PEARL JAM COLLECTORS BEWARE OF THIS SELLER ON EBAY

Jezza44Jezza44 Posts: 25
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Hi,just thought Id let you know of someone on ebay running a scam on Pearl Jam items. I have been caught out and am waiting for a refund. If i am breaking forum rules,tough shit!!,but the ebay seller is shellane845. This twat has had 3 negatives on the trot,and is defintely running a scam(see feedback comments).My feedback will soon follow.
I am very very annoyed about this as i thought Id finally got my No Code(sealed) Lp at long last - my favourite PJ album as well,so you can imagine I am fuming!!!!! I am not even attemting to be the Hardman here,but if i lived in the States I would be after this bastard-believe me!!
So i thought Id let all you loyal Pearl Jam fans,that this is one of the many on ebay running scams ,so please stay away . :evil:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• it appears that his/her record has been perfect up until a week or so ago...I hope they aren't hooked on that Oxy or something (said in my best grandmotherly voice)
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Yeah that feedback is not good lately.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... llFeedback

Also selling a sealed Riot Act for $59.00 BIN seems low. Sometimes a red flag.

I don't see the item you bought. Was it purchased a long time ago?
  • Jezza44Jezza44 Posts: 25
    Wilds wrote:
    Yeah that feedback is not good lately.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... llFeedback

Also selling a sealed Riot Act for $59.00 BIN seems low. Sometimes a red flag.

I don't see the item you bought. Was it purchased a long time ago?
    It was No Code also sealed like the others. I won it a month ago.will leave feedback soon.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,891
    so what was the problem? how were you ripped off?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    so what was the problem? how were you ripped off?
    eh? No Code was won,paid for and never received - no communication from seller either, Have been in contact with others who have given negative feedback to this seller and this was the same as what happened to them.
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    she's a thief. she stole money. she ganked someone else for over $100.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    what if she died? :?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • what if she died? :?

INTERESTING. never thought of that angle.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014

must have died right after updating the sell page at 12:30 pm today.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    if you paid with paypal, file a complaint with them (if you havnt already)... they will contact the seller, if no word they will refund what you paid for...ive dealt with a few deadbeat sellers on ebay and paypal always comes through
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • if you paid with paypal, file a complaint with them (if you havnt already)... they will contact the seller, if no word they will refund what you paid for...ive dealt with a few deadbeat sellers on ebay and paypal always comes through

I got ripped off from one guy a long time ago, paid with paypal, and they came back and said they couldn't do anything.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • mickeyrat wrote:

must have died right after updating the sell page at 12:30 pm today.

:lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    exactly... she's not dead. seriously, i understand being "positive" and "looking at the bright side of things" but, in the end with something like this, there is no bright side other than you learn to be more "careful". Hard to be more "careful" than buying from someone on ebay with ZERO negative feedback over the course of 3+ years isn;t it? In other words....

fuck this seller no matter what the circumstances are. pah-toooey.
  • JW0422JW0422 Posts: 170
    I got screwed using paypal on ebay and filed a grievance and after about a month finally got my money back and the seller was pissed that I filed the grievance and they lost. they told me I should have worked it out with them, well I tried but they wouldn't respond to my emails so screw them, so I hope all works out in your favor!
    edited May 2010
    JW0422 wrote:
    I got screwed using paypal on ebay and filed a grievance and after about a month finally got my money back and the seller was pissed that I filed the grievance and they lost. they told me I should have worked it out with them, well I tried but they wouldn't respond to my emails so screw them, so I hope all works out in your favor!
    Thanks for your support my friends. I have now given seller negative feedback, and guess what shes received another one. Now last 5 feedbacks are negative,you would think ebay would act on this.
    Sadly looks like i am going to have to remove this post,getting threats from seller. Will probably remove when I know how!!
    Post edited by Jezza44 on
    Jezza44 wrote:
    JW0422 wrote:
    Thanks for your support my friends. I have now given seller negative feedback, and guess what shes received another one. Now last 5 feedbacks are negative,you would think ebay would act on this.
    Sadly looks like i am going to have to remove this post,getting threats from seller. Will probably remove when I know how!!
    leave it up, but maybe change the title. We need to know who to stay away from.

don';t remove it. fuck her, you don;t have to remove it unless the mods here remove it. you aren;t harrassing her, you're stating you were ripped off.
    don';t remove it. fuck her, you don;t have to remove it unless the mods here remove it. you aren;t harrassing her, you're stating you were ripped off.
    +1. And you meant CIST right? :mrgreen:

• phungiphungi Posts: 641
    the sad thing is that her feedback is 91%+ positive, and the unsuspecting/inexperienced buyer would not notice or think to click on the number to see details... she still has 3 live auctions..

i'm curious what her threats are to the OP? she has been in contact to complain about YOUR actions?

i'd be sympathetic even to a Creed fan, but you don't mess with pearl jam fans seeking vinyl!
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    what time is now in Seattle?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,372
    what time is now in Seattle?

7:24 AM PST
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    ok,not alot of time left to wait Kat's Bazinga...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,542
    screw her....she can't do anything about it
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722

I agree. The Mods will decide whether to keep the thread or delete it.

Here's an excellent example: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=116960
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • StrykerStryker Posts: 585
    phungi wrote:
    the sad thing is that her feedback is 91%+ positive, and the unsuspecting/inexperienced buyer would not notice or think to click on the number to see details... she still has 3 live auctions..

i'm curious what her threats are to the OP? she has been in contact to complain about YOUR actions?

i'd be sympathetic even to a Creed fan, but you don't mess with pearl jam fans seeking vinyl!

Actually, 91% is considered fairly low. I know I probably wouldn't buy from somebody with a rating that low. Anything less than like 97% is pretty suspect these days on ebay.
    phungi wrote:

She has threatened to contact the police,because of my post on this club. She has also contacted ebay over the matter. She is simply avoiding the issue of her scamming people for money(She has had another negative feedback from another buyer).
  • JasonTeckJasonTeck Posts: 179
    Jezza44 wrote:
    phungi wrote:

She has threatened to contact the police,because of my post on this club. She has also contacted ebay over the matter. She is simply avoiding the issue of her scamming people for money(She has had another negative feedback from another buyer).

What the hell can the police do, arrest you for negatively speaking about someone on the internet??? I think they would tell her to go to hell and quit wasting their time!

I agree with everyone else...SCREW HER! If she does not want peeps thinking ill of her, then she should deliver the goods. Most importantly I would file a grievance if you paid with PayPal, then inform her you did so. You held up your end of the deal by paying her, so who gives a crap if her feelings are hurt because you are speaking the truth about her ripping you off!!!
    1992 - Lollapalooza - St. Louis
    1994 - St. Louis
    1998 - St. Louis
    2000 - St. Louis
    2003 - St. Louis
    2007 - Lollapalooza - Chicago
    2008 - Eddie Vedder Solo - Chicago
    2010 - St. Louis
    2011 - Eddie Vedder Solo - St. Louis
    2014 - St. Louis
    2016 - New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival
    2018 - Wrigley Field - Chicago
    2022 - St. Louis & Oklahoma City
    2023 - Chicago N1 & N2
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Jezza44 wrote:
    phungi wrote:

If you used your CC thru paypal... you are fine. Just contact your credit card company and it's done.
    I've been scammed a number of times on ebay and here on the porch, and all times my CC company has taken care of it, even when paypal said they couldn't or wouldn't.

If you used your bank-account thru Paypal... then you may get screwed by them. You need to file with them within 45 days or something, and anything after that is gone. Once I had PP tell me they agree with my case... but that the seller (someone here on the board) had closed their PP account, so they couldn't withdraw funds from their account to pay me back... so I called Amex whom I paid with... solved in like 2 minutes.

Which did you use? Your bank account, or CC... thru paypal.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    its kinda weird how this seller left positive feedbacks for those items, even to the ones that posted negs to the seller.
    also - seller went from selling low-dollar items to hundred(s) dollar items.
    maybe they are just bad sellers (if not scammers), or maybe some kinda emergency came up? maybe extremely lazy? whatever the case, the buyers deserve an explanation and their item(s) or money back. What kind of reasoning did the seller have to try and threaten and call the police a buyer who is asking for their item or money back?- makes no sense to me....

There's nothing worse than Americans trying to jack other Americans.....well there is, but this is pretty bad.

so - if/when this seller reads through this thread - just do the right thing and send them their vinyl or money back, this is not cool.
    Have already gone through the correct channels,as a dispute has stared.Went through ebay and paypal. By the way shes threatening to go to the police through what Ive posted on this forum.