***2010 NFL Draft***

Comments

• 81 wrote:
    I hope the Bears can trade their 3rd and 4th round picks for an early 2nd rounder and get Arrelious Benn. They really need a wide receiver and this guy can come in right away and be their go-to guy.

they need a saftey or corner more than a wide out.

yeah and an LT, DT, and MLB. Benn would be a steal as a 2nd rounder and it looks like he'll fall that far because... well... he went to Illinois and therefore didn't have great numbers. All the corners that can start from day one will be gone in the first round and safeties... you can find a good one in the middle rounds.

Anyway, Benn is just a dream. They'd have to trade up for him and what do they have to trade? :lol:
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    I hope the Bears can trade their 3rd and 4th round picks for an early 2nd rounder and get Arrelious Benn. They really need a wide receiver and this guy can come in right away and be their go-to guy.

they need a saftey or corner more than a wide out.

yeah and an LT, DT, and MLB. Benn would be a steal as a 2nd rounder and it looks like he'll fall that far because... well... he went to Illinois and therefore didn't have great numbers. All the corners that can start from day one will be gone in the first round and safeties... you can find a good one in the middle rounds.

Anyway, Benn is just a dream. They'd have to trade up for him and what do they have to trade? :lol:

LT? MLB? Williams looked decent last year. Urlacher looked good until he torn up his wrist. both should be more than servicable this year, although we do need to start looking for a 54 replacement in next year or two. i agree, we need help at DT. We could also use some help on the O line. but the secondary is a joke.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Lotta talk on the Boston airwaves this afternoon about the Pats perhaps taking Dez Bryant. I agree we need D, but they might be able to steal one of the more athletic kids in the whole draft late in the round, and at a position where they will undoubtedly need help in the coming year. Yeah, he's a headcase, but so were Randy Moss and Corey Dillon.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    Lotta talk on the Boston airwaves this afternoon about the Pats perhaps taking Dez Bryant. I agree we need D, but they might be able to steal one of the more athletic kids in the whole draft late in the round, and at a position where they will undoubtedly need help in the coming year. Yeah, he's a headcase, but so were Randy Moss and Corey Dillon.

That's if the Lions don't take him at #2. It's been a while since they took a WR in the first round, they must be getting antsy.
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
    cajunkiwi wrote:

That's if the Lions don't take him at #2. It's been a while since they took a WR in the first round, they must be getting antsy.

if Matt Millen was still there, it might happen....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    cajunkiwi wrote:

a lions receiver joke on draft day. original....but i'll go with it

imagine goodell about to read the lion's pick.
    gunned down.
    millen drops from nowhere.."THE LIONS TRADE THE #2 PICK TO SEATTLE FOR MIKE WILLIAMS"
    grappling hooks out
    metsfan wrote:
    With the 8th pick in the 2010 nfl draft the Oakland Raiders select dez bryant out of Oklahoma state

:lol:

NFL NETWORK FTW

The nfl draft to me is/was rounds 1-3 on saturday and rounds 4-7 on sunday. The draft in primetime is bull shit.

doesn't make much of a difference to me. i only watch 30-45 minutes of the draft anyways. i've got better things to do than watch Goodell read a name every 15 minutes and watch the talking heads blab 10 minutes with 4 minutes of commecials tossed in. i'd rather do something and catch the summary later on line.

and with the Bulls and Flyers playing tonight, there won't be any time to squeze a 3rd show in. unless there are two blow outs.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    jones wrote:

a lions receiver joke on draft day. original....but i'll go with it

imagine goodell about to read the lion's pick.
    gunned down.
    millen drops from nowhere.."THE LIONS TRADE THE #2 PICK TO SEATTLE FOR MIKE WILLIAMS"
    grappling hooks out

perhaps we should tell Lions QB jokes.....

the lions have traded the #2 pick and Stafford to the Vikings for Brett Farve.

Farve upon hearing the news promptly retires..........for good
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    can't wait for the lions to be good so i can punch everyone in the face who jumps on board..(i live in orlando..it would happen)
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    jones wrote:
    can't wait for the lions to be good so i can punch everyone in the face who jumps on board..(i live in orlando..it would happen)

The first NFL game I ever went to was Lions vs Bears on Thanksgiving - saw Barry Sanders run riot and had no idea what was going on (I'd been in America all of one week at that point, and had never seen a game of football in my life).

Sorry about the Lions joke - does is lessen the sting coming from an 'Aints fan? If we can go from paper bags to the Super Bowl, maybe there's hope for the Lions.

Oh shit, who am I kidding... :lol:
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
    jones wrote:

The 50's called, they want the Lions to change their name.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Now you're in New York, New York
    Concrete jungle where dreams are made of
    There's nothing you can do

I've had just about enough of this song and the draft doesn't even start for another two hours!!!!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    And sorry in advance Jet fans, but this is one of my favorite draft videos ever:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLu ... r_embedded
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,976
    jones wrote:

under/over on following /phrases

good motor: 2,103
    skill set: 12,234
    tremendous upside: 1,394
    has all the intangibles you need to be succesful in this league: 1,234,555,001

i fucking hate espn

let's add "if I'm the (insert team name), I would blah, blah, blah": 105,673
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I do hate the stuffed shirts on the ESPN broadcast, but I'm very interested to see how this all unfolds tonight.

I bet Bradford goes 1.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Again ... NFL Network ... Eisen, Deoin, Mariucci, Irvin, Mayock, Marshall Faulk ... way better lineup.

About 15 minutes away.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Okay, I've made the switch to NFL Network.

Wait, since when have they introduced the kids to the crowd before the draft starts?
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    lol at Marino getting booed and looking furious.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    The St. Louis Rams are now ........ on the clock!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Here we go. Sam Bradford looks like he needs a drink.
    I'm watching this shit and I feel a little embarrassed. Good god, what a bunch of hype.

disclaimer: I'm at work. :shh:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    It's nice to actually see a suit worn properly during the NFL draft.
    think they're selling drinks @ RCMH? :think:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Not sure, but I will say this stage would be put to much better use with a Pearl Jam concert.
  • weird thing, I'm reading wikipedia entries about the players and they're saying the player is drafted minutes before it actually happened.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    imalive wrote:
    Not sure, but I will say this stage would be put to much better use with a Pearl Jam concert.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Chiefs on the clock...do we think Pioli will actually make a pick, or trade down?
    Chiefs on the clock...do we think Pioli will actually make a pick, or trade down?
    i didn't know there would be questions! :shock:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    i didn't know there would be questions! :shock:
    They took Berry. He's going to be a playmaker no doubt.

I bet Petey Caroll is jacked and pumped to make his first pick as a Seahawk.
    I'm already to the point where I haven't heard of guys :lol::lol::lol: . Must admit, I wouldn't know Joe Haden from Joe Mama.

Raiders, next......someone even YOU've never heard of????

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16