the Doyers play them every year...for years.
    "Pokey Reese is at second base for the Reds. Funny story about Pokey --- he grew up poor in South Carolina and used to steal flour from his mother's kitchen to make a ball field for he and his friends to play in. His mother would catch him and switch him and boy, did Pokey run quickly to get away from his mother! Maybe that is where he got the speed to help him get to the Major Leagues....ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha."
    Fifty fucking times over about five years. Wanted to shove shit down my ears to make sure I never heard those same stories over again.

No denying that Vin Scully is baseball and I love hearing an inning -- but he is so damn old at this point that he is well past it and it is very annoying.

Sorry to Doyers fans, I know you worship the guy. He has been great to the sport but I would rather listen to their radio broadcast 100x over.
    I love vin scully. I love a one man booth. Beats numbskull journey man as a color guy
  • I love vin scully. I love a one man booth. Beats numbskull journey man as a color guy

I can appreciate that stance for sure -- but I wonder how many people would still love Vin Scully if they listened to him 4-5 times a week.
    His voice is solid gold, no doubt about that.

I love vin scully. I love a one man booth. Beats numbskull journey man as a color guy

I kid.........somewhat.

yes, the dude has a soothing voice and at 103 years old is still better than 95% of the joe bucks, michael kays, etc out there.

problem is, his entire career has been tied to the most despicable team in baseball. for that, shut up Vin.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    For the first time in Bryce Harper's MLB career he is facing a pitcher younger than him with Jacob Lindgren coming in for the Yanks. Pretty wild
    I hate Torii Hunter
    edited June 2015

2 things. How have I never seen this? And how in the hell is this legal?

Technically, it's not. Umpires let this happen alot.
    How bout this guy? That's 2 different pictures. He throws 93+ with both arms.

How bout this guy? That's 2 different pictures. He throws 93+ with both arms.

Love pat venditte. Was in the Yankees system for around 6 years and followed him pretty closely

Dude throw high 90s and gets and extra foot or so. Seems like bullshit to me
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Astros are still going strong!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    edited June 2015

I could see that rule being addressed again in the future. Such a weird way to throw. I don't know how he controls it.

I could see that rule being addressed again in the future. Such a weird way to throw. I don't know how he controls it.
    Can they change it before tomorrow? I don't get how he gets so much gas on it either