Options

♥ MSG 1&2 Pearl Jam Pre-Parties, Fundraisers & Afterparties

Comments

• Options
    PJ44PJ44 Posts: 153
    i spoke with Stout. they would give 10c the whole back room on the main floor. it can hold 100 or so folks. i PM'd Laura with all the details earlier. if they plan on starting around 3:30pm each day the 10c will definitely get a head start on the crowd.
    PJ44
  • Options
    I can definitely help out nights I & II.....
    And he who forgets will be destined to remember. REMEMBER THE SPECTRUM!
  • Options
    I'm in for both nights.
  • Options
    I've never been to a pre party, and will hopefully be able to make 1 of the two nights... The bars around MSG are always a madhouse for any show ... there are only so many around MSG and they pack up quick .. i.e. the molly wee, mustang harry's, etc...

i usually go to a place called the Rogue.. http://www.roguenyc.com/ before a show on 25th and 6th ave. It's out of the way enough to not be packed... just some food for thought...
    trying to find an approach ... and a way to live.
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    I will be there for both nights with at least 10 people in tow :)
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,435
    i'm going night 2. But will try for both pre-parties.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    No location yet?
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    I think I updated both RSVP lists correctly, but please check again. The first list is either for night one or both nights... night 2 list is for night 2 only :>

No place confirmed yet, but we're working on it!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Mark me down for both nights please. me+1

thanks
  • Options
    Once the and beneficiary has been decided, I will donate a poster or two....
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    MahaloevMahaloev Posts: 305
    I'll be able to make it to Night 1. Are you still doing the food donations? I think it's a super idea & we do this thing all of time down here with the GS/BS. I'll bring a poster to donate as well. :)
    The Stars, the Snow, the Fire
  • Options
    Hey just FYI... a new bar opened up about two weeks ago around the corner from MSG.
    Pricey, but looks like it can hold a bunch of people.... http://www.theparlour.com/
    trying to find an approach ... and a way to live.
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    count me in for both nights...............
    ajb
  • Options
    Hey just FYI... a new bar opened up about two weeks ago around the corner from MSG.
    Pricey, but looks like it can hold a bunch of people.... http://www.theparlour.com/

wow i hit the UWS parlour regularly after my rec games. ill see if i can work any magic. we get special deals through our league, $12 pitchers.
    PJ44
  • Options
    zebra27zebra27 Posts: 214
    Count me in +1 for both nights!
  • Options
    So excited for my 1st MSG show, coming in for the weekend from Canada. Please count me in +1 for night 2.
  • Options
    Much More Than ThisMuch More Than This Brooklyn, NY Posts: 765
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Where:
    TBD. We need a very large place to have this shindig, preferably a few blocks or so from MSG. Any recommendations?

What was the name of the place of the afterparty in '06?
    Considering PJ played the Jersey Meadowlands in '06, I gather the after-parties were on the "more desirable" side of the Hudson (a lifelong Garden Stater gets to say that!). In case anyone is wondering, The Cutting Room, host of the '08 MSG 1 event, has gone the way of Sweet Jane's, formerly of Hartford. Translated: they're both defunct.

It's unfortunate because Cutting Room had the capacity, live audio system, and location with respect to MSG to accommodate a WF pre-party. The Manhattan venues where my band has played are the kind that tend more toward nightclub than bar/restaurant. But I'll do my best to come up with a few suggestions.

Oh, and one more thing…count me IN for both nights!
  • Options
    I want to be there for night one definately. Never been to a pre-party and I am psyched! let me know please!
    "if I knew where it was I would take you there.."
  • Options
    AndoAndo Denver Posts: 410
    This needs a bump! i missed it searching the first few pages

Ando +1 for MSG 1! Cant wait
  • Options
    Count me in for both nights :)
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Hey, I will be there for both nights... generally as part of SOLAT's crew ;)

It may be a little far away (38th between 5th & 6th), but The Australian is a nice bar and I know the owner. There is an upstairs that can be sectioned off with its own bar, there is also good food there, music, TVs etc. I've been to a lot of events there.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    Count me in both nights.
  • Options
    ponner1usponner1us Posts: 736
    Count me & 2 or 3 friends in for MSG2. Do we know where this is happening yet?
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I'm only shown as attending Night 2, but should be there (+1) for both nights...
    Getting close! :D
  • Options
    4/20 show plus 1
    4/21 just me
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    so what's the latest news? do we have a place for the pre and after parties yet?

now we have to start on newark too....or are we too afraid to party i newark? hehehehee....sure sounds like some of us are :)

sorry if there was an update that i missed...but i did if there was one, so can you direct me here?

thanks a zillion...see you there!
    jo
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    StillHere wrote:
    so what's the latest news? do we have a place for the pre and after parties yet?

now we have to start on newark too....or are we too afraid to party i newark? hehehehee....sure sounds like some of us are :)

sorry if there was an update that i missed...but i did if there was one, so can you direct me here?

jo

Hey Jo!

It looks likes it's going to be at Irish Times.... Carin is finalizing and will update when confirmed
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    AP135303AP135303 Posts: 39
    Please count me in +1 guest for Night 2 only. Thanks!
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    StillHere wrote:

jo

Hey Jo!

It looks likes it's going to be at Irish Times.... Carin is finalizing and will update when confirmed

VERY cool!
    thanks for the update :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    Tone wrote:
    Hey, I will be there for both nights... generally as part of SOLAT's crew ;)

It may be a little far away (38th between 5th & 6th), but The Australian is a nice bar and I know the owner. There is an upstairs that can be sectioned off with its own bar, there is also good food there, music, TVs etc. I've been to a lot of events there.

That is a cool bar but i think its way too small for a Pearl Jam pre party plus their regular crowd. i think it's going to be Irish Times anyway.
    PJ44