Options

PJ Radio

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    NHiding wrote:
    So.....can i be a round table member on the Sirius PJ station

Yes, mostly so I can harass you about your smoking baby! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

just give me the questions in advance so i can work on my replys. :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    jwagnerjwagner Posts: 435
    There was a genius/magic moment on PJ Radio earlier today...sometime between 1-2 eastern time, we got to hear the Off Ramp 10/22/90 show...obviously a special show on this special day.....right after final song, "Just a Girl" (which they really should revive every once in a while), on came "Of the Earth" from Dublin 2010.

Now, maybe that was just random, maybe not, but it was an absolutely excellent moment. It was the oldest possible live Pearl Jam followed by current live Pearl Jam playing what basically counts as the newest PJ song to date. The contrast between the oldest versions of the classic songs and "Of the Earth" was fantastic. It showed how much they've changed, yet how much they haven't changed at the same time. You could almost have pictured them playing "Of the Earth" 20 years ago, yet we all know what incredible places they've taken their music since that day 20 years ago.

So, thanks Pearl Jam for the 20 years, and thanks PJ Radio for that truly wonderful moment. It captured EVERYTHING for me.
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,413
    whats death/live on ten/two legs....please can we get an answer to this. :evil:
    who gives a shit...we celebrate the anniversary tonight ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    i give a shit .. :P
    i dont...you cant keep me here..from Benny !!!briliant!!!!!! :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    There was a genius/magic moment on PJ Radio earlier today...sometime between 1-2 eastern time, we got to hear the Off Ramp 10/22/90 show...obviously a special show on this special day.....right after final song, "Just a Girl" (which they really should revive every once in a while), on came "Of the Earth" from Dublin 2010.

Now, maybe that was just random, maybe not, but it was an absolutely excellent moment. It was the oldest possible live Pearl Jam followed by current live Pearl Jam playing what basically counts as the newest PJ song to date. The contrast between the oldest versions of the classic songs and "Of the Earth" was fantastic. It showed how much they've changed, yet how much they haven't changed at the same time. You could almost have pictured them playing "Of the Earth" 20 years ago, yet we all know what incredible places they've taken their music since that day 20 years ago.

So, thanks Pearl Jam for the 20 years, and thanks PJ Radio for that truly wonderful moment. It captured EVERYTHING for me.

Thanks for that! Glad to see that the thought I put into each set is appreciated. NOTHING about PJ Radio, either here or now on Sirius/XM is random. There are no loops. Nothing but lots of care, thought and devotion put into it all. Glad you dug the contrast from the first show to Of The Earth. It's only onwards and upwards from here.
    Rob
  • Options
    jwagnerjwagner Posts: 435
    NHiding wrote:

Thanks for that! Glad to see that the thought I put into each set is appreciated. NOTHING about PJ Radio, either here or now on Sirius/XM is random. There are no loops. Nothing but lots of care, thought and devotion put into it all. Glad you dug the contrast from the first show to Of The Earth. It's only onwards and upwards from here.
    Rob

well then thank YOU Rob for the thought you put into this. PJ Radio only improves the overall PJ experience for all of us I think. We're listening, keep it going brother.
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • Options
    Black.....you take it....
  • Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    This is a great day for PJ radio. I am truly gratelful for it and for all the band has given me. Thank you Rob
    Happy Anniversary Pearl Jam and Thank You for everything.
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,948
    take a bottle pass it around
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    Every time when they're singing for him..... every fcuking time.... goosebumps as hell all over my body and tears in my eyes.... HELL YEAH!!!

And then goosebumps again when i hear his deep voice in Crazy Mary.... ;)8-)

Beautiful,very special,full of PJ day.... :)
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    what is this interview with mike from?
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    he is a Montana guy... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    I may be stupid but what is the significance of the 3W next tot he pm button?
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,948
    thats a icon for his website

ahhh gone from bridge 06, love it. a fellow pj who i'm no longer closer with called me during this song just cause she knew gone was my fave song. i had this big happy smile on my face cause i knew why she was calling me.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    I gave a shit today, is anyone still here?
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
    Wow. I'm putting my face back on my head from it melting to the floor - 20+ minute of ''Cortez the Killer" from Israel.
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • Options
    OziahOziah Posts: 10
    where can I get the performance they're playing right now? Seattle 10/22/03 I love it.
    All my rivals will see what I have in store.
  • Options
    truanttruant Posts: 34
    thats benaroya hall. awesome
    ** Seattle II 11/06/00 ** Key Arena 12/08/02 ** Key Arena 12/09/02 ** Vancouver 05/30/03 ** Benaroya 10/22/03 ** Santa Barbara 10/28/03 ** NW School 03/18/05 ** Gorge 09/01/05 ** Gorge I 07/22/06 ** Gorge II 07/23/06 ** Hawaii 12/02/06 ** Vancouver EV 04/02/08 ** DC 06/22/08 **
  • Options
    OziahOziah Posts: 10
    truant wrote:
    thats benaroya hall. awesome

thanks truant that was it! :mrgreen:
    All my rivals will see what I have in store.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    NHiding, is this PJ Radio the same broadcast that is on xm/sirius?
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Jerome230 wrote:
    Wow. I'm putting my face back on my head from it melting to the floor - 20+ minute of ''Cortez the Killer" from Israel.
    Is there a way I can find or get that version?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    aNiMaL wrote:

No it's different - I'm currently getting MLB crown of thorns (from sirius) , and came here to say 'Yay!'

great anniversary show on there - some real special versions!! I got 7 day free trial online, but don't know if I'll lose it, as an int'l customer - I really want it on my blackberry!! not working yet

Do we need another thread or keep it all in here!!??
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Newch91 wrote:
    Jerome230 wrote:
    Is there a way I can find or get that version?
    That whole concert is floating around the internet. I downloaded it a couple of months back, but can't remember how I found it.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Grand Rapids 06- band was on fire and our seats were great (thanks 'glitch')...the only poster i've ever own is from this show and i've been to about 20.
  • Options
    NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    by aNiMaL » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:40 am

No they are not the exact same. Consider this one for the real hardcore (us) and the sirius/xm one for not only the hardcore, but the casual listener/fan and extended audience that subscribes to the service. With both going now, there are extended opportunities for both outlets....stay tuned!
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    NHiding wrote:
    by aNiMaL » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:40 am

No they are not the exact same. Consider this one for the real hardcore (us) and the sirius/xm one for not only the hardcore, but the casual listener/fan and extended audience that subscribes to the service. With both going now, there are extended opportunities for both outlets....stay tuned!

Great show on SIrius earlier - was listening in the runup to MSGII. Very mellow leading up to the show. Thanks. The only problem I can foresee is not being able to identify what tracks are playing, like you can do here from the player. For instance you played a wonderful version of Ledbetter that I wasn't sure where it came from, but would like to hear again.....
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    any chance we can get previous bridge shows for the build up tonight, now that would be sweet :D
  • Options
    OctopuS27OctopuS27 Portugal Posts: 569
    It's been an all day with PJ radio. Got what i wanted as always, a 'portuguese tune'.
    This time was Footsteps in Cascais. Rob took time but delivered ;)
    Great gig that was streamed earlier today, did you heard that sick solo on Evenflow? It seemed a Stone's solo but then Ed says its Myke in the end... :?: Also loved the melt down between Myke and Gaspar in Crazy Mary, magic.

...We're all perpetual losers...