Options

How friggin' awesome are the Black Keys??

Comments

• Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    For me Next Girl, Tighten Up, and Howlin' For You are the best. I still have a long way to go until I fully realize the scope of the album!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    well this is one band that is going to be touring the hell out of the south! they added some new dates.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,962
    MrSmith wrote:
    well this is one band that is going to be touring the hell out of the south! they added some new dates.

:D

I'll be there for the July 30th show in philly
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    OffHeGoes132OffHeGoes132 Posts: 594
    I'll be buying my tickets for the DC show today once the presale begins!! 8-)

Can't fucking wait, never seen the Keys live before. Over the past couple years they've grown on me considerably as a top notch band...never seem to get tired of listening to them.
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    Got tickets for the Philly show and the Nashville show at the Ryman. Hopefully the Ryman is dried out by then!!

Looking forward to the new album, can't beat a great blues/rock album.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    nigelnigel Posts: 267
    New to the band but I assume checking them out in the intimate surrounding of the John Peel tent on Saturday evening at Glastonbury is a must! ;)

Which album (or two) would people recommend to get some pre-gig listening done?
  • Options
    tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    nigel wrote:
    New to the band but I assume checking them out in the intimate surrounding of the John Peel tent on Saturday evening at Glastonbury is a must! ;)

I'd start with Rubber Factory and Brothers.

Rubber Factory because it's their best record, and Brothers because it's the one they're touring behind (and is actually my second favorite record of theirs, awesome stuff).
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    got a ticket to asheville!
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    OffHeGoes132OffHeGoes132 Posts: 594
    tcaporale wrote:
    nigel wrote:

Rubber Factory because it's their best record, and Brothers because it's the one they're touring behind (and is actually my second favorite record of theirs, awesome stuff).

Good call. I would say the same. I'm very impressed with the new album. Rubber Factory would have to be the tops though. 10AM Automatic!!!! Definitely check this band out to those who are curious. Very talented. Dan Auerback's solo album is great too.
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    his solo album is indeed great...

if you register on their website their is a new track for d/l... just a heads up.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    My personal favorite song of theirs is "The Lengths".
  • Options
    tcaporale wrote:
    My personal favorite song of theirs is "The Lengths".

very cool track indeed.. my personal fav is i got mine.

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    The Black Keys are playing a small show for a good cause on the 19th May in NYC:
    http://www.housingworks.org/events/deta ... lack-keys/
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    nigelnigel Posts: 267
    tcaporale wrote:
    nigel wrote:

Good call. I would say the same. I'm very impressed with the new album. Rubber Factory would have to be the tops though. 10AM Automatic!!!! Definitely check this band out to those who are curious. Very talented. Dan Auerback's solo album is great too.

Thanks for the tips chaps - much appreciated!

The Black Keys are definitely on my must see list (alongside Muse and The Dead Weather). I will report back on the gig after I have recovered from my end of June week of rock (PJ twice followed by Glasto!) :)
  • Options
    Just listened to Brothers on NPR an love it. Will have to get my hands on some more. Can't wait to see them live next week.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... c=fb&cc=fp
    I carried a watermelon
  • Options
    noahmnoahm Posts: 19
    IGotShit76 wrote:

The Black Keys are friggin' awesome and these videos kick ass.
    I'm so annoyed I can't make it to the MSG show.
  • Options
    IGotShit76IGotShit76 Posts: 768
    Just purchased "Brothers" today ... freaking good album. It has a really nice vibe. Go get it now !!!
    Lucky those who will see them opening for PJ at MSG in two days.
  • Options
    he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Next Girl may be the best music video I've ever seen :D
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    lucky bastards who are seeing them at the garden as we speak.. great opener for PJ. brothers is WOW thats all i can say.

• Options
    Zoso wrote:
    lucky bastards who are seeing them at the garden as we speak.. great opener for PJ. brothers is WOW thats all i can say.
    Yeah, I mean I was fine with seeing Band of Horses open on the 15th in Hartford, but I'd love to see the Keys.

I'd love to go to the Garden eventually, as well.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,962
    Someone pointed this cool fact out about the "Brothers" cd. When you take the actual cd out, it's all black, but when you put it in your cd played and let it heat up it turns all white with black lettering. Cool it off and it for a few mins. and it's all black again. Pretty awesome!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,594
    i really wish they would have been opening the whole tour. going to see them (with the whigs opening!) in NOLA in sept.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,594
    Someone pointed this cool fact out about the "Brothers" cd. When you take the actual cd out, it's all black, but when you put it in your cd played and let it heat up it turns all white with black lettering. Cool it off and it for a few mins. and it's all black again. Pretty awesome!

nice. i've only spun the vinyl so far.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    where's the msg peeps?
  • Options
    JL19851JL19851 Posts: 209
    They were great last night. Short set since they were the opening band, but they played (from memory) Thickfreakness, 10 AM Automatic, Your Touch, Everlasting Light, Next Girl, Howlin' For You, Too Afraid to Love You, Ten Cent Pistol, Tighten Up, and I Got Mine...I think in that order. For the Brothers songs, accompanied by a guitarist and someone playing that freaky organ thing that Dan was playing on their last tour for Oceans & Streams.

It's a shame they are not opening the show tonight, as I have no interest in seeing Band of Horses.
  • Options
    Wolf At BayWolf At Bay Posts: 236
    ComeToTX wrote:

nice. i've only spun the vinyl so far.

So is the CD that comes with the vinyl also color changing?
  • Options
    Wolf At BayWolf At Bay Posts: 236
    JL19851 wrote:
    They were great last night. Short set since they were the opening band, but they played (from memory) Thickfreakness, 10 AM Automatic, Your Touch, Everlasting Light, Next Girl, Howlin' For You, Too Afraid to Love You, Ten Cent Pistol, Tighten Up, and I Got Mine...I think in that order. For the Brothers songs, accompanied by a guitarist and someone playing that freaky organ thing that Dan was playing on their last tour for Oceans & Streams.

It's a shame they are not opening the show tonight, as I have no interest in seeing Band of Horses.
    You should read the feature Rolling Stone did on the Black Keys - at the end they're checking out music on itunes and when they put on band of horses, after like 15 seconds, they go "i'm bored already"
    they seem like cool dudes
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    You should read the feature Rolling Stone did on the Black Keys - at the end they're checking out music on itunes and when they put on band of horses, after like 15 seconds, they go "i'm bored already"
    they seem like cool dudes

just read the article.
    lmao!
    i feel the same way.
    i loved when he said that because i feel the same way.
    i'm so jealous they opened in NYC.
    was really bummed when i saw them and the sound was terrible.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*