10club lying about extra stuff with Backspacer?

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,177
edited April 2010 in The Porch
I'm not sure exactly what was said about special stuff being offered to those who bought Backspacer through Tenclub - but I was under the influence that it would have been the case? That was why I bought the more expansive 10club version instead of paying $9.99 somewhere.

If this somewhere was stated and true(?) - Then the acceptance of this false advertisement for a product is scary. Dont you think?

What would have happend if Amazon and/or Play.com would have said the same and then didn't deliever? I mean, tenclub is also a company...
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    I honestly dont remember anything else being offered with the album.
  • I've never seen backspacer for 9.99.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,177
    I've never seen backspacer for 9.99.

This has sort of nothing to with the topic... And I'm sorry, I should have written 99SEK (swedish krona) so that people would focus on the essence of my topic:)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Infact we got 2 free bootleg downloads. That worked for me.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,967
    Before you complain about this nonsense... stop for a minute and think about all the stuff that they do for fans and make available to us.

No one is perfect. Move on with your life. I'm sure with lots of counseling you will come to forgive the 10 club.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• dixydixy Posts: 21
    I bought one of ten club and one of play.com and 2 free gig downloads with each through ten club.
    Just stick the cd in your pc and happy days. Not many other bands do it either so what more would you like.
    Love is control
    I'll die if i let go!
    Before you complain about this nonsense... stop for a minute and think about all the stuff that they do for fans and make available to us.

This has nothing to with this. Yeah they are great in many ways. So what?
  • I got 2 free downloads with the cd and there are other very cool options if you insert the cd in the computer. As far as a giveaway of something through ten club purchase, I never heard such a thing, unless it pass me up.

L
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
    I know there was a lot of talk about it when the album was realesed about special features with the 10club version. But I can be wrong, so someone prove me wrong :)
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I thought ONLY Target had free downloads which was announced after the TC sale... so I think nothing was promised with the TC version.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Below is written with respect and in a polite tone:

I am pretty sure the burden of proof is on you.
    http://twitter.com/DarthSpacegrass
    Maple Leaf Gardens - Sep 21 - Downing Stadium, Randall's Island - Sep 28,29 1996 Blockbuster Music Entertainment Center - Aug 29 - Continental Arena - Sep 08 - MSG - Sep 10,11 1998 Jones Beach Music Theatre - Aug 24,25 2000 MSG - Jun 25, 2008 United Center - Aug 23,24 - Philly Spectrum - October 28,31 2009 PruCenter - May 18 - MSG - May 20,21 2010
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    I know there was a lot of talk about it when the album was realesed about special features with the 10club version. But I can be wrong, so someone prove me wrong :)
    I think that others have already proved you wrong. The 2 free bootlegs (the Target copy gave me diddly squat).
    And I can further testify by saying I got 2... and swapped them for a different 2 from a friend.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
    Hmm.... maybe I've been living in a lie about this... I guess I'm a douche...

Will have to check out the tenclub emails from that time, but I guess I'm wrong then.

But I'm pretty sure something was promosed for the buyers of the 10Club version... How could I remember it so wrong.. hmm..

But how did you get 2 boots from the 10c version? And theese were still the ones with the covers cut out?
  • 10C did say that some content was supposed to be coming but i guess everything else got in the way. No biggie, wouldn't have been anything amazing anyway.

To make up for it;

http://www.pearljambootlegs.org/modules/jinzora2/

Ta Da!!!!

Go nuts...
  • that would suck, but i dont know for sure what was promised.

my Target copy was fine :)

Will have to check out the tenclub emails from that time, but I guess I'm wrong then.

But I'm pretty sure something was promosed for the buyers of the 10Club version... How could I remember it so wrong.. hmm..

But how did you get 2 boots from the 10c version? And theese were still the ones with the covers cut out?

As I recall... there was nothing promised when they initially went on sale thru the 10 Club.

But after a bunch of whiners on here started bellyaching, the 10 Club said they were looking into making the concert downloads available to people who bought the CD thru the fan club. But it never materialized. If I were you I would sue - ask for at least a million dollars.

Personally, I don't get the whole obsession with the downloads - they are not complete concerts and most if not all are available for free download if you look hard enough.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• on2legs wrote:

As I recall... there was nothing promised when they initially went on sale thru the 10 Club.

But after a bunch of whiners on here started bellyaching, the 10 Club said they were looking into making the concert downloads available to people who bought the CD thru the fan club.

Personally, I don't get the whole obsession with the downloads - they are not complete concerts and most if not all are available for free download if you look hard enough.

Spot on. It was only after everyone complained that 10c said they would look into it.

LOCK
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I thought ONLY Target had free downloads which was announced after the TC sale... so I think nothing was promised with the TC version.

This what I remember
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    on2legs wrote:

Such as? As far as I know...everything they do for us is for a fee.

I for one bought the CD from the Ten Club BECAUSE they promised us free downloads different from the Target ones. I didn't need a hardback book. I figured they would hook us up with some of the shows from the supposed vault they told us about 5 years ago but they just swept it under the rug and lied about it for lack of a better word. It's not so much the lie it's how people start these threads and they just ignore us.

If you buy a TV and it says it comes with a remote and it doesn't, do you talk about how much Panasonic does for you?
  • on2legs wrote:

I for one bought the CD from the Ten Club BECAUSE they promised us free downloads different from the Target ones. I didn't need a hardback book. I figured they would hook us up with some of the shows from the supposed vault they told us about 5 years ago but they just swept it under the rug and lied about it for lack of a better word. It's not so much the lie it's how people start these threads and they just ignore us.

If you buy a TV and it says it comes with a remote and it doesn't, do you talk about how much Panasonic does for you?

I honestly thought they promised something with the 10C version before everyone started bitching. I could care less, but I thought they did. I don't really care about boots of shows I wasn't at anyways. I'm not a DMB fan. :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    edited April 2010
    on2legs wrote:

They never promised any shows from the vault. The vault never really even actually opened except for one show.

I think they do the best they can... most of the time they succeed brilliantly and once in awhile they come up short. I think that describes most people on this board. Cut them some slack.

But I think what you are implying is that they deliberately are trying to mislead people or defraud people which is definitely not what's going on.

Seriously... if this is the worst injustice in your life then you are leading a pretty charmed existence and I would be thanking your maker instead of being here on a message board complaining about some perceived slight by the 10 Club.
    Post edited by on2legs on

• on2legs wrote:
    Seriously... if this is the worst injustice in your life then you are leading a pretty charmed existence and I would be thanking your maker instead of being here on a message board complaining about some perceived slight by the 10 Club.

it really fucking bugs me when people attempt to derail someone's opinion because there is other stuff going on in the world that is worse than this. OF COURSE THERE IS. GET OVER YOURSELF. Then the next time you get into a car accident and your passenger dies, I don't want to hear you whine about it because there is genocide happening in Africa.

What a ridiculous way of thinking.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,561
    on2legs wrote:
    They never promised any shows from the vault.

I think they do the best they can... most of the time they succeed brilliantly and once in awhile they come up short.

But I think what you are implying is that they deliberately are trying to mislead people or defraud people which is definitely not what's going on.

you've gone to the dark side luke...
    on2legs wrote:

it really fucking bugs me when people attempt to derail someone's opinion because there is other stuff going on in the world that is worse than this. OF COURSE THERE IS. GET OVER YOURSELF. Then the next time you get into a car accident and your passenger dies, I don't want to hear you whine about it because there is genocide happening in Africa.

I agree with you in theory except when the person is whining worse than a two year old about something so tiny and inconsequential then its appropriate to pull the "be happy you're not starving in Africa with a bloated belly and flies crawling on you" card.

gndcd402 wrote:
    on2legs wrote:
    They never promised any shows from the vault.

I think they do the best they can... most of the time they succeed brilliantly and once in awhile they come up short.

you've gone to the dark side luke...

What are you talking about?

That's my real photo!

• on2legs wrote:
    on2legs wrote:

I agree with you in theory except when the person is whining worse than a two year old about something so tiny and inconsequential then its appropriate to pull the "be happy you're not starving in Africa with a bloated belly and flies crawling on you" card.
    the only one who sounds like they are whining is you.
  • on2legs wrote:
    on2legs wrote:

he wasn't whining. He was asking a simple question, and people got all hot and bothered about it. it's never appropriate to pull that card. it's ridiculous and basically has no merit. it's nothing more than an adult version of "yeah, well my dad could beat up your dad!".
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    I´m sure they never offered downloads with TC backspacer. To prevent people from complaining, they even told us that the album was below 40 minutes total. Before the preorder date.

I remember something about a record store in England (?), that did include bonus features. Not sure if it was free downloads.
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
    he wasn't whining. He was asking a simple question, and people got all hot and bothered about it. it's never appropriate to pull that card. it's ridiculous and basically has no merit. it's nothing more than an adult version of "yeah, well my dad could beat up your dad!".

I think the hot and bothered part came about because he put the word "LYING" in the title of the thread.

Not because he asked a simple question, as you put it.

BTW.. my dad would whoop your dad's ass!

This discussion has been closed.