10club lying about extra stuff with Backspacer?

Comments

• hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    Maybe lying is the wrong word. More like told us they were on the way then just A. ignored it and B. ignored every time someone on the board brings it up. Shades of Big, Bold, and Free. In terms of being a business, which they are, they really don't do a very good job in certain areas.
  • I've never seen backspacer for 9.99.
    I've seen it for 7.99
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--May 30, 2006
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--June 22, 2008
    Lyric Opera House-Baltimore, MD--June 14, 2009(Eddie Vedder Solo)
    Wachovia Spectrum-Philadelphia, PA--Oct 31, 2009

I Only Own My Mind...
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,967
    Maybe lying is the wrong word. More like told us they were on the way then just A. ignored it and B. ignored every time someone on the board brings it up. Shades of Big, Bold, and Free. In terms of being a business, which they are, they really don't do a very good job in certain areas.

They never said it was "on its way". They said there MIGHT be some sort of freebie but they never elaborated on it and it never materialized.

There was never a listing in the Goods section for a Backspacer CD with "Free Downloads".
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Cosmo wrote:
    I know there was a lot of talk about it when the album was realesed about special features with the 10club version. But I can be wrong, so someone prove me wrong :)
    I think that others have already proved you wrong. The 2 free bootlegs (the Target copy gave me diddly squat).
    And I can further testify by saying I got 2... and swapped them for a different 2 from a friend.
    I got 2 free downloads from a target backspacer
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--May 30, 2006
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--June 22, 2008
    Lyric Opera House-Baltimore, MD--June 14, 2009(Eddie Vedder Solo)
    Wachovia Spectrum-Philadelphia, PA--Oct 31, 2009

I Only Own My Mind...
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    on2legs wrote:
    I agree with you in theory except when the person is whining worse than a two year old about something so tiny and inconsequential then its appropriate to pull the "be happy you're not starving in Africa with a bloated belly and flies crawling on you" card.
    I'd agree with this except if you find this so meaningless why come into the thread and try to shred people for talking about it?

The TC DID promise additional bonus items with backspacer. Whether it was before people were talking about the Target downloads or after, there were definitely promises made that so far have not been upheld.

Whether or not people want to get upset about it - you can't deny that fact that bonus features were promised and have not been delivered.

I'm not worrying about it, but obviously would have rather gotten some bonus things than not. Maybe even some demo versions of backspacer songs or something like that - big bold and free? :)
    I've never seen backspacer for 9.99.
    I've seen it for 7.99
    Ditto - I think day after Thanksgiving it was crazy cheap @ Target and I think its been at $9.99 a few times since then on sale there as well.
    drsluggo wrote:
    The TC DID promise additional bonus items with backspacer. Whether it was before people were talking about the Target downloads or after, there were definitely promises made that so far have not been upheld.

Whether or not people want to get upset about it - you can't deny that fact that bonus features were promised and have not been delivered.

A bonus was NEVER promised. The 10 Club said they would look into it - there was no promises made.

And there was never a CD in the Goods section that claimed to offer a free bonus with the purchase.

Maybe next time people ask the 10 Club a question like this they should just say "fuck no" from the start and it would avoid all the bellyaching that usually follows.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    edited April 2010
    email.png

says the target and itunes ones had a free download, and to stay tuned to free crap from the 10c thing. same email explains the $2 per ticket for charity thing.
    Post edited by washedinblack91 on
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
    on2legs wrote:
    A bonus was NEVER promised. The 10 Club said they would look into it - there was no promises made.

And there was never a CD in the Goods section that claimed to offer a free bonus with the purchase..
    More than a few people posted this back in Sept:
    "I got an email from 10c saying they'd update the free bonus content throughout the year"

It wasn't in the goods section, but it was all over the boards in September that the TC was saying there would be exclusive downloads through the year.

I'm sure there are more links floating around to posts about it, but to say it was "NEVER" promised is just not true.
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    on2legs wrote:
    A bonus was NEVER promised.

Please kindly turn your attention to the post below yours sheep.

Thanks
  • on2legs wrote:

Thanks

Tactfully said. :roll:

The 10C only does things like this to give many of the people who posted in this thread (and many/most others) a reason to live. To them bitching = oxygen.

So better 'Stay Tuned' - it might just be your life they are saving !! Every big, bold, and free (and bitching) part of it !
    There's a lot to be said for nowhere...
    Tactfully said. :roll:

The 10C only does things like this to give many of the people who posted in this thread (and many/most others) a reason to live. To them bitching = oxygen.

