MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    The Fixer wrote:
    who are 4 and 5? rotation = 5 starters

Lohse and Westbrook....

I just find it hard to believe that a team comin off a WS victory and adding a strong Cy Young contender back into the mix doesn't get a spot. I get their bullpen came up huge, but how many of those other teams have 2 of the best starters in baseball along with someone like Garcia and the best pitching coach in baseball.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Boston pulled off a pretty damn good trade, guess they are serious about bard going to the rotation.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Who are the phillies 4th and 5th starters?

blanton and worley. not too impressive, but they have 3 of the 10 best pitchers in baseball in the top 3 spots
    DewieCox wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Lohse and Westbrook....

I just find it hard to believe that a team comin off a WS victory and adding a strong Cy Young contender back into the mix doesn't get a spot. I get their bullpen came up huge, but how many of those other teams have 2 of the best starters in baseball along with someone like Garcia and the best pitching coach in baseball.

I hear you. Wainwright is a beast, but he is coming off major surgery.

who knows? these lists are dumb anyway
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Boston pulled off a pretty damn good trade, guess they are serious about bard going to the rotation.

looks like kalish will be in RF. I like that dude a lot. and he's from NJ
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

blanton and worley. not too impressive, but they have 3 of the 10 best pitchers in baseball in the top 3 spots

Agreed, but thought it was kind of funny since the Phillies are running those two out there and you mentioned the 4th and 5th and they are in the top spot.

If Wainwright comes back healthy, they will be a top 10 staff easily. Gotta prove himself though.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Agreed, but thought it was kind of funny since the Phillies are running those two out there and you mentioned the 4th and 5th and they are in the top spot.

If Wainwright comes back healthy, they will be a top 10 staff easily. Gotta prove himself though.

yeah, that was pretty dumb of me.

I'm already looking forward to baseball season. Even though the phils offseason moves have been horrendous
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, that's what it seems like with the free agent market. Maybe being rushed a bit but he'll be good.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, that's what it seems like with the free agent market. Maybe being rushed a bit but he'll be good.

I thought he was good last year until he got hurt. reminds me of a poor man's trot nixon

I love the way he plays though...balls to the wall
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm already looking forward to baseball season. Even though the phils offseason moves have been horrendous

No doubt, I can't wait. Pitchers and catchers is right around the corner. I'm in the same boat, while the Yankees didn't overspend like you guys, their biggest move was resigning Freddy Garcia.
    The Fixer wrote:

I thought he was good last year until he got hurt. reminds me of a poor man's trot nixon

I love the way he plays though...balls to the wall

Yeah, well I fucking hate Trot Nixon so that about does it for me. haha. He'll be good though. Yeah, injury and the fact he was 21 or 22 caught up with im last year, I think. Just a question mark but I don't think losing Reddick is a big deal for Boston.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

No doubt, I can't wait. Pitchers and catchers is right around the corner. I'm in the same boat, while the Yankees didn't overspend like you guys, their biggest move was resigning Freddy Garcia.

posada's dad told reporters that his son has been talking to phils. gotta be kidding me
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

posada's dad told reporters that his son has been talking to phils. gotta be kidding me

That's fucking awesome. His dad should be his agent, dude is desperate to find his son a job. I think his dad means that Posadas agent called the Phillies asking of they wanted Posada. Posada is one of my favorite players ever but dude is desperate for a job.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861
    The Fixer wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

How can the Cardinals not be one of the top rotations? Carpenter/Wainright/Garcie is a pretty fuckin awesome top half if you ask me
    maybe Buster had them at #11 :? :lol:

so...even with Zito, we're still #4??? :?

the other day, I heard that even if zito can be a manageable #5 starter (a big "if"), he's still making about $16M more per year than the average #5 :lol: :x
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Albert Pujols' contract with the Angels guarantees the slugger $240 million over 10 years and includes a personal-services agreement worth at least $10 million, according to several Internet reports, the details of which were confirmed by a person familiar with the deal but not authorized to speak publicly about it.

