***2010 NFL Draft***

blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
So... who's your team? Who do you like? Does Bradford go first? Is he the real deal?

Should be fun to watch tonight!

And sorry in advance Jet fans, but this is one of my favorite draft videos ever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLu ... r_embedded

And this is old, but cracks me up everytime... From WDVE radio in Pittsburgh with Post-Gazette columnist Gene Collier:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU4GxyIM9L0
My whole life
was like a picture
of a sunny day
“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
― Abraham Lincoln
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• as a jet fan i dont even have to click on that link to know what it is- and its great. with the 29th pick id like jared odrick from PSU or at least someone who can rush the passer from the outside
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    U can add Vernon gholston to that jet video...... But I agree, pass rusher
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    I'm just hoping Bradford goes to St. Louis so Suh can come to Detroit!
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Seems to be a consensus that my Steelers will pick on offensive linemen.... I've seen Maurkice Pouncey from Florida on a few mocks, and that makes sense to me... A center is a pretty big need for the future.

With Holmes gone (and Ward at 63 years old), a WR is a bit of a need and so is a cornerback. Those positions can be filled in the 2nd-4th round pretty well though.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    detroit lions fan here

we're taking suh unless....

we trade for haynesworth and get okung with the swapped pick...or my dream player berry. him teamed up with delmas would be great..dah well
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Seems to be a consensus that my Steelers will pick on offensive linemen.... I've seen Maurkice Pouncey from Florida on a few mocks, and that makes sense to me... A center is a pretty big need for the future.

With Holmes gone (and Ward at 63 years old), a WR is a bit of a need and so is a cornerback. Those positions can be filled in the 2nd-4th round pretty well though.

If Wilson is there I would hope the go corner. If not Iupati and Pouncey are both good picks. They also have needs at D-line and Linebacker too.

And QB. :oops:
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Anyone know how long the draft clock is for the first round? I thought they reduced it in the last couple of years, and didn't know if it was changed again for this primetime thing.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    Anyone know how long the draft clock is for the first round? I thought they reduced it in the last couple of years, and didn't know if it was changed again for this primetime thing.

10 min/pick
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Pats have one pick on day one at #22 ... but 3 picks in the second round at 44, 47 and 53, which should be exciting.

One word ... DE-FENSE!

People seem to be pointing the Pats toward Texas OLB Sergio Kindle ... can play OLB in the 3-4 and DE in a 4-3 ... flexibility the Pats love.

Welker is going to be out at the start of the year so, I'm hearing WR might be a need (although, the Pats just signed their token old receiver the other day in Torry Holt) ... and with Ben Watson gone, the Pats need a TE (but again, the Pats signed Alge Crumpler)

The thing about the Pats' picks, they usualy never stay the Pats' picks, BB loves to trade. Really thought they were going to take one of the USC LBs last year but they kept trading down and eventually out of the first round. But, the focus better be on defense ... the Ravens pretty much showed why.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
    So... who's your team? Who do you like? Does Bradford go first? Is he the real deal?

Should be fun to watch tonight!

And sorry in advance Jet fans, but this is one of my favorite draft videos ever:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLu ... r_embedded

And this is old, but cracks me up everytime... From WDVE radio in Pittsburgh with Post-Gazette columnist Gene Collier:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU4GxyIM9L0

Love the draft. As a Dolphins fan I'd love to see Earl Thomas on the Phins. They need an OLB and a NT but Thomas is to good to pass up.

The Mel Kiper vs. Bill Toban duel back in the day was awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHiUqL2KLiM
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    Bills

9th pick. They will trade down. Either to the 69ers if Clausen is on the board, or to one of the teams #11-15 in the Rolando McClain sweepstakes.

Need as many picks as possible. too many holes that need young promising players and this is a deep draft.

I wouldnt be surprised to see them trade Schobel to the Giants, Fitzpatrick to the Bears, and Lynch to someone (Raiders?).

