MLB 2024 Post-Season

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Thats pretty impressive for the Rangers. Good for them. Neither of them are the kid I was hoping the Yanks would sign so thats good.

International market is so important for good teams with shitty draft picks.

Yep. I wonder if these huge bonuses have anything to do with the new CBA that needs to be negotiated. Maybe the rangers are banking on this process changing, which would justify the amount of money for these signings.

The phils never spend any money on the international guys. They are always in the bottom third of MLB. If they spend over a million it will be a lot for them :roll:
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,199
    metsfan wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:
    I say let the fans vote. It's an exhibition and the right guys generally get voted in.
    :lol::lol::lol:

Besides Jeter, which selections from this year are so off the wall? The fan vote pretty much nailed it, even recognizing Alex Avila. The starters are tight.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    pjl44 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:
    I say let the fans vote. It's an exhibition and the right guys generally get voted in.

Besides Jeter, which selections from this year are so off the wall? The fan vote pretty much nailed it, even recognizing Alex Avila. The starters are tight.
    josh hamilton being a starter when carlos quentin has much better numbers. why should someone that been out a half season be a starter or let alone be on the team?? if mlb whats to make this game truly count then don't have the starters be decided by popularity count.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    metsfan wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

josh hamilton being a starter when carlos quentin has much better numbers. why should someone that been out a half season be a starter or let alone be on the team?? if mlb whats to make this game truly count then don't have the starters be decided by popularity count.

mike schmidt was voted a starter at 3rd in 1989....a couple months after he retired. he hit .202 in 42 games that year.
    www.myspace.com

mike schmidt was voted a starter at 3rd in 1989....a couple months after he retired. he hit .202 in 42 games that year.
    but did the all star game count in 89, nope. see this is why i have a problem with the all star game and more so bud and think it's a joke.

metsfan wrote:

but did the all star game count in 89, nope. see this is why i have a problem with the all star game and more so bud and think it's a joke.

right.

stop agreeing with me so much. it's weird.

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
    metsfan wrote:

right.

things will be back to normal when football starts and you can bash me for being a fraud cowboyz fan :P :lol::lol::lol:

metsfan wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

right.

things will be back to normal when football starts and you can bash me for being a fraud cowboyz fan :P :lol::lol::lol:

cowboys have made tentative plans to open camp on 7/29 :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    cowboys have made tentative plans to open camp on 7/29 :mrgreen:
    wow thats cool

• PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    speaking of All-Stars...

here is a picture of one of your starting N.L. All Stars signing my baseball a couple of weeks ago. He signed my Gold Glove baseball (He won the Gold Glove award in 2009)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/ ... sionGG.jpg
    metsfan wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:

Hamilton over Quentin isn't all that far off, though...just shows how good he's been even after missing time. Quentin still made the team. C.J. Wilson over Sabathia? Joel Hanrahan as the Pirates representative over Andrew McCutchen? The fans did a better job than the managers. Remember Omar Infante last year? If there's going to be errors, at least let the fans get involved and select who they want to see play.
    pjl44 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:

Hamilton over Quentin isn't all that far off, though...just shows how good he's been even after missing time. Quentin still made the team. C.J. Wilson over Sabathia? Joel Hanrahan as the Pirates representative over Andrew McCutchen? The fans did a better job than the managers. Remember Omar Infante last year? If there's going to be errors, at least let the fans get involved and select who they want to see play.

that's not the point. obviously fans will get it right a good percentage of the time. but they will also get wrong like with jeter this year. it's a popularity contest. if the game has such enormous importance to it, the managers and/or players should have a say in voting. if it truly is an exhibition game, like you said earlier, i'm all for the fans deciding.

oh, also the managers and players should care about winning the game too. :roll: :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    PRL1JAM wrote:
    speaking of All-Stars...

here is a picture of one of your starting N.L. All Stars signing my baseball a couple of weeks ago. He signed my Gold Glove baseball (He won the Gold Glove award in 2009)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/ ... sionGG.jpg

that uniform is cool as shit
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    pjl44 wrote:
    Joel Hanrahan as the Pirates representative over Andrew McCutchen?

Hanrahan has done a masterful job as the closer and deserves to be there.

I'm suprised McCutchen didn't make the last chance ballot
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,360
    The 81 wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:
    Joel Hanrahan as the Pirates representative over Andrew McCutchen?

Hanrahan has done a masterful job as the closer and deserves to be there.

I'm suprised McCutchen didn't make the last chance ballot

Somebody will get hurt or something and he will make the team.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    This just in. Pujols is not human.
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    I'm going to the desert to see a bunch of Yankees play a bunch of Brewers & Giants?! Love the fan voting to a certain extent, but letting the Managers hand pick the pitching staff is a joke. Are there any Giant pitchers that didn't make the team?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
    that's not the point. obviously fans will get it right a good percentage of the time. but they will also get wrong like with jeter this year. it's a popularity contest. if the game has such enormous importance to it, the managers and/or players should have a say in voting. if it truly is an exhibition game, like you said earlier, i'm all for the fans deciding.

oh, also the managers and players should care about winning the game too. :roll: :lol:

Home field advantage in the World Series isn't that important, though. Since they went to the 2-3-2 format in 1924, the team with home field has won 57% of the time. It's basically a wash. I agree that the ASG shouldn't decide anything because it gives the game a fake gravity. It's always been and always will be an exhibition. If a couple underperforming former stars sneak through, whatever. They're fan favorites...just kick back and enjoy it. Fun to watch all those guys get introduced and kick around for nine.
    pjl44 wrote:

Home field advantage in the World Series isn't that important, though. Since they went to the 2-3-2 format in 1924, the team with home field has won 57% of the time. It's basically a wash. I agree that the ASG shouldn't decide anything because it gives the game a fake gravity. It's always been and always will be an exhibition. If a couple underperforming former stars sneak through, whatever. They're fan favorites...just kick back and enjoy it. Fun to watch all those guys get introduced and kick around for nine.

57% of the time projects to a team going 92-70 in the regular season...little more than a wash there :?

like i said, i still enjoy it though.
    www.myspace.com
    Speaking of the dh, i heard baltimore pitchers hit over 400 in inter league games
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Jose Bautista is insane!!!

I can't get enough of this dude. His story amazes me
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    I just got around to reading the Sam Fuld article in the New Yorker. Great stuff. I obviously didn't know any of that stuff about him. Type 1 diabetic, Economics graduate from Stanford. Impressive. I was honestly expecting the article to be a glowing fluff piece about a 29 year old rookie which was written before he came back to earth and it wasn't at all. Talks a bit about his struggles and how is agent is trying to make him any money he can now and how he's just happy to be in the lineup when he is.

Gotta pull for the guy.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:
    :thumbdown:
    www.myspace.com
    this reds/cards game is crazy
    The 81 wrote:
    i actually expected the mets to be some awful flavor that only die hards would like

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,360
    The 81 wrote:

That was really stupid.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16