10club lying about extra stuff with Backspacer?

Comments

• drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Get_Right wrote:
    Thats my only complaint about the 10c, promised or not, why cant they just provide some INFORMATION!!!
    That seems to be the scarcest commodity around here. Doesnt cost anything to just say-sorry we tried to work something special out, but sony wont let us-or whatever. Same with the Philly boots-would it be so hard to just let us know whats happening? But then again, I guess they would end up in the same place if they were unable to deliver.
    Yeah... remember the old 'rumor pits' they used to do? Something like that would be good to quickly address some of the outstanding issues without having to go into too much detail. And honestly - they could still release some stuff for the backspacer TC version now although every day it would seem much more unlikely.
  • Get_Right wrote:
    stay tuned = a promise?
    c'mon, how long have you been doing business with the 10c?
    "stay tuned" means something might happen or something might not happen

last time I checked, when I'm watching a TV show and it says "stay tuned" it doesn't switch to the next show. It comes back and finishes the story.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    Kat....you took the time to copy and paste the posting guidelines but you completely ignore the issue causing people to act this way. Come on now. You have the power to put out the flames by giving some semblance of information here. I understand you can't comment on tickets/upcoming tour dates but you seriously can't tell us what happened with free downloads you told us we were getting?
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Kat....you took the time to copy and paste the posting guidelines but you completely ignore the issue causing people to act this way. Come on now. You have the power to put out the flames by giving some semblance of information here. I understand you can't comment on tickets/upcoming tour dates but you seriously can't tell us what happened with free downloads you told us we were getting?

"stay tuned" for an answer from 10C.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    DS114969 wrote:

"stay tuned" for an answer from 10C.

Hahaha. People bitch about ticket prices (myself included) and the way tour dates are announced but the Ten Club employees have ZERO control over that stuff and you can't get mad at them for that or not commenting on that (and plenty of people do). But this is an example of something they have control over...or at least control over updating us or telling us sorry, you aren't getting them anymore....and they won't communicate with us at all other than to lock threads.
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    This is such a non issue. Put your time and effort into something else. False advertising Jesus Christ...
    shadowcast wrote:
    This is such a non issue. Put your time and effort into something else. False advertising Jesus Christ...

If it's a non-issue, why did you put the effort into posting this? Maybe you should take your own advice?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,177
    Might be a small issue, but it still is an issue. At least to me. I remember many people ponder which version to buy, and I bet many choose the (more expansive) version from 10c not only because of the hardbook packaging or "loyalty" but for the extras that we were to get.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • KatKat Posts: 4,842

Please contact the Ten Club with your membership and/or product questions.

And please take the cautions and hints about the forum environment to heart. Thank you.
    Falling down,...not staying down
    Kat wrote:

Please contact the Ten Club with your membership and/or product questions.

And please take the cautions and hints about the forum environment to heart. Thank you.

Done. E-mail sent. Thanks for responding.
    Please post the recieved answer here, would be appriciated. (if you recieve and answer that is :))

Maybe this will get that "sta tuned" thing rolling...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Please post the recieved answer here, would be appriciated. (if you recieve and answer that is :))

Yes- agreed.

I realize the mods/band wants us to be positive and I totally get that. But what I don't get is why something this simple can't be answered when it was promised in an email they sent to us all to get us to buy the CD through them.

The complete lack of information is what leads to a lot of the negativity around here... I really think that would be the #1 reason actually for what causes so many negative threads. I'm excluding ticket sales because that's only around tour time as opposed to all-around.
  • Did you get your Backspacer like yesterday? It's been out for awhile who gives a shit now.

I'm getting tired of hearing all the negative bullshit. I jioned the club in 1994 and screwed the pooch and let my membership expire in 1997 and rejoined in 1998. So I've been a consistant member for 12 years now. There have been times when I wish the club would have done things different but ooh well.

You got a problem, don't renew...one less ticket used goes to someone else in the club.

Not to be a dick but christ give the Ten Club a break.
    1998 - St. Louis
    2000 - St. Louis
    2003 - West Palm Beach, St. Louis, Champaign, Bonner Springs, and East Troy
    2004 - St. Louis, Asheville, and Kissimmee
    2005 - Kitchener and London, Ontario
    2006 - Chicago Night 1, Cincinnati, and St. Paul Night 1
    2007 - Lollapalooza
    2010 - St. Louis and Noblesville
    2011 - East Troy PJ20 Night 1 and Night 2
    2013 - Wrigley and Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis and Memphis
    2016 - Lexington
    2018 - Wrigley Night 1 

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
    Did you get your Backspacer like yesterday? It's been out for awhile who gives a shit now.

I'm getting tired of hearing all the negative bullshit. I jioned the club in 1994 and screwed the pooch and let my membership expire in 1997 and rejoined in 1998. So I've been a consistant member for 12 years now. There have been times when I wish the club would have done things different but ooh well.

You got a problem, don't renew...one less ticket used goes to someone else in the club.

Not to be a dick but christ give the Ten Club a break.
    Way to stay away from the negativity ;)
  • Also to avoid the verbal lashing I expect to get. Sorry for letting you get the brunt of my frustration, it just had to be said and I may have stepped out of line.

I'm just stoked as hell to see these motherfuckers live, it's been three years too long.