Also I think either Colt McCoy or Tim Tebow will be a Buffalo Bill by tomorrow night.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    just an FYI, the draft doesn't start until tommorrow

if you are a Bears fan
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

if you are a Bears fan

Curious... Is Chicago still happy with that trade?
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    In other news, Drew Brees will be on the cover of madden 11

sorry Drew
    81 wrote:

if you are a Bears fan

Curious... Is Chicago still happy with that trade?

I'm still ok with the trade. This year will be interesting since EVERYBODY from Phillips down to the ball boy are on the hot seat. It's playoffs or pink slip this year.

If i could have a do over, i would have kept this years 2nd rounder and passed on Gains Adams....that was sad....maybe the NFL should dole out replacement selections for cases like this.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    CROJAM95 wrote:

sorry Drew

I guess the Saints should start lookig at Qb's now
    CROJAM95 wrote:

sorry Drew

I can't see Drew playing bad, but with the curse he might end up with some nagging injury...

Is Mark Brunell still the back up there? Might not be a bad last round fantasy pick, lol
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,976
    I'm so sick of ESPN's 24/7 hyping of the draft that I could puke. McShay, Kuiper, Shefter, Mort, etc.: go the fuck away!!!

just my two cents. ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    CROJAM95 wrote:

sorry Drew

I can't see Drew playing bad, but with the curse he might end up with some nagging injury...

Is Mark Brunell still the back up there? Might not be a bad last round fantasy pick, lol

I agree, I think the injury bug might bite him. Don't think he will play bad.
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    imalive wrote:
    I'm so sick of ESPN's 24/7 hyping of the draft that I could puke. McShay, Kuiper, Shefter, Mort, etc.: go the fuck away!!!

just my two cents. ;)

under/over on following /phrases

good motor: 2,103
    skill set: 12,234
    tremendous upside: 1,394
    has all the intangibles you need to be succesful in this league: 1,234,555,001

i fucking hate espn
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    imalive wrote:

just my two cents. ;)

+ $0.02 here!
    More hockey playoff coverage, less draft hype... Oh, I guess that'd be a sporstscast, never mind...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
    imalive wrote:

just my two cents. ;)

NFL Network FTW ...

Eisen, Mayock, Billick ... et al. Note their covereage just starts, yes, an 11 hour pregame.

FYI, if you don't have the NFL Network, you can watch the draft tonight online for free from NFL.com

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • I hope the Bears can trade their 3rd and 4th round picks for an early 2nd rounder and get Arrelious Benn. They really need a wide receiver and this guy can come in right away and be their go-to guy.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    jimed14 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

just my two cents. ;)

NFL Network FTW ...

Eisen, Mayock, Billick ... et al. Note their covereage just starts, yes, an 11 hour pregame.

FYI, if you don't have the NFL Network, you can watch the draft tonight online for free from NFL.com

oh yeah, and Deoin Sanders ... say what you want, he's funny as hell.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,976
    jones wrote:
    has all the intangibles you need to be succesful in this league: 1,234,555,001

i fucking hate espn

or, instead of "this league" they get all pretentious and say "THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE" :roll:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    Hoping the Saints pick a QB since Brees probably won't make it out of training camp intact. Thanks, Madden.

I'm thinking Tebow would like to officially be a Saint, after four years of unofficially being one in Gainesville.
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
    is espn still on the air? i don't watch it unless there is an actual game on it. i'm sick of the talking heads
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I hope the Bears can trade their 3rd and 4th round picks for an early 2nd rounder and get Arrelious Benn. They really need a wide receiver and this guy can come in right away and be their go-to guy.

they need a saftey or corner more than a wide out.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    With the 8th pick in the 2010 nfl draft the Oakland Raiders select dez bryant out of Oklahoma state

:lol:

NFL NETWORK FTW

The nfl draft to me is/was rounds 1-3 on saturday and rounds 4-7 on sunday. The draft in primetime is bull shit.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

81 wrote:
    is espn still on the air? i don't watch it unless there is an actual game on it. i'm sick of the talking heads

I usually listen every morning (and sometimes watch) Mike & Mike.... other than that, just games. I can't honestly remember the last time I sat down to watch Sportscenter. It's been years.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln