Where are the single Pearl Jam ladies?!?!?

sleightofhandmansleightofhandman Posts: 20
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Hi... This isn't a blatant, desperate atempt at hooking up (disclaimer)... but... I'm a ten club member (below 300,000) and been a HUGE fan longer than that. Been to many shows all over North America, cant get enough of the lyrics, feelings, and emotions experienced through PJ's music. In fact, on some conspiracy theorist kind of way, I relate to PJ music almost as if it has been the soundtrack to my life. Now, if only I could meet that girl out there who feels the same as me! Believe me, I've tried. I've gone to the shows, listed them as favs on my online dating profiles, and even broken up with girls who declined on trips to concerts! So... Where are you?!?!? I'm 36, 6-03, not ugly, I'm a fitness fanatic (clean and healthy life), non smoker, love my big dog (his name is Mookie!), have a nice career in law enforcement (not a typical town cop), and I treat women with the respect they deserve! Email me!!! (with PJ fan as the subject). I live in New Jersey, and I'd love to chat via email! <!-- e --><a href="mailto:bobbyftrain@hotmail.com">bobbyftrain@hotmail.com</a><!-- e --> non-PJ fans need not apply! ... Bobby
Definition of Bliss: Randall's Island NY 09/28/96 AND 09/29/96.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Where are the single Pearl Jam ladies?.... hiding i'd expect.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    :?
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Bu$chlagerBu$chlager Posts: 498
    I'm gonna give this guy some props. It's rough trying to find friends who like PJ, period. Let alone single attractive female Pearl Jam fans. I'm guessing they've all been snatched by by the No Code/Yield tours. I feel your pain, Bobby. Good luck!
  • OffMeGoesOffMeGoes Posts: 483
    This has been fully pondered, debated, torn apart and pieced together......all by me for past 19 years......there is no answer.....

BUT....there is another thread that got really amazing around page 134 or something....so rather than have you go read all that, I just copied some of the good stuff......the stuff I wrote that is......

Here:

Ok......would it even work to date a person that is obsessed with MY band????? Just think about it.....

plus side:

1. Every Christmas, Birthday, Valentine's, Labor Day etc....I would shamelessly gift her amazing seats and travel to where ever PJ was at that particular time.......and yes, I can act well enough to make them for her.
    2. I never have to bring "other" disks for road trips.
    3. I could still "own" (and maybe wear when she is away) all the cool PJ gear for women
    4. Would never have to ever explain why I like Pearl Jam again. It wouldnt matter.......
    5. Having her stand in front of me at a show and sing ever lyric together...(unless she was over 6'1"....then she could stand be behind me......and deflect anything thrown)

down side.
    1. Competition. How hard would I have to work to ensure that she isnt standing there in the middle of a concert, cross armed, scowling at me for singing "Lay her now as peace does, show the low we are accounting, will be maaaay my On Her, may it pay pay pay for the year."..I would be so happy, then I turn and....I can see her face now....
    2. Dealing with her carrying Ed's pick in her pocket for three years straight and leaving your gift or memento in the drawer.
    3. What if she had an awful voice and sang every song at a show?? Could you imagine that conversation........???? Hey babe,....hmmmm. So, for this show.....I was thinking.....that,.....maybe,....well, you see. Singing is great. I mean, singing is - you, you are so beautiful. Here, come here. Hold my hand. You see....I love singing at shows, and I love you, and I ....................(in my head: want to still go to the show and still have a chance to put my hey nanner nanner in your who who dilly) love hearing you sing (under my breath....sing like a dying camel).....that's all. You ready?
    4. What if after every show was the only time she closed her eyes during the dirty? "All the thoughts, you never see......you're always thinking......" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    5. Being corrected during fights five months later: me: "oh yeah, well, you smell like old ham!!!!" her: "HA! ............(fading as she walks out the front door) "AND you dont even know the words state of love and trust you knuckledhead....it's lay her down as priest does, should the lord be acountin', will be in my honour, make it pain painfully quick" stupid face!!!!!!!!! Now sit and spin! Im going shopping.........
    6. The break up. Who gets the Raleigh 98. Tell you what.....I will give you the kids and the toys, just let me have the poster.

I Don't know.....undecided. 50/50.....I guess show me a normal female,....er.....I mean, cool PJ girl that is single and it may tip this logjam of a discussion.
    Formally known as Tackalac before being formally known as Vedderwt,,,,....release my old name and posts....

I saw a wino eating grapes, I said, "Dude, you have to wait"
  • Uhhhh, I know quite a few single women that are pj fans that feel the exact same way.....

Some of the pj guys should come with a warning as well: Do not mix with beer- may turn into sudden DB.
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    Uhhhh, I know quite a few single women that are pj fans that feel the exact same way.....

Some of the pj guys should come with a warning as well: Do not mix with beer- may turn into sudden DB.
    hahahaha, i don't think most of us need beer to be BDs. regaurdless, every girl i've dated that has like PJ was not that good in the end. It only turned out the only thig we had in common was PJ sometimes. I don't know if I could ever date a girl as obsessed with PJ as I am though. That might be wierd. But whatever, I do find it attractive
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I don't think it should be a prerequisite to meeting nice compatible partners, Pearl Jam that is, or whatever music you like. When you fall in love people usually gravitate to the likes of their partners anyways. But I can see how you can try to use Pearl Jam to meet nice ladies, kind of like using your Mookie. 8-) Similar results.
  • NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    pandora wrote:
    I don't think it should be a prerequisite to meeting nice compatible partners, Pearl Jam that is, or whatever music you like. When you fall in love people usually gravitate to the likes of their partners anyways. But I can see how you can try to use Pearl Jam to meet nice ladies, kind of like using your Mookie. 8-) Similar results.

+1

I think you have to be more tolerant with your future girlfriend's taste in music (and that doesn't mean that she would listen to Beyonce....).
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • OffMeGoesOffMeGoes Posts: 483
    Uhhhh, I know quite a few single women that are pj fans that feel the exact same way.....

Speaking to my heart......that is why this guy sticks to the heroin, the medium red ones I think are uppers, the magicjuice and the 40oz of redbull....I'm tired of wanting to kick my own ass
    Formally known as Tackalac before being formally known as Vedderwt,,,,....release my old name and posts....

I saw a wino eating grapes, I said, "Dude, you have to wait"
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,262
    I would love to meet the man of my dreams in the form of a PJ guy - for our honeymoon we would follow part of that year's PJ tour. I think concerts can be pretty romantic if you're concert buddy is the same as your life partner :)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • like.echoeslike.echoes Posts: 582
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    I would love to meet the man of my dreams in the form of a PJ guy - for our honeymoon we would follow part of that year's PJ tour. I think concerts can be pretty romantic if you're concert buddy is the same as your life partner :)

Well, I don't know about "romantic", but it would be pretty kick-ass. ;)
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • yeah I may be a chick as well bud but I feel yer pain I HAD a kick ass PJ girlfriend that I met at the Frisco show with Neil Young .. but she is no longer with us here in the living so I too am looking for another great love to share my lovely world of music in which PJ is our sun.....Sigh... one day soon I hope
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I met my GF on the U2 forum. Music is only one thing that we have in common, it takes a lot more than just liking the same music for a good relationship. We knew each other for a few years before we got together. And of course we both are PJ fans too.
  • prodacakeprodacake Posts: 319
    dunkman wrote:
    Where are the single Pearl Jam ladies?.... hiding i'd expect.

Class mate that made me laugh :D
  • riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    yeah I may be a chick as well bud but I feel yer pain I HAD a kick ass PJ girlfriend that I met at the Frisco show with Neil Young .. but she is no longer with us here in the living so I too am looking for another great love to share my lovely world of music in which PJ is our sun.....Sigh... one day soon I hope

to my knowledge, they have never played Frisco... if you're referring to San Francisco, just know that no one calls it "Frisco."

As a "single PJ lady" I'm going to agree with the assessment that a single PJ guy is just as difficult to find. Most of the ones I see at concerts would knock down an old lady to get their ticket, and are the type of person who would not offer their seat on a train to a pregnant girl. In other words, most of them don't have enough sense to come in out of the rain.
    And how I would LOVE to be proven wrong on this point.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Wellll any from the younger lot from the uk? :P
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Uhhhh, I know quite a few single women that are pj fans that feel the exact same way......

Are YOU one??? lol... :P
  • I am a huge PJ fan and am married to a man who isn't in to them. I listen to PJ everyday and although he would prefer not to he has started liking some of their music.
    I took him to see PJ last year in Sydney and he was blown away by how great live they are.

I don't think a future girlfriend of yours has to love PJ like you do, just as long as she respects how much you love them and you too respect her liking other music.

My Husband and i are total opposites and we have been together for 10 years, I wouldn't have it any other way as i think we would become boring!
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star
    In somebody else's sky, but why, why, why
    Can't it be, can't it be mine
  • simplemansimpleman Posts: 425
    took my wife to 1 PJ concert a few years ago. That will never happen again, and she's o.k. with it. I've traveled all over the country to see them and continue to do the same. It's my getaway, a passion for something other than my wife and son. She would never take that away from me and I respect her for that. Bottom line is, if I found a girl that was my equal on the PJ front, I feel like it would take something very personal away from me. It's the same with the Sox games, I'll take her once or twice a season, but she's not into it. We've found new things in our life that we can love together...... it just won't ever be Pearl Jam. Just food for thought as you search for that perfect "Pearl Jam lady"....
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    simpleman knows his stuff
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    Hi... This isn't a blatant, desperate atempt at hooking up (disclaimer)... but... I'm a ten club member (below 300,000) and been a HUGE fan longer than that. Been to many shows all over North America, cant get enough of the lyrics, feelings, and emotions experienced through PJ's music. In fact, on some conspiracy theorist kind of way, I relate to PJ music almost as if it has been the soundtrack to my life. Now, if only I could meet that girl out there who feels the same as me! Believe me, I've tried. I've gone to the shows, listed them as favs on my online dating profiles, and even broken up with girls who declined on trips to concerts! So... Where are you?!?!? I'm 36, 6-03, not ugly, I'm a fitness fanatic (clean and healthy life), non smoker, love my big dog (his name is Mookie!), have a nice career in law enforcement (not a typical town cop), and I treat women with the respect they deserve! Email me!!! (with PJ fan as the subject). I live in New Jersey, and I'd love to chat via email! <!-- e --><a href="mailto:bobbyftrain@hotmail.com">bobbyftrain@hotmail.com</a><!-- e --> non-PJ fans need not apply! ... Bobby

We're here, alright!!! Try Chicago, it's an absolute hotbed of single PJ women.*

None of the single male PJ fans I see writing similar posts are anywhere near me....

* Scientific findings based on non-random samplings of area directly surrounding writer.
  • jammergirljammergirl Posts: 599
    simpleman wrote:
    took my wife to 1 PJ concert a few years ago. That will never happen again, and she's o.k. with it. I've traveled all over the country to see them and continue to do the same. It's my getaway, a passion for something other than my wife and son. She would never take that away from me and I respect her for that. Bottom line is, if I found a girl that was my equal on the PJ front, I feel like it would take something very personal away from me. It's the same with the Sox games, I'll take her once or twice a season, but she's not into it. We've found new things in our life that we can love together...... it just won't ever be Pearl Jam. Just food for thought as you search for that perfect "Pearl Jam lady"....

I completely agree, I think its healthy to have a couple different passions, and my guy understands that PJ is one of mine. He doesn't mind their music, but he definitely doesn't get the concept of seeing multiple shows..so I go with like-minded friends and have a blast. It's nice not feeling like you have to "share" every experience.

Now, I do have a hot single twin sister, and I really wouldn't mind having a future brother-in-law that was into PJ...just throwing that out there... ;)
  • Bu$chlagerBu$chlager Posts: 498
    Considering I live in NY and those shows sell like hot cakes, I can only assume there are several single PJ gals within my remote location. Clearly I must be doing something wrong...
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    Your post cracked me up! :lol:
    Good luck man, I hope you find yourself a sweet PJ lovin' single lady.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I guess Im one of the lucky few. My gf loves pj and I took her to her first show in 2000. She actualy cried when they walked on stage. Now we've seen the boys over 25 times together. The best part is that she also loves other bands I love to like tool, SD, bad religion, etc. She's really into music. Together we've seen over 50+ concerts over the years. It's a blast having someone in my life who's into music as much as I am. Shell call me up and say,"hey I picked up some tickets to see the killers." I'd be like,"sweet, another show!!!" if it's one thing I can count on is that I'll never be dateless to a show, unless we break up... :mrgreen:
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    oona left wrote:

We're here, alright!!! Try Chicago, it's an absolute hotbed of single PJ women.*

None of the single male PJ fans I see writing similar posts are anywhere near me....

* Scientific findings based on non-random samplings of area directly surrounding writer.

I think I'm close enough and single.

*Geographically that is.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,573
    It's almost a 50/50 thing that my friends tease me with when i'm looking for the one. To go for a PJ woman or don't go for a PJ woman. But it's kinda hard when you're an art, music & huge Pearl Jam collector that's been collecting PJ goodies since '91.

So you're in this serious relationship. You're having makeup dinner @ a fancy resturant. You're thinking it's time to ask her to move in with you. "You don't mind living in a house filled with alot of Pearl Jam stuff, do you?" I can already see her eyes dazed & scared! No is gonna be the first thing that I know she is gonna say first, then I would have to talk her into it or something. She's thinking to herself while coughing on some pita bread 'Too move into a house filled with Pearl Jam stuff with the man I love? Or ask him to sell 2 rooms worth of Pearl Jam stuff so I can put my shit. If he say's yes, it's a deal!' .. D'oh!!!!

It's hard man! It's probably best to not think about being single. Just have fun. Focus on work. Make the money. Party as much as you can. Someday, the right woman will fall for you. Cause if you keep on trying, you're gonna be climbing the walls forever!
    demetrios wrote:
    It's almost a 50/50 thing that my friends tease me with when i'm looking for the one. To go for a PJ woman or don't go for a PJ woman. But it's kinda hard when you're an art, music & huge Pearl Jam collector that's been collecting PJ goodies since '91.

So you're in this serious relationship. You're having makeup dinner @ a fancy resturant. You're thinking it's time to ask her to move in with you. "You don't mind living in a house filled with alot of Pearl Jam stuff, do you?" I can already see her eyes dazed & scared! No is gonna be the first thing that I know she is gonna say first, then I would have to talk her into it or something. She's thinking to herself while coughing on some pita bread 'Too move into a house filled with Pearl Jam stuff with the man I love? Or ask him to sell 2 rooms worth of Pearl Jam stuff so I can put my shit. If he say's yes, it's a deal!' .. D'oh!!!!

It's hard man! It's probably best to not think about being single. Just have fun. Focus on work. Make the money. Party as much as you can. Someday, the right woman will fall for you. Cause if you keep on trying, you're gonna be climbing the walls forever!

I think that's the best way to think about it. When you don't care life is more fun and more things happen. You see a lot more of what's going on around you.

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,688
    yeah I may be a chick as well bud but I feel yer pain I HAD a kick ass PJ girlfriend that I met at the Frisco show with Neil Young .. but she is no longer with us here in the living so I too am looking for another great love to share my lovely world of music in which PJ is our sun.....Sigh... one day soon I hope

to my knowledge, they have never played Frisco... if you're referring to San Francisco, just know that no one calls it "Frisco."

As a "single PJ lady" I'm going to agree with the assessment that a single PJ guy is just as difficult to find. Most of the ones I see at concerts would knock down an old lady to get their ticket, and are the type of person who would not offer their seat on a train to a pregnant girl. In other words, most of them don't have enough sense to come in out of the rain.
    And how I would LOVE to be proven wrong on this point.

Frisco is actually a small town in Colorado near the major ski resorts and NO PJ has never played there either!!

I am an "older" single PJ fan with a 10 club membership started in later 1993 and I not only would step around an old lady to get a ticket I would happily offer my seat on a train to a pregnant girl. I also do not go out in the rain unless I am wearing my waterproof breathable gear because there is no bad weather just bad gear.
    Wasn't the Bridge School Benefit in San Francisco?

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago