Options

♥ MSG 1&2 Pearl Jam Pre-Parties, Fundraisers & Afterparties

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    If possible (I know this is a big if so don't feel obligated) but if a place where under 18 people can go would be appreciated... Bringing the boys and would love to get dinner at the pre-party and still have a chance of meeting you all... Most good restauarants have a bar too in the area...

what, you're not going to 'volunteer' babysitters from the bar again? ;) :P :lol:

see everyone in nyc!! :wave:
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Night 2 only - me and Zoso
    Thanks!
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    me+1 both nights :) (maybe more)
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Both nights,
    I have a pair of night one tickets
    still need night two...will settle for one ticket...prefer 10C

But RSVP-ing for both preparties etc

Me + 1 and possibly another couple will have to update positively on that as we get closer
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    Hi Laura,

If you haven't chosen a beneficary yet...This is a great charity that I have supported that is local to NYC.

http://www.doigarttogether.org

Doing Art Together (DAT) is a non-profit arts education organization that provides hands-on programs to under-served audiences. DAT's programs build skills that enhance the ability to learn and are easily transferred from the classroom to life.

I'm new to the fanclub, but have been a PJ fan since 1991 (just never really did the fan club thing before). I would like to volunteer for Friday. Please let me know what I can do to help.

Carla
  • Options
    thatbeatthatbeat Posts: 34
    i'm in, 1st time @ MSG! (2nd night)
    coming up from NC, will be prepared.
    Defnitely going to catch Band of Horses set.
    -thatbeat

Tinroofecho.bandcamp.com
  • Options
    BUMP for an RSVP for me + 1 and possibly 2 more :)

Please let me know what type of volunteering there is left to do.

ttyl,

Jo
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    Someone please remind me to buy raffle ticekts this time I always get drunk and forget.....haha
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    good bars near msg

Stout
    Blarney Stone
  • Options
    review about Blarney Stone:

"Great place to get stupid drunk and stumble out of at 4am. not the classiest joint but fun and cheap"

That's a BINGO.
  • Options
    I recommend Stout the most. Very cool bar with live tunes.. very good type for a pearl jam crowd
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Hi Laura,

If you haven't chosen a beneficary yet...This is a great charity that I have supported that is local to NYC.

http://www.doigarttogether.org

Doing Art Together (DAT) is a non-profit arts education organization that provides hands-on programs to under-served audiences. DAT's programs build skills that enhance the ability to learn and are easily transferred from the classroom to life.

I'm new to the fanclub, but have been a PJ fan since 1991 (just never really did the fan club thing before). I would like to volunteer for Friday. Please let me know what I can do to help.

Carla

oh, oh, oh....i soooooo second this!
    AWESOME choice for a beneficiary!
    :thumbup:

oh, and i don't really care where it is, i'll be there...wherever. but, of course there's a 'but' ;)....i really think blarney stone, errrrr......big 'eh.' stout seems a better choice of the 2. just my 2 cents there. lots of other suggestions as well, so whatever. where the preparties in 2008 were held were both cool, tho definitely not as close to MSg as some being suggested here, if it makes a difference. i just especially liked the place on 9th avenue - with the outdoor space out back and great food too - tho watch your step on the sidewalk, it's dangerous out there! ;):mrgreen::lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Aloha Laura!!! :mrgreen:

Please put Mary and I down for both nights.
    First time to the East Coast. From Maui to MSG!!!! :D

Mahalo,

BigGameCaptain and somethingaboutmary
    Honolulu Dec 2, 2006
    Seattle Sept 21 & 22 2009
    Portland Sept 26, 2009
    Madison Square Garden May 20 & 21, 2010
    Bridge School Oct 23 & 24, 2010
    Alpine Valley - PJ20 Sept 3 & 4, 2011
    DeLuna Sept 21, 2012
    Atlanta Sept 22, 2012
    Missoula Sept 30, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    Portland Nov 29, 2013
    Spokane Nov 30, 2013
    Vancouver Dec 4, 2013
    Seattle Dec 6, 2013
    Tulsa Oct 8, 2014
    Lincoln Oct 9, 2014
    Telluride July 9, 2016
    Boston Aug 5 & 7, 2016
    Chicago 20 & 21, 2016
    New York Apr 7, 2017
    Seattle 8 & 10, 2018
    Missoula Aug 13, 2018
  • Options
    Aloha Laura!!! :mrgreen:

Please put Mary and I down for both nights.
    First time to the East Coast. From Maui to MSG!!!! :D

Mahalo,

BigGameCaptain and somethingaboutmary

Hells yeah!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Count me in for a night 2 :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    joshua3800 wrote:
    review about Blarney Stone:

"Great place to get stupid drunk and stumble out of at 4am. not the classiest joint but fun and cheap"

That's a BINGO.

blarney stone, blarney rock, whatever... they seemed to have issues with a large group of us, all sober coming in after the shows in 08. so we didnt go in. we were planning on getting drunk and falling out at 4am though! :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    I like fun and cheap some places in Manhattan can get a tad steep.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    EK1416EK1416 Posts: 6
    Hi,
    Please count me (Eileen) and a guest in for both MSG 1 and 2 parties! Thanks! :)

Don't know if you've found a venue yet, but you may want to check out Stout (http://www.stoutnyc.com/). They are close to MSG and usually accomodate that night's concertgoers by playing music from the bands who are headlining. During PJ's last MSG stops, they played the Live at The Garden DVD. Its a cool place and it was a lot of fun, but it does tend to get crowded on concert nights. I dont know if they have a separate area to reserve, but its worth checking out.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I may go. It depends on where Im staying, how I get there, and who I am with.

If I do attend I will have a couple goodies for auction/raffle.
  • Options
    happyandtrue for both nights!!!
    11/95 San Jose; 9/96 Randalls Island; 8/00 Jones Beach; 7-8&9 2003 NYC; 10/04 Reading; 9/05 & 10/05 Borgata; '06 Irving Plaza; '06 Hartford; '06 Camden 1&2; E. Rutherford 1&2 '06; Vegas 7/06; Bridge School 1&2 '06; 2008 WPB, Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2, Boston 2, EV NYC 1&2 and NJPAC; 6/09 EV Philly 1&2; 2009 LA 3&4, 09 San Diego, 09 Philly 1-4, 2010 MSG 1 and 2, 2010 Boston, 2010 Hartford, 2010 Newark; Alpine Valley Sept 2011
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    Updated all 87 of you crazy party goers so far :)

Will go back & respond to posts soon.

For people with location suggestions, can you PM Carin/CCnyc with the venue name, address and website so she can go check them out and ask questions :)

We will have 2 beneficiaries per day + canned food for a local food bank if someone will recommend. One day is set for Surfrider & Rational Animal I believe... the second day is 2 other charities.. are the ones suggested all actual 501(c)(3) (federally recognized) nonprofits?

Also.. if anyone has any leads on corporate sponsors (restaurants, record stores, electronics stores, tattoo parlors, etc.) that would be willing to donate to the raffle (iPods, gift certificates, whatever), can you PM Hands bound and LeatherMandi (hehe Mandi, giving you work right here on the Pit!) with the name of the business, address & contact info - or how you can help secure donations!

FYI, I won't be around that much until after Tuesday - studying for a scary exam!!! :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Updated all 87 of you crazy party goers so far :)

Will go back & respond to posts soon.

For people with location suggestions, can you PM Carin/CCnyc with the venue name, address and website so she can go check them out and ask questions :)

We will have 2 beneficiaries per day + canned food for a local food bank if someone will recommend. One day is set for Surfrider & Rational Animal I believe... the second day is 2 other charities.. are the ones suggested all actual 501(c)(3) (federally recognized) nonprofits?

Also.. if anyone has any leads on corporate sponsors (restaurants, record stores, electronics stores, tattoo parlors, etc.) that would be willing to donate to the raffle (iPods, gift certificates, whatever), can you PM Hands bound and LeatherMandi (hehe Mandi, giving you work right here on the Pit!) with the name of the business, address & contact info - or how you can help secure donations!

FYI, I won't be around that much until after Tuesday - studying for a scary exam!!! :)
    THANKS for the update...just wanted you to know that we'll be coming to BOTH nights, but I'm only on the list for Night 2...just FYI.
    ALSO...please let me know what I can do to help :)

Good luck on your exam!
    peace,
    jo

• Options
    PJ44PJ44 Posts: 153
    im on night 1 list but i am only going to night 2. unless of course someone wants to take me to msg 1 :D
    PJ44
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    I'm in for Night 2 only, +3 more too
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    Count me in for Night 1! :D
  • Options
    GemJellyGemJelly Posts: 29
    Me + 2 for night 2 also. :P
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    stouts is right near msg and would be a big enough bar for us i think. laura if ya need help with anything both nights drop me a pm. i'm always willing to help out a fellow long islander.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    I'm there both nights +1.
    10/01/1996 Buffalo, 9/10/1998 MSG, 9/11/1998 MSG, 4/18/2003 Nashville,
    10/31/2009 Philly, 5/4/2010 STL, 5/20/2010 MSG, 5/21/2010 MSG, 9/3/2011 Alpine Valley , 9/4/2011 Alpine Valley
  • Options
    jasonjason Posts: 468
    Is there a fee to participate or just donations??? Sounds AWESOME!!!
  • Options
    cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    I have no idea why I haven't RSVP'd by now, but I will be there for both nights 1 & 2.