Comments

• Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    Magic Number = 10.
    :D

You guys going to get Hamilton back?

Intersting read the other day about how he is getting nervous about the celebration. I really feel for anyone with an addiction like that.

Not sure. He took some swings yesterday and reported pain. We just don't know yet.

And yeah, it must be tough to stay clean with everything that goes on in and around a baseball team. I am sure the Rangers will do something to accomodate him.

And on the tattoos, he regrets them.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Nationals are considering letting Harper play in the AFL, so much for not rushing him.

I don't think there's any harm in that. Not like he's a pitcher with an innings cap.

Have to admit that he is a guy I'm openly rooting against. Just seems like a gigantic d-bag

No? The kid has yet to play an inning of A ball and they are going to throw him out there against Double and Triple A players, pitchers specifically. Community college to the AFL is a huge jump.

good point. I know they have told him to tone down his act so his teammates don't get killed. maybe they want him to struggle a bit so he humbles himself.

Also, they may stick him in the OF so he can start learning a new position (this has been speculated, I'm not sure where the Nats plan to play him long term).
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,307
    YOUR philadelphia phillies now sit only 3 games out of the best record in baseball.

marathon...not a sprint, a baseball season is. anyone want to play us next month? :lol:

GO PHILS.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Nice run by the Astros to even be flirting with .500!!! hope next year is a better year....but it stings like crazy to be without Oswalt & Berkman.

yeah...sorry about that. ed wade teams typically perform like this though. makes a bunch of bad big name trades and then the team scrambles to put together a half way decent record by the end of the year. too little too late though is how they all end up.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Well the teams are decided in the AL it's just a question of who plays who and where. Rays/Yankees/Twins are all within a game of each other so this should be a lot of fun down the stretch!
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,796
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    Magic Number = 10.

Intersting read the other day about how he is getting nervous about the celebration. I really feel for anyone with an addiction like that.

Cliff, can you link where you read this? Because THAT is fucking funny. Okay, okay, I shouldn't find it funny, but I'm a dick.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    Magic Number = 10.

Cliff, can you link where you read this? Because THAT is fucking funny. Okay, okay, I shouldn't find it funny, but I'm a dick.

what a dick
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    fuckin Braves :evil:

don't even deserve the wild card if you lose series to the Pirates and Nationals in the midst of a divisional race in September.....
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,472
    fuckin Braves :evil:

don't even deserve the wild card if you lose series to the Pirates and Nationals in the midst of a divisional race in September.....

If they finish with the best record, they deserve it. As of now they still have it. However, their pitching has gotten real sketchy recently. i always thought that team would get skittish seeing the Fightins charge from behind.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

what a dick

I guess he'll be exploding a 2-liter of ginger ale. That's tough.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    that's just the frustration of the last 2 weeks coming through....obviously I want the a playoff spot, but the way they're playing right now sure doesn't give a lot of confidence in that
  • Options

what a dick

The worst thing that could happen for Josh Hamilton is winning a world championship. Ahhhh, good stuff.

His next O'Doul's is on me.
  • Options
    The worst thing that could happen for Josh Hamilton is winning a world championship. Ahhhh, good stuff.

Well, MLB teams celebrate winning everything this time of year. For me, the Division Series celebration should be cut out. All you did was win 3 games.

Making playoffs (culmination of a long season), winning pennant (best team in your league), and winning World Series are ok to celebrate.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options

Well, MLB teams celebrate winning everything this time of year. For me, the Division Series celebration should be cut out. All you did was win 3 games.

Making playoffs (culmination of a long season), winning pennant (best team in your league), and winning World Series are ok to celebrate.

I've thought about this, and while I think the celebrations can be a little over-the-top for a division series win, it's still the toughest sport to win in the playoffs. Any kind of success should be celebrated.
  • Options

what a dick

he plays the wrong sport. no alcoholic beverages of any kind are allowed in nfl locker rooms...including celebrations.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

he plays the wrong sport. no alcoholic beverages of any kind are allowed in nfl locker rooms...including celebrations.

Another reason I love baseball. Are managers, or players not active, still allowed to smoke in the dugout? I know Leyland and Fregosi were chimneys.
  • Options

Another reason I love baseball. Are managers, or players not active, still allowed to smoke in the dugout? I know Leyland and Fregosi were chimneys.

football's the only sport that has that rule.

not sure about the smoking thing.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    Magic Number = 10.

He was on the cover of ESPN Mag last month (worst magazine ever, but I get it with my insider subscription). didn't read the article, but that's prob where it was
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    The Fixer wrote:

He was on the cover of ESPN Mag last month (worst magazine ever, but I get it with my insider subscription). didn't read the article, but that's prob where it was

I will try and find it, been busy. Craig Calceterra linked to it the other day.
  • Options
    Ha! So Pat White signed a minor league deal with the Royals. Good stuff. That'd be cool to seem him make the majors.

Oh and here's a via via article concerning Hamilton.

“I’m going to have goggles on, duct tape over the mouth and either a wetsuit or raincoat,” he said. “It can’t get on your skin. It’ll soak through your skin."

HA!

http://www.sportressofblogitude.com/201 ... -division/
  • Options
    Yo, when the shit did Fuentes join the Twins? Did I miss something?
  • Options

couple weeks ago. his back is jacked up so he missed about a week. that team is playing really well. still not sold on their pitching for a playoff run
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

couple weeks ago. his back is jacked up so he missed about a week. that team is playing really well. still not sold on their pitching for a playoff run

I'm not that worried about the pitching. The Twins could very well have 5 starters with 10 or more wins pretty soon. Fuentes is really good at getting lefties out and Crain is carving all the right handers up. There are a lot of bullets in that bullpen.

How far the Twins go may very well depend on two things:

1) Securing home field advantage

2) Somehow getting Morneau back for the playoffs

If those things happen look out.
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm not that worried about the pitching. The Twins could very well have 5 starters with 10 or more wins pretty soon. Fuentes is really good at getting lefties out and Crain is carving all the right handers up. There are a lot of bullets in that bullpen.

How far the Twins go may very well depend on two things:

1) Securing home field advantage

2) Somehow getting Morneau back for the playoffs

If those things happen look out.

pitcher wins mean absolutely nothing.

any team that gets to face pavano in game 2 will be fighting at the bat rack
  • Options
    Breaking news.

Torre Out
    Mattingly Taking over

Best of luck Donnie Baseball
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Breaking news.

Torre Out
    Mattingly Taking over

good for him, but that might be the worst managerial job in baseball right now
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Breaking news.

Torre Out
    Mattingly Taking over

Yeah, it's brutal. The McCourts are a joke. Happy to see him get a shot though.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Breaking news.

Torre Out
    Mattingly Taking over

mets
    brewers
    marlins
    m's
    a's

teams that are all worse managerial job then the dodgers
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Breaking news.

Torre Out
    Mattingly Taking over

Selig was buddy-buddy was Frank McCourt and gave him the team despite there being several more deserving buyers. So sad we won't have the Dodgers to kick around in the playoffs this year.

• Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Selig was buddy-buddy was Frank McCourt and gave him the team despite there being several more deserving buyers. So sad we won't have the Dodgers to kick around in the playoffs this year.

I heard that the OMalleys wanna buy the team back.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940

I heard that the OMalleys wanna buy the team back.

why so they can move the team to another non baseball town

:P
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?