So better 'Stay Tuned' - it might just be your life they are saving !! Every big, bold, and free (and bitching) part of it !
    This is confusing.

Are you saying the TC only breaks promises so that people can complain about them, or that the TC only makes promises to calm down the complainers?

Either option doesn't seem so great. If you promise something - deliver on it. And, really... how hard would it be to put together a small group of exclusive materials for TC purchases?
  • email.png

says the target and itunes ones had a free download, and to stay tuned to free crap from the 10c thing. same email explains the $2 per ticket for charity thing.
    well there you go.

i think a lot more people would have bought from elsewhere had they known it wasnt going to happen.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,177
    YES! That was the email I remembered but I coulnd't fins in my mailbox anymore!

So Luke, you are a LYING Emperor in dusguise I guess? ;)

And everyone else who just came into here about whining about "10c being a non profit organisation that does so much for us without asking us to pay for their services and a "promise" was never made" - I say it sort of was.

Meaning - my topic had relevance, maybe I could have used a better word than LYING (english is not my native tounge) but it was not a troll topic open to your whining sheep mentality.

10C is a company that we pay money too, I think they do alot of good things but when they "fuck" up - I don't see the prolkem with brininging that up. Even though you all act like it's someoine you know and you don't want to hur their feelings...

And I ordered the 10c version of BS because of all the talks about exlusive extra stuff with that version, it's not a super big deal for me -- but it was still the factor that made me buy it here -- and as I said if Amazon, Play.com or whoever promised stuff and then just kep their mouth shut about it - You wouls also react? Or?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    on2legs wrote:

Thanks

Bah! Bah!

• RhinoJamRhinoJam Posts: 596
    This is what the ten club and the BS affiliates told me about those downloads... but nothing has ever come of it.

Re: bootlegs from 10c edition of backspacer?
    by RhinoJam » 23 Nov 2009 15:45

My reply from before was from September 29th and 30th, speaking with the Ten Club and the "nproduct support team"

this is again what they told me almost two months ago...

"Hello.

Thank you for your email. The Target version of the CD and the iTunes version
    contain 2 free concert downloads chosen from a list of 11 PJ shows. Stay tuned
    for details on free concert downloads from the vault through the Ten Club
    version of the CD.

Best regards,
    eBridge Support Team
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:support@n-cd.com">support@n-cd.com</a><!-- e -->

---- Message from _ _ _ <!-- e --><a href="mailto:_@yahoo.com">_@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->> ---

To: nProducts Support <support@n-cd.com>
    Subject: Re: [Ticket#2009092910001153] Pearl Jam Backspacer Support Request
    Date: 2009-09-30 02:00:03

I did not locate a link within the "Backspacer Program" to send you a
    message....

my IFPI #'s are _ _ _ _ _ (very small on back plastic portion) IFPI _ _ _ _ on the
    gold portion of cd and _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ also on the back of the cd.

so... please send me whatever I need to have access to the live shows.

Thanks, Rhino.

--- On Tue, 9/29/09, nProducts Support <support@n-cd.com> wrote:

Subject: [Ticket#2009092910001153] Pearl Jam Backspacer Support Request
    To: "@yahoo.com>
    Date: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 9:29 AM

Hello.

Please insert your Pearl Jam 'Backspacer' music CD into your computer's drive,

and send a new support request to us within the 'Backspacer' program.

Please send us your disc's production numbers (especially the smallest one
    starting with 'IFPI').

You can find these numbers in the inner ring on the data side of your disc.

I am sorry for the inconvenience, but thank you for your cooperation and
    patience.

Best regards,
    eBridge Support Team
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:support@n-cd.com">support@n-cd.com</a><!-- e -->

---- End Message ---"

Hope this helps anyone still wondering!
    Charlotte 10/4/96 Raleigh 8/31/98 Charlotte 8/4/00 Raleigh 4/15/03 Asheville 10/6/04
    Bonnaroo 6/14/08 Spectrum 10/30/09 Spectrum 10/31/09 Atlanta 9/22/12 Wrigley 7/19/13
    Baltimore 10/27/13 Charlottesville 10/29/13 Charlotte 10/30/13 OKC 11/16/13
    St. Louis 10/03/14 Greenville 4/16/16 Hampton 4/18/16
    Columbia 4/21/16 Wrigley 8/18/18
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,842
    In terms of being a business, which they are, they really don't do a very good job in certain areas.
    such as?

Id bet they have a pretty good bottom line with minimal overhead.
    And the 10c never "promised" any downloads, but they sure did suggest that they would be coming.
    Oh well almost all shows are out there.
    Id rather they spent the time planning a tour :mrgreen:
  • email.png

thank you. there you have it, in black and white.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    This is not the first time this has happened and it probably won't be the last. Big deal, shit happens.

As a measure of constructive criticism though, the one thing I think the 10 club could be better at is communicating to the members that things happen and they are not going to be able to deliver for whatever reason. This and the BB&F are good examples. I mean think about it, it has been discussed so much that 10 club members know exactly what the acronym BB&F stands for, yet not a word from 10 club. Not big deal at all to me, it is just very curious as to why they would not at least make an attempt to explain. Most of the members are very understanding and would be fine with whatever the reason was.

I am a huge fan of PJ and the 10 club. I appreciate all the work they do and I certainly get my money's worth for the measly $20 a year dues. This is not a problem for me in the least.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
    Stay tuned for details on free concert downloads from the vault through the Ten Club
    version of the CD.

So we should stay tune for 30 weeks and counting?
    And the 10c never "promised" any downloads, but they sure did suggest that they would be coming.
    They were stating that they where coming, which is more a promise than a suggestion.

How can they not keep us updated concerning things like this? I mean, this is concerning a purchase of something from them...

I will try to email them about it.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 782
    This thread is classic. Even when faced with fact the sheep still stick their heads up their asses and pretend nothing is wrong. :roll:

q
    Get_Right wrote:
    Oh come one now... never "promised?" Really?

Next you'll be saying it depends on what the definition of "is" is :lol:
  • KatKat Posts: 4,842
    Posting Guidelines
    1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

a. We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful, thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be removed. See #3.

3. There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.
    Falling down,...not staying down
    Please then KAT - delete posts that are not following guidelines and DON'T delete entire topics. Because I don't see anything wrong with my topics? Maybe I can change some of the wordings, but it is a valid topic me thinks.
    They never promised any shows from the vault
    Interesting Luke. Is this the Jedi Mind trick? Who are you working for??

Doing the Jedi Mind Trick manuever:
    "You don'd need any shows from the vault"

Spiritual_Chaos: I don't need any shows from the vault
  • KatKat Posts: 4,842
    Posting Guidelines
    1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

a. We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful, thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be removed. See #3.

3. There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.

see the rest at the top of forum.

Just to be clear...there is a line. Making a comment about a perceived grievance, no problem. Campaigning against the people who provide this environment is not ok. Life is a balance so remember that constantly making negative posts destroys the forum environment and posting privileges will definitely be lost. The majority have the right to visit our little party stress-free.

Admin
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
    BUI
    Buying under the influence
    Hail To the Victors
    I refer to those in front...
    This was locked a second ago ??
    drsluggo wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    Oh come one now... never "promised?" Really?

Next you'll be saying it depends on what the definition of "is" is :lol:
    stay tuned = a promise?
    c'mon, how long have you been doing business with the 10c?
    "stay tuned" means something might happen or something might not happen
    At first I was miffed that the other versions got free downloads, but they are incomplete and available elsewhere
    Truthfully, those live downloads are for first-time fans.
    It would be nice to get a vault show-but hey, it was never promised and I buy the CDs for the new music.
    But hey thats why opinions are like....................
    Get_Right wrote:
    stay tuned = a promise?
    c'mon, how long have you been doing business with the 10c?

If anyone says to me 'stay tuned for info on getting XYZ' I take that as a promise/offer/etc that they will deliver on XYZ and I am staying tuned for news on how to get it.

Whether or not we're holding the TC to a different standard when it comes to fulfilling their end of the deal that's I guess up in the air. I personally am not offended or angry they didn't come through, but if you're going to make that announcement in an email you have to do something, right?
    drsluggo wrote:
    Whether or not we're holding the TC to a different standard when it comes to fulfilling their end of the deal that's I guess up in the air. I personally am not offended or angry they didn't come through, but if you're going to make that announcement in an email you have to do something, right?
    Thats my only complaint about the 10c, promised or not, why cant they just provide some INFORMATION!!!
    That seems to be the scarcest commodity around here. Doesnt cost anything to just say-sorry we tried to work something special out, but sony wont let us-or whatever. Same with the Philly boots-would it be so hard to just let us know whats happening? But then again, I guess they would end up in the same place if they were unable to deliver.
This discussion has been closed.