MLB 2024 Post-Season

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    Anyone watching this mets/giants game on MLB network? Costas and michaels doing the game together. Werid as hell

Yeah, I kinda like it though. They had them rotating booths with the SF and NY telecast earlier.

I like hearing Michaels doing baseball again.

And there's no way that Wilson isn't on some kind of steroid.

Yeah, I agree about michaels doing baseball. I like him and costas a lot. I think I remember reading something about michaels being a diva. Apparently he's next to impossible to work with.

Whatever Wilson is on it makes him look and act like a d-bag
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    There's no denying the douchebag part.

Yeah, what I heard about Michaels working with Madden was that because he was so short he would stand on step-stools and the such to be the same height as Madden in close up shots. If you ever noticed they were the same height when Michaels was a short dude and Madden is a beast. So he's got that Napoleon complex I guess. Also, I've always come away thinking that US hockey call is what gave him a huge head. He always tell the story of it with so much smugness, like he invented the wheel or something. But, yeah, Costas and Michaels doing baseball reminds me being a kid and there was prime time games on the networks. I wish there was at least one national game a week on NBC or something like that.
    There's no denying the douchebag part.

Yeah, what I heard about Michaels working with Madden was that because he was so short he would stand on step-stools and the such to be the same height as Madden in close up shots. If you ever noticed they were the same height when Michaels was a short dude and Madden is a beast. So he's got that Napoleon complex I guess. Also, I've always come away thinking that US hockey call is what gave him a huge head. He always tell the story of it with so much smugness, like he invented the wheel or something. But, yeah, Costas and Michaels doing baseball reminds me being a kid and there was prime time games on the networks. I wish there was at least one national game a week on NBC or something like that.

RE: the hockey game...haha. I think he did the '86 WS too right?

If I was him I'd think I was the shit too. He's done some pretty big games.

Ah, theres Hendu taking donnie moore deep. Moore killed himself after that game. That's another classic.
    Yeah, that's true. It's not like he's not awesome. Yeah, he did that earthquake series too, so he gets a ton of exposure for that too.

I like Naked Gun when they have an ass load of commentators in the booth for the game - it's like Al Michaels, Vin Scully, Jim Palmer, Dick Enberg, Dick Vitale, Tim McCarver. And I'm sure I'm wrong about some of these, but you get the point, it was funny.
    Hamilton fouled a ball into the stands that hit a fan in the face.

That dude better keep his head on a swivel. At this rate he might get hit with an anvil falling out of the sky
    Jesus Christ. I'm starting to think that dude is cursed. Not to be funny, but this is the kinda shit that make a dude relapse.

On a positive note, I'm playing Streets of Rage 2 like a 12 year old.
    Jesus Christ. I'm starting to think that dude is cursed. Not to be funny, but this is the kinda shit that make a dude relapse.

On a positive note, I'm playing Streets of Rage 2 like a 12 year old.

yeah, hopefully he reacts well. crazy how bad his luck has been this week though. poor guy.

haha, you must really be bored.

just saw david ortiz trying to throw punches :lol: . That might have been the worst baseball fight ever. Looked like an NBA fight
    In lieu of the incident in Texas this week MLB is considering banning players from throwing balls into the stands. That sucks for kids
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    The Fixer wrote:
    In lieu of the incident in Texas this week MLB is considering banning players from throwing balls into the stands. That sucks for kids

They shouldn't ban it. Its one of the only ways the players can truly connect with the fans.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Flagg wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

They shouldn't ban it. Its one of the only ways the players can truly connect with the fans.

classic overreaction. that is stupid.
    www.myspace.com
    Flagg wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

classic overreaction. that is stupid.

And really, who's going to enforce it? This is like the rule that the batter isn't allowed to leave the batter box for an-bat. Rrrrrright.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    Bautista HR #'s 30 and 31 tonight

he had 24 at the All-Star break last year

he also plays top notch D at 2 positions

what a fucking awesome player he has become
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    smarchee wrote:

juice does a body good...
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    smarchee wrote:

no juice here
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    question about MLB rules:
    So a friend posed this question to me today: If a fielder fields a ball, has the ball in his glove but dives towards a bag for a force out but tags the bag with his non-glove hand, is the runner out?
    I figure yes, but cant recall ever seeing this happen.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • FearTheBeardFearTheBeard Posts: 666
    question about MLB rules:
    So a friend posed this question to me today: If a fielder fields a ball, has the ball in his glove but dives towards a bag for a force out but tags the bag with his non-glove hand, is the runner out?
    I figure yes, but cant recall ever seeing this happen.

I think hes out because of the force out. If it's a non force situation he needs to tag him with the ball.
  • FearTheBeardFearTheBeard Posts: 666
    My favorite part of this season is Philly fans calling Brian Wilson a douchebag after Howard watched that 3-2 pitch in the NLCS last season.

Maybe the Phillies should get their own douchebag!
    My favorite part of this season is Philly fans calling Brian Wilson a douchebag after Howard watched that 3-2 pitch in the NLCS last season.

the two have nothing to do with each other.

and you should look up who vance worley is. kind of a douche, but we like him.

YAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    www.myspace.com
    scott rolen is an all star.... :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    a little off-topic here...

as GREAT as the MLB network is, there is one show I cannot stand, and that is - intentional talk (because of Kevin Millar

This has nothing to do against the Red Sox (I am a Dodger fan, the only team I really dislike are the SF Giants), this has more to do with the individual himself. Numerous times I have watched the show and the guy acts like a jackass while conducting the interviews. It always seems like he tries to "steal the show" with his goofy one-liners, and corny sense of humor etc. I prefer a more serious interview when it comes to interviewing the athlete, so I guess it's just a matter of preference.
    PRL1JAM wrote:

as GREAT as the MLB network is, there is one show I cannot stand, and that is - intentional talk (because of Kevin Millar

This has nothing to do against the Red Sox (I am a Dodger fan, the only team I really dislike are the SF Giants), this has more to do with the individual himself. Numerous times I have watched the show and the guy acts like a jackass while conducting the interviews. It always seems like he tries to "steal the show" with his goofy one-liners, and corny sense of humor etc. I prefer a more serious interview when it comes to interviewing the athlete, so I guess it's just a matter of preference.

kevin millar is a douche bag for the ages.

gotta turn the channel when he's on.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    79 "all stars" this year with potentially more coming.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:

what a joke
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    The 81 wrote:

what a joke
    it is a joke. lincecum and wilson don't belong.....vogelsong, maybe, because he has had an awesome first half....cain, maybe.....and panda, probably maybe but he did miss a hell of a lot of time.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Despite the tragic day the other day, feeling really good about the Rangers. Going into the break on a 7-game win-streak which included two sweeps. 10 games over and 1.5 up on the Angels. Injured players are returning and it feels like they are finally starting to break this funk they have been in for the past month or so.

Seriously need some bullpen help though.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Jays should of swept Cleveland, if not for the bullpen implosion Thursday night

crowd was good with Go Jays Go battles with the Indian fans

maybe this rivalry should be reborn, it is 3 hours away unlike 13 hours or so playing Tampa how many times Toronto does
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    The 81 wrote:

what a joke

yep. reminiscient of the pro bowl...just not quite as bad

again, I don't know why people care. I could give two fucks about the all star game
    PRL1JAM wrote:

kevin millar is a douche bag for the ages.

gotta turn the channel when he's on.

anything with millar, plesac, or byrnes makes me want to change the channel. most of the guys on that channel are great, but those three are insufferable

the two have nothing to do with each other.

and you should look up who vance worley is. kind of a douche, but we like him.

YAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care if he plays for your team or not...if you can't recognize that brian wilson is a huge douchebag then I don't know what to tell you. other than you have issues
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    smarchee wrote:

Any good player who's not a Yankee must be juiced, of course.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16