Getting Old...

Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Got my new glasses on Saturday

Bi-focals (Well the blended no-line type but still)

Man, WTF.... :evil:
GoiMTvP.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I had my two totally wore out arms and one leg replaced with bionic limbs. I should have done both legs. Now I can run in a circle faster than anyone I know.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Don't worry, at least you've still got your own teeth and hair :D
    eyedclaar wrote:
    I had my two totally wore out arms and one leg replaced with bionic limbs. I should have done both legs. Now I can run in a circle faster than anyone I know.

Well at least it your wife won't have to use the tumble dryer so much any more, just tie the washing to your arms and away you go.
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    eyedclaar wrote:

Knee deep in chalk outlines, e?

OP- I know. My vision started fuzzing out within a week after my 40th
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    yah it sucks,u getting old,im getting younger.,..pfff
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    lettinggo wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

bifocals?
    i wore glasses, for distance, since like 2nd grade. then got contacts as an early teen...then went and got corrective laser surgery 10 years ago. had 20/20 vision for a solid decade, but they have regressed some now. :| however, i don't *have* to wear corrective lenses, so i don't. i know my vision is no longer *perfect* i can see it now, but it's still damn good. i found the more i wore my glasses/contacts, the more i needed them. so i am avoiding going back to them as long as possible. either way tho, i was damn happy that my near vision was/is still utterly perfect. small victories eh? :D

now, you want to talk grey hair..... :shock:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

lettinggo wrote:

Know that one well, went to get my eyes tested now long after my 40th and had to get reading glasses, the bastard told me it was my age - not what I wanted to hear when I'd just turned 40!
    now, you want to talk grey hair.....

Fortunately, I have absolutely no grey hair (thanks to my hair dye)
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    "Getting" Old? I was pretty sure you had been there for a while and were now considering summer property in Ancient....
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    lettinggo wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

bifocals?
    i wore glasses, for distance, since like 2nd grade. then got contacts as an early teen...then went and got corrective laser surgery 10 years ago. had 20/20 vision for a solid decade, but they have regressed some now. :| however, i don't *have* to wear corrective lenses, so i don't. i know my vision is no longer *perfect* i can see it now, but it's still damn good. i found the more i wore my glasses/contacts, the more i needed them. so i am avoiding going back to them as long as possible. either way tho, i was damn happy that my near vision was/is still utterly perfect. small victories eh? :D

Yeah the Mrs. just got glasses after 12 years of the laser surgery... Night Driving...
    And let's NOT talk grey hairs please... I have been cutting them out slower than they are growing :evil:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    cdp1223 wrote:
    "Getting" Old? I was pretty sure you had been there for a while and were now considering summer property in Ancient....
    :evil:
    Greece... Maybe D will have me since he is getting younger :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    if the pee lines are to long at the venue....

depends.jpg

"Anything's Possible"
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    if the pee lines are to long at the venue....

depends.jpg

"Anything's Possible"

:lol:

Where can I get some?
    cdp1223 wrote:
    :evil:
    Greece... Maybe D will have me since he is getting younger :lol:
    man dont worry,u look sexy with those glasses..(that cost your wife 100$)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

not particularly :evil:
    Claireack wrote:
    Well at least it your wife won't have to use the tumble dryer so much any more, just tie the washing to your arms and away you go.

That might work. She can't chain me to the tree in the backyard anymore... after a few seconds I have totally wrapped it around my legs, fallen over, and started choking myself.

bifocals?

Yeah the Mrs. just got glasses after 12 years of the laser surgery... Night Driving...
    And let's NOT talk grey hairs please... I have been cutting them out slower than they are growing :evil:

well, i hope i hold out longer. :lol:
    hubby can drive...;)

honestly, i never had a problem with my greys. i think i got my first SO young, around age 16...didn't phase me. however, i think my grey hairs reminded mr. dream that he was getting old :lol:.....so i do dye it now. so yea, i'm a redhead nowadays instead of my very dark brown with grey streaks. :D just when i DO let the roots go a bit too long, like just recently....and i take a look it's like :shock: ...whoa!

hey BD, as long as we're not fat and old...we're doing ok, eh? sticking with it, yes? :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Claireack wrote:
    Don't worry, at least you've still got your own teeth and hair :D

Let's not go assuming things here!!!! :lol:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    norm wrote:

My beard! My once proud red viking beard... :cry: Soon I will look like Santa. Yes, I plan on also eating a ton of cookies to battle my depression.

bifocals?

well, i hope i hold out longer. :lol:
    hubby can drive...;)

honestly, i never had a problem with my greys. i think i got my first SO young, around age 16...didn't phase me. however, i think my grey hairs reminded mr. dream that he was getting old :lol:.....so i do dye it now. so yea, i'm a redhead nowadays instead of my very dark brown with grey streaks. :D just when i DO let the roots go a bit too long, like just recently....and i take a look it's like :shock: ...whoa!

hey BD, as long as we're not fat and old...we're doing ok, eh? sticking with it, yes? :mrgreen:
    Yeah I'm 7 pounds from the top of my dream range...
    I am scared about what NYC PJ shows might do to my figure :shock:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Yeah I'm 7 pounds from the top of my dream range...
    I am scared about what NYC PJ shows might do to my figure :shock:

WOW that's awesome!
    i can't say the same, but i am making solid progress so i am happy.
    and yes, i plan on just enjoying, and not worrying, during that long weekend of pj and MSG.....and whatever happens on the scale, well, always reversible. :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

eyedclaar wrote:
    norm wrote:

My beard! My once proud red viking beard... :cry: Soon I will look like Santa. Yes, I plan on also eating a ton of cookies to battle my depression.

yep! that's where it's started for me... i'm afraid to look anywhere else :shock:
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    eyedclaar wrote:
    norm wrote:

yeah, the grey sucks. but as long as i have hair I'm happy. I can always cover the grey up if I choose to.

but I don't. :roll:
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    norm wrote:

yep! that's where it's started for me... i'm afraid to look anywhere else :shock:
    :shock: :lol::lol::lol:
    norm wrote:

Yeah I had my mirrors cut off in my bathroom when I hit 40 so I can only see my face :?
    GoiMTvP.gif
    the wolf wrote:

yeah, the grey sucks. but as long as i have hair I'm happy. I can always cover the grey up if I choose to.

but I don't. :roll:

Yes, your once black coat is turning a little white. It's all across your muzzle and up into your eyebrows! You wear it well though. Your ability to type still amazes me.

norm wrote:

:shock:
    :mrgreen:
    :lol:

i understand that. hahaha.
    and i am not much for beards in any case - tho another thread topic ;) - but when mr. dream would grow one, well there's blonde, bit of brown, red....and grey. so needless to say, he doesn't even want to try and grow another beard. :lol: i found a grey eyebrow hair....once. was like, wtf?! :twisted:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

eyedclaar wrote:
    Your ability to type still amazes me.

me too...sans thumbs as well
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Dont have too many greys yet, but I cant understand why my ears decided to suddenly grow so much hair...oh yeah, it must be my body evolving to protect my hearing from all the loud PJ shows. :D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Dont have too many greys yet, but I cant understand why my ears decided to suddenly grow so much hair...oh yeah, it must be my body evolving to protect my hearing from all the loud PJ shows. :D

that Y chromosome?
    besides deciding to make you a boy...also gives you the ability to grow excess hair in the ears/nose. yep. that's all it's good for; a willy and excess cavity hair. :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    No one has mentioned "body aches " my knees hurt most of the winter, especially if the temps drop below 20 degrees. Now I'm really feeling "old" :lol:
    ********************************************************************************************* image