Options

**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i'm having a hard time thinking of anyone and google isn't helping much.

you could make a case of the vikings this year as well, although they are starting to get it turned.

pats of 18-1 fame.

mid 80's bears.

buffalo bills of 4 SB loss fame

i guess alot depends on what we consider to be most disapointing.

this cowboys team is it. pats/bears/bills all were good teams who just came up short. this team didn't even cross the starting line.

the vikes are a disapointment, but not near the level the cowboys are. i have a feeling they will make a late season push for the wildcard too. the nfc is garbage.

i present you the 2003 raiders. coming off an 11-5 seaon in which they went to the superbowl and lost a nail biter (13-6) to tampa, they follow that season up with a 4-12 debacle.

quite a stretch :lol:

i don't remember thinking much of the '03 raiders going into the season. do you?

si didn't seem to think they were a juggernaut: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/footba ... 6/raiders/
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    If I didn't have free tix to the game at the Meadowlands this Sunday, I would be selling them. I have to go since it is sort of a work function and I don't want a stranger to show up in my place :D

Soooo....Wear Cowboys gear? I'm not sure if I wanna be embarassed, ;)

as fraudulent as they come. wow.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    crazypjfan wrote:
    If I didn't have free tix to the game at the Meadowlands this Sunday, I would be selling them. I have to go since it is sort of a work function and I don't want a stranger to show up in my place :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    crazypjfan wrote:

The stuff you try to sell people buying houses is as fraudulent as they come so quit it with the bullshit!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    crazypjfan wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

The stuff you try to sell people buying houses is as fraudulent as they come so quit it with the bullshit!

jegs sells houses now as well as doing the mortagage on them? man of all seasons.

but yeah, never trust a realator or a banker
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

jegs sells houses now as well as doing the mortagage on them? man of all seasons.

but yeah, never trust a realator or a banker

does he think i sell kitchen appliances maybe? :shock: :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    does he think i sell kitchen appliances maybe? :shock: :lol:

That would be more respectable...
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    tough crowd this AM.

it's not that mortgage brokers are bad people. the problem is when the broker is working with a realator who is working with a appraiser and they conspire to drive up prices to line their pockets. it's also the bad one's that will approve anything, even if they KNOW you can't afford to pay the note back. then we get into all the bs adjustable rate stuff where they sell the low rate, but don't talk about the reset rate.

but of course there is plenty of blame to go around, including the consumer who doesn't understand what they are signing up for. i lay a big chunk of the blame at the consumers feet.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    tough crowd this AM.

it's not that mortgage brokers are bad people. the problem is when the broker is working with a realator who is working with a appraiser and they conspire to drive up prices to line their pockets. it's also the bad one's that will approve anything, even if they KNOW you can't afford to pay the note back. then we get into all the bs adjustable rate stuff where they sell the low rate, but don't talk about the reset rate.

but of course there is plenty of blame to go around, including the consumer who doesn't understand what they are signing up for. i lay a big chunk of the blame at the consumers feet.

:lol:
    i only do refinances. and i'm not a broker. there are new laws that make a lot of what you're describing illegal anyway. and we all have to be licensed now. so the bad apples have been weeded out.

but, yes, the consumer is the one who ultimately signs his or her name on the closing papers. shame on him or her if he did not read everything over intently. crazy--if you got screwed before, that sucks. still doesn't change the fact that you're a fraudulent sports fan. wear your cowboys gear proud through good times or horrifc, ie: now. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    there may be laws banning the working together, but lets be honest, it's not hard to get aroudn laws. there were, are and always will be bad apples in every line of work.

but people are too dumb or lazy to understand that ramifications of their actions, or they say, it's not my fault. i hate when people say that.

so the moral of the story......

Cowpies suck.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    there may be laws banning the working together, but lets be honest, it's not hard to get aroudn laws. there were, are and always will be bad apples in every line of work.

the mortgage industry has done a complete 180 degree turn from a few years ago dude. if you get screwed nowadays, you have absolutely nobody to blame but yourself.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Cowpies suck.

I can't disagree wit you there.

And Jeags, I never got screwed. I am just busting your balls about the mortgage crap and don't you worry, I'll be wearing my gear on Sunday. I am not fraudulent for not wanting to wear it this year. The Cowboys don't seem to care this year so it is hard to support the product that doesn't show up on Sundays this season.
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    So this is what this thread has come to. Ugh.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    So this is what this thread has come to. Ugh.

