TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Ban maple bats now!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,928
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Ban maple bats now!

+1 yeah that one guy from the Cubs got impaled with a shattered bat. Pretty scary especially if it goes in the stands.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,794
    Funny thing is - well, I shouldn't say funny - I've been saying since last season that it's crazy that no one's been impaled yet. I'm waiting for a splintered barrel to go flying towards a third baseman while he's trying to get the ball and take the wood right in the jugular. It's bound to happen.
  • Options
    Funny thing is - well, I shouldn't say funny - I've been saying since last season that it's crazy that no one's been impaled yet. I'm waiting for a splintered barrel to go flying towards a third baseman while he's trying to get the ball and take the wood right in the jugular. It's bound to happen.

It is insane how these maple bats splinter and helicopter like that. It is dangerous as hell and there are solutions out there like the bat glove that change nothing except safety. They have got to do something like this now.

Arod almost got hit with a splinterd back like that this year.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    still didn't see the video of this. definitely an issue though.

carlos ruiz got hit with a broken bat earlier in the year. missed some time with a concussion. like you guys have said, just a matter of time before a player, umpire, or fan gets severely injured or killed

it's always better to be proactive than reactive...in any facet of life
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    still didn't see the video of this. definitely an issue though.

carlos ruiz got hit with a broken bat earlier in the year. missed some time with a concussion. like you guys have said, just a matter of time before a player, umpire, or fan gets severely injured or killed

it's always better to be proactive than reactive...in any facet of life

Check out the picture in this

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/top-p ... e-bats.php

Not to be too dramatic but someone is going to die if this does not get fixed. A coach got hit in the face last year and it sliced him pretty good.
  • Options
    This site has been talking about the problem for a year or two.

http://itsaboutthemoney.net/
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This site has been talking about the problem for a year or two.

http://itsaboutthemoney.net/

yeah, it's definitely been discussed.

last year even my wife asked me why so many bats were breaking. she will watch parts of games, but she's far from a big sports fan.
  • Options
    ATL/PHI and TB/NYY tonight. good shit
  • Options
    Alright fellas. Prepare youself. I don't know if any of you read Fire Joe Morgan when it was around but it was a site that was dedicated to ripping horrible sports journalism. They would break down a column line by line and it was always funny. Smart guys, a couple of them are writers for the office and parks and rec. Well, they are having a renunion today at Deadspin and what was just posted is quite possibly the greatest thing I have ever read in my life, seriously.

http://deadspin.com/5644328/is-this-normal

If you read anything today, READ THIS! This is some really fucking strange shit. (What in bold is the actual article, non-bold is the response)
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Alright fellas. Prepare youself. I don't know if any of you read Fire Joe Morgan when it was around but it was a site that was dedicated to ripping horrible sports journalism. They would break down a column line by line and it was always funny. Smart guys, a couple of them are writers for the office and parks and rec. Well, they are having a renunion today at Deadspin and what was just posted is quite possibly the greatest thing I have ever read in my life, seriously.

If you read anything today, READ THIS! This is some really fucking strange shit. (What in bold is the actual article, non-bold is the response)

haha, awesome. love when people get ripped for saying 'we' about teams they root for.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

haha, awesome. love when people get ripped for saying 'we' about teams they root for.

Keep reading dude. Read the whole thing.
  • Options
    Hopefully I am not the only one who finds this incredibly hilarious and even more strange.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Keep reading dude. Read the whole thing.

I read it all. good shit. how do articles like that get approved? it was like something out of a college newspaper
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I read it all. good shit. how do articles like that get approved? it was like something out of a college newspaper

I have no idea but I have even less idea why Joe Morgan was strolling around the Reds clubhouse naked and a player slapped his ass. That shit boggles my mind. I also did not know he was a team executive.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I have no idea but I have even less idea why Joe Morgan was strolling around the Reds clubhouse naked and a player slapped his ass. That shit boggles my mind. I also did not know he was a team executive.

I didn't know he was an exec either.

I thought the part about mike leake and the bat was hilarious
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,472
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I have no idea but I have even less idea why Joe Morgan was strolling around the Reds clubhouse naked and a player slapped his ass. I also did not know he was a team executive.

That was awesome. I had to suppress laughing too loudly sitting here at my desk. :lol::lol: I don't watch Parks & Recreation enough.

Oh yeah, and Cincinnati deserves a winner because they outdraw the Padres - that was a good one too. Beautiful ballpark right downtown on the river, great team, and terrible attendance.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I have no idea but I have even less idea why Joe Morgan was strolling around the Reds clubhouse naked and a player slapped his ass. I also did not know he was a team executive.

That was awesome. I had to suppress laughing too loudly sitting here at my desk. :lol::lol: I don't watch Parks & Recreation enough.

I had to walk away from me desk. That entire concept is just so fucking strange to me.

Parks and Rec is great.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

:lol::lol:
    Because as the old saying goes: "We either figure out why Joe Morgan was walking around the Reds clubhouse naked together...or we die alone."

But in all seriousness: What the fuck was Joe Morgan doing walking around the Reds clubhouse with no pants on?

that's fucking hilarious :lol::lol:
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,307
    phils only a half game back from best record in baseball... :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Holy shit baseball needs to end. I swear the 2010 season started back in 2007.
  • Options

doesn't matter. just win their league. they've already got home field in the WS if they get there
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

doesn't matter. just win their league. they've already got home field in the WS if they get there

I kind of want best record too. Werth was talking about that and winning 100 games. I guess he doesn't realize he'll be riding some pine next week.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I kind of want best record too. Werth was talking about that and winning 100 games. I guess he doesn't realize he'll be riding some pine next week.

yeah definitely a cool thing to have the best record.

100 wins ain't happening though

best record probably wont happen either actually since we'll have shit locked down way before the rays or yanks do though.

GO. PHILS.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

best record probably wont happen either actually since we'll have shit locked down way before the rays or yanks do though.

GO. PHILS.

Yanks magic number to make the playoffs is lower than the Phillies I believe. I do think both the Yanks and Rays will be going for the division with Hamilton not looking good in Texas.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

GO. PHILS.

Yanks magic number to make the playoffs is lower than the Phillies I believe. I do think both the Yanks and Rays will be going for the division with Hamilton not looking good in Texas.

yeah i meant they will still be fighting for the division
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Is there a doubt in anyones mind that Jose Bautista is on something?
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

It looks weird, but it's too early to judge. He's passed all the tests, right? Maybe he just finally figured it all out.

• Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

It looks weird, but it's too early to judge. He's passed all the tests, right? Maybe he just finally figured it all out.

Yeah....59 career home runs in 1700 at bats, 50 home runs in around 500 at bats. Seems a bit strange to me. Definitely seems strange to me.