The contract is heavily backloaded, which helped the Angels accommodate the five-year, $77.5-million deal for pitcher C.J. Wilson, and includes hefty milestone bonuses that could push the package's value to $260 million.

If Pujols, who amassed 2,073 hits and 445 home runs in 11 seasons in St. Louis, reaches 3,000 hits, a milestone he is on pace to hit in 2016 or 2017, he will receive a $3-million bonus.

If Pujols, who turns 32 in January, breaks Barry Bonds' home run record of 762 -- Pujols would need to average 32 homers a season over the life of the contract to do so -- he will receive an additional $7 million.

Pujols, whose deal includes a full no-trade clause, is to be paid $12 million next season, which will push the Angels' projected 2012 payroll to about $150 million, and $16 million in 2013.

Pujols' base pay will jump to $23 million in 2014, at which point it will increase by $1 million each season over the final seven years of the contract, concluding with a $30-million salary in 2021.
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_ ... ealed.html
    norm wrote:

If Pujols, who turns 32 in January, breaks Barry Bonds' home run record of 762 -- Pujols would need to average 32 homers a season over the life of the contract to do so -- he will receive an additional $7 million.
    not gonna happen :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    apparently atlanta and baltimore are close to a trade centering around adam jones and jair jurrjens

that would be a tremendous trade for atlanta. those bastards.

If DC signs prince this division is going to be real interesting. Phils definitely arent a sure thing to win it again
    Consensus seems to be that Larkin will be the only one to get in tonight. Thoughts? This Bagwell shit is annoying, the dude is being disqualified because of his fucking age essentially.
    edited January 2012
    The Fixer wrote:

If DC signs prince this division is going to be real interesting.
    interesting, yes.....except for the mets :lol:
    Post edited by Wobbie on

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Consensus seems to be that Larkin will be the only one to get in tonight. Thoughts? This Bagwell shit is annoying, the dude is being disqualified because of his fucking age essentially.
    you mean the age in which he played? :?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    When is Frank Thomas eligible? He is about as assumed clean as they're gonna get as far as HoF shoe-ins from that era. If he doesn't get in, I dunno how you can put anybody in.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I hope mcgwire, bonds, and clemens start getting more votes. They should all get in.

Only steriod guy I don't want to see is palmeiro. Douche and he wasn't good enough
    imalive wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    you mean the age in which he played? :?

Well yeah, that kind of goes hand in hand with his age. Writers just assume he was on roids because of when he played and his numbers without a single ounce of evidence. It's bullshit. If you don't want to vote for someone because of steroids, fine, but at least have some fucking evidence.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I hope mcgwire, bonds, and clemens start getting more votes. They should all get in.

Only steriod guy I don't want to see is palmeiro. Douche and he wasn't good enough

Agree completely. Palmeiro isn't a hall of famer as it is. All should be in.
    DewieCox wrote:
    When is Frank Thomas eligible? He is about as assumed clean as they're gonna get as far as HoF shoe-ins from that era. If he doesn't get in, I dunno how you can put anybody in.

Next year maybe. I think most of the steroid guys hit the ballot next year. Frank Thomas is a first ballot, no doubt.
    2 years/$14 mil for Coco Crisp, which is a raise over his last contract when he was fucking horrible. I don't get Billy Beane, he'll make great moves and terrible moves.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    2 years/$14 mil for Coco Crisp, which is a raise over his last contract when he was fucking horrible. I don't get Billy Beane, he'll make great moves and terrible moves.

I think the O's moving jones to atl was contingent on them signing crisp. so this is good news for the phils
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I think the O's moving jones to atl was contingent on them signing crisp. so this is good news for the phils

I meant to comment on when you said that earlier. That would have been a horrible trade. I also read that the O's were asking for Hanson and wouldn't do Jair/Prado
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Agree completely. Palmeiro isn't a hall of famer as it is. All should be in.

sosa shouldn't get in either. forgot about him.
    The Fixer wrote:

sosa shouldn't get in either. forgot about him.

Agreed, he is a complete fraud