No matter what they do to piss you off once your in that crowd on the floor you'll be screaming like a little girl. I'm almost 30 and Pearl Jam is the last thing in this world that makes me feel like it's Christmas and personally I thank them for that.
    1998 - St. Louis
    2000 - St. Louis
    2007 - Lollapalooza
    2016 - Lexington
    2018 - Wrigley Night 1 

Did you get your Backspacer like yesterday? It's been out for awhile who gives a shit now.
    Pre-ordered it (through here obviously) so the answer to that question is no. And I give a shit, therefore I started this thread.
    This is a stupid remark, and I think you know that too. Tenclub is wonderful enough for all of us to to be members of (I would stay member even if they woiuld never tour Europe again, would not have the Holiday single or realese Deep) but still I will express myself when I think something is wrong. I don't think tenclub have a problem with this, the hardcore worshippers that are incapable of seing the cracks in the organisation or Pearl Jams surface maybe have. But they are more scary than us who choose to have opinions I beleive.
    I'm just stoked as hell to see these motherfuckers live, it's been three years too long.
    Me too, and it been less then a year since I saw them. Even though I fucked up that experience by worriying about my friends experience more than my own (leading me to buying beer during Bee Girl and Betterman etc). I hate myself for that, so this time I won't care if my following don't get Insignificance or getting tired of waiting for Alive and want to get beer - I will rock the fuck out for 3h...

I will indeed. No word yet but the day is young.
    It's 8 in the evening here :) And I'm gonne have a middle eastern easter with BODY OF LIES and HURT LOCKER, then maybe MONSTERS INC.
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    The Ten Club NEVER made any promises about anything extra being included with their version of Backspacer. Target and ITunes offered 2 free concert downloads if you bought through them ONLY!!!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Did you get your Backspacer like yesterday? It's been out for awhile who gives a shit now.
    Pre-ordered it (through here obviously) so the answer to that question is no. And I give a shit, therefore I started this thread.
    This is a stupid remark, and I think you know that too. Tenclub is wonderful enough for all of us to to be members of (I would stay member even if they woiuld never tour Europe again, would not have the Holiday single or realese Deep) but still I will express myself when I think something is wrong. I don't think tenclub have a problem with this, the hardcore worshippers that are incapable of seing the cracks in the organisation or Pearl Jams surface maybe have. But they are more scary than us who choose to have opinions I beleive.
    Me too, and it been less then a year since I saw them. Even though I fucked up that experience by worriying about my friends experience more than my own (leading me to buying beer during Bee Girl and Betterman etc). I hate myself for that, so this time I won't care if my following don't get Insignificance or getting tired of waiting for Alive and want to get beer - I will rock the fuck out for 3h...

Hey man, peace. All I'm saying is this post just seems very trivial, but it's a free country and more power to you for voicing your opinion.

All I was doing was trying to pull from a different perspective.
    1998 - St. Louis
    2000 - St. Louis
    2007 - Lollapalooza
    2016 - Lexington
    2018 - Wrigley Night 1 

The Ten Club NEVER made any promises about anything extra being included with their version of Backspacer. Target and ITunes offered 2 free concert downloads if you bought through them ONLY!!!

Check out page 1 or 2 in this thread. Both a copy and pasted email and an image taken from the website.

Please read the entire thread before commenting.
    but it's a free country
    I'm from Sweden so I'm not part of this "free country" you are refering to - if you mean USA ;)
  • force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    Please post if somebody knows if there is a download available. I never read the email sent by TC that someone posted on this thread.

Still, I put my TC BS in my PC and clicked on Downloads. It only connects you with the goods section for purchasing bootlegs, if I remember right. I knew that only Itunes and target version had free downloads.

Anyway, we should do what Kat posted and send TC an email. However, if someone already has an answer it would be easier for us and TC if it were available on this thread. Thanks.

( )

By the way, I know it´s not the topic here. But, if an album comes out with free bonus features like concert downloads, doesn´t billboard and other album sales related institutes exclude such albums from their list? I´m curious if BS got to be # 1 despite having such versions cut out of the sales list.
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335

Check out page 1 or 2 in this thread. Both a copy and pasted email and an image taken from the website.

I just read it and it appears you are right. I never received that e-mail from the 10 club or saw that information posted here. I was under the impression that Target and ITunes were the only ones you could get the concert downloads from.

I bought Backspacer through ITunes and the 2 concert downloads suck because they are not the complete shows...they removed any cover songs that were played during the concert...so you really are not missing out on anything. You are better off going to pearljambootlegs.org (not sure if that is the correct website?) and getting the complete concert.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • KatKat Posts: 4,842
    Ok....I have it... :wave:

The Ten Club has not forgotten you or what was said. They're working on something. Please be patient.

Now, I know you want more...but that's all there is....and there is no timeline on when it will happen.

Again, your patience is appreciated.

Have a great weekend everyone! 8-)
    Falling down,...not staying down
    edited April 2010
    Thanks Kat!

(and my thread forced a response from 10C -weee!)

BUT, it should be noted that waiting 30 weeks without 10club so much of giving ANY information is really weak. REALLY weak. That answer coming know (to keep staying tuned) - should have come earlier and without "us" pushing.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    Kat wrote:

The Ten Club has not forgotten you or what was said. They're working on something. Please be patient.

Now, I know you want more...but that's all there is....and there is no timeline on when it will happen.

Kat to the rescue!
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Kat wrote:

Thanks Kat! :clap: :thumbup:

Have a great Easter weekend!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Must be a free club gig for ten clubbers in Dublin 21. june :)
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Thanks Kat!

(and my thread forced a response from 10C -weee!)

BUT, it should be noted that waiting 30 weeks without 10club so much of giving ANY information is really weak. REALLY weak. That answer coming know (to keep staying tuned) - should have come earlier and without "us" pushing.

At least Kat took the time to answer being that I'm sure she has nothing better to do, you know with the band touring in about a month and having to get out tickets together.

Yes thanks Kat and do you have a bottle to give to Mr. Man as well.
    1998 - St. Louis
    2000 - St. Louis
    2007 - Lollapalooza
    2016 - Lexington