MLB 2024 Post-Season

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    DewieCox wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    That's not that bad of a deal for the Card's. They've got plenty of offense.
    With Rasmus's current attitude and work ethic he's not far from his ceiling. I can't blame him for not wanting to listen to Mcgwire but he just doesn't seem to be totally into it. He seems like a cocky punk to me and that stems from watching him more than what people say about him. Doesn't seem like he's improved much in the 3 or so seasons he's been in the bigs.
    Maybe a change of scenery will make him blossom.

He hasn't gotten consistent playing time. larussa has jerked him in and out of the lineup for over a year now. it's fine if STL wanted to move him but they got a bag of shit in return

He's played 145 games the 1st 2 years and is on pace for close to the same this year and I'm pretty sure he had some mild injury early in the season. They got what they need and maybe a headache out of the clubhouse.

they need shitty players? that's a weird strategy
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,931
    metsfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    how good is this wheeler kid? are we talking front end of the rotation or back end of the rotation. course with the mets he'll end up as a bust. :lol::lol:

ranked as one of the top 30 prospects in all of baseball. That usually projects to a 1 or 2 starter.

Here's a pre-season scouting report from baseball america

Background: The Giants made Wheeler the sixth overall pick in the 2009 draft, the highest they've taken a pitcher since selecting Jason Grilli at No. 4 in 1997, and signed him for $3.3 million. It was a bad omen when he recorded only one out in his pro debut in April, as a persistent cracked-fingernail issue derailed his season. He did post a 3.27 ERA in his final five starts.

Scouting Report: With his size, broad shoulders and loose arm action, Wheeler has plenty of projection remaining. His cracked nail was a blessing in disguise because it forced him to take time out to work on smoothing out his mechanics. He got on a more direct line to the plate and cut down the effort in his delivery, allowing him to command the bottom of the strike zone much better. Wheeler threw an easy 94-97 mph fastball during instructional league with improved location. His changeup became functional toward the end of the season, and his breaking ball became tighter and more consistent. He can throw an overhand curveball but has had more success with a slurve. He did a lot of maturing on the mound in his first pro season and learned he can't strike out the world.

The Future: Wheeler remains an elite arm with room to grow. After a promising instructional league, he'll move up to high Class A if he competes well in spring training.
    thanks fixer

google Tim Alderson....and grilli, while you're at it. Wheeler could be the shit or could be just shit. you never know. for now, the giants have a somewhat proven quantity....with bad knees.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    wonder if the mcann injury means the braves will up the ante now...
    most definitely....they went all out and got backup C Wil Nieves for $1 to play for the AAA team :lol:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    PRL1JAM wrote:
    Hey guys, to be honest...All of the Rasmus talk about him not listening to his coaches is something I just started hearing about over the last week or so. Can someone fill me in real quick, as far as him not listening to Mcgwire, etc? I heard Larussa the other day say something along the lines of, "Rasmus doesn't listen to any of his coaches" and that was all I caught. So supposedly he only listens to his old man?

word here in toronto is that he's a good kid ... we got jose bautista, yuneel escobar and brett lawrie who all had similar reps coming into the organization ... bautista is basically the team captain now and escobar has been a steal ...

larussa is a bit controlling and if you get on his bad side - it's not good ... anyways, those that want to read the toronto side of the deal ... here it is ...

http://www.thestar.com/sports/baseball/ ... layer-deal

also ... good on AA for trading frasor to chicago ... class guy who didn't want to leave but got sent to his hometown ...
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    polaris_x wrote:
    larussa is a bit controlling and if you get on his bad side - it's not good ... anyways, those that want to read the toronto side of the deal ... here it is ...

LaRussa was on TV talking about how it wasn't because of him, and players are the ones who are important, blah blah. So, yeah, it was his fault.

Every neutral party thinks Toronto made a great trade.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    LaRussa was on TV talking about how it wasn't because of him, and players are the ones who are important, blah blah. So, yeah, it was his fault.

Every neutral party thinks Toronto made a great trade.

i like the chemistry of the team now ... team first guys ...
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,931
    polaris_x wrote:

larussa is a bit controlling and if you get on his bad side - it's not good
    "a bit"???? :shock:
    he's an ass.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,232
    you're going to be seeing more of these as the summer goes on about the Pirates, but this a really good one:

http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201 ... egone-bucs
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    you're going to be seeing more of these as the summer goes on about the Pirates, but this a really good one:

PIttsburgh is a terrible place to visit, but that park is tremendous
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:

if you know what you are doing, it's not. i enjoyed both my visits to the burgh
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

used to have pittsburgh as part of my sales territory. I have spent a lot of time there (used to spend a week there every month...not good times). Limited hotel options (which makes pittsburgh hotels surprisingly expensive compared to other cities in the NE), zero public transit or cabs, difficult to navigate by car (due to all the hills and bridges). People out there are nice, but the city sucks. PNC Park is awesome though
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    The Fixer wrote:

I guess, yeah....more than they need pain in the ass young guys that haven't proven anything but act like they're the shit.
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    The Fixer wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

He hasn't gotten consistent playing time. larussa has jerked him in and out of the lineup for over a year now. it's fine if STL wanted to move him but they got a bag of shit in return

He's played 145 games the 1st 2 years and is on pace for close to the same this year and I'm pretty sure he had some mild injury early in the season. They got what they need and maybe a headache out of the clubhouse.

The relievers they got are better than the ones they sent over to Toronto. Who would've thought the Jays bullpen could get worse.
    I have a feeling that the indians are about to do something really stupid at the deadline. they seem to be in on every rumor. doesn't make sense for them yet to trade for a big name. they have a nice young team, but they are still a year or two away from competing with bos, nyy, and tex.

I can feel it coming. They are gonna try to top the cards for dumbest move.
    please tell me someone else sees mitch williams tie on MLB network. hahaha
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    The Fixer wrote:

Didn't notice the tie, but I just watched him try(and fail) to snap a bat over his leg. Now that was funny.
    The Fixer wrote:

Didn't notice the tie, but I just watched him try(and fail) to snap a bat over his leg. Now that was funny.

yeah it was.

his tie looks like a kids tie. It barely comes down past his chest. the host was even busting his balls about it.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah it was.

his tie looks like a kids tie. It barely comes down past his chest. the host was even busting his balls about it.

Hmmm, sounds like Michael Irvin and the way he doesn't know how to tie a tie.
    Furcal to STL. Looks like bourn is going to atlanta.

24 hours left
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

lots of family on my wife's side went to college out there. they all loved it.
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

just a guess, but none of them live there now
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

just a guess, but none of them live there now

a couple of them do. i'm not a huge fan of pittsburgh but i've enjoyed myself the few times i've been out there.

my favorite moment as an athlete happened there so i've always had a lil fondness for that city. legion game at 3 rivers stadium back in 95 or so. went 2-2 with a double and 4 rbi...double missed being over the fence by about 4 feet. :x

i'm happy those fans have something to cheer about this year
    www.myspace.com

I could care less about pittsburgh, but their hatred for philly is pretty annoying. They definitely have an inferiority complex in western PA.

That city is the worst. I'd rather visit cleveland
    The Fixer wrote:

I could care less about pittsburgh. Their hatred for philly is pretty annoying though. They definitely have an inferiority complex in western PA.

they hate philly?

i've never really noticed that. only thing that really bugs me about pittsburgh is the steelers' fans. those are some annoying bastards (not referring to anyone on this board of course ;) ).........i am pretty envious about all their sb rings though.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

I could care less about pittsburgh. Their hatred for philly is pretty annoying though. They definitely have an inferiority complex in western PA.

they hate philly?

spend some time there. it's comical actually.

when we were there this summer for the phils series we hit permani brothers late night after one of the games. there were 6 of us in phils gear and the people at the counter refused to serve us until everyone else in the place got their food. we waited for close to an hour. those sandwiches are terrible too.

anyway, I've made my point. not a fan. I wouldn't be upset if I never set foot in that city ever again

I am pulling for the pirates though. for obvious reasons :D
    you should write the owners of permani brothers a strongly worded letter.
    www.myspace.com

not worth my time.

most of the people out there are nice. until you tell them you're from philly. I don't get it
    The Fixer wrote:

not worth my time.

most of the people out there are nice. until you tell them you're from philly. I don't get it

...do you think i am serious about the letter? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

not worth my time.

I wasn't sure. You've been off your game lately so I couldn't tell.

You ever hear about that book that seinfeld wrote with all the customer complaint letters? he used an alias...can't remember what it was. I read it a while ago. Funny as hell
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    not worth my time.

I wasn't sure. You've been off your game lately so I couldn't tell.

You ever hear about that book that seinfeld wrote with all the customer complaint letters? he used an alias...can't remember what it was. I read it a while ago. Funny as hell

i find it hilarious that you thought i was possibly serious. a letter :lol:

never heard of the book...sounds cool though. gotta google it
    www.myspace.com