Well, since there isn't any football team to talk about this season..
  • Options
    81 wrote:

the mortgage industry has done a complete 180 degree turn from a few years ago dude. if you get screwed nowadays, you have absolutely nobody to blame but yourself.

big picture, i'm not going to argue that. but there are still bad apples. always are when you have a barrel of the them.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    81 wrote:

Cowpies suck.

And Jeags, I never got screwed. I am just busting your balls about the mortgage crap and don't you worry, I'll be wearing my gear on Sunday. I am not fraudulent for not wanting to wear it this year. The Cowboys don't seem to care this year so it is hard to support the product that doesn't show up on Sundays this season.

i can understand not wanting to wear yoru teams gear when you team sucks. that's not fraudulent. why make yourself feel worse. if you are going to the game, that's a different story. show yoru support.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

big picture, i'm not going to argue that. but there are still bad apples. always are when you have a barrel of the them.

okay. fine. waaaaaay less than before. this is coming from first hand experience as i know multitudes of bad apples personally who've been forced out of the biz...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    we now return you to the cowpies season....

bring on teh superbowl.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

bring on teh superbowl.

I think this Thursday night's game could very well be a preview of the Superbowl.
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    81 wrote:

bring on teh superbowl.

I think this Thursday night's game could very well be a preview of the Superbowl.

you think a lot more of the falcons than i do at this point in the season.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    crazypjfan wrote:
    81 wrote:

Cowpies suck.

You are fraudulent for not wanting to wear it. Either you are a fan or not. The product you say you support hasn't shown up on Sundays in years. A true fan is there supporting their team regardless if the team shows up or not. Maybe you've decided to stop supporting the biggest dissappointment ever in which case you should get rid of your gear. Only problem is even the Salvation Army wouldn't take it at this point but some homeless guys might use it to wipe their asses, that's about all it's good for.
    #FHP
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    crazypjfan wrote:
    81 wrote:

bring on teh superbowl.

you think a lot more of the falcons than i do at this point in the season.

They are constantly improving and Matt Ryan is developing into a very good qb. He is more than just a game manager this season and there defense has been playing lights out.

The afc and nfc seems very wide open though...with the exception of the Cowboys, Bills, Panthers, etc.. :lol:
    Post edited by cowboypjfan on
  • Options
    Horos wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    81 wrote:

Cowpies suck.

You are fraudulent for not wanting to wear it. Either you are a fan or not. The product you say you support hasn't shown up on Sundays in years. A true fan is there supporting their team regardless if the team shows up or not. Maybe you've decided to stop supporting the biggest dissappointment ever in which case you should get rid of your gear. Only problem is even the Salvation Army wouldn't take it at this point but some homeless guys might use it to wipe their asses, that's about all it's good for.

ssshhhhh, quiet over there..
  • Options
  • Options
    And for the record, my wife thinks I'm nuts because I still have hopes of the Cowboys winning out this season. That's about as far from fraudulent or fairweather, IMO.

That's all, I have to get some work done today...
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,757
    I gave props to some Mets fans who showed up at Citizens Park in September this year. Turned out, I think they were there just to eat hot dogs & cheesesteaks the whole game. And, no, they didn't need it. :lol:

But they did wear their gear. I wore my Phillies stuff in 1999 at Fenway Park, and we ended up killing them that game. One shining moment.

At that point, the home team's fans just kind of feel sorry for you (well maybe not Cowboys at Eagles, but in most cases).
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Horos wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    81 wrote:

Cowpies suck.

hey oh
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    crazypjfan wrote:
    The Cowboys don't seem to care this year so it is hard to support the product that doesn't show up on Sundays this season.
    i still wear my cowboys gear around town and i take getting shit from giants and jet fans every damn sunday.

i've had giant fans leave nasty notes on my jeep windshield just cause of my dallas cowboys license plate frame

if you supported this team during the dave campo era then this era shouldn't be that big of a deal to support, right?
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    The Cowboys don't seem to care this year so it is hard to support the product that doesn't show up on Sundays this season.
    i still wear my cowboys gear around town and i take getting shit from giants and jet fans every damn sunday.

i've had giant fans leave nasty notes on my jeep windshield just cause of my dallas cowboys license plate frame

if you supported this team during the dave campo era then this era shouldn't be that big of a deal to support, right?

i love it. two frauds battling it out. doesn't get much better than this.

get your popcorn ready :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cowboys 27 Giants 17 :D