What's your best PJ moment?

124»

Comments

• i have a few...

-Long Road opening my first show
    -Taking my little bro who was in 8th grade at the time to his first show and him getting to hear Lukin and Rival because those are the two songs he really wanted to hear. The guy in front of me at the same show asking me what song I really wanted to hear as it was his tradition to ask stranger before every pj show and it always worked. I said Patriot. They played it full band. epic.
    - All Those Yesterdays at GW '03
    -Seeing the same 2 people at every NE Pj show summer '08 in the ten club seats and every night having to introduce them to a different friend or family member.
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    don't it make you smile......
    :)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,451
    cincy.......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    I was able to get 7 good friends into the Randalls Island II show for free ;) . What a magical evening. You couldn't keep the smiles off their faces :mrgreen: . My "magical " 8-) guacamole dip may have enhanced the evening a bit also :mrgreen::lol::lol:
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 826
    I've got dozens, obviously, but I'll boil them down to a top five:

-- seeing my band in my hometown of Thunder Bay, something I never would've dreamed possible in a million years
    -- the second and third encores in Buffalo 2003; I wish I could've seen the look on my face when the band came back out and went into "Baba"
    -- the second Toronto show in 2006, which made me smile more broadly than any other concert I've ever seen
    -- "The Real Me" in Calgary 2009
    -- my first "Alive," Minneapolis 1998

In terms of Pearl Jam fandom, I've been incredibly lucky. Carrying on!
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
    meeting ed last summer in nashville. we had a nice exchange and he gave me a pick. awesome day.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    ~bump~
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,824
    When I heard "Black" live for the first time at DC 08. It was my 5th show and the first time I had heard my favorite song of all time live. Great moment.
  • kasedougkasedoug Posts: 2,934
    Walking into the Arlington Theatre in Santa Barbara to find my seats in the 2nd row, dead center for EV's solo show in 08. After sitting down, I just happened to notice something on the floor underneath my seat. Picking it up, I discovered it was Ed's pick from soundcheck. To top it all off, it was an incredible show and I was right there, front and center, to witness it all.
  • Funny part of the story was when I put the jacket on leaving the show and people realized I was the one who got it and girls came up to me to smell the shirt to find out what Eddie smells like.
    So what does he smell like ? :oops:

My best moment was my first live show I saw in 2007. What an amazing experience.
  • PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    Got 2 :)

1) Borgata Night 2 10/01/05
    Drove there from CT w/ wifey and buddy...stayed at the hotel - hit AC and we blasted Springsteen's (Atlantic City) - as Bruce fanatics we were doing the whole "imagine if they busted this out tonight?"...Black and Tans made of Sierra & Guinness at the Metrolpolis in the Borgata...meeting Mike in that restaurant prior to the show, getting Ed Preset of Atlantic City, the boys doing Mother preset w/ wigs :)...Bee Girl, Leash tease in STBC, Harvest Moon - killer set overall - Ace Freheley on RITFW and meeting Space Ace in the Metropolis afterward...Unbelievable show and happenings - literally 2nd row...tuff night to ever top - by far best PJ moment(s) :)

2) Aladdin Night 1 11/30/93
    First PJ show, and admittedly not on the bandwagon with TEN...saw this performance and they blew my mind - hooked from that moment! Tremor Christ and State of Love and Trust were magical!!!
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 2,926
    Daughter/It's OK from Leeds 06, Present Tense @ Wembly 07 and finally hearing Release last year in Adelaide.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    The first time I ever saw them... back in Auckland in 95... the crowd was getting unruly before the band came out, and the guy on the PA said the band wouldn't play if the band settled down... no luck... then Ed came out on his own and told everyone to step back and calm down. Complete compliance. Nobody was going to fuck with him.

Oh yeah... the fact that he opened with a solo version of Throw Your Arms Around Me and closed with Neil and Tim Finn singing I Got You and History Never Repeats didn't suck too bad either.

I'm pumped to be taking my wife to see them for the first time ever in May. She's been a fan since day one, but for some ridiculous reason has never seen them live. I'll be ending years of shame at Jazz Fest lol
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • HAPHESHAPHES Posts: 19
    Meeting Ed outside the Tower in Philly last summer. A half hour that I have embedded into my mind....
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    This is such a beautiful thread! I love reading all these stories!

So far, my best PJ moment are the moments where a song just hits you and you just understand and get that amazing feeling. Things become clearer, and the song just unleashes its power on you!
    Songs that have done this to me, in particular: In Hiding, Given to Fly, Present Tense, I Got Shit, just to name a few.

For now, that's my best PJ moment.
    MSG I & II will be my first 2 PJ shows and I know I'm in for the experience of a lifetime.
    REALLY looking forward to letting the music take over & being able to see my favorite band, right in front of me! See you there!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Columbus 2000, Fan club seats second row center. Went with my best friend. After the main set and hysterically loving everything, my friend and I started screaming before the band walked off "Present Tense" because it was his favorite song and he wanted to hear it. And low and behold, the first encore, they came out and did PRESENT TENSE!!! We went insane! I like to think that Ed actually heard us and did that for us.

That, and my first show Toledo 1996. And taking different people every time and having them proclaim that it was the BEST LIVE SHOW they ever saw.
  • ottonypottonyp Posts: 226
    Pearl Jam moment:Second row, dead center Irving Plaza...can't even put it into words!! Best Vedder moment:

I originally posted this on August 11, 2008:

I don't even know how to put into words what happened last night.... Basically, me and my daughter Jenna waited around in the parking lot of the venue from 3:30 till 7:30 waiting to see Eddie. Finally at 7:20 I see a security guard walking away from the door he had been guarding all day heading down the street to alternative entrances, so we follow him. Two seconds later a man pulls up in a van with Eddie's bodyguard and Ed. Jenna and I start yelling to Eddie and waving,"Hi" to him, and he definitely spotted us. Before long people begin to assemble so the guard instructs them to drive around the building to the back entrance (where we had been waiting all day). So Jenna and I sprint around the entire venue chasing after Eddie's van. By the time I get to the backdoor Eddie is almost all the way in the door. I hurry to try to take a picture, when suddenly Eddie's bodyguard sternly reprimands me!! A few seconds later, Ed's bodyguard sees me looking in the opened door and he says something like, "You over here, come here"! I hesitated a few moments, as I thought he was going to take my tickets away from me. Next thing you know, Eddie pokes his head around the corner, and upon seeing me, he says, "Him, yes him, get him in here"! So again the bodyguard motions to me to come in, and after hearing Ed, I go walking in. Then Ed says to me, "Dude where is your daughter, get your daughter man"! I thought she was right behind me, so I turn around and notice someone had closed the door. I open the door and to my relief she is standing there with this woman she had been talking with all night. I yell to her, "Jenna, hurry up, come on, Eddie wants to meet you"!
    Upon walking back in, Eddie is standing there waiting for us with his bodyguard. We talk for a little while, I take two pictures of him with my daughter, then Jenna takes two pictures of the two of us, Eddie autographs my PJ shirt,and then he reaches in his pocket and says to my daughter, "Sorry honey, I don't have a guitar pic with me". He then reaches to the back of his head and removes his hair tie, and gives this to her. After talking a few more minutes, he says, "It's been great meeting you Jenna and 'pops', but I have to go to work now"! Jenna and I then exit screaming and yelling to a round of cheers from the rest of the fans outside who witnessed what had just happened!
    But that was just the beginning of an amazing night. After Eddie had sang nearly a dozen songs, he began telling the story of how he had met Jenna before the show and that this was the first concert she ever attended. He went on to say, "I don't know exactly where she is out there, but I now she is somewhere". Then a guy right next to us yells out, "Jenna is up here Eddie". Then Eddie commented that what he really wanted was for her to come down to the stage so he could sing a song just for her! I led Jenna to the stage, where we were greeted by Ed's bodyguard, who led us backstage. We then watched from there as Eddie performed "Drifting", after which Eddie made the announcement that Jenna had made it to the stage. Because Jenna was so nervous, Eddie set up TWO chairs on stage (one for her and one for me). Shortly after being seated the crowd began singing "Happy Birthday" to Jenna and Eddie said, "No,No,No...I have my own song for her". When the crowd continued to finish the song, Eddie played and sang the remainder of the song. Then he proceeded to sing "Forever Young" to her!! Once he finished he handed my daughter his pic saying, " I told you I would get you a pic before the night was through"! He then I believe, asked the crowd for applause for us and he gave Jenna a hug for the road!
    I just want to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to Eddie for providing my daughter (and me) with a night we will NEVER, EVER forget!!! His hospitality to us was amazing!! This is all my daughter has been talking about since it happened!!! Truely an epic night!!! Oh and by the way, to the woman with 'Petunia', my daughter is already missing the both of ya'!! Hope I wasn't to wordy!!!! Peace and Keep On Rocking In The Free World !!!!
  • 4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,224
    maybe just because it is so fresh in my brain, but I got to go to the SNL taping a few weeks ago, and it was awesome ! lucked out with last minute tix . got to hang out after the show in "the" hallway after the show. Met the whole band except for Eddie, it was nuts. Then got to go to the after party. Met Julian from the strokes on the way in. Eddie showed up, said thank you and shook his hand. Boom was awesome, as he was leaving the bar I gave a "boooooooom" and he stopped, turned around, came back and said good night. too cool ! The whole night was just silly.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,816
    philly night 4 (Halloween) :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD