If Every One Hates "Riot Act" So Much...

13»

Comments

• May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,729
    all or none is one of the best closers on any disc. that's all.
  • Imagine how much it sucks to be Cropduster right now....

Someone comes in and starts bashing Cropduster and Get Right; regarding them as the lowest of all songs.

Then in comes the Riot Act knight in shining armour on white horseback to save and redeem those songs only to say....

"Get Right is LOW?! Get Right is fantastic!"

meanwhile Cropduster stays in the dark corner as he just got his ass handed to him.

this is a good point. this is like the two sisters, one is the homecoming queen, the other is a fat hideous pig that nobody will even look at let alone date. cropduster is the latter.
  • reading you fools diss Cropduster while considering the meaning of the song...i can't help but laugh at the irony.

guess you 2 thought the world. :lol::lol::lol:
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    I like Riot Act I know it's not a stand out Pearl Jam album but........

Highs of Riot act for me

Save You
    Love Boat Captain
    Cropduster
    I Am Mine
    Thumbing My Way
    You Are
    Get Right

The low point

Help Help is the worst song on any Pearl Jam album by far how the heck could that make the final cut! What a waste.

I can understand your lack of love for that song, I truly do. I used to hate it with a passion and skip it when I listened to the cd. However, of late I played the cd right through and listened to Help Help and now I don't think it's all that bad. It kinda makes me laugh, they sound pissed or stoned or something on that song. Know they haven't played it much live (must have gotten wind that it's not generally liked) but hearing it live on one of my boots it sounds better than on the album. I actually love some of the songs on RA, including Save You, Can't Keep and You Are and would kill to hear All or None live (as a closer instead of Ledbeter). That song deserves more love than it gets, it's one of my favourites.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    pjamaholic wrote:
    I like Riot Act I know it's not a stand out Pearl Jam album but........

Highs of Riot act for me

Save You
    Love Boat Captain
    Cropduster
    I Am Mine
    Thumbing My Way
    You Are
    Get Right

The low point

Help Help is the worst song on any Pearl Jam album by far how the heck could that make the final cut! What a waste.

I can understand your lack of love for that song, I truly do. I used to hate it with a passion and skip it when I listened to the cd. However, of late I played the cd right through and listened to Help Help and now I don't think it's all that bad. It kinda makes me laugh, they sound pissed or stoned or something on that song. Know they haven't played it much live (must have gotten wind that it's not generally liked) but hearing it live on one of my boots it sounds better than on the album. I actually love some of the songs on RA, including Save You, Can't Keep and You Are and would kill to hear All or None live (as a closer instead of Ledbeter). That song deserves more love than it gets, it's one of my favourites.

I think it's good but Eddie's voice kinda creeps me out :?
  • I've got to say that there are times when Riot Act is my favourite album. I go through phases, and my preferences change from time to time, but I find Riot Act pretty solid from start to finish.

It's all subjective though - never really understood the debates about an album or song being good or bad.
  • I've got to say that there are times when Riot Act is my favourite album. I go through phases, and my preferences change from time to time, but I find Riot Act pretty solid from start to finish.

It's all subjective though - never really understood the debates about an album or song being good or bad.

Actually, on second thought, let me correct myself. Now that I think about it, I do think that some music is good and some is bad - Nickelback being one of the bad ones.

For the most part though, I find all Pearl Jam pretty damn good. I just go through periods when I'm really into one album, and then my tastes change for a little while.
  • joebot wrote:
    Love cropduster but help, help maybe the worst pearl jam song ever.

Help, Help is a fucking great tune!!!! WTF is wrong with people?! always hating on this awesome song!! i swear Pearl jam fans are some of the most jaded fuckers on the planet!!!!!!!

Look who's talking. You shit on Matt's awesome songs every chance you get. :roll:
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    Help Help was possibly the best song played during PJ's legendary 3 Boston 03' shows... Night 1. It was sick! Also that was the only pj show I ever had first row. Right in front of Stone. I had a total man crush on him.
    And, do people really hate Riot Act? I just don't get that.
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...

• Look who's talking. You shit on Matt's awesome songs every chance you get. :roll:

???? say what? you must be mistaken son.....i shit on no songs.....well....maybe last kiss, big wave, parachutes & evacuation (only the chorus...i like the song)

and i'm not sure if Matt wrote any of those.........sometimes i fell like you are my own personal troll lurking in the dark waiting to respond negatively to the things i say.....it's kinda cool. :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

• Look who's talking. You shit on Matt's awesome songs every chance you get. :roll:

???? say what? you must be mistaken son.....i shit on no songs.....well....maybe last kiss, big wave, parachutes & evacuation (only the chorus...i like the song)

and i'm not sure if Matt wrote any of those.........sometimes i fell like you are my own personal troll lurking in the dark waiting to respond negatively to the things i say.....it's kinda cool. :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

Oh, please. :roll:
  • Oh, please. :roll:

:lol::lol::lol: just curious...are you a man or woman?
  • LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Posts: 555
    edited March 2010
    This thread got me thinking about what an album of my least favorite PJ songs would look like and how many would be on it from each album. The rules: No artsy stuff like Stupid Mop, and it has to be 13 songs on actual releases but not Lost Dogs: The question: Is the worst of PJ still a good album? For me, No.

1. Cropduster
    2. Rats
    3. Mankind
    4. Thin Air
    5. Unemployable
    6. Parachutes
    7. Gone
    8. Push Me, Pull Me
    9. Help, Help
    10. Bushleauger
    11. Soon Forget
    12. Speed of Sound
    13. Comeback

Totals
    Avocado-4
    Riot Act-3
    Binaural-2
    Yield-1
    No Code-1
    Vs.-1
    Backspacer-1
    Post edited by Ledbetterdays on
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • Rats was off VS. not Vitalogy and how can you not like Rats?
    For every tool they lend us, a loss of independence
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    Rats is the freaking bomb.

And I'm with the You Are lovers - I'm a huge fan of that song. Musically it seems like they said "fuck it, let's try this and see if it works" and it's funky as hell - it's on my Pearl Jam workout mix (try listening to it while running).
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    I love riot act!
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • whgarrettwhgarrett Posts: 574
    This thread got me thinking about what an album of my least favorite PJ songs would look like and how many would be on it from each album. The rules: No artsy stuff like Stupid Mop, and it has to be 13 songs on actual releases but not Lost Dogs: The question: Is the worst of PJ still a good album? For me, No.

1. Cropduster
    2. Rats
    3. Mankind
    4. Thin Air
    5. Unemployable
    6. Parachutes
    7. Gone
    8. Push Me, Pull Me
    9. Help, Help
    10. Bushleauger
    11. Soon Forget
    12. Speed of Sound
    13. Comeback

That's a damn good album. I'd buy it. Is it out on vinyl? :D
  • "Cropduster" is a fucking brilliant song. Who gives a shit what it sounds like wedged between "Corduroy" and "Even Flow".

so true.

I love the lyrics in this song.

used it while teaching 6th grade science. well the the plant life cycle that is not the whole anti-religion aspect of the song, which I love.

Nothing but love for Riot Act.