If Every One Hates "Riot Act" So Much...

Comments

• Ghost is amazing.

Green Disease & Save You are pretty great.

Get Right & Love Boat Capt are above average.

Cropduster & I Am Mine are pretty awesome. 1/2 Full, not too shabby.

It is uneven, but I like it. :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,179
    It's a hell of a lot better than the last two albums though.

True. Even if Eddies voice is "tired" on it, it's not as tired as the latest two album... which to me feel uninspired (and almost tacky) :) Don't bash me.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • its the best fuking album
    for the highly evolved
    i would love this on viynl aswell
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Riot Act is one of my favorite PJ albums and when I want to listen to a PJ vinyl, this is often the one I choose.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • CrookedTomCrookedTom Posts: 252
    I think it's a little overlong, and Love Boat Captain is corny as hell, and ofcourse Down should of been on the album, something like this would be more like it:

1) Can't Keep
    2) Save You
    3) Cropduster
    4) Down
    5) I Am Mine
    6) You Are
    7) Thumbing My Way
    8) Green Disease
    9) Bushleaguer
    10) Half Full
    11) Arc
    12) All Or None
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,053
    its not a bad album, its just my l.east fave Pj one
  • Riot Act has become one of my top 4 PJ albums......i am so in love with it.....i don't give a fuck who knows....all you haters can give your disgusted glances as you see us walk down the street hand in hand!!...i don't give a fuck!!!!........for it is true love!!!...and that is a thing not everyone understands!! :D:D

I LOVE YOU RIOT ACT!!!!!!!!!!!! & my wife doesn't have to know i bang you daily!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • UpSideDown wrote:
    love riot act......best "sounding" pj album ever made

Aside from the beauty that is Binaural, I agree with you. I like the warmth and ruggedness of RA's sound.
    Nothing but thanks for those willing to give of their soul to a stranger. And I hate to say it but The Who are overated.
  • joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    Love cropduster but help, help maybe the worst pearl jam song ever.
  • joebot wrote:

Have you not listened to Speed of Sound?
    Nothing but thanks for those willing to give of their soul to a stranger. And I hate to say it but The Who are overated.
    i love speed of sound !
    maybe parachutes is their worst song ever, although it worked in context on that episode of iconoclasts
  • joebot wrote:

Help, Help is a fucking great tune!!!! WTF is wrong with people?! always hating on this awesome song!! i swear Pearl jam fans are some of the most jaded fuckers on the planet!!!!!!!
  • joebot wrote:

Help, Help is a fucking great tune!!!! WTF is wrong with people?! always hating on this awesome song!! i swear Pearl jam fans are some of the most jaded fuckers on the planet!!!!!!!

I agree, HH is kick ass! I love when Jeff throws a chillin song like that into the mix.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I quite like it, there are some really good songs on it.
    joebot wrote:

Tell me lies
    Tell me lies, tell me
    Tell me lies, tell me
  • joebot wrote:
    Tell me lies
    Tell me lies, tell me
    Tell me lies, tell me

i guess there is no Help Help for some people. ;):mrgreen:
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    I love Riot Act. Not my favorite, but far far better than Back Spacer.
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,109
    Apparently all you "Riot Act" lovers/haters missed the point of my post...someone sell me their "Riot Act" vinyl! Anyone with 2 copies??? Anyone REALLY hate it, to the point where you can't even stand to own it??? From one "Riot Act" lover to all the "Riot Act" haters: sell me that shit! Its so hard to find and if I'm going to pay someone, I'd rather they be a PJ Ten Club member...

Make it happen!
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    2023-08-31 Wrigley 2
    2023-09-15 Fenway 1
  • psmitty76psmitty76 Posts: 28
    Its been all downhill since Yield. I know thats gonna piss alot of people off but its my opinion. I still think there a good band live, but there best live years 1990-1998. SORRY
  • psmitty76 wrote:
    Its been all downhill since Yield. I know thats gonna piss alot of people off but its my opinion. I still think there a good band live, but there best live years 1990-1998. SORRY
    you're not wrong, but they are still pretty awesome.
  • psmitty76 wrote:

not only are you wrong about Pearl Jam but you even fucked up the "there"....it's they're a good band...and their best years!!....sheesh.....if you can't even get that right how are we to take anything else you say seriously? :mrgreen:

Riot Act, Binaural & Self titled all kick major ass!!!
  • MASMAS Posts: 630
    Breed,
    Who's in your avatar? must be gettin old...can't see like i used to...
  • MAS wrote:
    Breed,
    Who's in your avatar? must be gettin old...can't see like i used to...

it's from the Saturday night live Pearl Jam/twilight zone skit the other week....did you see the show?
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    When Riot Act came out and Can't Keep was on it it was as though Eddie was singing what I had been thinking the couple years up to that.
    I love that album- Arc, I am Mine, Thumbing My Way, All or None, its just awesome.
    And I love the cover art- one of my favorite t-shirts that my husband wears.
  • MASMAS Posts: 630
    I could've sworn I watched the entire show but I must have missed it somehow...i'll check utube...
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Riot Act is one of my favorite albums.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• I like Riot Act I know it's not a stand out Pearl Jam album but........

Highs of Riot act for me

Save You
    Love Boat Captain
    Cropduster
    I Am Mine
    Thumbing My Way
    You Are
    Get Right

The low point

Help Help is the worst song on any Pearl Jam album by far how the heck could that make the final cut! What a waste.
  • sagapo1sagapo1 Posts: 186
    I love "Can't Keep"
    Something happened with this record.
    I love it now.
    Either they are ahead of themselves -- or I'm behind.
    "Cynics are simply disappointed idealists" - George Carlin
    Everybody winds up kissing the wrong person goodnight. - Andy Warhol

• Help Help is the worst song on any Pearl Jam album by far how the heck could that make the final cut! What a waste.

norman.gif

NO MOTHER!!! i don't want to!.....i don't want to hurt anymore people for talking shit about Help Help....yes i know they deserve it........but....but........ok fine!!!!.............have you seen my wig?!?! :mrgreen: :crazy: :mrgreen: :crazy: