Options

How friggin' awesome are the Black Keys??

124»

Comments

• Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    just saw them at the Metro for a Lolla aftershow....it was spellbinding in a 500 capacity club.
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Man, super jealous of the last two posters. I really want to see them again, especially in a small venue!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Gonna bump this sucker for simple fact that they are playing on SNL tonight!! Can't wait!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    These guys are so bad-ass! I am so excited to see them on SNL tonight, the Fiance and I listened to the 'Brothers' album today in preparation. I think they'll play Tighten Up and....Everlasting Light?...Maybe? But I would be really impressed if they played Never Gonna Give You Up!
    “I don't know what this means. I don't think it means anything.”
    -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    brothers is an incredible album. I need to check out more. :D Late to the Black Keys Party. sorry. :oops:
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Two more words...

Rubber Factory

Do It

Chulahoma

Get it.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,962
    what did they play last night on SNL? I saw "Tighten Up", but was driving home when they played their first song.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Novi, MI Posts: 548
    what did they play last night on SNL? I saw "Tighten Up", but was driving home when they played their first song.

Howlin' for you and Tighten Up.

Both awesome, though I thought the drums on Howlin' werent as prominant sounding as on the record. Which is what i love about that song
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    to answer the original question:
    they're pretty fucking awesome. if you get the chance to see them live, DO IT.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    mfc2006 wrote:
    to answer the original question:
    they're pretty fucking awesome. if you get the chance to see them live, DO IT.

Will do!
    ;)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    Two more words...

Rubber Factory

Do It

Chulahoma

Get it.

It's funny those are my least two favorite overall albums.

Though, lately I have really started to absolutely LOVE their first two records.

mfc: Agreed. Seeing them live opening for PJ was great.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
  • Options
    Two more words...

Rubber Factory

Do It

Chulahoma

Get it.

It's funny those are my least two favorite overall albums.

Though, lately I have really started to absolutely LOVE their first two records.

mfc: Agreed. Seeing them live opening for PJ was great.

Gotta bump this thread!! Loving, loving their new single Lonely Boy.

It's funny in the last post on this thread I mention that Rubber Factory was one of my least favorites of theirs. It's funny how music grows on you. It might, just might now be my favorite of all theory albums. Just love it!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    i got tixs for norfolk VA!!!!!!!!!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    I've been a fan since the beginning with these guys. Ever since I heard "Busted" I was hooked. Their albums and live shows always deliver.
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    ok, the mar 23rd show was 100xs better than i first saw them. one happy ticket buyer here!!!!!!!!

anybody know where i can find the setlist?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*