Getting Old...

124»

Comments

• PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I got one for ya...total hip replacement, at age 31....now there's feelin' old for ya...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    I joined this board before this thread was started 4 years ago. That makes me feel old...
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • The movie The Lost Boys is 27 years old...
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    ouchy ouchy is my name
    ding ding dong
    this my song

then folks wonder why i want opiates
    pain rules this life i live in
    boo frickin hoo
    carry on carrying on, kiss my ass & all that junk

i'd like to be 18 again & have a restart
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Jason P said:

Has anyone ever had a chance yet to chase the neighbor kids off your front lawn with a garden hose yet? I'm kinda looking forward to that some day ....

Garden hose? Silly man.

• hedonist said:

Jason P said:

Has anyone ever had a chance yet to chase the neighbor kids off your front lawn with a garden hose yet? I'm kinda looking forward to that some day ....

Garden hose? Silly man.

No I have kids myself so there is always a chance of a munchkin invasion in the house or backyard.

Kids in out neighborhood have super sonic hearing too, my boys will be in the back and I'll ask if they want Popsicles or ice cream cones and when I come back out there are always a few little heads peeking over the fence

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Jesus, I'm so old I don't remember starting this thread
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,421
    Older than dirt

Both Black Diamond and this thread.

:)>-
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,633
    I think I might be starting to fossilize.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,178

I got one for ya...total hip replacement, at age 31....now there's feelin' old for ya...

I'm back using a walker to get around.....aside from that I once taught pre school and those pre-schoolers are now 30 years old. Man I'm getting old.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,633
    g under p said:

I'm back using a walker to get around.....aside from that I once taught pre school and those pre-schoolers are now 30 years old. Man I'm getting old.

Peace
    No more slam dancing, both of you! LOL

No, I get it- when I was in my early forties I moved to WA state and much of the time the arthritis in my hands got so bad it hurt to open a car door. Had to move back to warmer, drier climate and start taking glucosamine sulfate which helped hugely.

Wishing you both well.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

I really don't mind getting old(er) - I'm still alive! And I like who I've become over the years...who I'm still becoming.

(on the road to find out)

Sure I could do without the back pain and other shit that comes with the territory, but all in all, it's been a pretty awesome ride (that's what she said).

I'm on the cusp of 49, and 20 years ago, the thought of hitting 29 propelled me to seek therapy, to come to terms and peace with various issues. Didn't want to hit 30 and not tie up the loose ends of myself if willing and able to. Some ends have been tied, others still frayed, yet others best left alone.

Now I say, bring it! Shit works out over time, usually.

(all said though, this getting up to pee in the middle of every fucking night business has gotten...old :D)
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,187
    I have an uncle who just passed away last month he was 101 at 53 i'm a kid :)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    brianlux said:

g under p said:

Peace
    No more slam dancing, both of you! LOL

No, I get it- when I was in my early forties I moved to WA state and much of the time the arthritis in my hands got so bad it hurt to open a car door. Had to move back to warmer, drier climate and start taking glucosamine sulfate which helped hugely.

Wishing you both well.

I had triple orthodesis surgery on my ankle and maan did I ever get used to getting around with this walker. In few days ill get my knee roller to get around a little faster. I also got my handicap sticker of which I'll need with this cast I have for the next 3-4 months. Three of which I won't be working but it's all good I just added 4 titanium screws till I meet my end.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Approaching 55 :-t

But only 13 years since the start of my 2nd life
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • njnancynjnancy Posts: 5,096

Approaching 55 :-t

But only 13 years since the start of my 2nd life

Religion or FOB
  • njnancynjnancy Posts: 5,096
    So glad this thread was resurrected - I haven't laughed so hard in a bit. Actually, a little too hard, damn whipper snappers don't know why mothers are reminded of them so often. :-\"
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    hedonist said:

I really don't mind getting old(er) - I'm still alive! And I like who I've become over the years...who I'm still becoming.

(on the road to find out)

Sure I could do without the back pain and other shit that comes with the territory, but all in all, it's been a pretty awesome ride (that's what she said).

I'm on the cusp of 49, and 20 years ago, the thought of hitting 29 propelled me to seek therapy, to come to terms and peace with various issues. Didn't want to hit 30 and not tie up the loose ends of myself if willing and able to. Some ends have been tied, others still frayed, yet others best left alone.

Now I say, bring it! Shit works out over time, usually.

(all said though, this getting up to pee in the middle of every fucking night business has gotten...old :D)

that is all i do is pee through the night. if two hrs pass without a pee that is pretty amazing stuff. but i drink alot & have chia seed water within a arms reach of me 24x7.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Ch-ch-ch-chadwick!

Sorry, your chia mention got that little ditty in my head (and I have yet to ever have a chia pet or try the water though I'm inclined to try both).

I go through a ton of water too - aside from libations, the occasional green tea, OJ or milk with my cereal, it's pretty much all I drink.

And speaking of getting older, I had to - for the first time in 30 years - get a doctor's note to excuse me from jury duty. No way my back would allow me to serve, what with the long-ish walk from parking lot to courthouse, the sitting on hard benches, etc.

Especially uplifting - doc's note on the form? "Prognosis: Poor" :-w
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,491
    eyedclaar said:

I had my two totally wore out arms and one leg replaced with bionic limbs. I should have done both legs. Now I can run in a circle faster than anyone I know.

hahaha....this fucking guy!
    www.myspace.com